Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

I'm still scared to go

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
I got a jamon last year. It was amazing, but ultimately too much meat to take and I was unprepared. It was also $50 the day after Christmas...

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

BONGHITZ posted:

I'm still scared to go

Too Costco? Don't be. Just hit them up at you local time off hours. Before people get off work and not days most people have off

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
If Jamonuary is real, I might go jamon-keto for a week.

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Too Costco? Don't be. Just hit them up at you local time off hours. Before people get off work and not days most people have off

Alternatively I took off work on a Thursday to go in the late morning and there was no parking and the place was incredibly packed with people unable to stay 6 ft away. I will not be going back.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Guys the stores are currently setting records for sales. Until after Christmas the stores are pretty much always packed

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

I think Google maps lets you see an estimate for how busy stores are before you navigate to there. You can even get estimates for how busy it will be in the future as well.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

It took me 6 weeks to eat the ham last year, and I took some to both Thanksgiving and Christmas. I also lost a bit to waste. Will be saving up for my future ham -

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Gaius Marius posted:

Guys the stores are currently setting records for sales. Until after Christmas the stores are pretty much always packed

Yeah I went on Friday at noon and it was packed.

Nohearum
Nov 2, 2013

Nitrousoxide posted:

I think Google maps lets you see an estimate for how busy stores are before you navigate to there. You can even get estimates for how busy it will be in the future as well.

In my book the first rule of Church is to never go to Church on Saturday or Sunday

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Yeah, friday was definitely a bit busier than normal when I went.
Also, both of the people in front of me in the checkout line tried to buy more than one pack of toilet paper lol. I guess people are worried about the BIDEN LOCKDOWN

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Yeah, friday was definitely a bit busier than normal when I went.
Also, both of the people in front of me in the checkout line tried to buy more than one pack of toilet paper lol. I guess people are worried about the BIDEN LOCKDOWN

I love that Costco employees enforce that. You get one. That's it.

A few months ago I was going to buy two of those 12 packs or whatever of tuna and they said it was limited to one so I just said sounds good!

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

. I guess people are worried about the BIDEN LOCKDOWN

I’m prepared for the Bidet Lockdown!

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?

binge crotching posted:

I like my jamon so much, my old tinder profile pic was me standing in front of the Museo del Jamon in the Puerta del Sol.

swipin right on DAT HOG

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I love that Costco employees enforce that. You get one. That's it.

A few months ago I was going to buy two of those 12 packs or whatever of tuna and they said it was limited to one so I just said sounds good!

Costco programmed that poo poo into their registers. The cashiers don't even have to worry about enforcing it because the registers won't let them ring up more than one. It's supposed to be a limit of one per membership per day, but the machine only recognizes the limit on a per transaction basis. So technically you could buy the stuff that has a limit, load it up in your car, then go back in and get more.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
That's cool though. So if some rear end in a top hat starts throwing a hissy fit they can just say "It won't even let me ring it up dude."

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

FogHelmut posted:

It took me 6 weeks to eat the ham last year, and I took some to both Thanksgiving and Christmas. I also lost a bit to waste. Will be saving up for my future ham -

Iberico is better, but it's not Serrano+$450 better.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Wait you guys actually get the weird 600 dollar ham legs? I thought those were a joke.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

BONGHITZ posted:

Wait you guys actually get the weird 600 dollar ham legs? I thought those were a joke.

Those are not weird, they are awesome.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

BONGHITZ posted:

Hams no joke son

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Ham for days

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.
Supermarket sweep but me at Costco slamming those jamons into the cart then running to the giant plush bear pit

BeastOfExmoor
Aug 19, 2003

I will be gone, but not forever.
Ugh. Bread lines are back at Washington Costco's.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i went today. didnt pick up anything noteworthy but it was very packed which is expected for a sunday. i guess the paper towel and toilet paper shortage is back. they had 0 of the former and only some generic white box brand of the latter probably the single ply poo poo

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe
I think I did the math wrong and now my gummy vitamins are going to run out in mid December. That’s not a good time to stock up. Not really feeling like a trip this week, but next week is right out, and the next, and the next...

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

durrneez posted:

swipin right on DAT HOG

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

BeastOfExmoor posted:

Ugh. Bread lines are back at Washington Costco's.

I tried to go to the Covington one at open today. At 9:45 the parking lot was completely full and there was a three block line back to the main road to turn in. I said gently caress no and turned around.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

A challenger has appeared!

Salted. Caramel. Gelato. Cake.

Sadly Awful app won’t post pics.

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)
Lol, there is a Kirkland signature Scotty Cameron knockoff putter for $140. Way more than I want to spend, but I kind of want to buy it to proclaim my Costco allegiance.

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

Jingleheimer posted:

Costco programmed that poo poo into their registers. The cashiers don't even have to worry about enforcing it because the registers won't let them ring up more than one. It's supposed to be a limit of one per membership per day, but the machine only recognizes the limit on a per transaction basis. So technically you could buy the stuff that has a limit, load it up in your car, then go back in and get more.

That was probably put in because of their instacart partnership. The runners use their own (or instacart company?) credit cards/memberships to buy poo poo for people. My brother bitched about this incessantly because he could see from the receipt they paid less than what they charged him.

Pro move would be to have a second person with you, and split the order saying half was for them and get around the 1 per person limit.

edit: BUT WHY THE gently caress YOU WOULD NEED 60 ROLLS OF TOILET PAPER IS BEYOND COMPREHENSION

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

My girlfriend and I are now “Costco Married”

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch
the costco by me didnt have a goddamn thing you people talk about. no jamon, no peanut butter mix, no bitchin sauce, no smores.

found these cookie bite things though which are very good and were only like $3

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

John Romero posted:

the costco by me didnt have a goddamn thing you people talk about. no jamon, no peanut butter mix, no bitchin sauce, no smores.

:stare: I would like to know what section you found those in.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
drat those do sound good

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i thought those were like dippin dots at first.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

They look like gourmet Whoppers.

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch

Referee posted:

:stare: I would like to know what section you found those in.

the snacks by the check out

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Cartoon Man posted:

They look like gourmet Whoppers.

Yeah, I'm definitely gonna try those out if I see them

Jigsaw
Aug 14, 2008

John Romero posted:

My Costco has had these for about a month or so. Can confirm they are indeed very good (and correspondingly dangerous if you don’t want to gain a lot of weight very quickly).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe

Chinatown posted:

i thought those were like dippin dots at first.

It's the Milkshake Factory on the label. I'm excited for gourmet whoppers, but not nearly as excited as I was for tiny gourmet ice cream balls.