Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

I guess it's not true that prospects didn't play in 2020. There were the alternate sites during the season, and then the instructional league that just wrapped up.

Here's some notes from the Giants instructional league games
https://twitter.com/hankschulman/status/1327010955536973824

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

seiferguy posted:

In other Kim-related news :v:

https://twitter.com/DanielKimW/status/1327301677800513537

Dude raked as a shortstop in the KBO. I wonder if he can translate that here.

The scouting reports I've seen about Ha-seong are:

-He's a legit GG-caliber SS and there's no reason that shouldn't translate to MLB
-He has a long, fairly loopy swing that works well in the KBO where average FB velo isn't much higher than 91-92, but will make it very difficult to catch up to 95+ heat
-He on paper has the instincts, athleticism, and hand-eye coordination to adjust his swing to be productive vs MLB's higher velo, but swing changes are always a gamble

Personally I think he's worth the risk and would love to have him, but my guess is he'll cost more than nothing which will put him out of the Cubs' reach.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Meanwhile Rick Hahn hires a drunken racist elderly manager.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Sydin posted:

The scouting reports I've seen about Ha-seong are:

-He's a legit GG-caliber SS and there's no reason that shouldn't translate to MLB
-He has a long, fairly loopy swing that works well in the KBO where average FB velo isn't much higher than 91-92, but will make it very difficult to catch up to 95+ heat
-He on paper has the instincts, athleticism, and hand-eye coordination to adjust his swing to be productive vs MLB's higher velo, but swing changes are always a gamble

Personally I think he's worth the risk and would love to have him, but my guess is he'll cost more than nothing which will put him out of the Cubs' reach.

Then do you put Javy at 2B? He's obviously fine there but he's been clear that he prefers SS. Or would you put Ha-seong at 2B at least as a trial?

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004

gently caress yeah

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Now that I thought about it, how do you actually pronounce "Ng"

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Now that I thought about it, how do you actually pronounce "Ng"

Like the eng in english.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Traxis posted:

Like the eng in english.

The answer to the next question is "like win"

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Drunk Canuck posted:

poo poo this is pretty much a step down for her, as she was vice president of baseball operations for the league.

But good luck in righting that ship, Ng.

I mean going from #2 anywhere to #1 somewhere is not a downgrade presuming the ownership lets her work.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

The Marlins finally found someone who'd take 70% of a GM's salary.

gently caress lol

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

What if Jerome Walton made me a champion?

more falafel please posted:

Then do you put Javy at 2B? He's obviously fine there but he's been clear that he prefers SS. Or would you put Ha-seong at 2B at least as a trial?

Just sayin', he's played some 3rd in the KBO.

I'm guessing he costs under 18-20 million a year...

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

GoatSeeGuy posted:

Just sayin', he's played some 3rd in the KBO.

I'm guessing he costs under 18-20 million a year...

No, we're already gonna trade KB and Bote for Arenado.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
https://twitter.com/NorthShoreNine/status/1327318929845473283/photo/1
Me just typing 6 4 times

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
How is John Jaso's boat trip around the world going?

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

more falafel please posted:

He could move to 2B and also has played some 3B in the KBO with success and scouts say he's got the arm for it. Ha-seong sounds like just a really good IF defender in general, loving get him and figure out his position later.

Well Played Mauer
Jun 1, 2003

We'll always have Cabo
Sad that the Mets may no longer be a poo poo show but if davecrazy and Jefferson Olives come back it’ll be some consolation.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Sydin posted:

He could move to 2B and also has played some 3B in the KBO with success and scouts say he's got the arm for it. Ha-seong sounds like just a really good IF defender in general, loving get him and figure out his position later.

the cubs are going to bring in Dan Uggla to play second if he's available on a Veteran's Minimum.

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

What if Jerome Walton made me a champion?

Sydin posted:

The other tidbit I keep seeing about him is that best case scenario he’s going to struggle with velocity early on and will have adjust, if he can.

Just like every other Cub hitter!

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

3 Simons all mesmerized by the power of Stairs Gut

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Uh I think the instructions are pretty clear. You can only choose Thrilledge. You only need Thrilledge.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
I really liked milledge lol I was excited for him at the time

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

GalacticAcid posted:

The day he called up I went to Shea to see him. Thought it was going to be the start of an era.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

davecrazy posted:

The day he called up I went to Shea to see him. Thought it was going to be the start of an era.

I was so hyped when the Nats got him... but not as hyped as when I pulled that same starry eyed move the day the O’s called up Matt “Joe Mauer with power” Wieters and bought a shirsey :shepspends:

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

GalacticAcid posted:

the first thing i saw on sny was a profile on him and yeah, i thought he was gonna be a big deal

https://twitter.com/Dodgers/status/1328012344287346689

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

The Dodgers finally won again so Tommy’s cursed soul is being released.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
I'm still extremely pissed at Tommy Lasorda for turning his son's death into yet another forgotten statistic of the AIDS epidemic. What a waste.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

I'm still extremely pissed at Tommy Lasorda for turning his son's death into yet another forgotten statistic of the AIDS epidemic. What a waste.
The organization of course was never going to have the conviction to distance themselves from him over this, but once he finally dies we at least don’t have to see him carted out there a couple times a year to soak up applause. And thankfully he’s no longer the last Dodgers manager to win a World Series.

This franchise has plenty of other “living legends” to milk nostalgia from without having to elevate one with such a reprehensible personal history.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

GoatSeeGuy posted:

The other tidbit I keep seeing about him is that best case scenario he’s going to struggle with velocity early on and will have adjust, if he can.

Just like every other Cub hitter!

Can't be any worse than Austin Riley

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

https://twitter.com/JayZawaski670/status/1328349036605267971

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

The Hall of Fame ballot was released today and I have decided that Buehrle-Morris comps are the best way to troll Jack Morris and his stans this year.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Mark Buehrle should be in the HOF

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Vote for Aramis you cowards

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

https://twitter.com/Globies/status/1328354639033626624

he can really do it all

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Smyly to Atlanta, 1 year, $11m

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Dang, was hoping the Cubs would bring him back. It's a stupid small sample but he pitched really well this season and added a ton of velo. Like he went from sitting 90-91 to touching 96. :eyepop:

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Seems like a really good pickup based on the small sample from this year, just as long as he isn’t his 2019 self.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

R.D. Mangles posted:

Vote for Aramis you cowards

He has a higher career OPS than Harold Baines!

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Aramis is incredibly underrated, IMO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Aramis, Bonds, and AJ Burnett all get votes from me. Nobody else