Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

chaoslord posted:

Ok one crisis semi-averted later, let’s try this again

Hi hello it’s me slord, this time with dinner and a tornado watch

I too have a tornado watch. Missouri?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky
##vote GG I'm pretty sure he's scum again.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

DGK it’s now kinda triggering me that you don’t think I’m scum so we’re really running the gamut of permutations on this

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

DGK2000 posted:

I too have a tornado watch. Missouri?

Northwest Arkansas, probably takes me 40 minutes to get to the state line, so probably the same one :hfive:

------------------------

I see Rarity is the vote leader by a large margin, I've got like 14 pages to catch up on, can someone give me a quick rundown of why that is? TIA

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

chaoslord posted:

Northwest Arkansas, probably takes me 40 minutes to get to the state line, so probably the same one :hfive:

------------------------

I see Rarity is the vote leader by a large margin, I've got like 14 pages to catch up on, can someone give me a quick rundown of why that is? TIA

Bifauxnen posted:

Sorry Sandwolf, I started trying to condense the Rarity case to three bullet points but it didn't work, you're just gonna get rambling sorry

The main point though is weak superficial casing that pales in comparison to what I've seen of her previous town play, where she was light years ahead in high-quality active bulldog casing.

The vote on Hal would've fit right into jokephase as a sarcastic parody of an actual case, but she was pushing it totally seriously all "how can no one else see this?" then when she was getting heat for it she dumped out some quickie comments on super easy stuff like Squiggly and Chic. Then she made that similarly bad point against Steak:

which she's just abandoned and not mentioned again after people said it was crap. Then she showed up to very quietly agree with you and Amni on AC:

before abruptly falling in line with the whole stick-up-for-AC mood you bemoaned earlier once the mood shifted:

She's tried to make more effort in shading me, but it often comes down to just baselessly declaring my tone is a certain way. Which is pretty hard to argue against, and easy to use as a way to make my stuff sound dodgier even if she has no actual point.

Like look, seriously this is what gets me really ranting in Mafia the most, is not just being called scum, but wondering how the hell my tone can be that wildly misunderstood and if I have any communication skills at all ffs. You're already reading me wildly different from how I'm actually feeling and hearing my own voice in my head. So it's easy for someone to come in and just say something like this:

Like mate? You have seen me being a dick and being pissy. I hope you can see how this does not compare at all.

Or here for not having a tone... like what whole body of work is she expecting me to have the "nervous tone" in? I just said right then in that there post that I was just now starting to get nervous. And it's like, all I'm nervous about is that if I'm right about Rarity and wrong about Amni, it's gonna be super easy to get everyone swung over that way, so maybe that was going on when some people showed up to vote Amni instead of Rarity... but I do still think Amni is likely scum so it's not like some existential dread that infuses my very soul to be picked up in my writing.

Lol she says this while still agreeing with like every read I've had that isn't her

This is a slightly-long version of what most of us are looking at.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

chaoslord posted:

------------------------

her posting has caused us to deduce that she's most likely to be scum

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Referee posted:

Ah, it was this one, which other pointed out too and I guess wasn’t *all* that much before votes started coming in. Regardless, I don’t feel like this exchange was/is in good faith.

Still reviewing, but I would vote here.

Also, here’s a shorter version, my own post, just focused on the Hal interaction (click through for quotes)

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I would be fine voting for Rarity. I think grandicap might be a good choice too.

Squiggly posted some stuff but frankly I don’t think it’s very good but I doubt we would get traction on him today but I’ll be back for you big guy

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

I would listen to a Grandicap case but I don’t recall seeing anything with any substance to it yet.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

That said, a weekend deadline with 14 votes total needed to lunch and under four hours to go gives me pause about too much moving around. I’d like to make sure people are going to be around and/or enough people are in agreement before things get split up too much.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Votecount for Day 1

Rarity (8): Gumball Gumption, Idle Amalgam, Idle Amalgam, Idle Amalgam, Mills, apostateCourier, apostateCourier, Yami Fenrir, t a s t e, Bifauxnen, Idle Amalgam, Gumball Gumption, Yami Fenrir, Referee, sandnavyguy, Yami Fenrir, IcePhoenix, Mr. Steak
Amnistar (3): Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, apostateCourier, Idle Amalgam, Ceyton, Yami Fenrir, Yami Fenrir
Gumball Gumption (3): b-minus1, Amnistar, Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak, DGK2000
Grandicap (2): apostateCourier, Amnistar, Amnistar, Rarity, Rarity, apostateCourier, Rarity, Rarity, Sandwolf, Rarity
Squiggly (2): Hal Incandenza, apostateCourier, Yami Fenrir, Rhjamiz, Mr. Steak, apostateCourier, Yami Fenrir, Mr. Steak
chaoslord (1): Referee, Referee, CCKeane
Yami Fenrir (1): SalTheBard, Bifauxnen, Yami Fenrir, Bifauxnen, Yami Fenrir
Bifauxnen (1): flerp
Sandwolf (1): Gumball Gumption
Idle Amalgam (1): Bifauxnen, Grandicap, Bifauxnen
SalTheBard (1): chaoslord
t a s t e (0): Referee, Referee
Referee (0): Rarity, Rarity
Hal Incandenza (0): Grandicap, Rarity, Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, Grandicap, Rarity
apostateCourier (0): Amnistar, Mr. Steak, Amnistar, Amnistar, Mr. Steak, Sandwolf, Amnistar, Sandwolf
Mr. Steak (0): Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, sandnavyguy, sandnavyguy
CCKeane (0): Rarity, b-minus1, Rarity, b-minus1
Mills (0): DGK2000, DGK2000

Not Voting (2): Chic Trombone, Squiggly

With 26 alive, it's 14 votes to execute. The current deadline is November 14th, 2020 at 11:30 p.m. EST -- that's in about 3 hours, 42 minutes.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Sandwolf posted:

DGK it’s now kinda triggering me that you don’t think I’m scum so we’re really running the gamut of permutations on this

Simple, I already said Im not invested in D1. I've said this in the last 20+ player game I was in as well. It's just too much for me to keep up with actively until at least D2.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I exist and am caught up, I disagree on the Rarity case, I think it's more that Bif actually put together a d1 case that has reasonableness to it so people are more likely to vote there, but I find her interactions reasonable and not scumthink.
I will vote there to prevent a no-execute, but will not work to advance the case.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Referee posted:

This is a slightly-long version of what most of us are looking at.

Yeah I see reading her posts without context, that feels like Rare Scum. I will place my vote there now, so as to avoid a no-lynch.

##vote Rarity

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Grandicap posted:

I exist and am caught up, I disagree on the Rarity case, I think it's more that Bif actually put together a d1 case that has reasonableness to it so people are more likely to vote there, but I find her interactions reasonable and not scumthink.
I will vote there to prevent a no-execute, but will not work to advance the case.

Who are you interested in besides IA?

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Hal Incandenza posted:

Who are you interested in besides IA?

Noone with any actual number of votes and I am not willing to case someone for real this late into the day.
IA, AC, IS are all on my radar.
Bif too still, but way far down, like even if she were an option today I probably wouldn't jump on it because if she is town, she will be a fairly large net positive later days, and if I still feel this way later I can actually articulate it.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Also, always down to execute taste, but that has nothing to do specifically to do with his gameplay this game.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Oh, thanks

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Grandicap posted:

Noone with any actual number of votes and I am not willing to case someone for real this late into the day.
IA, AC, IS are all on my radar.
Bif too still, but way far down, like even if she were an option today I probably wouldn't jump on it because if she is town, she will be a fairly large net positive later days, and if I still feel this way later I can actually articulate it.

Assuming I am the IS you are referencing, since we don’t have anyone else with those initials in this game, humor me and tell me what’s putting me on your radar?

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Grandicap posted:

It’s not even so much that you mentioned me, but the bolded piece interests me. Especially since your vote is currently the only one on IA. If you aren’t willing to make a case on anyone because it’s late in the day, why aren’t you simply voting the vote leader and being done with it? What else is going to change minds besides casing?

I know I said I was wary of vote-switching, but I feel like my tone on that is very different than what you’re coming across as here.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Referee posted:

Assuming I am the IS you are referencing, since we don’t have anyone else with those initials in this game, humor me and tell me what’s putting me on your radar?

Yes you are the IS I am referring to, at least I am assuming it's you based on the AV. And I'm not sure exactly what is pinging me about you, but I definitely noticed something off. With more days I'll dig deeper into the feeling, but right now I'm comfortable with saying gut.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

t a s t e posted:

Oh, thanks

You're welcome :)

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Referee posted:

It’s not even so much that you mentioned me, but the bolded piece interests me. Especially since your vote is currently the only one on IA. If you aren’t willing to make a case on anyone because it’s late in the day, why aren’t you simply voting the vote leader and being done with it? What else is going to change minds besides casing?

I know I said I was wary of vote-switching, but I feel like my tone on that is very different than what you’re coming across as here.

As a sign that I don't agree with the case more than anything. I will vote there if my vote is required at EOD.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Grandicap posted:

Yes you are the IS I am referring to, at least I am assuming it's you based on the AV. And I'm not sure exactly what is pinging me about you, but I definitely noticed something off. With more days I'll dig deeper into the feeling, but right now I'm comfortable with saying gut.

Grandicap posted:

As a sign that I don't agree with the case more than anything. I will vote there if my vote is required at EOD.

Hmmm, okay. If you don’t agree with the case I feel like you’d be stronger about pushing another option. But I’ll let it go for the moment.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Rarity (9): Gumball Gumption, Idle Amalgam, Idle Amalgam, Idle Amalgam, Mills, apostateCourier, apostateCourier, Yami Fenrir, t a s t e, Bifauxnen, Idle Amalgam, Gumball Gumption, Yami Fenrir, Referee, sandnavyguy, Yami Fenrir, IcePhoenix, Mr. Steak, DGK2000
Amnistar (3): Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, apostateCourier, Idle Amalgam, Ceyton, Yami Fenrir, Yami Fenrir
Gumball Gumption (2): b-minus1, Amnistar, Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak, DGK2000, DGK2000
Grandicap (2): apostateCourier, Amnistar, Amnistar, Rarity, Rarity, apostateCourier, Rarity, Rarity, Sandwolf, Rarity
Squiggly (2): Hal Incandenza, apostateCourier, Yami Fenrir, Rhjamiz, Mr. Steak, apostateCourier, Yami Fenrir, Mr. Steak
apostateCourier (0): Amnistar, Mr. Steak, Amnistar, Amnistar, Mr. Steak, Sandwolf, Amnistar, Sandwolf

With 26 alive, it's 14 votes to execute. The current deadline is November 14th, 2020 at 11:30 p.m. EST -- that's in about 2 hours, 55 minutes.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Well I will break my code and ##vote Rarity

I had a busy day but I should be around until deadline

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Just got to the end of page 10, taking longer than I would have liked because I keep watching football, but two things that jumped out are the Rarity post that Ref used in his case of getting on to Hal for "admitting he is posting for show" less than a day into the game, and also oh my god can someone please vig Squiggly, this one letter per post zombie crap is the most annoying thing I've seen in a mafia game in a long time

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I’ll be around til deadline but it looks like it’s gonna be Rarity

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I should also be around til deadline but will be distracted soon by Santa photos

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Bifauxnen posted:

I should also be around til deadline but will be distracted soon by Santa photos

I know what you mean, but I can imagine that you are looking dreamily at photos of Santa.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

##vote Rarity

Might be here for deadline might not, metamour is dyeing my hair and posting without my glasses on sucks

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

##vote Rarity

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Rarity (12): Gumball Gumption, Idle Amalgam, Idle Amalgam, Idle Amalgam, Mills, apostateCourier, apostateCourier, Yami Fenrir, t a s t e, Bifauxnen, Idle Amalgam, Gumball Gumption, Yami Fenrir, Referee, sandnavyguy, Yami Fenrir, IcePhoenix, Mr. Steak, DGK2000, Hal Incandenza, apostateCourier, Sandwolf
Amnistar (2): Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, apostateCourier, Idle Amalgam, Ceyton, Yami Fenrir, Yami Fenrir, apostateCourier
Gumball Gumption (2): b-minus1, Amnistar, Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak, DGK2000, DGK2000
Grandicap (1): apostateCourier, Amnistar, Amnistar, Rarity, Rarity, apostateCourier, Rarity, Rarity, Sandwolf, Rarity, Sandwolf
Squiggly (1): Hal Incandenza, apostateCourier, Yami Fenrir, Rhjamiz, Mr. Steak, apostateCourier, Yami Fenrir, Mr. Steak, Hal Incandenza

With 26 alive, it's 14 votes to execute. The current deadline is November 14th, 2020 at 11:30 p.m. EST -- that's in about 1 hour, 22 minutes.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I am not happy about this vote, but I don't wanna watch the thread do nothing for another hour.
##vote Rarity

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

i'm a loving idiot

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Finishing up on Page 15, and while Rarity is the vote today, Amni is another poster worth looking at imo

Amnistar posted:

I don't agree that I'm ignoring posts. My primary read on AC comes from the fact that they immediately pressed for more information about a claim early in the day. My secondary reason for thinking them scum is that their most recent jump onto the Rarity vote, one of the two vote leaders, with a case that is...meh. Yes, I'm not talking about other posts, but that's simply because they don't make me think they are or aren't scum.

apostateCourier posted:

you still won't say why pressing for information is bad??

Amnistar posted:

...Scum want to know who to kill?

This is the "press[ing] for more information about a claim"

Hal Incandenza posted:

I will not vote mills or taste at any point

Today I won’t vote for anyone not named squiggly

##vote squiggly

apostateCourier posted:

I know it's day 1 but is there a why?

Calling that a press about a claim is weird phrasing intended to get a reaction. Asking questions is not a scummy thing.

Amnistar posted:

without rereading the thread my opinion of Rarity is:

I don't know I haven't read anything they've posted.

Amnistar posted:

More specifically, it's a 24 person game and trying to keep up with everything means that I'm keeping up with no one, so I'm skimming right now and paying attention to people that jump out at me. Rarity has not jumped out at me so I have no current opinion, will go reread since you asked though Yami.

I also do not believe this to be true. While I'm not going to go back to count posts up to this point, Rarity is the highest poster in the game now and I'd be surprised if she hadn't been on every page, which would make it hard to not have an opinion on them! And like this

Amnistar posted:

Not because they voted rarity, but because they voted for the vote leader based on "new" posts, in an attempt to differentiate themselves from others which is a thing scum do to make it seem like they're not bandwagoning.

Just reads as a gotcha to me. If AC had repeated the previous stuff, I am 100% sure Amni would have called them out for +1ing.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

where are we gang? I see rarity is at -1 with ~~30 minutes left?

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Rarity (13): Gumball Gumption, Idle Amalgam, Idle Amalgam, Idle Amalgam, Mills, apostateCourier, apostateCourier, Yami Fenrir, t a s t e, Bifauxnen, Idle Amalgam, Gumball Gumption, Yami Fenrir, Referee, sandnavyguy, Yami Fenrir, IcePhoenix, Mr. Steak, DGK2000, Hal Incandenza, apostateCourier, Sandwolf, Grandicap
Amnistar (2): Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, apostateCourier, Idle Amalgam, Ceyton, Yami Fenrir, Yami Fenrir, apostateCourier
Grandicap (1): apostateCourier, Amnistar, Amnistar, Rarity, Rarity, apostateCourier, Rarity, Rarity, Sandwolf, Rarity, Sandwolf
Squiggly (1): Hal Incandenza, apostateCourier, Yami Fenrir, Rhjamiz, Mr. Steak, apostateCourier, Yami Fenrir, Mr. Steak, Hal Incandenza
Idle Amalgam (0): Bifauxnen, Grandicap, Bifauxnen, Grandicap

With 26 alive, it's 14 votes to execute. The current deadline is November 14th, 2020 at 11:30 p.m. EST -- that's in about 58 minutes.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

oh deadline is 11:30 not 11

can someone link the case on Rarity really quickly? Sorry, I've been a huge distractible dumbass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Bifauxnen posted:

Sorry Sandwolf, I started trying to condense the Rarity case to three bullet points but it didn't work, you're just gonna get rambling sorry

The main point though is weak superficial casing that pales in comparison to what I've seen of her previous town play, where she was light years ahead in high-quality active bulldog casing.

The vote on Hal would've fit right into jokephase as a sarcastic parody of an actual case, but she was pushing it totally seriously all "how can no one else see this?" then when she was getting heat for it she dumped out some quickie comments on super easy stuff like Squiggly and Chic. Then she made that similarly bad point against Steak:

which she's just abandoned and not mentioned again after people said it was crap. Then she showed up to very quietly agree with you and Amni on AC:

before abruptly falling in line with the whole stick-up-for-AC mood you bemoaned earlier once the mood shifted:

She's tried to make more effort in shading me, but it often comes down to just baselessly declaring my tone is a certain way. Which is pretty hard to argue against, and easy to use as a way to make my stuff sound dodgier even if she has no actual point.

Like look, seriously this is what gets me really ranting in Mafia the most, is not just being called scum, but wondering how the hell my tone can be that wildly misunderstood and if I have any communication skills at all ffs. You're already reading me wildly different from how I'm actually feeling and hearing my own voice in my head. So it's easy for someone to come in and just say something like this:

Like mate? You have seen me being a dick and being pissy. I hope you can see how this does not compare at all.

Or here for not having a tone... like what whole body of work is she expecting me to have the "nervous tone" in? I just said right then in that there post that I was just now starting to get nervous. And it's like, all I'm nervous about is that if I'm right about Rarity and wrong about Amni, it's gonna be super easy to get everyone swung over that way, so maybe that was going on when some people showed up to vote Amni instead of Rarity... but I do still think Amni is likely scum so it's not like some existential dread that infuses my very soul to be picked up in my writing.

Lol she says this while still agreeing with like every read I've had that isn't her

This post Chic