Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

it’s boring as poo poo, every episode is just “how’s mando gonna get out of this pickle” and then wow he gets out of it

you forget the side character that either betrays him, becomes his ally, or both

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

it’s boring as poo poo, every episode is just “how’s mando gonna get out of this pickle” and then wow he gets out of it

i haven't watched the mandolorian but that is the best formula for a show possible

knight rider

mcguyver

many fine episodes of the star treks

the a team

thunder lizards

miami vice

rat patrol (in color)

the incredible hulk

saved by the bell

and so on

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.
yeah starwars was never anything more than very formulaic adventure with a touch of western and ww2, and mandalorian does a better job of capturing that than pretty much any other starwars since forever

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
cheeky mando's

Serf
May 5, 2011

i just want the mandalorian to end with baby yoda being sent through a time vortex and becoming regular yoda. that would piss off so many people

Meat Miracle
Oct 24, 2010

Serf posted:

i just want the mandalorian to end with baby yoda being sent through a time vortex and becoming regular yoda joseph stalin. that would piss off so many people

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

baby yoda turns out to be evil and is shot into a star

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

if there was like a single other western/scifi/samurai episodic serial being made now itd be completely intollerable

Fluoride Jones
Aug 24, 2009

toot toot
any of you guys watch lodge 49? it's pretty good. It's like Under the Silver Lake the Animated Series

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
baby yoda as anakin's father

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

Serf posted:

watching that little green freak suck up that elderly lizard woman's eggs like they were m&ms was pretty dark for what is advertised as a family-friendly space adventure and i laughed every time because i couldn't believe they were doing it

yeah, I thought it was pretty funny. That frog lady was dumb as hell

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

[Frog Lady speaks Frog.]

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

that twitter post referring to the frog lady as a refugee or some poo poo is great

frog lady ain't gonna gently caress you pal!

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
also if she cared that much about her drat eggs she would'nta left her jar of them just sitting unsecure in the cargo hold

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

drat right, everyone knows that if you've got eggs, someone is trying to eat them, so secure your poo poo or it's getting ate, girlboss

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

https://twitter.com/lukeisamazing/status/1326577076984569856?s=21

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Equeen posted:

nah i hate moviebob more than i hate that post.

like, just enjoy bob owning himself, why did we need to bring in self-rightous biden outrage?

because this is cspam?

like seriously how are you people who dont like political chat even finding the thread

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

did disney fix the simpsons lovely aspect ratio yet

e: they did and disney tried to advertise it as a new feature lmao

Stairmaster has issued a correction as of 03:02 on Nov 13, 2020

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Treasure of the Sierra madre is a good movie. I'm enjoying the bogart/Huston films.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Farm Frenzy posted:

if there was like a single other western/scifi/samurai episodic serial being made now itd be completely intollerable

yeah

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Some Guy TT posted:

because this is cspam?

like seriously how are you people who dont like political chat even finding the thread

I’m not sure if “political chat” was courting the negative attention, as much as it was the grim imbalance of ideological humours that leads some, when faced with the option of either clicking a link to get the joke/ignoring a post because Twitter sucks, or raving about sex criminals bombing the Middle East, to first always pick the latter, then quiz you about how much Palestinian blood you drink at your sex slave parties if you do a wellness check on them.

At some point being ok with it because this is doom world and it melts brains, or whatever, evinces the same flaw that ruins nerd circles; everyone is welcome, regardless of any borderline psychotic tendencies, so long as they don’t technically make your gathering an active crime scene, because you’re convinced saying something would make you mean, just like the people that made or make you feel bad.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Egg Moron posted:

yeah, it's really out there and really good

I like it a whole bunch

oh yeah the hosed up transformations are the best part

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Fluoride Jones posted:

any of you guys watch lodge 49? it's pretty good. It's like Under the Silver Lake the Animated Series

I liked it, very chill good hearted show, and also has pretty good portrayal of working classs people struggling with lovely jobs and life, but not in a depressing way? It's very much about people supporting eachother and trying to carve their own little place in this lovely world, I liked it a lot. Dud is a good boi

I wouldn't really compare it to Under the Silver Lake

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

I am currently procuring New Zealand's answer to mad max, 1982s Battletruck, also known as Warlords of the 21st Century and I am very excited to watch it

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

Battletruck is directed by Harvey Cokeliss who was the second unit director on The Empire Strikes Back and also directed the weird tommy lee jones/linda hamilton movie Black Moon Rising which was written by john carpenter

also the bizarre british horror movie Dream Demon

also the intensely satisfying Burt Reynolds action thriller Malone (1987)

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Egg Moron posted:

drat right, everyone knows that if you've got eggs, someone is trying to eat them, so secure your poo poo or it's getting ate, girlboss

Smash Yoda eat the eggs

Falukorv
Jun 23, 2013

A funny little mouse!
Whats the issue some of you have with moviebob? Know next to nothing about the guy besides him being a critic and vaguely recognizing his twitter profile. Feels like im missing some context but im always up for some gossip.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Egg Moron posted:

Battletruck is directed by Harvey Cokeliss who was the second unit director on The Empire Strikes Back and also directed the weird tommy lee jones/linda hamilton movie Black Moon Rising which was written by john carpenter

also the bizarre british horror movie Dream Demon

also the intensely satisfying Burt Reynolds action thriller Malone (1987)

Now that's my jam.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

the film blob is still enjoyable even if the pacing and special effects are out dated

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

watched Art of Self Defence, very babbys first critique of hypermasculinity, boring, predictable, every character spoke with the exact same annoying robotic affectation. Jesse Eisenberg plays the exact same character he always plays in these indie movies.

people like it apparently?

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Falukorv posted:

Whats the issue some of you have with moviebob? Know next to nothing about the guy besides him being a critic and vaguely recognizing his twitter profile. Feels like im missing some context but im always up for some gossip.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

grate deceiver posted:

watched Art of Self Defence, very babbys first critique of hypermasculinity, boring, predictable, every character spoke with the exact same annoying robotic affectation. Jesse Eisenberg plays the exact same character he always plays in these indie movies.

people like it apparently?

If you don't like JE, watch Vivarium

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

https://twitter.com/sarafischer/status/1327215945027362816?s=19

Oof

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

note that that chart is potentially misleading of the way they're aggregating services

as an example the "Disney+" category is up only ~5.6m instead of the indicated 16.2m, the bulk of the growth is actually Hotstar in India

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

oh my god that's perfect, I've been thinking the same thing for years

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Moviebob is literally what chuds think liberals are

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

MonsieurChoc posted:

Now that's my jam.

it delivered on a great many mad max rip off core brand promises, evil villain, breaking stuff, it drags a bit in the middle but it was an altogether enjoyable experience

https://i.imgur.com/QKdxTqY.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/FJXmaUJ.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/n1qhOfn.mp4

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
This thread, I guess?
https://twitter.com/shoe0nhead/status/1326812745170300929?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017