Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Cold on a Cob posted:

i eat my mutilated songbirds through a sheet with a hole in it in a big bed with my wife

didn’t realize you moved to kalamazoo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Captain Foo posted:

didn’t realize you moved to kalamazoo

new sitcom idea DO NOT STEAL

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

President Beep posted:

new sitcom idea DO NOT STEAL

i can’t steal your life dogg

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
it's coac and the beep, yes coac and the beep

they're old broken shitheads who need cpap to sleep

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

President Beep posted:

they're old broken shitheads who need cpap to sleep

lmao i don't have a cpap yet, though i most certainly need one and fuckign covid put the idea of going to a sleep clinic on the backburner for now

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

lol oops. :shobon:

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

okay here we go:

one uses cpap, the other's wrists creak

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

*kenny logins kramers through door but trips over a pile of shoes, breaking both ankles*

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

President Beep posted:

okay here we go:

one uses cpap, the other's wrists creak

lol

*throws up arm to high five beep, dislocates shoulder*

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

fart simpson posted:

name 5 journal articles then

just google japanese teeth genetic diversity and you'll get a bunch of results. there are real issues with a lot of japanese people's teeth because of a lack of genetic diversity. for some reason i had mentally overlapped whatever i originally read years ago on the topic with british people, as well, but that was misplaced.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Mr. Nice! posted:

i guess the old thing i was thinking of re: british teeth was incorrect.

its the stereotype about appearance, which I've always chalked that up to american focus on presentation = care, that doesnt have to be the case. yellowish not straight teeth are perfectly fine and obsessing about perfect teeth causes all sorts of potential dental issues later in life

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

You can have a perfectly healthy bite with crooked teeth and you can have a really hosed-up bite with straight teeth and you suffer weird headaches for years before some doctor figures it out.

Then again you mightn't.

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

Mr. Nice! posted:

japan and the uk both have lovely teeth because of historic lack of genetic diversity, iirc.

i don't think it's genetic, you can find lots of accounts of grandparents/parents in traditional food environments who have perfect teeth and jaws and the latest generation who are eating industrial foods have crowding and cavities. too fast to be genetic.

Agile Vector posted:

its the stereotype about appearance, which I've always chalked that up to american focus on presentation = care, that doesnt have to be the case. yellowish not straight teeth are perfectly fine and obsessing about perfect teeth causes all sorts of potential dental issues later in life

discoloration is normal if you drink tea or coffee but crowded teeth because of underdeveloped jaws causes all sorts of issues throughout life due to your airways being too small and your tongue not fitting in your mouth properly. half the population needing braces and wisdom tooth extraction means we're doing something wrong.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

teeth are a land of contrasts :shrug:

mine look nice but i grind them at night so i need a guard. highly recommended for anyone that thinks theyre doing the same, with the footnote that a proper dentist-adjusted one is the best bet and that a cheap otc one is a good temporary solution but not right for long use

mystes
May 31, 2006

my stepdads beer posted:

i don't think it's genetic, you can find lots of accounts of grandparents/parents in traditional food environments who have perfect teeth and jaws and the latest generation who are eating industrial foods have crowding and cavities. too fast to be genetic.
This post brought to you by the Weston A. Price Foundation.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

President Beep posted:

*kenny logins kramers through door but trips over a pile of shoes, breaking both ankles*

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Mr. Nice! posted:

just google japanese teeth genetic diversity and you'll get a bunch of results. there are real issues with a lot of japanese people's teeth because of a lack of genetic diversity. for some reason i had mentally overlapped whatever i originally read years ago on the topic with british people, as well, but that was misplaced.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

lol of course fox news is thirsty

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

you left the word genetic out of your query.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
cool a 60 year old study by westerners talking about those inbred Japanese fellas

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

i think the pieces are correct though, indeed there are a couple of papers correlating tooth size variance with inbreeding, the are studies demonstrating that japan has a slightly higher than average level of inbreeding, and there are statistics showing that japanese people have slightly worse dental health than average.

i think it extremely dangerous to link all of those together freely though, as all three are pretty weak, and the link between tooth sizes and overall dental health seems real dubious.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

mediaphage posted:

cool a 60 year old study by westerners talking about those inbred Japanese fellas

ignoring the following three results is always a good course of action.

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

i think the pieces are correct though, indeed there are a couple of papers correlating tooth size variance with inbreeding, the are studies demonstrating that japan has a slightly higher than average level of inbreeding, and there are statistics showing that japanese people have slightly worse dental health than average.

i think it extremely dangerous to link all of those together freely though, as all three are pretty weak, and the link between tooth sizes and overall dental health seems real dubious.

yeah. i was incorrect with my earlier flippant statement. all we can do is try to learn and be better.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Mr. Nice! posted:

you left the word genetic out of your query.

yeah but mine was more humorous

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

President Beep posted:

i'm catching up with always sunny and was delighted by this bit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCwI3KDGtRk

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

fart simpson posted:

yeah but mine was more humorous

you got me there

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

prefect posted:

i'm catching up with always sunny and was delighted by this bit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCwI3KDGtRk

lol. that was the real set, wasn't it.

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

:phoneline:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

I’m ditt land

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
excuse me my son is also named Gjort

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
q. how does a bass player change a light bulb

a. just have the keyboard player do it with his left hand

:(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngWUfD-HcnU

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
https://twitter.com/yurirando/status/1114630784990625792?s=21

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

arbys is ok

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

their horsey sauce is deece

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
when i went to the pre-pandemic mall occasionally i would stop by arbys and get basically a pile of roast beef just to eat, it's enjoyable for fast food

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

President Beep posted:

their horsey sauce is deece
it’s a game changer imo. the arby sauce is also good esp when you’re a kid but horsey is a key feature

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

i remember as a kiddo when the 5 for $5 deal came around my mom would get them on a monday for my school lunch for the week and i loved them every time

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Kenny Logins posted:

i remember as a kiddo when the 5 for $5 deal came around my mom would get them on a monday for my school lunch for the week and i loved them every time

same, except my dad. he'd buy, like, 20 of them. five would be for me throughout the week, the rest would be for him at work - two for lunch, one for break, etc.

and that's how my dad ended up with a mild case of gout. "do you eat a lot of red meat?" "wellllll arby's has this deal......"

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

you could get five arby's roast beef sandwiches (inclusive of barbecue) for the price of a single subway footlong. what a time to be alive

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Achmed Jones posted:

you could get five arby's roast beef sandwiches (inclusive of barbecue) for the price of a single subway footlong. what a time to be alive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Achmed Jones posted:

i remember when hard tacos were 49 cents and soft tacos were 59 :corsair: