Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

NoneMoreNegative posted:

is this right at the center join of your clavicle? Mine too, googling it it seems super rare. Absolutley no pain with it (so far) but it can be either a soft 'clunk' that no-one will notice or a massive echoey 'POP' that sounds like someone breaking a dry stick. Had it for years.

yep! it doesnt both me, either. aside from this thread, i dont think I've encounter anyone in-person that had the same thing happen, so I'd believe that

Fatty Crabcakes posted:

and for the next 6 months I got phone calls for Marvin until I started answering unknown numbers "Seargent Stedenko, LAPD. How can I help you?"

i like this strategy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Agile Vector posted:

i like this strategy
the results were very... nice

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

you missed an opportunity to be a funny name like sergeant hamstink imo

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

glad you lived to tell the tale

even if you dont like horny goat weed or something something

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

i am not quite 40 but my neck hurts every day when i wake up for like an hour

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
start working on neck flexibility now because eventually that poo poo is gonna last all day sometimes if you don't

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
c old man s: i had a kidney stone recently and those things are a fucker. i'm told they are almost as or more painful as giving birth.

i called an ambulance when it first hit because it hurt so much.

however i also noticed that it didn't hurt as much as my wrists/hands can get on a really bad rsi pain day, the only difference being my wrists/hands often eventually go numb

gently caress getting old and breaking your body touching computers, this poo poo sucks

i'm supposed to be getting a bunch of lab work done to see if i have arthritis but covid has gone off the charts again recently so i guess that's gonna wait until next year

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

jesus WEP posted:

it's nbd because 40 is the new 25 i heard recently.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Cold on a Cob posted:

c old man s: i had a kidney stone recently and those things are a fucker. i'm told they are almost as or more painful as giving birth.

Reminds me of when I had to walk a guy at work to the infirmary because he was bent double with pain, and everyone thought he had a burts appendix or something.

Turns out he just had the shits something awful. After an explosion he was fine.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Cold on a Cob posted:

however i also noticed that it didn't hurt as much as my wrists/hands can get on a really bad rsi pain day, the only difference being my wrists/hands often eventually go numb

gently caress getting old and breaking your body touching computers, this poo poo sucks

i'm supposed to be getting a bunch of lab work done to see if i have arthritis but covid has gone off the charts again recently so i guess that's gonna wait until next year

i've had two kidney stones and beyond not know wtf was wrong with me at first with the initial one i can say i've definitely felt worse. pretty much laid up while waiting for them to pass but i wasn't like, wishing for death or anything. being bedside for both of my sons' births I'd say that's worse.

i had to wait weeks for the first one to go away (only a few days of bad renal cholic though--even went to class). the second one made its presence known and was then gone after like two hours lol.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
being an old dad is kicking my rear end. my shoulder has been in constant pain for months from carrying a baby. so I tried to do a lot more on my other hand. now both of my shoulders are in constant pain.

however that dad gut is coming in nicely and much faster than I expected

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Cold on a Cob posted:

a more or less conventional presentation of a kidney stone is pretty bad. appendicitis/burst appendix is worse by at least an order of magnitude. having gone through both these things

breaking both your ankles at once (and the recovery) is somewhere in the middle.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

Kenny Logins posted:

a more or less conventional presentation of a kidney stone is pretty bad. appendicitis/burst appendix is worse by at least an order of magnitude. having gone through both these things

breaking both your ankles at once (and the recovery) is somewhere in the middle.

yeah when they were asking me how much it hurt in the hospital i was like 7/10, it was bad enough that the morphine barely cut the pain but i also had no problem walking around. it got worse for a few days at home but once it got into my bladder it was more annoying than painful.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Cold on a Cob posted:

yeah when they were asking me how much it hurt in the hospital i was like 7/10, it was bad enough that the morphine barely cut the pain but i also had no problem walking around. it got worse for a few days at home but once it got into my bladder it was more annoying than painful.

when i was a kid i'd of course heard of kidney stones and was always horrified by the prospect of having one because i assumed they hosed up one's urethra when coming out. was relieved to find out that wasn't the case.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Cold on a Cob posted:

by the time i called the ambo and it arrived the pain had cut down a lot

the little bastard did backflips in my bladder for like 40 days. it was pretty annoying as you’re supposed to avoid coffee until it passes which i did

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i sleep with my wife on a giant kidney stone

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

President Beep posted:

i sleep with my wife on a giant kidney stone

Me too.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Cold on a Cob posted:

my dad was shot twice in vietnam and said that passing kidney stones was worse.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

rotor posted:

depending on where you get shot and how long before you can get treated this is not difficult for me to believe

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

rotor posted:

Did they have to remove his vietnam after that?

:ohdear:

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

jesus WEP posted:

I turned 40 this year and I feel great. Now that cycling is hard to do I’m just doing some core muscle exercises every other day to keep my back in shape. Some planking, dead bugs, butterfly sit-ups, etc.

Gotta get on the stationary bike to keep my cardio up.

Apr 7, 2003

rotor posted:

Weird that your dad was somehow younger than you

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Kenny Logins posted:

depending on where you get shot
Vietnam. He already said that, dude. Pay attention, geez

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Weird that your dad was somehow younger than you

hehe

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Fatty Crabcakes posted:

Vietnam. He already said that, dude. Pay attention, geez

god kenny! you titanic pillock! jesus.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

what a bunch of clowns

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

President Beep posted:

god kenny! you titanic pillock! jesus.
you’re lucky this is page 69!!

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

drat you are all old and falling apart. anyway I am off to the doctor because my throat hurts and all my lymph nodes on my head are hella swole.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

today i woke up and i think i scratched my eye on my pillow and it really hurt to keep it open

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

poor old rotor. thought of pillows and cried.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

rotor posted:

today i woke up and i think i scratched my eye on my pillow and it really hurt to keep it open

Like, on a feather that was partially erupted (quill-side out) from the pillow?

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Schadenboner posted:

Like, on a feather that was partially erupted (quill-side out) from the pillow?

feather stuffed anything is terrible, I don’t know why they’re popular. give me artificial foams and fluff any day

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

latex pillows best pillows. idk what black magic means they stay cool all night but it rules

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

the best pillow is $5 and thin and you replace it every 6 months

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

mediaphage posted:

feather stuffed anything is terrible

:wrong:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

The Management posted:

:smugmrgw:

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

nope, sometimes I would forget to ask for no feathers in a hotel and had to suffer with weird feather shapes all night. yuck

now we have a magic pillow that gets cooler when you compress it. literally amazing

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy

jesus WEP posted:

latex pillows best pillows. idk what black magic means they stay cool all night but it rules

I went from a cheap firm queen mattress that I’d soak with sweat to a plush king with cooling foam top and it’s amazing

Apr 7, 2003

The Management posted:

being an old dad is kicking my rear end. my shoulder has been in constant pain for months from carrying a baby. so I tried to do a lot more on my other hand. now both of my shoulders are in constant pain.

I feel great and I’m in the best shape of my life at 40.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

I feel great and I’m in the best shape of my life at 40.

modest diet and exercise own. a few years back i did some regular weight exercises and pull-ups and my back and shoulders were great. even out of shape I still have some added muscle all from basically using a pull-up bar every time i walked into my den