Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Does anyone have a recommendation for a good HDMI multiswitch where the 4K and HDR from the PS5 passes through? Too many things hooked up here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!

Astro7x posted:

Does anyone have a recommendation for a good HDMI multiswitch where the 4K and HDR from the PS5 passes through? Too many things hooked up here

A good AV receiver.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

There's probably something like a manufacture date somewhere on the box, I wonder if a certain batch is more prone to crashing.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Astro7x posted:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0831FCRW2

This is what I use. Doesn’t do hdmi2.1 though if that matters to you.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...

Soysaucebeast posted:

Man I was doing random refreshes and got in the queue with 7 minutes to go and it was sold out when I got through. I had no idea a queue even went up. I even have Wario64 set up to send me notifications when he tweets and I got nothing. Dangit.

Wario is a gift and a curse at this point. So many people started following him to explicitly track PS5 stock so jumping on an alert from him isn't much of a guarantee of anything.

hcreight fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Nov 16, 2020

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Gutcruncher posted:

From what I understand, the Xbox requires one-time online activations for disc games.

sneaky, i hadn't heard they brought that back (if a fair bit more reasonable than the original xbone plan)

that doesn't affect the used market, right?

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Rinkles posted:

sneaky, i hadn't heard they brought that back (if a fair bit more reasonable than the original xbone plan)

that doesn't affect the used market, right?

It shouldn’t, at least not until 20 years down the line when the activation server shuts down.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i have not had any crashes on my ps5, only technical difficulty knock on wood was there was one point where i beat a level in astrobot and it went to a black screen and didnt load to hub. when i closed the game and reopened it picked up right where it left off adding my artifacts to the labo

univbee posted:

Miles Morales save migration auto-pops ALL trophies you earned on PS4 once the import completes successfully. So you can effectively double your cheevos with no effort if you play through the game on PS4.

semi related i transferred my destiny 2 char to xbox and logged into it for the first time when beyond light came out and it popped like 20 trophies which caused the opening cinematic to stutter the whole time was weird

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Gutcruncher posted:

It shouldn’t, at least not until 20 years down the line when the activation server shuts down.

seems like a major flaw if your console can be bricked by a ddos attack on a computer hundreds of miles away but i am not a games scientist

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Waltzing Along posted:

A good AV receiver.

I'd prefer not to, and just let everything go into the TV and then HDMI ARC out to my 5.1 setup. It's so nice to not have to gently caress with an audio inputs on a receiver.

Gutcruncher posted:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0831FCRW2

This is what I use. Doesn’t do hdmi2.1 though if that matters to you.

Hmm... looks like my LG OLED (OLED55B7A) only does 4K 60fps for external sources, and 4K 120Hz for internal sources. So I wouldn't be able to take advantage of any PS5 games that can do 4K 120Hz over HDMI 2.1 anyway.

Anyway, I have a built in wall cabinet and hooking all this stuff up. Yes, the Kinect and Wii U still get used regularly with my 6 year old daughter. I'd love to find a HDMI splitter that works and lets split off the PS5 signal so that one path goes 4K HDR to the TV in one input and another goes through the PSVR. But so far everything I've found doesn't work

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
hope some of you american goons can pick up uk ps5 stock on wednesday/thursday. i give you permisison to go for it! because i got mine from pre-ordering since june, that should tell you how you're not gonna get one because our stores over here are NOT full of insane bullshit and know what the meaning of the phrase "queue" is, but good luck!

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS
My launch day order from Best Buy Canada just got dropped off. :yeshaha:

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

TheCenturion posted:

My launch day order from Best Buy Canada just got dropped off. :yeshaha:

I think I'm getting it today.. I hope.. kind of wish it was just shipping right to my house, I went with store pickup assuming it would be quicker but now it's just an extra layer of fuckup and added time potential since they are just using a shipping company to ship to the store. loving Walmart Canada has entirely hosed this up.

Feb 2, 2005
I've had a single crash in Demon's Souls and I definitely caused it by warping around the archstones as fast as I possibly could just to marvel at the insane loading times. After 10 or so "leaps" it crashed. Nothing that would happen in normal play.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Quote posted:

I've had a single crash in Demon's Souls and I definitely caused it by warping around the archstones as fast as I possibly could just to marvel at the insane loading times. After 10 or so "leaps" it crashed. Nothing that would happen in normal play.

that's interesting, but it feels like it should have been an expected case by Sony or Bluepoint

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

drat I was just waiting for two hours getting my car fully serviced and I decided to try remote play on my phone. Played some Sackboy and Crash 2. I didn't think it would be particularly playable on a drat touchscreen, but it was entirely manageable! I was on lovely free auto dealership wifi and there was very little lag and only a couple video hiccups. This rules!

I do wonder why the hell they won't just let me use 4g to do it though. That would have been a better signal than Hyundai was giving me.

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Oh dang, I'd nibble that cheese

So far I've only had two issues. Once when waking from sleep I had really awful framerate stuttering on Demon's Souls. I fully closed it and relaunched and it fixed.

The second was a weird crash in COD Cold War. I loaded into a multiplayer map and my controller froze completely and my guy was just walking in one direction on it's own. Had to hard reset to be able to use the controller again.

Not too terrible for a launch console tbh.

Iacen
Mar 19, 2009

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Amazon just confirmed lauch delivery. I won't have to look at the cases for MM and Assassin's Creed: Viking-palooza much longer :woop:

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
It'd be nice if they'd release a remote play app on the Switch now that the Vita is extra dead

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

hatty posted:

It'd be nice if they'd release a remote play app on the Switch now that the Vita is extra dead

Isn't the bad blood between Sony and Nintendo from the 90s very much still there? I can't see them getting friendly the way Nintendo and MS have.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
Got my ps5 preorder last night finally :woop:

Man this thing really is ugly when it's on its side. With the stand it looks super awkward. Luckily it fits into one of the open compartments in my entertainment unit.

But the controller and the loading times more than make up for that. Only played a bit of astrobot and demons souls so far. One crash while just browing the home screen, which is a bit concerning.

Also, yeah the disk drive is pretty loud when installing and when the system boots up. Not as loud as in that video and its super quiet otherwise. Idk if thats normal or not.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Bananasaurus Rex posted:

Man this thing really is ugly when it's on its side. With the stand it looks super awkward. Luckily it fits into one of the open compartments in my entertainment unit.

But the controller and the loading times more than make up for that. Only played a bit of astrobot and demons souls so far. One crash while just browing the home screen, which is a bit concerning.

Also, yeah the disk drive is pretty loud when installing and when the system boots up. Not as loud as in that video and its super quiet otherwise. Idk if thats normal or not.

I like it when it is horizontal and that’s how I have mine setup, but I’m assuming since I have the Digital version, it doesn’t look like it has a tumor.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

I had a couple of crashes on Miles Morales this weekend. I came out of rest mode in game and received a notification that a Bugsnax update was downloading. Miles kind of lagged for a few seconds then froze requiring a system reboot. Went back into the game and it froze again on the title screen of all places. Did another reboot and this time I waited until I got the notification that the Bugsnax update had finished downloading. Haven’t had the issue since.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!

Bananasaurus Rex posted:

The drive is loud enough that I decided to keep my blu-ray player.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

I think Home Screen crashes may be related to an active download going. That’s my guess as it happened a few times when I was downloading all my games, but not since then. Just a total guess though.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

hcreight posted:

Isn't the bad blood between Sony and Nintendo from the 90s very much still there? I can't see them getting friendly the way Nintendo and MS have.

Nintendo would balk for the same reason they told xbox, who they are best buds with now, no about gamepass and xcloud earlier this summer. They want to sell you game A for full price and take the royalty, they don't want a couple pennies from your monthly gamepass sub or zero money from a ps remote app to play the same game streaming or god forbid you get really into a streamed game bought on another platform and don't buy anything else from them for a long time.

a homebrew app would definitely be possible if you have a launch switch with the simple paperclip vulnerability

Terrene
May 1, 2009
Any word of PS direct getting more units in stock today? :f5:

Sychopath
Sep 27, 2000

Terrene posted:

it happened about 3 hours ago.

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.

Volte posted:

I've had one crash that happened while leveling up, no external drive. I assume it's just a bug in the game and not anything with the PS5 itself.

Did Demon's Souls always have no fall damage on enemies? There's high platform towards the end of 1-1 where you can knock a crossbowman off and he falls like 70 feet and doesn't even take chip damage from what I can tell. But then the player also seems to take a lot less fall damage than what I'm used to from Dark Souls games so maybe I just haven't played Demon's Souls in long enough that I'm forgetting things.

It still has fall damage, as far as I can tell. The distance between taking almost no damage and death can be hard to judge. If you bait some of the dreglings to lunge at you near the top of the shortcut tower in 1-1 and get them to fall off, they will die.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

Terrene posted:

They haven't put up a check back message yet like they have on previous days, so it's a maybe. I'm off from work today and have the page sitting on autorefresh to give myself my best shot today. The established workarounds for the queue no longer work (escape key, noscript), which I'm hoping means you have a good shot if you are in on a stock drop immediately and already have the page up.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.
nothing

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

So is Miles Morales as good as the last Spiderman that Insomnia made? Better?

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

ethanol posted:

I think Home Screen crashes may be related to an active download going. That’s my guess as it happened a few times when I was downloading all my games, but not since then. Just a total guess though.

Hmm yeah thats when mine crashed too. Was installing spider-man off disc and had digital downloads queued as well.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

black.lion posted:

It’s not quite grabbing me as much as the original did (which I’m replaying now too, because drat that’s a great game) but it’s still pretty good.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

black.lion posted:

It's pretty much the same game plus the venom and invisibility powers and better graphics. If you liked Spider-Man you'll enjoy it, but if you didn't it won't change your mind.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

black.lion posted:

Its better imo. Combat has way more for you to do so it feels way less samey.

Idc about the story its awkward teen/family poo poo this time instead of awkward young man poo poo but it feels about the same

The slow segments that took you away from being spidey are all gone. No alt characters with half baked gameplay. Puzzles are now environmental instead of like on a computer so you use your super powers to move big poo poo and power it up etc. side challenges feel like they give way better rewards

The original was like a solid 8 for me and this so far has been 8.5-9ish idk. Its still just a "stare at spidermans head and dodge when it flashes the spider sense" simulator at its core, its not like a completely different game.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

black.lion posted:

So far it’s awesome but definitely more of what worked. The intro sequence was jaw dropping with all the switching between interiors and exteriors. Very well done so far. I’m not too deep in because I’m bouncing between games.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

the only way to get a ps5 is to never log off. those who log off will be punished for their weakness

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i think the big setpieces in this one are better and there are more cooler combat animations. seems more difficult though, or at least they ramp up the difficulty quicker assuming you've played the first

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WalletBeef
Jun 11, 2005

So what's the strategy with Sony Direct? Just log in and refresh periodically and hope for the best?