Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

deirdre, one of my two starting villagers, moved out yesterday. decided it was time to let her and billy go since they are in the lovely generic houses. spent twnety nook miles tickets hoping to find either scoot or coco before i finally gave up.

today, the house has been sold...to fuckin ankha. i'm not even a huge fan of hers but i guess i'm obligated to keep her lmfao.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

ChickenDoodle posted:

I'm apparently having a super lucky day so come share in it! Apollo is currently making a cute rose crown which is something I didn't have!

Dodo code: closed

Come help yourself to the DIY! Say hello to our newest villagers Bud, Julian, and Phoebe! Shake my trees and get some bees!

(If you have any spare autumn or mushroom recipes I will take those off your hands >_>)

It turned out I already had the DIY but enjoyed my stay anyhow, thanks for opening!

Melicious
Nov 18, 2005
Ugh, stop licking my hand, you horse's ass!

Poo In An Alleyway posted:

I have the mush lamp and the wreath as doubles if you want them? I’m struggling to get the rest as well :(

I have the wreath but would love the mush lamp, thank you!

Meanwhile I got THREE shell arch DIYs yesterday. Have had it for months.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
thanks for taking my crap. shout out to the dude who dumped junk they didn't want so they could pluck more flowers for truly understanding the spirit of scabb island; once i hunt you down personally and keelhaul you, there will be a statue commissioned of you for the town square in honor of your chaotic energy

i wish i could just have free digging on or something so people could run off with those flower arrangements since they are spreading like kudzu and im losing the battle against them

please vandalize my message board next time, also. nobody ever does and im always sad to not see new shitposts on there. ill probably open again in not too long since i want to get below 1k items; ill order some stuff so there's some cool things to grab between the piles of clothing

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
I'm thinking it might be time to muck out some flowers, myself. There are too many yellow ones and I don't like yellow.

My island is in such a state of flux now. I have mushrooms so maybe it's time to set up a place to trip outside.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

Squats posted:

Speaking of, I'm currently in June in game and have been slowly going through doing two Reese & Cyrus wedding photoshoots per in game day like the above WrestleMania Wedding. Would people find it annoying if I posted some of them in here occasionally?

Poque posted:

People's silly art creations are the best part of this thread, keep em coming

There is always room for more fanart, creative screenshots, whatever in the OP. :justpost:

For instance: Diana, off to the shops

jackhunter64 fucked around with this message at 09:40 on Nov 16, 2020

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Just made 300k selling my coelacanth and sturgeon pile to CJ. Nice.

Everything looks so pretty with the falling leaves now! I'm sure I'll be sick of them really quickly but right now it's just lovely.

e: and then Lucky suggested he could leave. No. You sit your zombie rear end right back down. You are going nowhere, buddy.

Black Robe fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Nov 16, 2020

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Bianca asked me if she could leave this morning, please someone take this incredibly sassy tiger, or snow leopard or whatever.

I think she had some creative differences with Rosie, or thats at least thats the reason I'm making up in my head.

CherryCola
Apr 15, 2002

'ahtaj alshifa
all I want is the tree's bounty arch :( :( :(

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I didn’t get the maple leaves announcement from Isabelle this morning since I had a camper. I’m under the impression that you don’t get it (and the free DIY) if you learn a DIY of the set before you get the announcement. So of course I popped one balloon today and it was the leaf stool. It’s currently sitting in my inventory unlearned and I’m hoping that I will still get Isabelle’s announcement tomorrow...

yippeekiyaymf
May 16, 2002

You seriously have issues.

Go catch more racoons in a net and step away from the computer.
I really don’t like the random balloon DIYs.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
I didn't get a loving thing out of the three goddamn balloons I popped today except for clay, Isabelle didn't give me poo poo, and my camper was fugly and unmemorable. MONDAYS!

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

You can force the game to spawn balloons, they spawn at times that end in 4 or 9 so :04, :09, :14, :19 etc and if you pop a balloon then go into a building for a few seconds then exit the game will almost always spawn another balloon at the next spawn time. They take about 60-90 seconds to reach the shore after spawning. That’s how I’ve gotten almost all of the fall & mushroom DIY’s.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

You can force the game to spawn balloons, they spawn at times that end in 4 or 9 so :04, :09, :14, :19 etc and if you pop a balloon then go into a building for a few seconds then exit the game will almost always spawn another balloon at the next spawn time. They take about 60-90 seconds to reach the shore after spawning. That’s how I’ve gotten almost all of the fall & mushroom DIY’s.

I keep seeing variations of this and everyone says different times.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Black Robe posted:

I keep seeing variations of this and everyone says different times.

I can confirm that :04 & :09 are correct based on the past couple of weeks of testing this and having them always spawn at the same times.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

I can confirm that :04 & :09 are correct based on the past couple of weeks of testing this and having them always spawn at the same times.

Yeah. If you head to the proper beach at :05 or :00 you'll see em so long as one has spawned. Spawn rate appears to be about 66% at those times.

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
Did they add an anti cheat to time traveling? Went back in the same day to not lose a vacant spot to a random villager and all the nook isle rocks give me clay and iron; no stone

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

CherryCola posted:

all I want is the tree's bounty arch :( :( :(

loving SAME. Where is it?! I balloon farm and still no dice.

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so
You don’t have to go in a building or anything. I just stand on the shore and run up and down on the 5s and more often than not there’s a balloon.

And yeah it appears the balloons spawn at 04 and 09 but they always hit the shore right on 05 and 00 for me. Iv had like fifteen balloons so far today and haven’t been at it that long.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Desperate Character posted:

Did they add an anti cheat to time traveling? Went back in the same day to not lose a vacant spot to a random villager and all the nook isle rocks give me clay and iron; no stone

I think Nook Island rocks are weighted much more heavily toward clay/iron, while home rocks are weighted toward stone/iron. That's more anecdotal though

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

So Isabelle announced today about the maple leaf festival, but obviously couldn’t announce that we’d be having a stonking big meteor shower on Fiorina tonight, which is unfortunate but understandable. So, come over, make some wishes, wander about, catch some maple leaves etc.

Always appreciate some drawings and stupid poo poo on my bulletin board!

e: I just found Celeste wandering around, she’s now penned in to the right of my campsite by my pumpkin patch (area C6)

Dodo code in PGS thread.

Poo In An Alleyway fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Nov 17, 2020

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

MY FAT WAIFU!!! :love:
She's fetish efficient :3:

Nap Ghost
YEEEEEEeeeees! Finally got a fuckin' Golden Trout :black101:

Now excuse me while I dash out to buy a lottery ticket while the getting is good...

And of course, for all the hundreds of bait expended previously, I was just mooching around waiting for balloons and idly netting Maple leaves when a medium silhouette caught my eye.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Rosie asked if she should leave this morning and my spouse and I both shouted “NO!” simultaneously.

Also, if mushroom DIYs are done, does anyone have any extras they could spare? We have plenty of mystery fossils, assessed fossils, a bunch of DIYs and clothing, some furniture, Nook Mile tickets, pumpkins of all colors coming out of our asses, etc.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I haven't played in over a month (turned on and played 2x last month, missed haloween entirely) - has anything new been added since then? Do we finally have the café yet?

edit: oh mushrooms are finally here?

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

I haven't played in over a month (turned on and played 2x last month, missed haloween entirely) - has anything new been added since then? Do we finally have the café yet?

edit: oh mushrooms are finally here?

Mushrooms and leaves both

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Rosie asked if she should leave this morning and my spouse and I both shouted “NO!” simultaneously.

Also, if mushroom DIYs are done, does anyone have any extras they could spare? We have plenty of mystery fossils, assessed fossils, a bunch of DIYs and clothing, some furniture, Nook Mile tickets, pumpkins of all colors coming out of our asses, etc.

Mushrooms are still on for the rest of the month. The reason I tried to get all the DIYs before today was because right now they overlap with the maple leaf stuff and those are only around for 10 days.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

With the Mushroom, Maple Leaf and the other Fall DIYs, there's a grand total of 30 DIYs you could get in this time period.

Zaroff
Nov 10, 2009

Nothing in the world can stop me now!
Does anyone else have issues where villagers will start doing something and never stop? On Saturday I was trying to gift one of my villagers who was sitting and listening to KK, and they stayed there for hours without getting up. Today I have a similar issue where a villager has remained in Nook's Cranny all afternoon. Going into buildings doesn't reset them, and restarting the game seems a cumbersome way to get them to cooperate.

It feels like it begun around the last big 1.5 update, but I'm not sure whether my village is just weird, or it's something more widespread.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Jeez I'll probably get in again and play a bit then. I had the grumpy monkey with the autumn wallpaper and mushroom furniture as one of my OG neighbors and he never gave any of that up, so I guess I'll finally be able to get some of it. I'll probably time travel back to October to do Halloween as well.

I just really wish the neighbors had more varying personalities like the older games. It's the thing that has made me so disinterested in this one. :sigh:

edit:

Zaroff posted:

Does anyone else have issues where villagers will start doing something and never stop? On Saturday I was trying to gift one of my villagers who was sitting and listening to KK, and they stayed there for hours without getting up. Today I have a similar issue where a villager has remained in Nook's Cranny all afternoon. Going into buildings doesn't reset them, and restarting the game seems a cumbersome way to get them to cooperate.

It feels like it begun around the last big 1.5 update, but I'm not sure whether my village is just weird, or it's something more widespread.

Months ago I had Nate stuck in a loop of trying on different sunglasses for around 10 minutes or so no matter what I did. He just kept spinning and switching sunglasses. I forget what I did to suddenly make him stop.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

lmao yep

https://twitter.com/Kaiju_Sommelier/status/1244433415081873408?s=20

edit: I went into the tent and then came back out and the bear then wore the raincoat and gave me a book as a gift.

Found it.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Are mushroom DIYs gone or just less likely now that leaves have been added? I barely got any, the villagers all had repeats and my balloons were filled with garbage

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Zaroff posted:

Did you not talk to the villager in Nook's Cranny? I think I've seen them stay in there if I never bother to talk to them. With the K.K. thing I actually usually see them stay seated watching him for hours but sometimes they'll get up after a short time.

Hobo Clown posted:

Are mushroom DIYs gone or just less likely now that leaves have been added? I barely got any, the villagers all had repeats and my balloons were filled with garbage
You can still get mushroom stuff. I've been getting several duplicate mushroom recipes while trying to farm for the leaf stuff and it's very annoying.

J-Spot fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Nov 16, 2020

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Zaroff posted:

Edit: for some reason I managed to forget the last thing I read. No, this has always been the case for me sometimes. Which is why I'm used to just opening my gates or or restarting my session.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

J-Spot posted:

You can still get mushroom stuff. I've been getting several duplicate mushroom recipes while trying to farm for the leaf stuff and it's very annoying.

You interested in selling some? I got the bells :shepspends:

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Hobo Clown posted:

You interested in selling some? I got the bells :shepspends:

I already pawned them off at Nooks. I'll try to hang onto them if I get more.

Zaroff
Nov 10, 2009

J-Spot posted:

Did you not talk to the villager in Nook's Cranny? I think I've seen them stay in there if I never bother to talk to them. With the K.K. thing I actually usually see them stay seated watching him for hours but sometimes they'll get up after a short time.

...I think so? I've just spoken to him now so we will see what happens.

Zaroff
Nov 10, 2009

Prowler posted:

Edit: for some reason I managed to forget the last thing I read. No, this has always been the case for me sometimes. Which is why I'm used to just opening my gates or or restarting my session.

I've not tried the gates thing but I'll try that next time - thanks! I just want to give Merry her gift so she will love me enough to give me her photo :(

Stool Sample
Nov 8, 2006

EVERYONE Poops!?

Lipstick Apathy
Redd is visiting Amity today, and brought the following:

Wistful Painting (fake)
Scenic Painting (fake)
Moody Painting (real)

Feel free to buy anything from the shops and pick any fruit or flowers, but leave the weeds and mushrooms please!
Also, if anyone has a cutting board and/or wooden table DIY they are willing to part with, it would be much appreciated!

DODO code: closed

Stool Sample fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Nov 17, 2020

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Bloon defense penguin

https://i.imgur.com/o0gSjtR.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
It's my birthday! 11/16!