Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Hal Incandenza posted:

Bus is a pretty extreme way to paint b- offhandedly mentioning me in one post. How do you feel about Keane and Gumball (both of whom he voted) and AC all of which he also mentioned (along with flipped town Rarity and Amni)

Also I was one of the most active D1 posters what the gently caress is this bullshit

Hey, offhandedly mentioning someone negatively is the definition of a softbus. Which is what I think happened.

Nice OMGUS though.

I do find it interesting that I’M the one you vote when I actually gave a reason.

Could it be I’m on the right track? I think so!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
Turns out my brain just doesn't want to work for this (RL) day so I'll strive to get proper reads during this (game) day instead but I want to say that Steak's behavior re: the rarity lunch bothers me.

Honestly both he and Sandwolf do, with the way they just swooped in to declare that "they acquired too many votes too fast" which honestly seems like a horseshit reason to me, especially with the surprisingly big D1 case material in their content.

Both of them seemed too sure that rarity is town for my liking in those early posts if that makes sense? Preemptively distancing from a lunch they know is town, only to then go back on it later anyway because you know, actual case and stuff. I feel like both largely avoided having an actual stated opinion on them? Other than the votecount argument, which I really feel is strenuous.

I only skimmed tho so maybe I'm just seeing things. Does anyone else feel the same?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Grandicap posted:

Why the Rarity flip? How does that shed doubt on Hal?

Hal Incandenza posted:

Ok but what does the rarity flip have to do with me? I wasn’t really pushing her very much, just went along with it when it was inevitable,

Lol both of you are missing the point. Yeah the Rarity flip doesn't say much about Hal, and the bussing is weak, I was just repeating SNG's weak reasons because SNG stated those weak reasons very clearly and Hal was all "what?! you'll vote me because of even worse strawman reason C, that has no relation to what you said at all???

Yeah I'd be quite happy voting either of these two

##vote Hal

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

Not really feeling the Hal case.

Him, Mills and taste all seem to be :sissies: posting buddies so I'm not taking those interactions too seriously.

The b-minus post about him feels more like a soft push rather than a soft bus.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

sandnavyguy posted:

Hey, offhandedly mentioning someone negatively is the definition of a softbus. Which is what I think happened.

Nice OMGUS though.

I do find it interesting that I’M the one you vote when I actually gave a reason.

Could it be I’m on the right track? I think so!

I’d vote Sandwolf too but you seemed to be more self conscious and needing to justify the vote which is more suspicious when the justification and follow up reasoning are bad

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Bifauxnen posted:

Lol both of you are missing the point. Yeah the Rarity flip doesn't say much about Hal, and the bussing is weak, I was just repeating SNG's weak reasons because SNG stated those weak reasons very clearly and Hal was all "what?! you'll vote me because of even worse strawman reason C, that has no relation to what you said at all???

Yeah I'd be quite happy voting either of these two

##vote Hal

I was blinded with rage at all the suspicion

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

DGK2000 posted:

Yeah I see reading her posts without context, that feels like Rare Scum. I will place my vote there now, so as to avoid a no-lynch.

##vote Rarity

So reading DGK2000 I am assuming the Mills post was a joke, but boy this line feels manufactured in a lab by the top topiary scientists (because they're masters of hedging.)

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Yami Fenrir posted:

Turns out my brain just doesn't want to work for this (RL) day so I'll strive to get proper reads during this (game) day instead but I want to say that Steak's behavior re: the rarity lunch bothers me.

Honestly both he and Sandwolf do, with the way they just swooped in to declare that "they acquired too many votes too fast" which honestly seems like a horseshit reason to me, especially with the surprisingly big D1 case material in their content.

Both of them seemed too sure that rarity is town for my liking in those early posts if that makes sense? Preemptively distancing from a lunch they know is town, only to then go back on it later anyway because you know, actual case and stuff. I feel like both largely avoided having an actual stated opinion on them? Other than the votecount argument, which I really feel is strenuous.

I only skimmed tho so maybe I'm just seeing things. Does anyone else feel the same?

I was thinking about that too, yeah. It's kind of on the backburner though

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

I’m not justifying hal, I’m casing.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Bifauxnen posted:

I was thinking about that too, yeah. It's kind of on the backburner though

Glad I'm not the only one. I'll look at Hal tomorrow though, when I had a (hopefully) good nights sleep.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990
hal don’t get on the plane

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Ceyton posted:

Him, Mills and taste all seem to be :sissies: posting buddies so I'm not taking those interactions too seriously.

Yes I would point out that b- mentioning me was on the tail end of people pushing me so it does work as a nudge to get people to continue onto me. And yes it could be a bus too, but again he also mentioned other people besides me so hopefully there is more of a case on me than that.

I’m also still highly suspicious of squiggly who hid behind his obnoxious PR and only ever made any mention of me and rarity when he finally did end up posting and those points were just well-worn cases at that point

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

sandnavyguy posted:

I’m not justifying hal, I’m casing.

Expand on how the rarity flip looks bad for me and why you think I needed to be prodded to be more active then. Case needs more than “b- mentioned you along with keane in one post”

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

SHALASHASKA HAWKE posted:

hal don’t get on the plane

Wish I didn’t have to, someone is even seated next to me now which is like totally uncool

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Where's Hal, where is he, why isn't he posting?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

CCKeane posted:

Where's Hal, where is he, why isn't he posting?
On a 737, seat 7A.

Soon to be Kansas City, Hilton hotel by the airport

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hal Incandenza posted:

On a 737, seat 7A.

Oops I lied, this is an Airbus A319

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Yami Fenrir posted:

Glad I'm not the only one. I'll look at Hal tomorrow though, when I had a (hopefully) good nights sleep.

Yeah even though I noticed the same stuff I'm feeling uncertain about it cause Steak stating it like a rule felt funny to me, like he was using metanarrative reasoning and treating Mafia like Danganronpa where the first person to get suspected is always the red herring you gotta get through first to pad out the case. It felt like it coulda been natural Steak-think.

And Sandwolf I'm kinda leaning town on just cause I tend to clash with him less when he's scum. But he has been kinda subdued so yeah, not totally clear.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Hal Incandenza posted:

On a 737, seat 7A.

drat the pandemic, we could've had a real Hal and Sal connection :-(

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Why oh why won't Hal post!

Bif whatcha thinking on my short read of DGK there? Because we have a lot more content on a lot more people but woof gut call hittin' me.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Bifauxnen posted:

Yeah even though I noticed the same stuff I'm feeling uncertain about it cause Steak stating it like a rule felt funny to me, like he was using metanarrative reasoning and treating Mafia like Danganronpa where the first person to get suspected is always the red herring you gotta get through first to pad out the case. It felt like it coulda been natural Steak-think.

And Sandwolf I'm kinda leaning town on just cause I tend to clash with him less when he's scum. But he has been kinda subdued so yeah, not totally clear.

I'm certain there's a stronger case to find somewhere, I just don't have the brainpower/motivation to work on it rn, really. I just wanted to get it out cuz it actually bothered me before the flip and it kinda only got stronger afterwards.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Bifauxnen posted:

I haven’t even thought about steak he’s like a wall of white noise all the time to me

As far as Sandwolf, he had some weird sounding posts (like the one when he cozies up to Amnistar and jumps on aC) and otherwise all I remember is the slightly icky stuff around aC later (which is alignment neutral) but I obviously don’t love the vote on me today. I’d probably lean scum on him just from that one post yesterday and his essentially just tunneling the rest of the day

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

SalTheBard posted:

drat the pandemic, we could've had a real Hal and Sal connection :-(

Next time buddy!

Ok plane taxiing now, see y’all on the other side

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Ceyton posted:

Disagree, even b minus would cut a little deeper or give a little more context to the pings if they were trying to push.

Hal Incandenza posted:

Expand on how the rarity flip looks bad for me and why you think I needed to be prodded to be more active then. Case needs more than “b- mentioned you along with keane in one post”

Here’s the thing Hal.

My initial arguments were weak. I knew that. I gave 100% clarity to my thought process and voted you with nearly no actual push.

But

In response you’ve over defended yourself and reacted scummily to what in any measure is a soft push in the opening hours of D2 in a huge game.

The proper reaction would be, to either dismiss me or begin hunting a bigger fish.

Instead you OMGUS, toss out a straw argument, rally the defenses...

It’s a bit much for a townie with 9 votes or so to go.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

Hal Incandenza posted:

Oops I lied, this is an Airbus A319

lunch all liars! ##vote sng

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Hal Incandenza posted:

I haven’t even thought about steak he’s like a wall of white noise all the time to me

As far as Sandwolf, he had some weird sounding posts (like the one when he cozies up to Amnistar and jumps on aC) and otherwise all I remember is the slightly icky stuff around aC later (which is alignment neutral) but I obviously don’t love the vote on me today. I’d probably lean scum on him just from that one post yesterday and his essentially just tunneling the rest of the day

Hal to me:
“Give me reasons SNG! Give me the exact file and case number of your arguments or I shan’t remove my vote!”

Hal to Sandwolf:
“Hey, yeah he gave no reason at all and was the first to vote me, but I might maybe think about leaning scum on him”

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I didn't feel like Hal was scum but boy, Hal reacted like scum with the start of this day phase.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

CCKeane posted:

Why oh why won't Hal post!

Bif whatcha thinking on my short read of DGK there? Because we have a lot more content on a lot more people but woof gut call hittin' me.

Hmmm maybe, don't have any specially townie read of him to say against it. That's all the thoughts I got tho

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

sandnavyguy posted:

Disagree, even b minus would cut a little deeper or give a little more context to the pings if they were trying to push.

Here’s the thing Hal.

My initial arguments were weak. I knew that. I gave 100% clarity to my thought process and voted you with nearly no actual push.

But

In response you’ve over defended yourself and reacted scummily to what in any measure is a soft push in the opening hours of D2 in a huge game.

The proper reaction would be, to either dismiss me or begin hunting a bigger fish.

Instead you OMGUS, toss out a straw argument, rally the defenses...

It’s a bit much for a townie with 9 votes or so to go.

Still waiting so I will respond.

I am less defending myself than calling you out on a bad vote. I've also mentioned three other people I think are scummy and gave reasons.

Asking you to explain your reasoning better is something I'm allowed to do when I think your reasons are bad and you've responded by waving off my questions and now saying ha I didn't have reasons but you "defending" yourself from my attack is my new reason.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I can't believe Hal posted once today. Not a single time.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

CCKeane posted:

I can't believe Hal posted once today. Not a single time.

We should lurker lunch Hal, clearly.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Gumball Gumption posted:

I didn't feel like Hal was scum but boy, Hal reacted like scum with the start of this day phase.

Ok because 4 people in a row mentioned me as looking scummy and the last two voted and the last in particular with bad reasoning. I guess I should have just ignored it and in fact I ignored the first three but SNG felt like a late arriving bullshit post and therefore I engaged him on it.

I won't mention it again today to make everyone happy.

I'm experienced enough scum to not worry about anything that happens early in the game day the last thing I would do is worry about it and over react at -10 with days to go smh

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

Quote this to tell me whether I should I read D1

yea [ ]
nay [ ]

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I am seriously lost here, I see a whole bunch of people mischaracterizing Hal's response. Day opened and like immediately he got 2 votes and others saying they were sus too.
Yeah, it's a bunch of votes to go, but seeing that much movement that quickly with no backing is odd and him bristling at it seems completely normal.
Now people are saying it wasn't the initial case (there isn't one) but his reaction...

I think people are voting for awkward and wrong reasons here.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

yea [x]
nay [ ]

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

yea [ ]
nay [X ]

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

scum spotted

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Honestly D1 seems like a mandatory re-read now. Probably later tonight while I'm making fried rice.

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

Steak seems like he genuinely thought Rarity was town but then got convinced by Bif's case.

However, this:

Sandwolf posted:

Furthermore, I don’t think Rarity is scummy at all, not one bit, and the ease with which they’ve acquired votes today makes me p sure they’re not scum.

Sandwolf posted:

##vote Rarity

is making me go :thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I don't think Hal is scum. This is a kinda weak read, but I feel like folks saying Hal is scummy are pretty off base, if that makes sense?