Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven

apostateCourier posted:

Ignoring posts that don't fit your narrative is scummy.

I agree with this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.

Idle Amalgam posted:

I agree with this

I don't agree that I'm ignoring posts. My primary read on AC comes from the fact that they immediately pressed for more information about a claim early in the day. My secondary reason for thinking them scum is that their most recent jump onto the Rarity vote, one of the two vote leaders, with a case that is...meh. Yes, I'm not talking about other posts, but that's simply because they don't make me think they are or aren't scum.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Amnistar posted:

I don't agree that I'm ignoring posts. My primary read on AC comes from the fact that they immediately pressed for more information about a claim early in the day. My secondary reason for thinking them scum is that their most recent jump onto the Rarity vote, one of the two vote leaders, with a case that is...meh. Yes, I'm not talking about other posts, but that's simply because they don't make me think they are or aren't scum.

you still won't say why pressing for information is bad??

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

apostateCourier posted:

you still won't say why pressing for information is bad??

...Scum want to know who to kill?

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

and town wants to know things so they can figure out who the scum are!!

saying that there are people you will never vote for is already giving something away from the perspective you're presenting, damage done, but poking at the person making hard statements like that seemed like the best way to enter seriousphase like I've already said.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Holy poo poo! I am playing in a big game and I have 3 scum reads, this is not normal for me.
Give me a sec to compile them, because I caught up to the thread on my phone and there is no way I am writing finding quotes on my phone.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Grandicap posted:

Holy poo poo! I am playing in a big game and I have 3 scum reads, this is not normal for me.
Give me a sec to compile them, because I caught up to the thread on my phone and there is no way I am writing finding quotes on my phone.

remember to make sure at least one of them is actually on your scum team!

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

First is IA

Idle Amalgam posted:

I suck up to no one.

I just like how you came at rarity.

Also we aren't THAT diametrically opposed.

This is AA Restored. A new man, a new meta.

My insanity is the only thing that hasn't changed.

Idle Amalgam posted:

Meta is still hogwash tho and you all should be ashamed of yourselves for indulging this much meta based suspicion so far.

*clucks tongue*

Idle Amalgam posted:

Lmao drat you, nemesis. All I'm saying is... it's gross.

The reaction to the light suspicion dropped D1 on them really feels like scum who feel like they have been caught for the wrong reason. The incredulity, the pride, it's like a villainous monologue. This is definitely a tone read more than a content read, but I feel the dispassionate rage flowing off of these posts. Adding in the Lmao at the end doesn't cover it up.

Would vote.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Amnistar posted:

I usually do :)

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Second is AC

apostateCourier posted:

Rarity's reaching on Hal and the double down is weird. You aren't reading posts, grandi's not reading posts. Those last two are less damning on D1 considering it's D1, but goddamn it's annoying.

Lots of meta commentary flying over my head. I've been trying to ignore it.

This is such shade for no goddamn reason. I didn't read posts before I entered the game, I am actively reading all posts past my entry into the thread. Seeing that many unread posts while not being in the game for less than 24 hours is disheartening. But this isn't a defense of my choice, it's the back handed reference to an event that has long since past and been rectified. It's the restoking of suspicion on me for reasons. This post is oozing with scum-mind. The calling out Keane is weird too. This response is to:

CCKeane posted:

Gimme your takes, I'm saying.

The vitriol doesn't seem warrented.
Alice: "Hey, what do you think about this situation?"
Bob: "gently caress off, why weren't you listening when I thought about things before?"

The Rarity take has legs, I think Rarity's Hal vote is based on bad reasoning, but I don't feel like it is coming from a bad place. Has legs might be a bad turn of phrase, but I don't this AC is scummy for thinking it is the better phrasing, maybe?

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Third is Bif. And this is entirely a self-meta thing... I think. Or maybe just regular meta. But I usually find myself agreeing with Bif's train of though, or at least following it and believing it is genuine. This Bif doesn't feel like that.
It's kind of like when people say "I think it's Grandi, I don't know why, but I just feel something off", which people usually say when I'm scum then never actually vote me. But that's the feeling I'm getting from Bif. A strong scum game so you have to look for the ripples under the water.

Obviously the weakest of the reads, but it kind of has to be because Bif wouldn't make any of the classic blunders like getting involved in a land war in Asia...

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

So, of those, I'm going to ##vote Idle Amalgam

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Amnistar posted:

Amni has been generally making snipey posts like this. I think Amni thinks his meta is to think I'm scum regardless of the game, so he's leaning in to what he thinks his meta is. I don't think he's actually suspicious of me, just feigning it. Would vote there too.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Grandicap posted:

Amni has been generally making snipey posts like this. I think Amni thinks his meta is to think I'm scum regardless of the game, so he's leaning in to what he thinks his meta is. I don't think he's actually suspicious of me, just feigning it. Would vote there too.

...my meta is to think *you're* scum?

This is a callback to your first post being "holy poo poo a lot of post" which has proven highly effective scum-tell in SA mafia games.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

So far I *always* think...Pmush, SNG, Grandi, Sandwolf....who else is on my "i always think their scum" list?

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Amnistar posted:

...my meta is to think *you're* scum?

This is a callback to your first post being "holy poo poo a lot of post" which has proven highly effective scum-tell in SA mafia games.

Yes, I do think that. And my first post was holy poo poo a lot of posts because there were a lot of posts.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Grandicap posted:

Yes, I do think that. And my first post was holy poo poo a lot of posts because there were a lot of posts.

Sure, which is a thing that scum do a lot. Hence my throwing shade at you!

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Amnistar posted:

So far I *always* think...Pmush, SNG, Grandi, Sandwolf....who else is on my "i always think their scum" list?

Well, you have a whole barn full of reads, that could be the scum team.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Amnistar posted:

Sure, which is a thing that scum do a lot. Hence my throwing shade at you!

I cannot make a reasoned argument against that. So let me instead break out the forbidden emojis.

:rolleyes: :shrug:

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Grandicap posted:

I cannot make a reasoned argument against that. So let me instead break out the forbidden emojis.

:rolleyes: :shrug:

DOUBLE SCUM!

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven

Grandicap posted:

First is IA

The reaction to the light suspicion dropped D1 on them really feels like scum who feel like they have been caught for the wrong reason. The incredulity, the pride, it's like a villainous monologue. This is definitely a tone read more than a content read, but I feel the dispassionate rage flowing off of these posts. Adding in the Lmao at the end doesn't cover it up.

Would vote.

There is no dispassionate rage, but okay lol

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Idle Amalgam posted:

There is no dispassionate rage, but okay lol

Maybe I played it up a bit, but the incredulity and pride are definitely there.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Amnistar posted:

DOUBLE SCUM!

Oof, you have gotten me, hoisted by mine own petard.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I have not enjoyed this last page of posts

Mills and taste please return for my sanity

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Grandicap posted:

Oof, you have gotten me, hoisted by mine own petard.

Truly I am an idiot savant when it comes to D1!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Amnistar posted:

DOUBLE SCUM!

Except this post, this was a decent post

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Hal Incandenza posted:

I have not enjoyed this last page of posts

Mills and taste please return for my sanity

You should vote for scum-candidate AC.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Amnistar posted:

AC pressed for more information about "a claim"? This is a provocative turn of phrase, implying she's role fishing or something, when you seem to mean it in the more mundane sense. I thought she made a really straightforward "uh... why tho" reaction to an early D1 post that declared a lot of intentions for no discernable reason.

Not sure yet if Amni's pushing this too far as scum though. I've only played with AC a tiny bit but I came into this with a vague meta memory of sympathising with their plight when they were wrongly suspected, and that might be coloring things where I read more towniness into her posts than others naturally will.

Grandicap posted:

Third is Bif. And this is entirely a self-meta thing... I think. Or maybe just regular meta. But I usually find myself agreeing with Bif's train of though, or at least following it and believing it is genuine. This Bif doesn't feel like that.
It's kind of like when people say "I think it's Grandi, I don't know why, but I just feel something off", which people usually say when I'm scum then never actually vote me. But that's the feeling I'm getting from Bif. A strong scum game so you have to look for the ripples under the water.

Obviously the weakest of the reads, but it kind of has to be because Bif wouldn't make any of the classic blunders like getting involved in a land war in Asia...

Lol you wrote all this just to vote who I'm votin so you must agree with my train of thought enough. I'm watchin you bud

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
Eh, I don't see AC as scum rn.

The hal questioning post IS a bit awkward but I seriously doubt someone's gonna lie about a learning disorder just for the sake of a mafia game.

Other than that I don't think AC is really trying to convince amni of anything like claimed. Plus AC's push on Rarity seems genuine.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Also Rarity's posting is bad, especially this one:

Rarity posted:

##vote Hal

He just admitted his posting is for show and not because he cares about finding scum

This is forced as all hell, even if it weren't day 1.

##vote Rarity

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

##vote rar as well

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Would also vote Amnistar, actually.

I refuse to believe that they wouldn't notice this, and pushing AC seems even more suspect to me.

Amni, give me an opinion of Rarity that's independent of AC's push on them, please.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I've been taking a while to come around on Rarity cause that point against Hal was so bad, it just reminded me of how annoyed I was in a recent game when I was scum against her as town, and her reason for correctly voting me was nearly as bad.

But in that game, she was also a really active bulldog town posting enough to make good points too. Here she's rattling off junk like "Squiggly's being objectively annoying and anti-town" and "Chic is lurking this is bad", stuff that isn't nuanced or actually noticing anything insightful, stuff that can't really be argued with.

Also I noticed she had the last post in Let's Play Danganronpa, time stamped a half hour ago but she still hasn't posted here :v:

##vote Rarity

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Hi hello it’s me slord

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

In unrelated news, I just ran head first into a cabinet because we moved it and it's right around the corner of my room

OW.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Yami Fenrir posted:

Eh, I don't see AC as scum rn.

The hal questioning post IS a bit awkward but I seriously doubt someone's gonna lie about a learning disorder just for the sake of a mafia game.

Other than that I don't think AC is really trying to convince amni of anything like claimed. Plus AC's push on Rarity seems genuine.

without rereading the thread my opinion of Rarity is:

I don't know I haven't read anything they've posted.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

More specifically, it's a 24 person game and trying to keep up with everything means that I'm keeping up with no one, so I'm skimming right now and paying attention to people that jump out at me. Rarity has not jumped out at me so I have no current opinion, will go reread since you asked though Yami.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Amnistar posted:

without rereading the thread my opinion of Rarity is:

I don't know I haven't read anything they've posted.

Lol what

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

Amnistar posted:

Pressing is a scum move.

Amnistar posted:

But yes, most accurate day 1 scum tell is complaining about number of posts. 40% of the time it works every time.

Amnistar posted:

I beleive you wanted to know if they were being serious or not. I beleive that having that position on day 1 is inherently scummy.

Amnistar posted:

It's also the biggest scum tell you can find, especially on day one.

Take it easy, Robespierre

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Amnistar posted:

More specifically, it's a 24 person game and trying to keep up with everything means that I'm keeping up with no one, so I'm skimming right now and paying attention to people that jump out at me. Rarity has not jumped out at me so I have no current opinion, will go reread since you asked though Yami.

Lots of people have interacted with her though and mentioned that Hal vote in particular, how does this happen