Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

imo wikipedia has a serious problem with how it managed its biography articles about women

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
past tense?

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Sham bam bamina! posted:

like that's all before even the table of contents

Joe Biden does rape like the start of a Bond movie

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Lutha Mahtin posted:

imo wikipedia has a serious problem with how it manages its articles

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Lutha Mahtin posted:

imo wikipedia has a serious problem with women

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Although the name is spelled with an accent like the Italian sauce, ragù, the brand name Ragú is spelled with an acute accent, while the Italian word ragù (an Italian sauce typically used for dressing pasta) is spelled with a grave accent.

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Schadenboner posted:

Lutha Mahtin posted:

imo wikipedia has a serious problem with women

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

You are about to embark on a great journey. Are you ready, my friend?

prefect posted:

Although the name is spelled with an accent like the Italian sauce, ragù, the brand name Ragú is spelled with an acute accent, while the Italian word ragù (an Italian sauce typically used for dressing pasta) is spelled with a grave accent.

ragű

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

Drinking games

There is a drinking game based on Russian roulette. The game involves six shot glasses filled by a non-player. Five are filled with water, the sixth with vodka. Among some groups, low quality vodka is preferred as it makes the glass representing the filled chamber less desirable. The glasses are arranged in a circle, and players take turns choosing a glass to take a shot from at random.[38]

There is also a game called "Beer Hunter" (titled after the Russian roulette scenes in the film The Deer Hunter). In this game, six cans of beer are placed between the participants. One can is vigorously shaken, and the cans are scrambled. The participants take turns opening the cans of beer right under their noses; the person who opens the shaken can (and sprays beer up their nose) is deemed the loser.[39]

Tommah
Mar 29, 2003

raguwu

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
In a 2004 interview with Dale Whitehouse, spokesman of O Entertainment, he said that Oedekerk showed interest in making "Superthumb" (a parody of Superman), "Spiderthumb" (a parody of Spider-Man), "Jaws Thumb" (a parody of Jaws), "Viva Thumb Vegas" (a parody of Viva Las Vegas), "Thumbbusters" (a parody of Ghostbusters), "Catthumb" (a parody of Catwoman), and "Thumb America" (a parody of Captain America).[1]

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dril#%22Corncob%22

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

According to Brian Resnick of The Atlantic, Guiteau "worshiped" the group's founder, John Humphrey Noyes, once writing that he had "perfect, entire and absolute confidence in him in all things".

Despite the "group marriage" aspects of that sect, he was generally rejected during his five years there, and his name was turned into a play on words to create the nickname "Charles Gitout"

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
At work one day when on lunch break, Jimmy witnesses a rap battle in which an employee insults a gay co-worker, Paul. Jimmy joins the battle and defends Paul. Alex is impressed by Jimmy's actions and they have sex.

Syd Midnight
Sep 23, 2005

I'm sure this must have been posted here before, but someone made a wikipedia article for their fictional garage band.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Smoking_Stump

I am pleased that it slipped beneath the radar because I can imagine the fury it would cause in the Notability crowd

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
well now you’ve given it the kiss of death

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Place your bets on how many hours it'll be before Wikipedia deletes that page, since the moment it was mentioned in this thread.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

should've used more cowbell

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Carbon dioxide posted:

Place your bets on how many hours it'll be before Wikipedia deletes that page, since the moment it was mentioned in this thread.

it’s gone!

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

lol shockingly not dragonflysuckdydick

lmao at the awards page for the admin that deleted it tho

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Am I the one at fault? What about me is wrong?
Buglord
The official Russian dub of foreign films is commonly stripped of all profanities by the studios, a practice which not only waters down the director's vision but also confuses the audience, as colorful colloquial expressions are lost in the word-for-word translation, bearing little similarity with the original. Goblin's use of semantic translation prevents important plot points from becoming distorted, as villains unintentionally are transformed into comical characters when the official profanity free Russian dub fails to convey the original meaning.

There are several widely known funny examples of this softened translations, like this dialogue in Commando:
— gently caress you! rear end in a top hat! — Прощайся с жизнью! (Say "good bye" to your life!)
— gently caress YOU! rear end in a top hat! — Это ты прощайся с жизнью! (Say "good bye" to your life yourself!)

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

we seriously need to figure out which goon is the snitch

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

Lutha Mahtin posted:

we seriously need to figure out which goon is the snitch

sounds like something a snitch would say

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Malleum posted:

The official Russian dub of foreign films is commonly stripped of all profanities by the studios, a practice which not only waters down the director's vision but also confuses the audience, as colorful colloquial expressions are lost in the word-for-word translation, bearing little similarity with the original. Goblin's use of semantic translation prevents important plot points from becoming distorted, as villains unintentionally are transformed into comical characters when the official profanity free Russian dub fails to convey the original meaning.

There are several widely known funny examples of this softened translations, like this dialogue in Commando:
— gently caress you! rear end in a top hat! — Прощайся с жизнью! (Say "good bye" to your life!)
— gently caress YOU! rear end in a top hat! — Это ты прощайся с жизнью! (Say "good bye" to your life yourself!)

lol that happens here also and it owns. i’m not sure i’d call it a „dub” because it’s one person providing all the voices

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
doesn't have to be a goon at all, yospos is visible when not logged in

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
I want a hired gun wikipedian to eliminate the mole

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

haveblue posted:

doesn't have to be a goon at all, yospos is visible when not logged in

i just assumed it was some pathetic lurker yeah

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Am I the one at fault? What about me is wrong?
Buglord
The Anti-Terrorist Brigade (Brigada Antitero), also known as BAT is SRI`s Special Actions Unit and the main anti-terrorist unit from Romania. Created during the mid `70s (as a response to the 1972 Munich Massacre) under the name of ARTA, the unit has changed its name later into The Special Anti-Terrorist Unit (USLA - Unitatea Specială de Luptă Antiteroristă).

Eight USLA members were killed during the Romanian Revolution in December 1989.

The size of the brigade is classified, but it is known that the unit has in ranks the best operatives from the Romanian military and law enforcement sector. Most of them are athletes, with excellent results in sports such as boxing, karate, rugby, judo and other combat sports.

Also, the brigade is providing security on all important airports from Romania and members of the brigade are working as air marshals on all Romanian flights.

the imminent huh
Apr 6, 2016

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

i just assumed it was some pathetic lurker yeah

hey, i may be pathetic, but i'm no snitch!

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
the danes cook of martial arts

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
Other animals Edit

Osteoarthritis has been reported in fossils of the large carnivorous dinosaur Allosaurus fragilis.[159]

(that’s the entire section)

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
is that why it’s called fragilis?

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

You are about to embark on a great journey. Are you ready, my friend?
The annual revenue of the love hotel industry in Japan is estimated at more than $40 billion,[33] a figure double that of Japan's anime market.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
big if true

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Worst or Best?

quote:

The Coleman Frog (also known as Cornelia Webster) is a 19 kg (42 lb) taxidermy frog on display at the Fredericton Region Museum in Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada since 1959. It was previously owned by a man named Fred Coleman, who ran a nearby lodge in the 1880s.

Description
The frog was captured from Killarney Lake, at which time it weighed 7.3 pounds (3.3 kg). Supposedly, the immense size of the frog was caused by the fact that Coleman fed it whiskey, baked beans, june bugs, buttermilk toddies, and whey. It is said that the Giant frog used to tow canoes and race against tomcat. It died in a "dynamite accident" and was sent to Bangor, Maine to be stuffed.

Controversy
Skeptics say that the frog is a fake that was used to promote a cough syrup that would "relieve the frog in your throat". In a 1988 report, the Canadian Conservative Institute refers to the artifact as consisting of canvas, wax, and paint. In a letter it refers the exhibit as “an amusing example of a colossal fake and deception”. The museum will not allow DNA testing to be performed on the frog, to confirm if it is real or a fake.

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

The rollercoaster is known best for its name and its unique dog-flatulence-related theme.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

The Leck posted:

The rollercoaster is known best for its name and its unique dog-flatulence-related theme.

hell, same

awesomeolion
Nov 5, 2007

"Hi, I'm awesomeolion."

The suicide attack is also an accepted method of fighting and this is largely attributed to Japan's highly militaristic society as demonstrated by the samurai system with its bushido code

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

please read the caption of this image

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mule#/media/File:Juancito.jpg

and dragonflysixtyseven, if you go in and delete that compliment about the lovely Juancito, i will personally come to your house in minecraft and poo poo in your bed and wreck up the place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
speaking of images, here's a specific kind of fast food burger

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Checkers_and_Rally%27s#/media/File:Big_Buford_burger_from_Checkers.jpg