Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Just leave it in the fridge and feed it once a week or two.

Snype: Talking about proper penguin care.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Outrail posted:

Just leave it in the fridge and feed it once a week or two.

Snype: Talking about proper penguin care.

I'm going to do that after I get it going. I obviously never make bread, I never even eat it much, so I'll probably forget about it and it'll die. I made soda bread once before and that actually turned out nicely. I didn't get buttermilk so I just soured some regular milk with lemon juice.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
Is there anyone who gets to quarantine anymore? Cases never really went down here but things have been on a gradually opening up trajectory after like 2 months in spring of a halfhearted shutdown.

We have unsurprisingly hit some record high rates recently. I can only imagine thanksgiving will spike It further. Even local schools are moving to a hybrid model where it’s like staggered in person classes alongside the distanced learning despite things being objectively worse than when the same schools initially made the decision to move to distance only.

ArbitraryC fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Nov 13, 2020

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

ArbitraryC posted:

Is there anyone who gets to quarantine anymore? Cases never really went down here but things have been on a gradually opening up trajectory after like 2 months in spring of a halfhearted shutdown.

We have unsurprisingly hit some record high rates recently. I can only imagine thanksgiving will spike It further. Even local schools are moving to a hybrid model where it’s like staggered in person classes alongside the distanced learning despite things being objectively worse than when the same schools initially made the decision to move to distance only.

Oh yes. I work for a school system and we have hundreds of kids and teachers quarantined.

And the school system is hurtling towards a shutdown (return to 100% online learning) very soon. With many schools already shut down due to no teachers or substitutes.

In other news: My kids and I have started studying for the technician license for HAM radio. It's just 35 questions (and you can do it online as long as you can set up a camera for them to watch you) and it's good for 10 years. We also found a radio for 30 bucks.

spacetoaster fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Nov 13, 2020

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I keep saying I'm going to get my amateur license but never study for it. I have the book and everything. I just have no discipline. That's really cool that you can do it online now.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I keep saying I'm going to get my amateur license but never study for it. I have the book and everything. I just have no discipline. That's really cool that you can do it online now.

Not only can you do it online, but you can get the entire list of possible questions (out of which they randomly pick 35).

We printed it out and highlighted everything.

naem
May 29, 2011

[bread again]

[/bread again]

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

After a full day of chores for me and WAH and going into the lab/production area for the Mrs, we ate a snacking dinner of nice cheeses and olives and bread, watched PBS Newshour while snuggling on the couch,(a Friday tradition with us) and now she's taking a bubble bath in our whirlpool tub and reading her book and I'm dippin' out to post after taking our two fat old hounds (70-80lb Plotts) out for their nightly duties. One of whom has collapsed behind my chair, the other is buried in a blanket in the guest bedroom.

Life COULD be worse.

Big Beef City fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Nov 14, 2020

naem
May 29, 2011

Big Beef City posted:

After a full day of chores for me and WAH and going into the lab/production area for the Mrs, we ate a snacking dinner of nice cheeses and olives and bread, watched PBS Newshour while snuggling on the couch,(a Friday tradition with us) and now she's taking a bubble bath in our whirlpool tub and reading her book and I'm dippin' out to post after taking our two fat old hounds (70-80lb Plotts) out for their nightly duties. One of whom has collapsed behind my chair, the other is buried in a blanket in the guest bedroom.

Life COULD be worse.

this isn’t the blessed thread

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Thick sliced 4.3kg of beef, dry rubbed and in the fridge for overnight cure before it becomes slow dried beef jerky over the next few weeks.

gently caress you, cows. You're gonna be delicious whether you like it or not.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
I ate a tamarind for the first time, just now. What the gently caress? How come none of you ever told me these gross looking pods are extremely delicious!!??

aardwolf
Apr 27, 2013

Another Bill posted:

I'm gonna waterproof my deck tomorrow. I cleaned it today and boy was it disgusting. I don't think it's ever been done.

Mozi posted:

for some reason i read that as dick

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6c4Nupnup0

PipHelix
Nov 11, 2017

ArbitraryC posted:

I was, bullshit-ily, declared essential so I haven't had a single day off work except for the one the day after the shelter at home order came down in march and I texted my boss should I come in, he said "I guess not", I show up around 1pm to grab my work computer and the place is humming because, apparently my boss's boss, since retired, got overruled by the ceo.

But fortunately I have close family nearby that takes this poo poo seriously so we've been able to bubble up and hang. Outside of protests I haven't had really any face-to-face socialization since march and don't intend to until this stuff is over. I run and I'm not looking to have my lungs perma-ruined.

Basically I went from the least possible amount of isolation in march to the most possible in November without changing anything. The numbers are hosed. I said when the governors were talking about their re-opening plans, it's just a feedback mechanism to keep a constant infection level between 2% - 7%. And wouldn't you know it. The number of people baking bread, brewing beer, and in my case both those and growing mushrooms, you think there'd be more bedrock understanding of how much work it is to fully sanitize a space.

Literally A Person posted:

I ate a tamarind for the first time, just now. What the gently caress? How come none of you ever told me these gross looking pods are extremely delicious!!??

You don't talk to many Mexicans or Thai people do you. They're cool right? Square seeds!

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

PipHelix posted:

You don't talk to many Mexicans or Thai people do you. They're cool right? Square seeds!

I am mexican :lol:. I've had lots of tasty things flavored with tamarind but have never just eaten a fresh pod. My life has been a sham.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Having symptoms, testing negative, and getting told it's fine to come back to work even though the policy is to stay out for 14 days from the onset of symptoms. Because the tests can't possibly be wrong.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Animal-Mother posted:

Having symptoms, testing negative, and getting told it's fine to come back to work even though the policy is to stay out for 14 days from the onset of symptoms. Because the tests can't possibly be wrong.

Did you get a rapid test? Some of the antigen tests are less accurate. Just test again imo

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Nope. Regular test. The only thing different this time was that they asked me to blow my nose first. This seemed a bad idea in such a small room, but they said it was part of the procedure now.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I dropped a bottle of Dr. Bronner's peppermint soap on the shower floor and it landed right side up, the lid broke off, and it shot a stream directly into my eye. It's been 20 minutes and it still burns like poo poo and is all blurry. Kinda worried here.

That's what I'm doing in quarantine right now. I actually started Couch 2 5k and showered afterwards. That'll teach me to shower again.

I always get eye damage somehow, which is the worst. I got laser surgery in maybe 2014 and I have permanent eye pain when I push on them. I scratched my cornea last year and had to go to the emergency room. Now this.

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Nov 14, 2020

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

I dropped a bottle of Dr. Bronner's peppermint soap on the shower floor and it landed right side up, the lid broke off, and it shot a stream directly into my eye. It's been 20 minutes and it still burns like poo poo and is all blurry. Kinda worried here.

That's what I'm doing in quarantine right now. I actually started Couch 2 5k and showered afterwards. That'll teach me to shower again.

I always get eye damage somehow, which is the worst. I got laser surgery in maybe 2014 and I have permanent eye pain when I push on them. I scratched my cornea last year and had to go to the emergency room. Now this.

Did you get laser surgery so you could read the tiny writing on the label?

“When we teach the Moral ABC all mankind is united brave-strong-just-free! For the future will be better when we are better; times will change when we change; conditions will improve when we improve if you & I cooperate by full truth to accomplish them!”
“We’re all sisters & brothers!”
“You & I, Here & Now, Today! Not them nor they! You & I Today!”
“1st: If I’m not for me, who am I? Nobody!”
“2nd: Yet if I’m only for me, what am I? Nothing!”
“3rd: If not now, when???!!!”
“Unite we must!”
“Have courage and smile, my friend. Think and act 10 years ahead!”
“Teach the Moral ABC that unites all mankind free, instantly 6 billion strong & we’re All-One.”
“Balanced food for body-mind-soul-spirit is our medicine!”
“Self-discipline the key to freedom.”
“Breathe deeply!”
“Repetition is the key to knowledge!”

"DONT SQUIRT INTO UR EYE! OKAY!"

isaboo fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Nov 14, 2020

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Well poo poo. Here's the Material Safety Data Sheet for Castile Soap.

quote:

Section 4: First Aid Measures
Eye Contact: Check for and remove any contact lenses. Do not use an eye ointment. Seek medical attention.

poo poo lol. It's burning less. I flushed it for quite a while. Eye drops hurt badly. I called the VA and they said I can go to a local ER here and hopefully they'll pay for it since all of their in-network stuff is closed right now.

I might wait a little while though since it feels a little better. My vision is still blurry but it isn't as bad as before. Hopefully it gets better on it's own. I was googling "castile soap in eye" and saw a few anecdotes about people getting chemical burns. Wtf is this poo poo?

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

CREAMED IN THE EYE BY A TRANSENDENTALIST SOAP SALESMAN WHILST I SHOWERED UNAWARE AND THINKING OF POSTING

...a new novel by

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Well I ended up going to the ER.

Chemical burn. The nurse practitioner is calling an optometrist right now.

I hurt. Someone come jerk me off to hide the pain.

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747
A Thanksgiving Story: You'll burn your eye out, kid!

naem
May 29, 2011

dang stay safe over there man

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Well I ended up going to the ER.

Chemical burn. The nurse practitioner is calling an optometrist right now.

I hurt. Someone come jerk me off to hide the pain.

I WILL SAVE YOU

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal

naem posted:

dang stay safe over there man

And maybe stop using soap that literally burns eyeballs?

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop
What is in Dr. Bronners that burns your eyeballs?

I've gotten soap and shampoo in my eyes before, but never got chemical burns.

Wishing a happy eyeball recovery for you PW.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

My first home built PC was nearly 20 years ago and was an AMD Athlon 1.4. Over the last week I have completed my Magnum Opus. My greatest PC ever. I love it like one of my children if I had a children.

But I had to dismount the graphics card from the cool vertical mount because it blocked every single loving expansion slot and I needed a place to plug in the wireless Vive card. I'm wondering if I got an E-ATX board if the extra length might provide enough room below the graphics card.

That first PC was built into a Lian Li PC-60 and ever since I've had a case fetish. I thought my previous build in a Silverstone TJ-07 might be the pinnacle of PC towers but the Phanteks Enthoo Elite is loving insane and blows it out of the water. Which it should because it costs a fuckload more.

vertical mount:

horizontal mount

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Wifi Toilet posted:

And maybe stop using soap that literally burns eyeballs?

It was recommended by Chinatown in the Costco thread a while back. It's pretty popular.

It's like a hippy soap too. :psyduck:

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

bird with big dick posted:

My first home built PC was nearly 20 years ago and was an AMD Athlon 1.4. Over the last week I have completed my Magnum Opus. My greatest PC ever. I love it like one of my children if I had a children.

But I had to dismount the graphics card from the cool vertical mount because it blocked every single loving expansion slot and I needed a place to plug in the wireless Vive card. I'm wondering if I got an E-ATX board if the extra length might provide enough room below the graphics card.

That first PC was built into a Lian Li PC-60 and ever since I've had a case fetish. I thought my previous build in a Silverstone TJ-07 might be the pinnacle of PC towers but the Phanteks Enthoo Elite is loving insane and blows it out of the water. Which it should because it costs a fuckload more.

vertical mount:

horizontal mount

Hell yea!

Just finished installing a new CPU fan and a Gigabyte 3070 myself.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

HEAL EYE! :argh:

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

gently caress, that sucks. I guess since it can be used as a general cleaner, castile soap is just more harsh than regular body soaps

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Probably explains why it burns my balls and taint too. I didn't know what a castile soap is.

I had no idea it could be used as a general cleaner. I've just always heard it was a body wash. I'd have read the label, but, well.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
I've used that soap regularly for probably 35 years and I've gotten it in my eyes plenty of times and have never had that kind of reaction. I even use it for toothpaste and mouthwash when I go on extended backpacking trips. Granted, I don't remember ever having it squirt undiluted directly into my eye but I'm sure it isn't fun.
What flavor was it? Peppermint? Lavender?

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Peppermint. The best one to get in your eye.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Probably explains why it burns my balls and taint too. I didn't know what a castile soap is.

I had no idea it could be used as a general cleaner. I've just always heard it was a body wash. I'd have read the label, but, well.

Nah that's the peppermint oil.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
I'm gonna n+1 using the peppermint soap. A Big bottle lasts almost a year so it's kinda worth it.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I just ordered a shower shelf. Right now I have my stuff sitting on the little tub edge along the wall and it doesn't fully hold it. Hopefully this won't happen again.

After sleeping my eye feels 10x better. It's still red and burning a little but nowhere near as bad. I have to put an antibiotic gel in my eye every two hours for two weeks but whatever. I'd rather not have an infected eye.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

I hate that you hurt your eye. Hope it gets better soon.

We've been using homemade soap after making a bunch for a family science project when this pandemic began.

Walmart sells 100% pure crystalized lye in the plumbing isle. That plus distilled water and light olive oil will make some completely odorless, really long lasting, bars of soap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Anyone else get the impression Pennywise jacked into his eye? You're not fooling everybody, buddy.