Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

It's based on you loving lying about having a lunchbomb!!! Just like Pmush did in this same exact loving game! If you were scum and would win off a lynchbomb WHY THE gently caress WOULD YOU MAKE PAGES OF ARGUMENTS ABOUT HOW YOU DEFINITELY HAVE A BOMB? The answer: YOU WOULDN'T. You're scum that is lying about the bomb and trying to frame the argument around that when its completely irrelevant! OR you're a townie intentionally throwing the game to be an rear end in a top hat because the new guy thinks you're sus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i wish you'd learn from your mistakes instead of preemptively deciding that if you're wrong it was my fault

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

If you're town stop doing your best to lose the game. Either way: stop blaming your poor behavior on me.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Unreliable information is part of the game, your lunchbomb is not a given, don't act like it is.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

sirtommygunn posted:

If you're town stop doing your best to lose the game. Either way: stop blaming your poor behavior on me.

what would you suggest i do to be a good townie?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
im not blaming anything on you, btw. where did that come from?

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

If I just poo poo out that I copped you and said you were scum, it would be completely valid for everyone to doubt me, it would not be valid for me to poo poo on everyone for "playing the game wrong" because they didn't take me at face value.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Unvote yourself, make a case on someone else, and if it looks like you're the lunch and you do actually have a lunchbomb, self vote to hammer. Gambling on there being only 1 scum left is better than this situation you've created where scum knows you're a bomb and won't vote for you but a townie voting for you will instantly lose the game.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

sirtommygunn posted:

If I just poo poo out that I copped you and said you were scum, it would be completely valid for everyone to doubt me, it would not be valid for me to poo poo on everyone for "playing the game wrong" because they didn't take me at face value.

there is a difference between "not take at face value" and "take the opposite at face value". you are doing the 2nd thing

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

sirtommygunn posted:

Unvote yourself, make a case on someone else, and if it looks like you're the lunch and you do actually have a lunchbomb, self vote to hammer. Gambling on there being only 1 scum left is better than this situation you've created where scum knows you're a bomb and won't vote for you but a townie voting for you will instantly lose the game.

true. thats why i expect nobody to vote for me. im willing to take the risk and trust ia sci and rf would have the common sense not to hammer a claimed bomb in mylo

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Mr. Steak posted:

im not blaming anything on you, btw. where did that come from?

Mr. Steak posted:

that, or you'll just say im bad as town and you did nothing wrong. either or

Mr. Steak posted:

at least this game will make you reevaluate your mafia thought processes, regardless of who wins

Mr. Steak posted:

i wish you'd learn from your mistakes instead of preemptively deciding that if you're wrong it was my fault

Mr. Steak posted:

please stop whining

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

It would almost be worth dying and losing if steak is town to put egg on his face, and if I felt like he’d learn anything from that I would

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Mr. Steak posted:

true. thats why i expect nobody to vote for me. im willing to take the risk and trust ia sci and rf would have the common sense not to hammer a claimed bomb in mylo

Oh so the strat is to make sure there's no lunch today, definitely in the town's best interest here.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
accepting the entirety of the blame and absolving you unconditionally is the only alternative to blaming it all of you....?

sigh.

i play to my win condition and screw you for accusing me of gamethrowing

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

What else do you call it when you make a move that can only result in your own loss?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

sirtommygunn posted:

What else do you call it when you make a move that can only result in your own loss?

i spelled out my exact thought process. under the assumption that there is only 1 scum left, my plan is literally no-risk. yours is

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
*isn't

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

sigh, its so tiring having to deal with poor dumbass stg over here, sigh, sigh, maybe he'll think better than to vote me in a mafia game in the future when we inevitably lose as a result of my own actions, but its still not my fault somehow.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
but you are right that my plan doesnt involve being hammered. so ##unvote now that rf has posted to confirm he wont hammer me

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
and ##vote rf

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

sirtommygunn posted:

sigh, its so tiring having to deal with poor dumbass stg over here, sigh, sigh, maybe he'll think better than to vote me in a mafia game in the future when we inevitably lose as a result of my own actions, but its still not my fault somehow.

im really really not saying that. idk what i can change to make you stop hearing that from my posts

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Alright I lost my cool again, I'm not moving my vote or posting again until day end.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
also, you are insisting that i hammer myself or im throwing the game as town.

take a step back and realize that is what you're saying

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

sirtommygunn posted:

Alright I lost my cool again, I'm not moving my vote or posting again until day end.

if you are willing to cause a game-losing no-lunch out of spite, idk what to say

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

I'm taking a step away from the game because I'm angry. I'm sorry I called you an rear end in a top hat, and that I've been an rear end in a top hat for pages now. I still believe absolutely that you are scum. I am going to bed.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
im glad you respect me enough to think im scum, though ive taken some comments personally because im town and you've made comments like "if you're town then you are x y and z lovely thing" which when a person is town you are directly calling them those things!

im also sorry if i was blunt and my tone made you feel attacked. you arent the first person to feel that way, but idk how to change the way i type to fix that. nobody has been able to tell me, just sometimes i rub peoplenthe wrong way or they think im being rude when i literally wasnt and the person can NOT be convinced. its extremely fristrating

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
*wasnt trying to be

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
well ok i did get heated when i said "screw you". i really really hate being accused of gamethrowing just because i have unorthodox methods. i should not have posted that one tho

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
if its entirely my fault that we lose a game, then i'll accept that. i once hosed up lylo real bad because i didnt realize it was lylo, voted someone willy-nilly and then scum easily rushed and won.

nobody called me a game-thrower because it was an honest mistake. and game-throwing is malicious and game-ruining. i would never destroy a mod's hard work like that and i really loathe being accused of that

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i never meant to imply our loss would be your fault if i get lunched and town loses (unless youre scum in which case it would be your fault lol). i just got angry about you pushing all the theoretical blame onto me! there must be a middle-ground there.

but ideally we dont need to consider blame cuz town will win

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Steak I don't always agree with your style but you did annoy the 3P into claiming D1 and that was pretty funny, so kudos

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven
Lol wtf happened. I enjoy the Saturday and all hell breaks loose. Anyhow, I'm scum. Go ahead and end this. I'm not a bomb.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I was just thinking IA is the most likely, everyone else seems like they would have fought harder, but yeah having your scumbud die randomly like that is a bummer and i can see some people throwing in the towel. Me or steak would fight to the last, sci would have a backup plan, I don’t know stg but they seem scrappy, I think IA is being legit.

##vote ia which is too bad I had a really good plan but it was based on there being 2 scum

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i wont hammer ia due to fear of being bombed by a town gambit, so someone else pls do it

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

IA steak will never let that go could you unvote, let him vote you, then hammer yourself svp

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

I had a bloody awful hangover yesterday, looks like I missed a lot of fun

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

I am still in bed, but I will try to do a full re-read later

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
this day has been a right disaster, sci. your absence has caused us to fall further into chaos

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

I think I saw some things about the number of scum left and whether we should NL, and we definitely should not do that regardless of how many scum we think there are:

If there are 2 scum left, that means we are at 2s3t right now, assuming a successful NK, they win.

If there is 1 scum left, we’re at 1s4t, a mislunch means tomorrow is 3 player LYLO: if we NL, we’re just delaying the inevitable (1s3t tomorrow, then we would logically have to NL again) and letting scum pick the people who they take into that situation, which is obviously a bad idea.

For the record, I think four scum and a survivor would be very OP against the town, I don’t see it. I would be very surprised if we had two scum left, but I did make this exact argument as scum to win against Steak as an SK, so I will understand if he particularly doesn’t believe me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Mr. Steak posted:

this day has been a right disaster, sci. your absence has caused us to fall further into chaos

Hopefully I can put together a dry megapost later that can restore us back to boring and sensible mafia, god forbid anyone has any fun on my watch