Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

flatluigi posted:

doesn't sag-aftra notoriously turn down wrestlers often

I know quite a few of them did acting gigs specifically to get their SAG card. Mick Foley did that ICP movie to get one and get that sweet sweet healthcare.

holy loving lol if Vince shitcanning Zelina gets SAG to welcome all wrestlers and he gets hoisted by his own petard

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Does acting in a WWE Studios movie get you an SAG card?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

BrigadierSensible posted:

Does acting in a WWE Studios movie get you an SAG card?

WWE Films was literally created as a scab studio so lol no

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Was Foley’s SAG card obtained via the ICP movie? I always thought it was the Chef Boyardee commercials.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Rhonne posted:

Do you think Vince ever watches other wrestling shows, sees all the different styles out there, and thinks to himself: "what is this poo poo!?"

Miro gave a big speech on his twitch channel shortly after he joined AEW. And he framed as having had a huge epiphany. And what it was, was that he watched the matches go down at AEW and all these people were wrestling different styles, but it was all cool and different. And so he realized that it was like martial arts or MMA, that people could compete in pro wrestling with different styles and have it all work together and be interesting.

I don't think he was bullshitting or joking, he seemed very earnest about it and like he had figured out this mindblowing thing that everyone should be interested to hear. After being in WWE for so long and everyone always working the exact same, it was this huge amazing thing to him that people COULD ACTUALLY WORK DIFFERENT STYLES.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
It’s like Michael Cole always says, “style makes fight.”

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
So considering there's been no summaries for the last couple of shows has something happened to J-Ru? :ohdear:

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I’d imagine the previous hate from SAG is less about wrestlers in general and more about them sniping roles to get benefits. If they’re unionizing as a whole, I can’t see why they’d care since they’re not taking anything away from working actors in that regard.

Either way, the 90210 lady unionizing wrestlers would probably make Big Dave the happiest human on earth.

I can already hear Bryan trying to ask legitimate unionizing questions to her on WOR while Dave just tries to get 90210 gossip from her.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Vince McMahon doesn't know anything about pro wrestling. The only reason he was ever successful at all is because for a time in the late 90s and early 00s, culture was so rotten and hateful and "edgy" as western society's worst people fought back against political correctness, it was an over correction that lead to all sorts of ghastly, brain dead, and frankly evil cultural ideas becoming super popular and raising an entire generation of children on misogyny, racism, violence, and stupidity. Vince is the embodiment of that one moment in time where it happened to coalesce when someone like him who was rich was able to exploit the drooling masses desire for hedonistic fuckery, punching down humor, and gratuitous, unpoetic and artless entertainment.

He has never and will never recover from culture waking up from this horrific period. He is an artless simpleton who had a rich father, that's it. He has only ever gotten ahead or been successful on the back of the world allowing evil men like him to do so, the WWE could have God themself come down and mandate that Vince McMahon will produce a good wrestling show and he would still be unable to do so, every cell in his body is manifesting itself solely to create something bad that hates the audience.

I pray to god the 30 or so people I really enjoy and care about there get better opportunities as soon as possible.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Rarity posted:

So considering there's been no summaries for the last couple of shows has something happened to J-Ru? :ohdear:

Restholds and Slapjack.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Eat My Fuc posted:

God themself

Heh, who did they ever beat?

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Rarity posted:

Heh, who did they ever beat?

I can think of one person who did the Job

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Lamuella posted:

Very good

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Lamuella posted:

Hoo boy

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
WWE style is very bland and simple, punches and kicks, rule of three, work an arm or a leg. The McDonald's hamburger of Pro Wrestling. It also used to be a lot more strictly enforced. Any deviation from that back in the day and someone like Undertaker or JBL would say you didn't know how to work and that would be it for your career in WWE, although it was usually just a way to bury competition. Still is if you've ever seen the clip of Lacey Evans bury Sammy Guevara for not knowing how to work.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

My favourite was HHH saying after wrestling Benoit’s debut that he “could be carried” to a decent match lmao

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

jesus WEP posted:

My favourite was HHH saying after wrestling Benoit’s debut that he “could be carried” to a decent match lmao

https://twitter.com/megatjp/status/1286947583194144770?s=21

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

TJP was the straight C- kid who thought he was smarter than everyone because he bought a Nietzsche book (and made it approx 2 paragraphs in)

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

jesus WEP posted:

TJP was the straight C- kid who thought he was smarter than everyone because he bought a Nietzsche book (and made it approx 2 paragraphs in)

TJP literally said he studied philosophy by reading the Wikipedia articles for famous philosophers

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

Eat My Fuc posted:

Vince McMahon doesn't know anything about pro wrestling. The only reason he was ever successful at all is because for a time in the late 90s and early 00s, culture was so rotten and hateful and "edgy" as western society's worst people fought back against political correctness, it was an over correction that lead to all sorts of ghastly, brain dead, and frankly evil cultural ideas becoming super popular and raising an entire generation of children on misogyny, racism, violence, and stupidity. Vince is the embodiment of that one moment in time where it happened to coalesce when someone like him who was rich was able to exploit the drooling masses desire for hedonistic fuckery, punching down humor, and gratuitous, unpoetic and artless entertainment.

He has never and will never recover from culture waking up from this horrific period. He is an artless simpleton who had a rich father, that's it. He has only ever gotten ahead or been successful on the back of the world allowing evil men like him to do so, the WWE could have God themself come down and mandate that Vince McMahon will produce a good wrestling show and he would still be unable to do so, every cell in his body is manifesting itself solely to create something bad that hates the audience.

I pray to god the 30 or so people I really enjoy and care about there get better opportunities as soon as possible.

Don't Post Puro Here > WWE Discussion for November: Hedonistic fuckery, punching down humour, and gratuitous, unpoetric and artless enterrtainment

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Gonzo McFee posted:

Still is if you've ever seen the clip of Lacey Evans bury Sammy Guevara for not knowing how to work.

Hold up

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weLK5kEODW4

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
WWE got a green as goose poo poo marine to yell at people far more experienced than her to break their bodies for literally no reason.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
And then people unironically are surprised that WWE is unable to make new stars.

Cerebral Bore fucked around with this message at 12:38 on Nov 14, 2020

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Apparently, Chelsea Green’s arm or wrist break last night is bad enough that she is going into surgery this morning. That’s rough, first appearance in like six months and she gets a significant injury. I don’t watch Smackdown any more, what the hell happened?

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
It was supposed to get smackedUp

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
TJP is a loudmouth moron but he is also a pretty great wrestler so he's probably not lying there.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://wrestlingnews.co/wwe-news/aleister-black-reportedly-has-asked-wwe-to-send-him-back-to-nxt/amp/

Tommy wants out (of the main roster)

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

MJeff posted:

TJP is a loudmouth moron but he is also a pretty great wrestler so he's probably not lying there.

https://mobile.twitter.com/MegaTJP/status/1286882548354650112

https://mobile.twitter.com/MegaTJP/status/1286958120015507456

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I agree, that is an excellent example of the first half of my post. Thanks for agreeing with me, Lid. :)

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Thats the same thread.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
It sure is!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

God I hope he gets out. Ridiculous that WWE has this guy on the payroll and isn't featuring him in a major role. In a related note remember how no show ever bothered to draft Andrade and he hasn't been seen since?

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Gonzo McFee posted:

WWE got a green as goose poo poo marine to yell at people far more experienced than her to break their bodies for literally no reason.

The reason is to break them down so they accept their place in the cult. To insure they are Just Happy To Be Here.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Rarity posted:

God I hope he gets out. Ridiculous that WWE has this guy on the payroll and isn't featuring him in a major role. In a related note remember how no show ever bothered to draft Andrade and he hasn't been seen since?

He was so cool in NXT and even when I was still periodically checking in on the main roster they were already making him a huge dork. It sounds like that only got worse.

Hopefully he can get out and successfully rehab himself.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
NXT definitely missed Black's peak and honestly kinda ruined him before the main roster did by sacrificing him to that neverending DIY storyline, but it's so stark how he was presented as something different and unique and dangerous in NXT and just how badly they've mulched him on the main roster.

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
Aleister Black's theme was very good and now it's not good.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

*creaaaaaak*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Main Roster Aleister Black was hosed from the get go because they already have The Fiend/ Bray Wyatt. How could they possibly have another wrestler who talks vaguely metaphysical goth gibberish, turning Black into just another dude was the only way.