Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Amnistar posted:

If it's not a back-up plan then yes, it completely invalidates your point?

if it's not a backup plan why isn't your vote on him?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

Amnistar posted:

And yet, it is a true statement!

I'm having a hard time believing you could gloss over Rarity's posts like that. Especially given how active you've been.

And you have some pretty strong opinions for someone who's not reading the thread.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

CCKeane posted:

Rude to vote Rarity when it's her first game.

:colbert:

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

##vote amni

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.

IcePhoenix posted:

if it's not a backup plan why isn't your vote on him?

it's step 2 in the plan after AC flips scum? That's how connections work. If AC doesn't flip scum, or we don't flip AC, I'm not going to push for Squiggly's flip before ACs. Squiggly being scum is built upon AC being scum, and unvoting the bus vote they put on them.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Ceyton posted:

I'm having a hard time believing you could gloss over Rarity's posts like that. Especially given how active you've been.

And you have some pretty strong opinions for someone who's not reading the thread.

Way to misrepresent my stance entirely! Ceyton is probably scum here as well.

I am reading the thread, I'm just not actively reading and remembering everything because there is a poo poo ton of people posting, so I'm engaging where I think it makes sense and not registering for long term recall things that don't.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Amnistar posted:

I am reading the thread, I'm just not actively reading and remembering everything because there is a poo poo ton of people posting, so I'm engaging where I think it makes sense and not registering for long term recall things that don't.

So... deciding that tunnel vision is the way to go, huh?

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Amnistar posted:

it's step 2 in the plan after AC flips scum? That's how connections work. If AC doesn't flip scum, or we don't flip AC, I'm not going to push for Squiggly's flip before ACs. Squiggly being scum is built upon AC being scum, and unvoting the bus vote they put on them.

This is also, incidently, and incredibly tenious read on squiggly, not a sure-fire lock like AC is.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

apostateCourier posted:

So... deciding that tunnel vision is the way to go, huh?

There is not a big enough eye roll emoji to respond to this post.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Amnistar posted:

I think Ceyton's point here is very fair actually, but... I will keep this in mind, cause if you're town after all this could be an attempt to tip things off Rarity onto you. I'm getting a little nervous that this could be happening.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Bifauxnen posted:

I think Ceyton's point here is very fair actually, but... I will keep this in mind, cause if you're town after all this could be an attempt to tip things off Rarity onto you. I'm getting a little nervous that this could be happening.

It's more timing than anything else. Lots of people have said they are suspicious of me at this point, so plopping down a vote makes it *look* like you're not joining a bandwagon.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

I don't understand where Amni's "Lunch Apostate at all costs" stance comes from, AC's post history has a few odd things early on but it really doesn't support a tunnel this hard at all.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Yami Fenrir posted:

I don't understand where Amni's "Lunch Apostate at all costs" stance comes from, AC's post history has a few odd things early on but it really doesn't support a tunnel this hard at all.

Because I have found the scum. Amni's Day 1 scum radar is strong.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Amnistar posted:

Grandi is also scum.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Amnistar posted:

There is not a big enough eye roll emoji to respond to this post.

apostateCourier posted:

yea, I ask a bunch of seemingly inane questions because I have nonverbal learning disorder which means implied meanings often slide right by me

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

...well poo poo I missed that post and now I feel like a heel.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

gonna keep quoting that til it sinks in, questions are genuine unless sarcasm tagged

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Amnistar posted:

Yeah, not helping. Explain properly.

Honestly at this point I'm feeling like this is off Amni's usual game that they might even be a jester or executioner or something. Not that that's going to stop me from voting them, but their posting is just that strange to me rn.

Would there be a flavor that'd fit for something like that in the game?

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

Amnistar posted:

One of the pillars of your case on AC is that she moved her vote to Rarity, who as you say, was one of the vote leaders at the time.

You don't feel the vote leader is worth thinking about?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Amnistar posted:

...well poo poo I missed that post and now I feel like a heel.

Missing Rarity's posts was hard enough to believe, now you want us to believe you weren't poring over every one of AC's posts for more evidence to show everyone how scummy she is?!

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

##unvote

If AC does turn out to be scum I'm gonna be super upset but I'm also going to step away from the thread for a bit because...yea...gently caress.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Bifauxnen posted:

Missing Rarity's posts was hard enough to believe, now you want us to believe you weren't poring over every one of AC's posts for more evidence to show everyone how scummy she is?!

Like I said previously, it's fairly apparent that Amni's not reading AC's posts all that much. They probably just saw that early post and thought "Cool, somebody we can mislunch!".

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

Oh yeah, and it's a lovely argument anyway, since AC's vote was originally on the other leader (Squiggs).

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Amnistar posted:

##unvote

If AC does turn out to be scum I'm gonna be super upset but

I presume it's still true even if she is scum.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Yami Fenrir posted:

Yeah, not helping. Explain properly.

Honestly at this point I'm feeling like this is off Amni's usual game that they might even be a jester or executioner or something. Not that that's going to stop me from voting them, but their posting is just that strange to me rn.

Would there be a flavor that'd fit for something like that in the game?

the literal jesters in the game would probably fit the flavor yeah

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Yami Fenrir posted:

Like I said previously, it's fairly apparent that Amni's not reading AC's posts all that much. They probably just saw that early post and thought "Cool, somebody we can mislunch!".

If you seriously think I would take advantage of a learning disability to win a forums game then you don't know me at all.

Bifauxnen posted:

I presume it's still true even if she is scum.

Sure, but then I would expect them not to bring it up when someone is thinking their scum because of their posting.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Amnistar posted:

If you seriously think I would take advantage of a learning disability to win a forums game then you don't know me at all.

Sure, but then I would expect them not to bring it up when someone is thinking their scum because of their posting.

It's not "taking advantage" to inform people of a major real thing that colours how people will perceive everything you post

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Amnistar posted:

In the interest of clarity I try to bring that up early on in games with new people, just to sidestep the whole "why are you asking questions about things that are obvious" problem

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

"new people" as in new to me

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Bifauxnen posted:

It's not "taking advantage" to inform people of a major real thing that colours how people will perceive everything you post

Yami's post implies I think it would be "easy" to get AC executed because they have a learning disability. That is a line I'm unwilling to cross when it comes to forum games.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
One day I'll get through a D1 without getting a whole bunch of votes. One day :(

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Amnistar posted:

Oh I think a misunderstanding is happening! I think they meant the early thing you called me scummy for. The Hal thing. The not voting for people thing.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

apostateCourier posted:

Rarity's recent posting has a real "uh oh pressure is on better make content happen" vibe

It's a natural reaction to the game opening up as more people post and reads develop

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

apostateCourier posted:

In the interest of clarity I try to bring that up early on in games with new people, just to sidestep the whole "why are you asking questions about things that are obvious" problem

Fair enough. You did make the post significantly early in D1, I apologize for implying you would use it for your advantage.

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

Amnistar posted:

This is also, incidently, and incredibly tenious read on squiggly, not a sure-fire lock like AC is.

I also don't like how you've been making a lot of ultra-confident statements about AC being scum. It's pretty loving far from the slam dunk you think it is.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Amnistar posted:

Fair enough. You did make the post significantly early in D1, I apologize for implying you would use it for your advantage.

oh wait that iis what you were implying? Well uh apology accepted then. Still voting for you though.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Amnistar posted:

Yami's post implies I think it would be "easy" to get AC executed because they have a learning disability. That is a line I'm unwilling to cross when it comes to forum games.

I think Yami meant the early post, as in early game, the thing that first got you on her case way back when the game was first starting up, not the first time AC mentioned the learning disability thing. I don't think you'd do that either.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Holy poo poo Amni what is happening. There are scum scummy loving people in this game, Amni isn’t one of them. I’m nearly positive this is town Amni, I’m nearly positive AC is scum, and this is a big nasty plot to push against scum.

AC’s dropping of a learning disorder feels very hard like they’re looking for a way to get Amni off their back. AC’s ‘posting-frantically-six-times-in-a-row’ thing on Amni’s light pressure is so insanely scum_caught.mp4.

So let’s figure out who’s being scummy and pushing Amni.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

apostateCourier posted:

As for the rarity vote if you'd notice I also brought up her previous activities, which you happily omitted

Only posting about someone twice in the space of 10 minutes before voting isn't as strong a look as you think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

apostateCourier posted:

oh wait that iis what you were implying? Well uh apology accepted then. Still voting for you though.

Fair enough, I won't be voting for you unless something major happens.