Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

V happy with where my vote is atm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

Amnistar posted:

without rereading the thread my opinion of Rarity is:

I don't know I haven't read anything they've posted.

But you're throwing Shade at AC over voting them?

I don't like that whatsoever.

You know what that says to me?

That you don't even try to discern AC's motives behind voting them.

Really looking more and more like scum amni here.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Yami Fenrir posted:

I don't like that whatsoever.

You know what that says to me?

That you don't even try to discern AC's motives behind voting them.

Really looking more and more like scum amni here.

I just looked over his posts to see if I could catch him reacting to Rarity indirectly, by reacting to something like my bigass post replying to her, but came up short..

Cause dude is like laser focused on just the AC thing, goddamn. Would vote.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Rarity (6): Gumball Gumption, Idle Amalgam, Idle Amalgam, Idle Amalgam, Mills, apostateCourier, apostateCourier, Yami Fenrir, t a s t e, Bifauxnen
Squiggly (3): Hal Incandenza, apostateCourier, Yami Fenrir, Rhjamiz, Mr. Steak, apostateCourier, Yami Fenrir
apostateCourier (2): Amnistar, Mr. Steak, Amnistar, Amnistar, Mr. Steak, Sandwolf
Amnistar (1): Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, apostateCourier
t a s t e (1): Referee
Yami Fenrir (1): SalTheBard, Bifauxnen, Yami Fenrir, Bifauxnen, Yami Fenrir
Bifauxnen (1): flerp
Hal Incandenza (1): Grandicap, Rarity, Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, Grandicap
Idle Amalgam (1): Bifauxnen, Grandicap, Bifauxnen
Mr. Steak (1): Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, sandnavyguy
CCKeane (1): Rarity, b-minus1, Rarity
SalTheBard (1): chaoslord
Mills (1): DGK2000
chaoslord (0): Referee, Referee
Grandicap (0): apostateCourier, Amnistar, Amnistar, Rarity, Rarity, apostateCourier

Not Voting (5): CCKeane, Ceyton, Chic Trombone, IcePhoenix, Squiggly

With 26 alive, it's 14 votes to execute. The current deadline is November 14th, 2020 at 11:30 p.m. EST -- that's in about 12 hours, 7 minutes.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.

Yami Fenrir posted:

Not because they voted rarity, but because they voted for the vote leader based on "new" posts, in an attempt to differentiate themselves from others which is a thing scum do to make it seem like they're not bandwagoning.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven

Grandicap posted:

Maybe I played it up a bit, but the incredulity and pride are definitely there.

I thought we had some rapport, grandy paps, egotistical incredulity is kinda my wheelhouse.

In any case, I stand by initial suspicion of Rarity and am starting to feel gross about amni and grandi

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

yea, reread the thread, still nothing about rarity tyhat jumps out at me as scum.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Amnistar posted:

yea, reread the thread, still nothing about rarity tyhat jumps out at me as scum.

mafia edit: reread rarity's posts.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Amnistar posted:

Not because they voted rarity, but because they voted for the vote leader based on "new" posts, in an attempt to differentiate themselves from others which is a thing scum do to make it seem like they're not bandwagoning.

Yeah except you're apparently not even acknowledging anything in the post, other than that the target's conveniently a vote leader mate.

Also known as cherrypicking.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Idle Amalgam posted:

we aren't THAT diametrically opposed.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven

Is this you realizing that we are of one mind, sound in judgment, and belief?

Because if so... good.

I think Amni is trying to force this suspicion on AC.

Even if rarity x hal looks eyepop bad to me, Amni's insistence on AC seems overdone.

##vote amni

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

*shrug* I'm town, pretty sure that AC is scum.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Amnistar posted:

remember to make sure at least one of them is actually on your scum team!

Quoting this cause it'd be so hilarious if this is scum distancing banter, wish I could be bothered to find whichever game Amni made the "you would totally say this as scum just to be smug later" argument against Sci so I could quote that too

Idle Amalgam posted:

Is this you realizing that we are of one mind, sound in judgment, and belief?

Because if so... good.

I think Amni is trying to force this suspicion on AC.

Even if rarity x hal looks eyepop bad to me, Amni's insistence on AC seems overdone.

##vote amni

Yeah. I don't like Grandi's push on you, compounded further by the fact he was pushing you in agreeance with me, while shading me for the fact he can't agree with my way of thinking!

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

My current thoughts on the matter is that Amni is overextending in an attempt to protect a scumbro, which is exactly what he did in the last game I modded.

I think I'd still rather prefer a Rarity lunch because that hal push stinks something fierce and technically there is a chance that Amni's just tunneling, my gut says otherwise though.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Bifauxnen posted:

Quoting this cause it'd be so hilarious if this is scum distancing banter, wish I could be bothered to find whichever game Amni made the "you would totally say this as scum just to be smug later" argument against Sci so I could quote that too

I generally do gambits as scum, not smug callouts :).

And yes, that would, indeed, be dramatic irony.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Yeah I'm feeling a whole Rarity/Amni/Grandi probability cloud rn

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Yami Fenrir posted:

My current thoughts on the matter is that Amni is overextending in an attempt to protect a scumbro, which is exactly what he did in the last game I modded.

I think I'd still rather prefer a Rarity lunch because that hal push stinks something fierce and technically there is a chance that Amni's just tunneling, my gut says otherwise though.

Bah, nothing alike. That was the deciding point of the game, not day 1.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Bifauxnen posted:

I think "I don't remember Rarity" is very fake sounding despite the size of the game, rarity has been around every major thing to happen (is so much as major stuff happens D1)

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Amnistar posted:

Bah, nothing alike. That was the deciding point of the game, not day 1.

:shrug: It feels the same to me.

Oh, I also just thought of something funny.

Amnistar posted:

Scum are, in general, very concerned with trying to convince their *accusers* that they are wrong about finding scum. Town are more concerned with finding scum. Complaining that I'm not interacting with your defense further cements your alignment as scum.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Hal Incandenza posted:

I think "I don't remember Rarity" is very fake sounding despite the size of the game, rarity has been around every major thing to happen (is so much as major stuff happens D1)

Saaaaaame

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

That second quote sure seems a lot what Amni is doing rn. :v:

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Yea, fair. I just dislike that statement because over-extending for scum isn't something I do frequently at all, which is frustrating.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Hal Incandenza posted:

And yet, it is a true statement!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Rarity posted:

Six posts in a row and not a single read in any of them, would vote

has anyone posted about how they don't like this post yet? I don't like this post.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Amnistar posted:

Please vote for scum player ApostateCourier.

And note their move to a vote leader because "recent activity".

Squiggly is potential scum because of their unvote.

regarding the current conversation as well this seems like a weird seed to try and plant a backup plan to get people to put votes on someone who's been annoying enough for people to vote them out but is unfortunately probably town because of said annoyance

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

IcePhoenix posted:

has anyone posted about how they don't like this post yet? I don't like this post.

Add it to the "Rarity is scummy" list.

Also more reason that Amni doesn't find anything wrong with Rarity is downright bizarre.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Grandicap posted:

Second is AC

This is such shade for no goddamn reason. I didn't read posts before I entered the game, I am actively reading all posts past my entry into the thread. Seeing that many unread posts while not being in the game for less than 24 hours is disheartening. But this isn't a defense of my choice, it's the back handed reference to an event that has long since past and been rectified. It's the restoking of suspicion on me for reasons. This post is oozing with scum-mind. The calling out Keane is weird too. This response is to:

The vitriol doesn't seem warrented.
Alice: "Hey, what do you think about this situation?"
Bob: "gently caress off, why weren't you listening when I thought about things before?"

The Rarity take has legs, I think Rarity's Hal vote is based on bad reasoning, but I don't feel like it is coming from a bad place. Has legs might be a bad turn of phrase, but I don't this AC is scummy for thinking it is the better phrasing, maybe?

what vitriol? Where did I say anything about Keane?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

IcePhoenix posted:

Why yes, AC did and it was a very well-made point

apostateCourier posted:

Rarity's recent posting has a real "uh oh pressure is on better make content happen" vibe. 6 posts without a read on D1 isn't as damning as you want it to be and dropping six quotes in one post makes it look like you're doing way more work than you are.

##vote Rarity

Those six posts in a row were literally all in a row, pretty naturally flowing as one conversational moment, so saying "wow six posts without a read" seems pretty forced

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Hal Incandenza posted:

Agreed

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

IcePhoenix posted:

regarding the current conversation as well this seems like a weird seed to try and plant a backup plan to get people to put votes on someone who's been annoying enough for people to vote them out but is unfortunately probably town because of said annoyance

Naw, it's drawing connections. I.E. if AC is scum, then unvoting Squiggly makes me suspicious of Squiggly.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Bifauxnen posted:

I would add ac to that group as well

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

b-minus1 posted:

Yes. Let the hate flow through you!

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

apostateCourier posted:

Are you asking because you are unsure yourself or...?

is this the "vitriol?"

apostateCourier posted:

yea, I ask a bunch of seemingly inane questions because I have nonverbal learning disorder which means implied meanings often slide right by me

I misinterpreted the second post as adding a question:

CCKeane posted:

Maybe you already said, but I either cannot or will not read threads, and I'll leave it to you dear reader to figure out which it is stop writing post, post to thread, play M*A*S*H theme on repeat.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

b-minus1 posted:

Why's that?

Two of those are are hard pushing AC.

Idgi.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

b-minus1 posted:

That seems really weird but whatever, pencil her in at the bottom of your list and if we never get around to it cool

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Yami Fenrir posted:

Why's that?

Two of those are are hard opposed to AC.

Idgi.

maf edit.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Amnistar posted:

Naw, it's drawing connections. I.E. if AC is scum, then unvoting Squiggly makes me suspicious of Squiggly.

That's fine but also doesn't really invalidate my point at all

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

I was literally only voting for squiggly because of the disruptive PR, which I made very clear. They took steps to unfuck their PR, so I unvoted. That's... that's it. You're reaching.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

IcePhoenix posted:

That's fine but also doesn't really invalidate my point at all

If it's not a back-up plan then yes, it completely invalidates your point?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Rude to vote Rarity when it's her first game.