Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

it's kind of got a samurai jack feel to it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

It's a good thing for Mookie no one's publishing this crap because they'd force him to get back to the actual story and end this pointless derail. It's been a quarter of a year since this pointless plot derail started and we're no closer to figuring out what the legacy actually is.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
In a complete vacuum, yeah, I’d say this is a nice page. But this is a comic; sequential art. By loving definition pages are not meant to be taken in a vacuum and are meant to be contextualized alongside the pages before and after and their place and role in the overall story/work.

So yeah, still trash.

FlocksOfMice
Feb 3, 2009
Exciting news from the future: nothing happens this week at all.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

FlocksOfMice posted:

Exciting news from the future: nothing ever happens

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
Well, he's gotta post -something- while he spins his wheels and thinks about what happens next in the story

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

TBH, all jokes about him never changing aside? I feel like he might have benefited from cutting down to two (or even one) updates/week, to at least try to learn the art of doing more with less. Or at least shrink this interminable filler.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

That's... Actually not bad. Of course the fact that the only thing I've seen of this that is just 'not bad' has nothing to do with what 'story' has been going on so far is pretty indicative.

But, it's not bad.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Joe Slowboat posted:

This beat is common in a lot of visual media; it’s immediately comprehensible and makes you feel invested in the characters because you immediately sympathize with the experience. I mean, usually. In this context it makes me feel nothing because I want them to stare up into the sky until they drown like chickens, but, if this page were much earlier in the comic and the characters weren’t an abusive corpsedaughterwife and Snout, it would be mildly compelling.

excuse u

chickens don't drown looking up in rain, they get super excited that water is pooling on the ground and peck at it and then they get wet and smelly.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Samovar posted:

That's... Actually not bad. Of course the fact that the only thing I've seen of this that is just 'not bad' has nothing to do with what 'story' has been going on so far is pretty indicative.

But, it's not bad.

Does this count for the "almost good, but flubs it at the end" space on the bingo card?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

amigolupus posted:

Does this count for the "almost good, but flubs it at the end" space on the bingo card?

That's the thing tho. It's not really flubbed.

I mean, I'm sure it will be next strip. But not this one.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Where is Snout even going? Just walk forward and hopefully run into something?

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

that's how it is in the mild edge
pointless wandering for days

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
Mookie's stuck, because he doesn't even really have an antagonist he can bring in to monolog or drop some Scooby Doo Villain clues for Snout to follow. Snot doesn't even have any real reason to hurry because there's nothing at stake except his own "curiosity."

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Don't fall into the trap of praising Mookie when he does something vaguely competent. You're just setting yourself up for disappointment.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

It’s the long, meandering journey, not the insultingly stupid destination.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
You get the feeling Mookie forgot the original reason for the week of walking was that Snout was traveling from one library to another. Like I think he forgot Immediately, cause Snout still doesn't have the book he actually wants:

None of those places are in the Wild Edge, so after spending a week agonizing over leaving his familiar surroundings Snout finally gets going...then completely abandons his mission to go to Mongreltown. It's been over a year and Snout hasn't mentioned that book once, or given any indication that he's heading towards those libraries.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Rotten Red Rod posted:

I thought at least they were captured and held prisoner by Badwitch and Skullet, but I guess they're ok? They didn't seem to indicate they were in any danger in their dream messages. Dunno, maybe I'm reading too much into it.
They may or may not be in trouble, but Snout is no longer involved and we're watching Snout.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Maybe mookie should reread his own comic so he remembers plot points

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

amigolupus posted:

I still say no because this is a comic, not a deviantart gallery.

If this were a standalone piece it would be a fine if unremarkable little drawing. But it's not. It is a single page of a piece of sequential art that purports to be telling a narrative.
It's like handing in a solid C+ essay on the American Revolutionary War to a class on 15th century Italian history.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Also don't forget this is just a few miles outside of Mongreltown, a bustling city with - presumably - thousands of residents. And yet... With no form of travel or trade? There's no well-used roads, no horses or carts? How do they get food? Water? All those books? Wouldn't we at least see a few flying mongrelmen now and then?

It might make sense if it was presented as a recently established frontier town, but...

Rotten Red Rod fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Nov 16, 2020

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I wonder how many genuine fans have died of covid while Mookie has elongated this plotless farce.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.

Tesseraction posted:

I wonder how many genuine fans have died of covid while Mookie has elongated this plotless farce.

Im not convinced those exist anymore based on his Twitter engagement

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Oh speaking of his Twitter, he traced another Satyr art piece and there's more flacid dick and it's just so boring that I don't even care to repost it, go look yourself if you're super curious but it's pretty lame (NSFW for shriveled, sad, non-aroused dick): https://twitter.com/mookiebean/status/1327650353907707904

catlord posted:

it's a nice stylisation of rain that I'm not sure I've seen before but I am pretty sure it has been done before and very well.

It's a carbon copy of Sin City

Although Mookie probably did the rain with a filter because lazy

Rotten Red Rod fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Nov 16, 2020

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Rotten Red Rod posted:

It's a carbon copy of Sin City

Although Mookie probably did the rain with a filter because lazy

Ah, it's obvious now that you point it out (in my defence, I've never read Sin City).

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
DOWN
TOWN
SINCITY

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Don't fall into the trap of praising Mookie when he does something vaguely competent. You're just setting yourself up for disappointment.

Oh no, the only way I could be disappointed is if he doesn't manage to gently caress this up in some way.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Here's my prediction. Wednesday they find a new shelter and Snout stands around with an 'Oh golly I'm all wet' expression. Corpse wife shakes herself dry like an animal.

Friday they go to sleep, corpse wife falls asleep instantly and holds Snout against her tits while Snout once again makes a stupid expression. The last panel sets up yet another loving dream sequence.

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces"

Malachi 2:3

Who What Now posted:

Here's my prediction. Wednesday they find a new shelter and Snout stands around with an 'Oh golly I'm all wet' expression. Corpse wife shakes herself dry like an animal.

Friday they go to sleep, corpse wife falls asleep instantly and holds Snout against her tits while Snout once again makes a stupid expression. The last panel sets up yet another loving dream sequence.

This except corpsewife will put him through a "let's get you out of those wet clothes" from Mookie's creepy harem animes and forcibly get his hog out, sexually assault him again, and then more dream bullshit.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

I can't imagine many things more uncomfortable for the comic to do than have corpsemum forcesnuggle Snout again after the whole punch thing.

I'd say it's a 50/50.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
Well hey might as well see what's up on Wednesday.

If you picked "D-Tier Newspaper Strip gags" congrats! Maybe Friday we'll learn just how high the price of gas has gotten. And you can tell Mookie really phoned this one in cause he didn't lovingly detail Corpsemomdaughterwife's bush.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

It's so loving weird seeing these looney tunes gags when one character is perpetually naked

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

this naked woman is soaking wet, please get her a poncho so she doesn't get a chill

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
Yeah, the longer this goes on the weirder it is that she is still naked. Same thing with Ink Witch's name.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Okay those are definitely scars now, not hair.

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

I think, therefore I am inevitable.
Also maybe this is me being a dummy, but like - if you're already naked, won't you dry out pretty quickly? Most of getting caught in a sudden downpour is your clothes getting soaked so even if you get inside you're wearing wet clothes all day.

Did Mookie's hornyposting actually undermine the lovely newspaper joke?

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces"

Malachi 2:3

Zereth posted:

Okay those are definitely scars now, not hair.

It doesn't help that Mookie can't seem to draw the same character or object twice without tracing it. It used to be drawn identical to Snout's arm hair, but now he's tracing the can of monster next to his mousepad.

Dalris Othaine posted:

Also maybe this is me being a dummy, but like - if you're already naked, won't you dry out pretty quickly? Most of getting caught in a sudden downpour is your clothes getting soaked so even if you get inside you're wearing wet clothes all day.

Did Mookie's hornyposting actually undermine the lovely newspaper joke?
You've got a point there. I can't imagine the smell of rotting corpse is any better wet.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Is this the result of The Nothing winning the Neverending Story?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Dalris Othaine posted:

I think if you are naked and then wet, you may dry off quicker, but you'll have lost much more body heat faster than if you were clothed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
The fundamental issue is that Mookie is an idiot who doesn't understand that there are reasons beyond the nudity taboo why human beings invented and wear clothing.