Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

There's no way there are 4 scum and a 3P in a 14 player game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Or, if you think both votes on you are from town, sit back and wait for scum to foolishly jump on that grenade.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Mr. Steak posted:

and gamble on there being inly 1 scum left? i think thats a worse gamble than lunching rf

I think it's a better gamble than waiting on me to switch my vote, which I will absolutely not do.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

RF vote for steak already.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

sirtommygunn posted:

Or, if you think both votes on you are from town, sit back and wait for scum to foolishly jump on that grenade.

me and ia clearly both tried. but i got tired of waiting. after ia confirmed to me that he has the same power, which narrowed down my choices of who to vote, i decided that taking a gamble on the lunch was a better chance than taking a gamble on scum hammering one of us

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
if theres only 1 scum left, then theres even less risk in lunching one person, as opposed to removing 2 people from the game where they will probably both be town (unless a scum is stupid enough to hammer on a townie claiming bomb

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
if we're gambitting we're gambitting. i dont know if we even interacted much in thread at all so idk how i'd convince you we arent scumbuds.

but claiming and trusting the decision to the remaining town still seems like a better shot than trying to trick scum into hammering

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

I stand firm in my conviction that you are scum, and nothing you say can be trusted.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i mean, here ##vote ia somebody hammer to kill yourself

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
well, this one is better ##vote steak

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
hammer me to kill yourself

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Oh, I thought we shouldn't kill IA because they clearly have a bomb, but now that its clear you won't be able to get RF its suddenly a good play?

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

RF prove that you're town by hammering steak scum.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

sirtommygunn posted:

Oh, I thought we shouldn't kill IA because they clearly have a bomb, but now that its clear you won't be able to get RF its suddenly a good play?

i want rf to vote me. you want rf to vote me. we're on the same side

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
rf, if you're town then hammering me will lose the game. if you're the last scum then hammering me will lose the game.

im out lol

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

RF if steak is scum and you're town you'll win the game.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

sirtommygunn posted:

RF if steak is scum and you're town you'll win the game.

didnt you say you thought rf would be the scum if theres only 1 left? it'd be me and ia if theres 2

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

There's always the possibility that I'm wrong about anybody besides you.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
lol

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Honestly my interpretation still works with RF as scum if you believe IA has a bomb and the two of you are willing to pretend to not know how numbers work. It would at least explain why RF is so reluctant to vote for you despite them being the alternative lunch.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Retro Futurist posted:

There's no way there are 4 scum and a 3P in a 14 player game

If RF is scum and you're not, why do they make this post instead of the easiest game winning vote on you?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

sirtommygunn posted:

If RF is scum and you're not, why do they make this post instead of the easiest game winning vote on you?

cuz he doesnt want to die?

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

They'd be putting you at -1 there, either forcing you to hammer yourself or wait for a townie who believes you're lying scum.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

sirtommygunn posted:

They'd be putting you at -1 there, either forcing you to hammer yourself or wait for a townie who believes you're lying scum.

putting a 2nd vote on me wouldnt be a game-winning move. i'd never hammer myself cuz it would ensure a loss and if a townie hammered me after my claim then thats on them

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
correction: it would mean a loss if there are 2 scum left. i would not be willing to take that chance

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Whether or not it would be "on" the other townie, it would be the easiest and most easily defended course to a victory for them.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
by the *literal* exact same logic in the exact same situation, i (as scum) should have put a 2nd vote on ia as soon as he self-voted and i assumed he had a bomb

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

If IA had a town out for his blood then sure you could make that comparison, but IA could just take away his self vote at any moment.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

It's also a weaker case to go "he voted for himself, he MUST be scum!" than it is to catch you lying multiple times in a single day in support of a plan that would lead to a sure town loss.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

IA has also not claimed to have a bomb at any point.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

sirtommygunn posted:

If IA had a town out for his blood then sure you could make that comparison, but IA could just take away his self vote at any moment.

well whatever. im not moving my vote unless others are willing to vote rf or scientastic. and you dont seem to want me to, so why are we arguing lol

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

I'm trying to bust through all your argument defenses so someone will come in and hammer you!!!!!

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

sirtommygunn posted:

It's also a weaker case to go "he voted for himself, he MUST be scum!" than it is to catch you lying multiple times in a single day in support of a plan that would lead to a sure town loss.

at least this game will make you reevaluate your mafia thought processes, regardless of who wins

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
that, or you'll just say im bad as town and you did nothing wrong. either or

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

If we lose off you bombing a townie because you threw a tantrum after acting incredibly suspicious then it will only make me reevaluate your sanity.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Either you're scum caught in a lie or you somehow forgot one of the most basic rules of mafia and the entire concept or basic mathematics. That's not on me.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Just lmao @ "Its YOUR FAULT i decided to play bad on purpose!!!"

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Oh, you're voting for me??? in MAFIA???? time to throw the entire game and roll around in my own poo poo! YOU MADE ME DO THIS, ARE YOU HAPPY NOW????????

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
idk how else to explain that even if i am scum, its in town's best interest to lunch somebody who is not (claiming) a bomb.

if im the last scum then you'd win, yes.

but if im not, then lunching me will lose the game for you even if im scum. (do the math)

and if im town then you'd lose the game if town hammers me. if scum hammers me tomorrow is lylo

on the other hand, if we lunch either rf or sci

if town: we lose if 2 scum left and tomorrow is lylo if 1 left

if scum: we win or tomorrow is lylo

so your insistence on lunching me is because you are ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY SURE there's only 1 scum left. cuz if there are 2 scum left then your plan is horrendously risky. and my plan depends significantly less on the number of scum left

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
please stop whining