Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

When you think you have been protecting your 6'8 300lbs bodyguard this entire time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

sexpig by night posted:

right but a money pit in terms of income, which again speaks to liquid assets. If tomorrow he tried to sell one of his courses to...insert any weird saudi or russian oligarch here...he'd make a poo poo ton of cash off it.

That’s assuming someone wants to buy a money pit, though.

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Nothing is going to happen to facebook.

There will be another campaign to gently caress with their advertising dollars I bet. This is obscene, they banned Alex Jones but not Bannon? What the gently caress is his problem and why does he support right wing terrorism?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

CmdrRiker posted:

This doesn't read as a glib post. I disagree with this probation. >:|

This might be the journalistic phrasing that I am taking issue with, but "has not violated enough policies" is a poo poo rear end way to moderate your platform. gently caress Zuck.

i mean even Twitter Jack perma banned Bannon and will probably ban trump when January roles around if not maybe sooner and twitter sucks as much as facebook. zuck just loves the chud bullshit and hopes the boomers buy him another decade.

Ages
Feb 20, 2005

Its just half the puffin juice and the puffin lives and doesnt mind. I promise!
Fun Shoe
hm, this does not seem to be a winning strategy

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1327015818987618304?s=20

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yeah, Operation Eagle Claw was a loving shitshow as was Black Hawk Down/etc.

https://twitter.com/Laurie_Garrett/status/1326989666055299074

also its not over.

Overturning the election by bribing legislators and electors seems like a good way to get a really stunning inverted look from a gas station canopy but :shrug: go off king

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a little bit taller
I wish I was a baller
I wish I had a wookie in a hat with a bat
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

Wicked Them Beats posted:

My understanding is that the Agency Review Teams and the Biden Transition Team are separate entities (the former is overseen by the latter). You won't find Ted Kaufman's name on the ART list either but he's in charge of the whole thing.

Muñoz being on the transition team was mentioned yesterday in this AP article which I think is why there is sudden interest in her.

Her being in Biden's orbit is not fake news, I'm afraid.

Apologies, I wasn’t doubting the story itself, the AP article just seems like it’s regurgitating older news. One example here (The Hill, I know, but it’s not the only one from back in September).

quote:

Immigration advocates are livid over the Biden transition team's addition of Cecilia Muñoz, a former Obama administration official who was the public face of that administration's immigration policy.

Muñoz, who once served as the head of former President Obama's White House Domestic Policy Council, was named by the Biden campaign Friday as part of a group of eight new senior transition advisers.

So, to close my train of thought, since I didn’t see Muñoz on the team page, it was possible they’re not actually including her in the actual transition, now that Biden’s president-elect.

I guess it would be nice to get a confirmation from the campaign itself.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Nothing is going to happen to facebook.

Facebook is rapidly burning political bridges because even their smallest attempts at moderation towards republican is seen as a full on assault on values and freedoms, on the otherhand their constant shittiniess about hosting conspiracy theorists and neonazis means they keep losing ground with democrats and the left.

They are trying to thread a needle here and it's not looking good.

thewalk
Mar 16, 2018

Crespolini posted:

the amount of nono words grows much too quickly for any up to date list to be feasible, sadly

snowflakes gotta flake

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

America Inc.
Nov 22, 2013

I plan to live forever, of course, but barring that I'd settle for a couple thousand years. Even 500 would be pretty nice.

Halloween Jack posted:

I think people ought to have an extremely low regard for the legitimacy of the electoral process. If that's accelerationism, so be it. We have to have a reckoning over it, and the further off it is the worse it's going to be.

It's not like the Republicans are going to advocate for real election reform though. This is just part of a strategy to corrupt the electoral process further as they've been doing for decades.

If we want electoral reform at a federal level the best chance is a Dem majority in both houses and the Presidency. Then we might get bills like HR-1 passed.

Republicans will continue to corrupt the electoral system to ensure that doesn't happen. This nonsense from the Republicans is only taking us one step further to the collapse of the US as we know it.

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yeah, Operation Eagle Claw was a loving shitshow as was Black Hawk Down/etc.

https://twitter.com/Laurie_Garrett/status/1326989666055299074

also its not over.

I see they're already giving up on their frivolous lawsuits

this is a bluff, imo, and I can sometimes be a doomer

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
So it seems like their plan is to try to run out the election clock until it falls to Congress and the GOP can pull off a majority of red states to selection Trump?

Fart Amplifier
Apr 12, 2003

thewalk posted:

snowflakes gotta flake

Maybe figure out how to have policy debate without constantly using slurs

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Crespolini posted:

the amount of nono words grows much too quickly for any up to date list to be feasible, sadly

If someone has poo poo opinions and worse policies, attack them on that. There's literally zero need to bring race or gender or anything else into it

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
So, someone who understands the Pennsylvania law more, help me understand what's going on here with this new president judge decision. As far as I can tell

-in September, the Penn SC says the Secretary of State can, infact, extend the deadline for mail ballots she postmarked before Election Day until Nov. 6th.

-End of October, the case had gone to the SCOTUS, which rules neither way.

-Nov. 6th, Alito grants a GOP request to segregate the ballots this would have affected

-Today, the President Judge of the Commonwealth Court, which is apparently an Appellate court, says this whole thing should have never happened because the SoS doesn't have that authority.

I can see how point 4 would contradict 2, because there was no ruling, but doesn't it fly in the face of point 1? How does a mid level court get to overturn the decision of the state Supreme Court?

How many votes does this affect anyway?

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

CommieGIR posted:

So it seems like their plan is to try to run out the election clock until it falls to Congress and the GOP can pull off a majority of red states to selection Trump?
They don't have a plan.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

CommieGIR posted:

I think "plan" is a bit strong.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

CommieGIR posted:

I mean that would involve winning lawsuits which has proven impossible.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Herstory Begins Now posted:

If someone has poo poo opinions and worse policies, attack them on that. There's literally zero need to bring race or gender or anything else into it

You just probated someone for doing that, though

CmdrRiker
Apr 8, 2016

You dismally untalented little creep!

CommieGIR posted:

What you're saying sounds more like multiple slates of electors rather than faithless electors.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Jimmy Dore has a good take in the punching left from the Democrats.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-uY7AxHpEg

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.

CommieGIR posted:

They can't really do this the only State that may not make the deadline , maybe is Georgia. This doesn't work for a variety of reasons. They'd even with out Georgia Biden is above the required 50% + threshold.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Hollismason posted:

They can't really do this the only State that may not make the deadline , maybe is Georgia. This doesn't work for a variety of reasons. They'd even with out Georgia Biden is above the required 50% + threshold.

Good to know!

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

If states can't certify under litigation then why aren't more states being hit with lawsuits? Seems like hot air.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

The SituAsian posted:

There were 6 faithless electors in 2016 (the plantifs in Chifalo v Washington and Baca v Colorado among them) so it wouldn't surprise me if, once 270 is passed that we get a symbolic vote or two.

Comedy timeline: Hillary Clinton ends up the lone faithless elector

Please look poo poo up before posting something like this, I've seen so many goon posts getting this basic fact wrong in the past few days. There were 7, and three more that tried but didn't succeed.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

punk rebel ecks posted:

Jimmy Dore has a good take in the punching left from the Democrats.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-uY7AxHpEg

In case you're a Jimmy Dore hater like me, Sam Seder also had a good interview with Ryan Grim on the topic.;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNdE24bNsPU

YamiB.
Nov 5, 2009

TheScott2K posted:

Really miss the days when posters like Pick would get ridiculed to the point of melting down and getting permabanned instead of somehow getting Special Magic rear end in a top hat Status that results in actually-decent posters eating probes for pointing out the smell of their poo poo.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Please stop being mean to D&D's favorite bigot :(

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea there's no 'clock' to run out, GA is the only one that can drag rear end for like, a full month MAYBE and even if they get their miracle shot and get a win there...Biden still wins. The only 'clock' here is the deadline to certify election results and the court cases are crumbling long before the end date.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

If states can't certify under litigation then why aren't more states being hit with lawsuits? Seems like hot air.

They're going to find out that the one precedent that Bush v. Gore set was that the looming deadline is indeed a valid reason to stop litigation and declare a winner.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
According to MSNBC , George Recount starts tomorrow morning with counties responsible for the recounting, they have until Wednesday of next week to do the count and then the State Certifies next Friday.

Kind of curious if they'll make that deadline.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
The court cases aren’t merely crumbling they’re being openly mocked in court.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Hollismason posted:

According to MSNBC , George Recount starts tomorrow morning with counties responsible for the recounting, they have until Wednesday of next week to do the count and then the State Certifies next Friday.

Kind of curious if they'll make that deadline.

they absolutely will, they'll likely drag out to Friday proper but even the republican SoS doing this functionally admitted there's no chance of this coming up as anything but a biden win still.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Majorian posted:

In case you're a Jimmy Dore hater like me, Sam Seder also had a good interview with Ryan Grim on the topic.;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNdE24bNsPU

You hate Jimmy Dore!? Is thought you were a fan of his. :confused:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

The court cases aren’t merely crumbling they’re being openly mocked in court.

it's so loving funny that they've got judges outright going 'this sucks so loving much, stop it, I hate this'. Just outright finding new ways to make 'contempt of court' a literal thing rather than legal.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

YamiB. posted:

Please stop being mean to D&D's favorite bigot :(

As someone who has struggled with mental health issues in the past, I saw Pick's deployment of "normal people" as being used to describe the antithesis of "people who care too much about racial justice," which is something I've had deployed against me both for mental health-related struggles, and also in the same political context to what Pick decided to use it in. It's not "normal" to want to change a system that you benefit from despite the horrors it visits on members of lower castes, is the most charitable way I can describe the sentiment.

It's disgusting and I won't dignify it with anything else, but I saw it and I knew it for what it was immediately.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I don't think the point of saying that you can't use bigoted language against women in general was you have to drop everything and use abusive language towards the nearest specific woman

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

generic one posted:

Apologies, I wasn’t doubting the story itself, the AP article just seems like it’s regurgitating older news. One example here (The Hill, I know, but it’s not the only one from back in September).

So, to close my train of thought, since I didn’t see Muñoz on the team page, it was possible they’re not actually including her in the actual transition, now that Biden’s president-elect.

I guess it would be nice to get a confirmation from the campaign itself.

That's because the ARTs are not the "transition." They are employees (edit: actually in this case most of them are "volunteers" but assume their work here is basically an audition) working at the behest of the transition. Strangely the Transition Team doesn't seem to be featured on Biden's transition website, just the Agency Review Teams. Here's the only list I could quickly find of the Transition Team that was established a couple of months ago. As far as I can tell none of those people are members of the ARTs, despite having titles like "Co-Chair" or "Transition Team Full-Time Staff." If they've all been laid off it was done very quietly, and I assure you Ted Kaufman getting fired would have generated at least one article. Another example is that Cynthia Hogan is on that list and she literally quit her job at Apple to join up with Team Joe. I doubt she did so with the understanding that she would only be involved for a few months and then told to pound sand.

The president appoints something insane like 4,000 people and those people go on to hire thousands more in each of the agencies they work in or oversee, so it's not safe to assume that someone isn't involved just because they haven't been generating recent headlines. Muñoz is definitely active in setting up the Biden administration which suggests she's going to be a part of it, or at the least have a strong influence on it.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

CommieGIR posted:

It seems like their "plan" is to just keep throwing legal poo poo at the wall and presumably yelling "Corrupt judges!" when none of it sticks

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I'm sort of curious why you think that pointing out that people like me shouldn't be born because of our genetics, using my avatar as a platform, is supposed to be an effective strategy. I'm already perfectly aware of the kind of rhetoric that people with severe genetic disorders receive. I'm not a eugenicist, in fact I have a pretty consistent stance that I don't like eugenics, so threatening me with eugenics is sort of business as usual. Eugenics is the enemy of people with genetic disorders, that's not news?

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/KlasfeldReports/status/1327019227505717249?s=20

https://twitter.com/KlasfeldReports/status/1327024506683215873?s=20

https://twitter.com/KlasfeldReports/status/1327024984238288897?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CmdrRiker
Apr 8, 2016

You dismally untalented little creep!

Please, someone probate everyone who is continuing this hosed up conversation about disabilities and eugenics.