Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Suffer not the unclean to live.
Also Bowyer in the booth is going to be an lol for sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mischief
Jun 3, 2003
I'd get loving plastered every day with Clunt. Looking forward to see him try to grow up.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

chamois posted:

Harvick or Hamlin cruising to a championship with two top 5's between them in the last 5 races wouldn't have been anything to cheer about. Agreed the races have been bad, though.

It actually would have because the best driver of the year would have won the championship, which is the correct way to determine a champion, imho

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

kidcoelacanth posted:

It actually would have because the best driver of the year would have won the championship, which is the correct way to determine a champion, imho

thats right

stages and the chase should be illegal, help us president kamala

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
The season ended at the Charlotte roval

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Can you imagine thinking loving Phoenix would be a good track for the final race? Start and end the season at Daytona.

Also Chase loving Elliott won so now we are stuck with him for the next decade.

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

We were stuck with him anyway. :shrug: He's the son of a (boring) NASCAR legend. Kids of legends tend to stick around for awhile (see also: Junyer)

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

kidcoelacanth posted:

I'm just praying the new car in 2022 gives me anything to look forward to. If the championship is going to be a sham every year I'd at least like decent racing. Not getting my hopes up.

Yeah. The fact that were gonna be using this same awful rules package next year is really the worst thing possible for Nascar. Dumb playoff rules or not.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 15 days!)

CactusWeasle posted:

The season ended at the Charlotte roval

Daytona_RC you mean

SwampYankee
Mar 7, 2007

By the grace of God and 600 horsepower

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Can you imagine thinking loving Phoenix would be a good track for the final race? Start and end the season at Daytona.

Also Chase loving Elliott won so now we are stuck with him for the next decade.

It should end at Bristol

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

We have Drive to Survive at home

chamois posted:

Harvick or Hamlin cruising to a championship with two top 5's between them in the last 5 races wouldn't have been anything to cheer about. Agreed the races have been bad, though.

I think my biggest takeaway from the last 2 races was how bad the #4 team was. How can you go from the most dominant car in the series to nothing in the span of a couple weeks? Like OK Martinsville didn't go their way but I thought for sure they would come to Phoenix and just curb stomp the field letting the champion finish second or worse, make some kind of statement, but they weren't a factor at all.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

bigbillystyle posted:

I think my biggest takeaway from the last 2 races was how bad the #4 team was. How can you go from the most dominant car in the series to nothing in the span of a couple weeks? Like OK Martinsville didn't go their way but I thought for sure they would come to Phoenix and just curb stomp the field letting the champion finish second or worse, make some kind of statement, but they weren't a factor at all.

It's become extremely obvious at this point that NASCAR, through whatever means, wants every car that's not the top 4 to be of zero factor in that race.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

https://twitter.com/bobpockrass/status/1326296305518436352?s=19

Sweet Lord, why?

kidcoelacanth posted:

It's become extremely obvious at this point that NASCAR, through whatever means, wants every car that's not the top 4 to be of zero factor in that race.

I've often wondered if NASCAR doesn't somehow give the final four teams a little something extra to try and put them to the front of the field and it's up to the teams to make good of it.

Two of the last three finales have had three contenders in the top four at the end and the other was a clean sweep of the top four. This excludes this year's results as, to be quite honest, I couldn't be bothered to look them up.

E- gently caress you, voice to text.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Nov 11, 2020

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

https://twitter.com/joshreaume/status/1326365127805968386

A truck driver got suspended for putting a swastika on his toaster struedel

you cannot make this poo poo up

i am having the time of my life

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

this is maybe the funniest thing that has ever happened

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

what

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

kidcoelacanth posted:

Someone please send me a photo of this

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

It's good that racists are so loving dumb.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

The last two news items I've seen on this forum have been this and a phone call to Laura Ingraham's show which may or may not be but probably is Donald Trump. What a time to be alive.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Nov 11, 2020

Vomitorium
Oct 2, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
jesus christ haha, you goddamn monsters

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

kidcoelacanth posted:

Ah, got to excuse the swastika strudels if he grew up in a ethnically diverse family.

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
Accidental Swastika would be a pro-tier username

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

love 2 take swastikas out of context

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Maybe he got 33 and 88 confused.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Congratulations on your promotion to Hendrick Motorsports

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

https://twitter.com/JennaFryer/status/1326914192260075521

Jesus H. Christ, this sanctioning body is so dumb. "Let's have two dirt races NAH gently caress THAT poo poo WE CAN ONLY HAVE ONE AND IT MUST BE DIRT BRISTOL."

SwampYankee
Mar 7, 2007

By the grace of God and 600 horsepower
Ken Squier has Covid:

https://nascar.nbcsports.com/2020/11/13/ken-squier-covid-19-nascar-hall-of-fame/

Also, no big race for the Modifieds at NHMS this year:

https://racedayct.com/2020/11/full-throttle-weekend-gone-at-nhms-whelen-mod-tour-currently-not-on-2021-track-schedule/

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
every time i think poo poo can't get more stupid NASCAR does NASCAR

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

wow maffew nice gangtag saying we should burn georgia because they voted for biden

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
this guy gets it

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

CBJSprague24 posted:

https://twitter.com/JennaFryer/status/1326914192260075521

Jesus H. Christ, this sanctioning body is so dumb. "Let's have two dirt races NAH gently caress THAT poo poo WE CAN ONLY HAVE ONE AND IT MUST BE DIRT BRISTOL."

This is now confirmed.

Outlaw Mailman
Jul 1, 2007
Two kinds of crazy
So am I the only one that finds it odd that the trucks are running Knoxville, when Iowa Speedway is literally 30 miles up the highway sitting idle? I just don't see the logic in moving the race from Eldora to Knoxville when NASCAR owns an unused short track in the Des Moines market.

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind

Outlaw Mailman posted:

So am I the only one that finds it odd that the trucks are running Knoxville, when Iowa Speedway is literally 30 miles up the highway sitting idle? I just don't see the logic in moving the race from Eldora to Knoxville when NASCAR owns an unused short track in the Des Moines market.

Iowa is in very bad shape, moneywise. Penske considered buying it but he bailed after looking at financials. Obviously this year was bad due to the pandemic but if even Penske couldn't see a way out of it I would think the track isn't long for this world.

NASCAR could try running more national events at a ho-hum short track that's bleeding cash, or they keep things very low-risk with a banger event at Knoxville and rake in more TV money.

Not the worst decision, in the end.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Outlaw Mailman posted:

Because dirt is better

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
Seems Ken Squier's rona has progressed downhill

https://twitter.com/DGodfatherMoody/status/1330155684122521600

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
Seems Ken Squier's rona is not so bad anymore and he is out of the hospital
https://twitter.com/DGodfatherMoody/status/1332699298929242112

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Cannot recommend Dw on The Dale Jr Download enough.

DW talking about cheating: :discourse:

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

The Waltrip brothers are really great to listen to when they are not in their dumb loving TV schtick mode.

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

We have Drive to Survive at home

algebra testes posted:

Cannot recommend Dw on The Dale Jr Download enough.

DW talking about cheating: :discourse:

Yes that was fun to listen to. I had always heard the rumors of some of that stuff happening but it was cool to get a little insight from a driver that was actively participating in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

The race at California has been replaced with the Daytona roval for 2021. NASCAR plans one more race on the two-mile oval there before starting the reconfiguration into the 4H-project-gone-wrong short track they're converting it to beginning in 2023.