Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven
Good point imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
I'll do a reread this afternoon

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
uhh folks?

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
I didnt want to have to do this.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
I'm scum

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

:psyduck: how is this still going on?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

lol i know what you're doing. and you know how i know.

you're town. let's kill RF cuz chances are he's scum. ##vote rf

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
also how come rf counts as 2 players in votefinder? whats that about huh?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
rf did you steal stg's vote?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
oh, no stg voted me in thread, it was just attributed to one of the two rfs

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
UHHH nevermind i refreshed the page and it fixed itself carry on

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
@ia i voted myself for the same reason you are voting yourself. but now that we know what we know, we should vote someone else

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Mr. Steak posted:

@ia i voted myself for the same reason you are voting yourself. but now that we know what we know, we should vote someone else

We don't really know anything yet though and you should unvote me before scum wake up if you're not

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Mr. Steak posted:

explain to me again how i cant do math

There's 5 alive what the actual gently caress are you talking about

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Weird how Steak keeps lying about the state of the game to try to provoke an impulse bad decision while he and IA are on at the exact same time :thunk:

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

sirtommygunn posted:

Weird how Steak keeps lying about the state of the game to try to provoke an impulse bad decision while he and IA are on at the exact same time :thunk:

Did you miss the part where he was responding to me? He's saying if we NL today it's 4 tomorrow

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

No, I didn't miss anything, and I have absolutely no idea how you think I'm missing something.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
##vote stg

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

He says there's gonna be 4 tomorrow, says no lunch is a good plan, then votes no lunch. Then when called out on this bullshit, he posts a fake number of alive people so that if someone is barely paying attention they might vote no lunch in agreement.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
nah ##vote rf

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

sirtommygunn posted:

He says there's gonna be 4 tomorrow, says no lunch is a good plan, then votes no lunch. Then when called out on this bullshit, he posts a fake number of alive people so that if someone is barely paying attention they might vote no lunch in agreement.

i quoted a votefinder post that says the required votes for an even number of alive players is half + 1. click through to the vf post if you dont believe me

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Either steak is randomly poo poo posting complete nonsense or he's fishing for a specific vote so that he and IA can jump on it and win the game.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
half is not majority

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Ok well I think it has to be Scientastic if nothing else, enough people have had a vote on them that the game should have ended by now. Unless there's only 1 scum left but I feel like we started with too many for that

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Oh poo poo there is only one scum left, I forgot 2 died not 1!

Ok well then whatever.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Retro Futurist posted:

Oh poo poo there is only one scum left, I forgot 2 died not 1!

Ok well then whatever.

i think 4 initial scum is not unlikely in a 14 player game. thats why ive assumed this is mylo

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Mr. Steak posted:

half is not majority

and how do you get a majority vote if half the people alive are scum, which was the context of the entire loving conversation!

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

1: If 2 scum alive we can't no vote because then it would be 2 scum 2 town

2: hey no vote sounds like a great plan

3: that's a bad idea, why are you voting for it

please loving explain to me how 3 is the weird person in this conversation

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

If there's 1 left then we're better off doing 2 lunches, if there's 2 left we have to lunch today, no lunch is a strictly bad idea in this scenario!!!!!!!

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

It is particularly reckless to make joke votes if there is actually 2 scum because they can swoop in, copy your vote, and instantly win the game, that might have something to do with why I'm hung up on the idea that the two dumbasses making joke votes and poo poo posts every 2 seconds just might be a scum team trying to fish out a random poo poo vote!!!!

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

sirtommygunn posted:

and how do you get a majority vote if half the people alive are scum, which was the context of the entire loving conversation!

Oh, yeah that's actually a good point. Technically the game wouldn't be over, but town wouldn't be able to actually dddooooo anything.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

By the way I'm not clear on that point either! Why wouldn't the game end if scum have a tie and town has no doublevote/vigilante or other power that could possibly overcome that advantage immediately?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Retro Futurist posted:

Oh, yeah that's actually a good point. Technically the game wouldn't be over, but town wouldn't be able to actually dddooooo anything.

yeah i forgot about that point. anyway stg vote for rf and then ia vote for rf. we have to come to a consensus sometime, and even if ia is scum lunching him would be a bad idea today. i believe there are 2 scum left and that rf is likely to be one of them. lets lunch him.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Mr. Steak posted:

yeah i forgot about that point. anyway stg vote for rf and then ia vote for rf. we have to come to a consensus sometime, and even if ia is scum lunching him would be a bad idea today. i believe there are 2 scum left and that rf is likely to be one of them. lets lunch him.

No, I'll wait for RF to see the light and Scientastic to return to us to vote you out, scumlord.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Dead serious: I'm not moving my vote today, and if steak flips town I'm going to have a mental breakdown.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
lunching rf:

if ia is the *only* scum left, there's no immediate danger from lunching rf now.

if ia *isnt* the only scum left, and rf isnt scum, then we'd lose.there's no avoiding that.

lunching ia or me:

if either of us are scum, then the team would know how to avoid getting hit by the lunchbomb and so a town would certainly die along with him. that'd make 3 players alive w 1 scum and then if scum nks tonight we would lose.

so even if you think we are scum, you have to vote for someone else. and if we are BOTH scum with lunchbombs, there is no way for town to win anyway.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Weird how every scum that looks like they're about to get lunched suddenly has a bomb

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
tl;dr

i have a lunchbomb candy which (i'll just say it) kills the person who hammered.

i concluded that ia also has the same candy cuz he's acting exactly how i considered acting. and is exactly why i held on to this lunchbomb candy since night 3.

even if we are scum, you cant vote for us. thats just how it is. so if we are, sorry bud but u have already lost.

im town, idk about ia. i think you're town so we MUST vote one of rf or scientastic

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

If you're innocent and have a bomb, it's your duty to be the hammer on yourself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

sirtommygunn posted:

If you're innocent and have a bomb, it's your duty to be the hammer on yourself.

and gamble on there being inly 1 scum left? i think thats a worse gamble than lunching rf