Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

apostateCourier posted:

I'm so sorry for causing all this @_@ but yea amni's case is bad and the case was based on bad logic/sloppy reading to begin with as opposed to it being a nt reading of nd posts

Don't be sorry.

Both because it added a lot of content to d1 and because it's perfectly okay not to be nt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Sandwolf posted:

Yami I expect a loving apology if AC flips scum.

Nah.

Mainly because so far every push on AC has been bad and yours is no exception.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Y'know on reread the initial vote was based on mafia strategy I guess, which okay makes sense but everything past the initial vote is sus

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

Disorder or not, AC's posting seems to me like a normal reaction to someone strongly and repeatedly accusing you of being scum despite a flimsy case.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Ceyton posted:

Disorder or not, AC's posting seems to me like a normal reaction to someone strongly and repeatedly accusing you of being scum despite a flimsy case.

This.

Also thinking about it I should really just ##vote Amnistar.

My initial suspicion on Amni was based on Rarity but since then they've been scummy independently.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Ceyton posted:

Yep and did anyone else notice Rarity popping in to join the party there

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.
If you believe that I am scum and am pushing for AC to get people off of Rarity, then moving from Rarity to me is the opposite of a sensible move.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Bifauxnen posted:

Yep and did anyone else notice Rarity popping in to join the party there

Oh lol, I actually missed that.

... and it's a "AC bad, let's vote them" post.

... sigh.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Amnistar posted:

If you believe that I am scum and am pushing for AC to get people off of Rarity, then moving from Rarity to me is the opposite of a sensible move.

I want both of you dead.

The order is irrelevant to me rn.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Yami Fenrir posted:

I want both of you dead.

The order is irrelevant to me rn.

I believe this.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Amnistar posted:

I believe this.

Actually that's a lie.

I think you want me dead first, because you'll have an easier time of pushing for rarity to get lunched tommorrow when I flip town.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Gumball Gumption posted:

Why did the Amni defense cavalry ride in with gross defenses? ##vote sandwolf

This is your first non jokephase post and oh man it is a terrible one. “Amni defense cavalry” tells me you think amni is scum yet you voted sandwolf

Yeah I’m gonna ##vote gumball

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Amnistar posted:

Actually that's a lie.

I think you want me dead first, because you'll have an easier time of pushing for rarity to get lunched tommorrow when I flip town.

Whatever floats your boat man, I don't think I'll suddenly forget my scumread on you d2 if rarity were to die first.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

b-minus1 posted:

This is your first non jokephase post and oh man it is a terrible one. “Amni defense cavalry” tells me you think amni is scum yet you voted sandwolf

bee I'm still waiting on the clarification of this:

b-minus1 posted:

I would add ac to that group as well

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

b-minus1 posted:

They should make an emoji that combines psyduck and ironicat, they can call it psyronicat

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Bifauxnen posted:

They should make an emoji that combines psyduck and ironicat, they can call it psyronicat

I dig it.

Also a bit early to say so but I'm not going to be around at deadline, because TIMEZONES.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Yami Fenrir posted:

Whatever floats your boat man, I don't think I'll suddenly forget my scumread on you d2 if rarity were to die first.

assuming rarity dies and flips scum, sure. Since a big part of your case on me revolved around me being vocal against AC to get heat off of rarity. If rarity flips town though, it's a lot harder to get backing to kill me.

##vote GG

no response when I pressed for details, I feel the same thing as b-.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Yami Fenrir posted:

I dig it.

Also a bit early to say so but I'm not going to be around at deadline, because TIMEZONES.

I think while Amni still looks scummy, he has better odds than Rarity of turning out to be sincere after all. I'd rather vote Rarity today.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Amnistar posted:

assuming rarity dies and flips scum, sure. Since a big part of your case on me revolved around me being vocal against AC to get heat off of rarity. If rarity flips town though, it's a lot harder to get backing to kill me.

##vote GG

no response when I pressed for details, I feel the same thing as b-.

The early case was that. Since then you've proven that you didn't properly read the posts of the person you were pushing, so I feel a lot better about pushing you independently of rarity now.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Yami Fenrir posted:

bee I'm still waiting on the clarification of this:

Oh sorry I’m just skimming through the last few pages. I don’t really have a good reason other than they are all pushing each other.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Bifauxnen posted:

I think while Amni still looks scummy, he has better odds than Rarity of turning out to be sincere after all. I'd rather vote Rarity today.

Ehh... if amni is sincere I'd actually be kind of disappointed in them, honestly.

The whole thing about voting AC because they're voting a vote leader without caring whatsoever why AC voted rarity bothers me a lot.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Yami Fenrir posted:

Ehh... if amni is sincere I'd actually be kind of disappointed in them, honestly.

The whole thing about voting AC because they're voting a vote leader without caring whatsoever why AC voted rarity bothers me a lot.

Yeah and the fact that he didn't catch the learning disorder post till the third mention is pretty egregious, when he was allegedly focusing only on his pet case that he felt was worth following out of all the madness of a big game. He's still a good vote.

Amni just gives me more of the "argh gently caress what if this is wrong despite everything though" vibes

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Yami Fenrir posted:

To clarify, I think Amni is good at sussing out scum based on content.

But Amni's push was too strong based on how flimsy and badly informed the case was even if you take not reading the disorder thing into account.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Bifauxnen posted:

Yeah and the fact that he didn't catch the learning disorder post till the third mention is pretty egregious, when he was allegedly focusing only on his pet case that he felt was worth following out of all the madness of a big game. He's still a good vote.

Amni just gives me more of the "argh gently caress what if this is wrong despite everything though" vibes

Yeah, I feel ya.

I also feel like I'm explaining my thought process horribly, hopefully it's still clear what I'm trying to say here.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Yami Fenrir posted:

Yeah, I feel ya.

I also feel like I'm explaining my thought process horribly, hopefully it's still clear what I'm trying to say here.

It makes sense to me but let me rephrase to make sure. Amni isn't actually reading my posts because the reads he makes don't go into the why of what I am doing, yeah?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Yami Fenrir posted:

Is it "Even we ignore how scummy it was for Amni to miss that post, it was never a good case to begin with"?

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am out for the day, *might* be back for deadline but it's not likely.

So, gonna do this now because I won't get a chance to later. I'm Steiner, and I'm a bodyguard. Not a huge loss for town if I do get killed.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

apostateCourier posted:

It makes sense to me but let me rephrase to make sure. Amni isn't actually reading my posts because the reads he makes don't go into the why of what I am doing, yeah?

Bifauxnen posted:

Is it "Even we ignore how scummy it was for Amni to miss that post, it was never a good case to begin with"?

Yeah it's both of these. Well, for the latter I can see someone missing that post, but the rest... yeah.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Amnistar posted:

I am out for the day, *might* be back for deadline but it's not likely.

So, gonna do this now because I won't get a chance to later. I'm Steiner, and I'm a bodyguard. Not a huge loss for town if I do get killed.

Hoping Rarity fakeclaims Garnet cause she should be the one in the pickle

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Grandicap posted:

Holy poo poo! I am playing in a big game and I have 3 scum reads, this is not normal for me.

This and Grandi's following cases are not a good look imo. He calls one of Idle's posts "a villainous monologue" wtf? And then makes a point to call Bif scum in a post that's really just a bunch of waffle about meta. Also the fact Grandi precedes his cases with the above post acknowledging he is playing against his own meta strikes me to be very :siren: self-conscious :siren:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Grandicap posted:

I cannot make a reasoned argument against that. So let me instead break out the forbidden emojis.

:rolleyes: :shrug:

This post reads like Grandi knows he's been caught and doesn't have rebuttal

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Yami Fenrir posted:

This is forced as all hell, even if it weren't day 1.

You what? D1 is when cases are the most forced. I can't parse this at all.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Amnistar (4): Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, apostateCourier, Idle Amalgam, Ceyton, Yami Fenrir
Rarity (3): Gumball Gumption, Idle Amalgam, Idle Amalgam, Idle Amalgam, Mills, apostateCourier, apostateCourier, Yami Fenrir, t a s t e, Bifauxnen, Idle Amalgam, Gumball Gumption, Yami Fenrir
Squiggly (3): Hal Incandenza, apostateCourier, Yami Fenrir, Rhjamiz, Mr. Steak, apostateCourier, Yami Fenrir
Gumball Gumption (2): b-minus1, Amnistar
t a s t e (1): Referee
Yami Fenrir (1): SalTheBard, Bifauxnen, Yami Fenrir, Bifauxnen, Yami Fenrir
Bifauxnen (1): flerp
Hal Incandenza (1): Grandicap, Rarity, Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, Grandicap
Sandwolf (1): Gumball Gumption
Idle Amalgam (1): Bifauxnen, Grandicap, Bifauxnen
apostateCourier (1): Amnistar, Mr. Steak, Amnistar, Amnistar, Mr. Steak, Sandwolf, Amnistar
Mr. Steak (1): Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, sandnavyguy
SalTheBard (1): chaoslord
Mills (1): DGK2000
chaoslord (0): Referee, Referee
Grandicap (0): apostateCourier, Amnistar, Amnistar, Rarity, Rarity, apostateCourier
CCKeane (0): Rarity, b-minus1, Rarity, b-minus1

Not Voting (4): CCKeane, Chic Trombone, IcePhoenix, Squiggly

With 26 alive, it's 14 votes to execute. The current deadline is November 14th, 2020 at 11:30 p.m. EST -- that's in about 9 hours, 17 minutes.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Bifauxnen posted:

Also I noticed she had the last post in Let's Play Danganronpa, time stamped a half hour ago but she still hasn't posted here :v:

I was doing a bunch of chores this afternoon so I was saving this thread for when I had the chance to give it time :v:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Amnistar posted:

without rereading the thread my opinion of Rarity is:

I don't know I haven't read anything they've posted.

Rude :(

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Rarity posted:

You what? D1 is when cases are the most forced. I can't parse this at all.

Hi!

Thoughts on amni?

To answer your question, post padding is something happens pretty much literally every game, every game day, as every aligment. I refuse to believe that someone with as many games under their belt like you actually believes that as enough of a scumtell to vote someone.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Yami Fenrir posted:

But you're throwing Shade at AC over voting them?

I don't like that whatsoever.

You know what that says to me?

That you don't even try to discern AC's motives behind voting them.

Really looking more and more like scum amni here.

This is a good point

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
However:

Yami Fenrir posted:

My current thoughts on the matter is that Amni is overextending in an attempt to protect a scumbro, which is exactly what he did in the last game I modded.

Basing reads on unflipped alignments is bad mafia play and I will die on this hill :colbert:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Hal Incandenza posted:

I think "I don't remember Rarity" is very fake sounding despite the size of the game, rarity has been around every major thing to happen (is so much as major stuff happens D1)

I will begrudgingly admit this is a good point from Hal. At the very least my whole vote on Hal thing has been talked about loads and shouldn't have required a reread to have an opinion on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

CCKeane posted:

Rude to vote Rarity when it's her first game.

This is not the warm, welcoming community that I was promised Keane :(