Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3947283&pagenumber=20&perpage=40#post509937595

For it with quotes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Chic Trombone posted:

where are we gang? I see rarity is at -1 with ~~30 minutes left?

Close, got about an hour!

But also a lot of people haven't been around and I'm probably going to hammer soon if no one else does? Attendance here is sparse which is weird even for when considering it's a Saturday night IMO, so I'm not sure the value in waiting especially because there is about to be boxing to watch. Like, what, this is the list of people around in the last 4 hours?

Steak, Ref, Me, Sandwolf, DGK, IP, Hal, Grandi, taste, bif, AC, you

Less than half the game has checked in down the stretch here.

Since you just got here though I will hold of if you (or anyone I suppose) has objections to me doing the thing

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
lol i made that 4 hour cutoff by exactly 1 minute i think

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Sandwolf posted:

This post Chic

Thanks Sandwolf

So from what I'm seeing there, I obvs haven't, uh, really read so I'm missing context for a lot of that. I don't agree with all of it - the "six posts in a row w/ no read" post is bad but I wouldn't really say it's scummy not to follow up on a driveby opinion post on D1

It's not a terrible D1 case, though, and I think bif's later point about her chiming in about "this is how I play when I'm scum" to cast shade on bif is scummy to do

I'm willing to vote Rarity.... which I guess isn't really an earthshattering statement this close to deadline when I'm coming in at the last minute like some sleep-starved crazy forgetful person but

is there anything going on? are lots of people on to discuss until day end or is it better to just put the nail in the coffin?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
have been reading on my phone while doing poo poo. nothing to say

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

thank you to you too AC

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

chaoslord posted:

But also a lot of people haven't been around and I'm probably going to hammer soon if no one else does? Attendance here is sparse which is weird even for when considering it's a Saturday night IMO, so I'm not sure the value in waiting especially because there is about to be boxing to watch. Like, what, this is the list of people around in the last 4 hours?

Since you just got here though I will hold of if you (or anyone I suppose) has objections to me doing the thing

I wish a few more people had been around, but unfortunately I kind of expected it with a Saturday deadline. Hopefully D2 will be better.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

did u not know you can click the blue username on the top of quote blocks to get linked to the quoted post?

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

chaoslord posted:

I mean I don't really have any objections and also am willing to do the thing..... I haven't really had the chance to read at all because, again, distractible overtired idiot

and I'm not sure I can get through 20 pages in 50ish minutes to make any really cogent arguments prior to deadline?

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

chaoslord posted:

Finishing up on Page 15, and while Rarity is the vote today, Amni is another poster worth looking at imo

This is the "press[ing] for more information about a claim"

Calling that a press about a claim is weird phrasing intended to get a reaction. Asking questions is not a scummy thing.

I also do not believe this to be true. While I'm not going to go back to count posts up to this point, Rarity is the highest poster in the game now and I'd be surprised if she hadn't been on every page, which would make it hard to not have an opinion on them! And like this

Just reads as a gotcha to me. If AC had repeated the previous stuff, I am 100% sure Amni would have called them out for +1ing.

Interesting. I’ll noodle on this tonight.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Chic Trombone posted:

I mean I don't really have any objections and also am willing to do the thing..... I haven't really had the chance to read at all because, again, distractible overtired idiot

and I'm not sure I can get through 20 pages in 50ish minutes to make any really cogent arguments prior to deadline?

maybe take notes on your thoughts while reading during the night, then post the notes at the beginning of day 2

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Mr. Steak posted:

maybe take notes on your thoughts while reading during the night, then post the notes at the beginning of day 2

that's a good idea and will probably try to thought dump d2 start

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Chic Trombone posted:

that's a good idea and will probably try to thought dump d2 start

This is how you invite the NK.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Speaking of which, if you wanna make a low impact kill scum team, I am a good target.
I promise my role, if any, will not prevent said kill and this is in no way a trap.
That was not subterfuge, I am entirely on the level, and above-board.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

i mean if so jokes on them i'm probably not good enough at this game anymore to be worth wasting an nk on just to prevent me from postin' thoughts

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

https://youtu.be/O89sPooBhyE

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

You see, this isn't a story of infidelity with a fictional character, it is the story of parents getting into some kinky cosplay.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

Grandicap posted:

Speaking of which, if you wanna make a low impact kill scum team, I am a good target.
I promise my role, if any, will not prevent said kill and this is in no way a trap.
That was not subterfuge, I am entirely on the level, and above-board.

I'd prefer not to die, I finally have a role I like.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Alright, it's been 20 minutes and no one raised any objections, I'm just gonna put an end to this

##vote rarity

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Rarity (14): Gumball Gumption, Idle Amalgam, Idle Amalgam, Idle Amalgam, Mills, apostateCourier, apostateCourier, Yami Fenrir, t a s t e, Bifauxnen, Idle Amalgam, Gumball Gumption, Yami Fenrir, Referee, sandnavyguy, Yami Fenrir, IcePhoenix, Mr. Steak, DGK2000, Hal Incandenza, apostateCourier, Sandwolf, Grandicap, chaoslord
Amnistar (2): Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, apostateCourier, Idle Amalgam, Ceyton, Yami Fenrir, Yami Fenrir, apostateCourier
Gumball Gumption (2): b-minus1, Amnistar, Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak, DGK2000, DGK2000
chaoslord (1): Referee, Referee, CCKeane
Yami Fenrir (1): SalTheBard, Bifauxnen, Yami Fenrir, Bifauxnen, Yami Fenrir
Bifauxnen (1): flerp
Sandwolf (1): Gumball Gumption
Grandicap (1): apostateCourier, Amnistar, Amnistar, Rarity, Rarity, apostateCourier, Rarity, Rarity, Sandwolf, Rarity, Sandwolf
Squiggly (1): Hal Incandenza, apostateCourier, Yami Fenrir, Rhjamiz, Mr. Steak, apostateCourier, Yami Fenrir, Mr. Steak, Hal Incandenza
t a s t e (0): Referee, Referee
Referee (0): Rarity, Rarity
Hal Incandenza (0): Grandicap, Rarity, Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, Grandicap, Rarity
Idle Amalgam (0): Bifauxnen, Grandicap, Bifauxnen, Grandicap
apostateCourier (0): Amnistar, Mr. Steak, Amnistar, Amnistar, Mr. Steak, Sandwolf, Amnistar, Sandwolf
Mr. Steak (0): Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, sandnavyguy, sandnavyguy
CCKeane (0): Rarity, b-minus1, Rarity, b-minus1
SalTheBard (0): chaoslord, chaoslord
Mills (0): DGK2000, DGK2000

Not Voting (2): Chic Trombone, Squiggly

With 26 alive, it's 14 votes to execute. The current deadline is November 14th, 2020 at 11:30 p.m. EST -- that's in about 20 minutes.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A95cnSmozW8

Rarity - Blank - Town aligned vanilla was executed on day 1!

You are Blank

https://finalfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Blank_(Final_Fantasy_IX)

You are town aligned and win when you eliminate all threats to town.

It is now night 1.

Action deadline in 24ish hours.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Extending action deadline out to tomorrow afternoon because it's Sunday and I'll be busy later.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOLHLoCoBbo

Amnistar - Steiner - Town aligned Elite Bodyguard was killed AND burnt to a crisp on night 1

You are Steiner

https://finalfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Adelbert_Steiner

You are town aligned and win when you eliminate all threats to town.

You are an Elite Bodyguard - You may choose a target at night. That target will be protected from the first kill targeting them that night and you will die instead. You will also kill the player that performed the kill unless they are protected.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2spjqRmQGRA

Mills - Kuja - Scum aligned ninja was killed on night 1

You are Kuja

https://finalfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Kuja

You are scum aligned and win when your team controls the vote.

If you do the kill for your team at night it counts as a Ninja Kill.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhnIjKVtu4w

b-minus - Queen Brahne - Scum aligned Godfather was drained of all life on night 1

You are Queen Brahne

https://finalfantasy.fandom.com/wik..._Alexandros_XVI

You are scum aligned and win when your team controls the vote.

If you are investigated at night you will appear as town.

:siren: Hawke has replaced flerp :siren:

It is now day 2!

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

I’m assuming Amni killed one of those two. Way to go. That’s a very good N1 as far as I’m concerned.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

looks like amni died a hero and within his requested timing.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

"no great loss if I die" well not if you die like that goddamn

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Lol

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Hey Yami did anything happen to you last night?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

What the gently caress, N1 and two scum dead, lol, this rules

Plz don’t claim the killing unless you can’t do it again.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

god drat what a way to go, Amni

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

How did you miss binus this time!!

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Sandwolf posted:

What the gently caress, N1 and two scum dead, lol, this rules

Plz don’t claim the killing unless you can’t do it again.

It’s the SK

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Sandwolf posted:

How did you miss binus this time!!

One guarantee per game

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Good morning, friends...and enemies.

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

Amnistar posted:

So, gonna do this now because I won't get a chance to later. I'm Steiner, and I'm a bodyguard. Not a huge loss for town if I do get killed.

DGK2000 posted:

I'd prefer not to die, I finally have a role I like.

CapitalistPig posted:

You are Steiner

You are an Elite Bodyguard

If what happened is what I think happened... well played, guys :laugh:

In either case, thank you for your service Amni :patriot:

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven
drat! Now that's a night. Well done amni.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
I'm sorry I doubted you amni.

SalTheBard posted:

Hey Yami did anything happen to you last night?

Nothing that I'm aware of.

Also I will freely admit that I haven't done any rereading during the night phase. I will try to get it in sometime today.

I have reached critical sadbrains, is why.

:negative:

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Ceyton posted:

If what happened is what I think happened... well played, guys :laugh:

In either case, thank you for your service Amni :patriot:

This was my assumption too, at least in part :lol:

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Yami Fenrir posted:

I'm sorry I doubted you amni.

Also I will freely admit that I haven't done any rereading during the night phase. I will try to get it in sometime today.

I have reached critical sadbrains, is why.

:negative:

Good wishes your way, Yami- hang in there :glomp:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Yami Fenrir posted:

I'm sorry about sadbrains. I feel that 100%.