Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Bifauxnen posted:

Keep in mind though Amni appears to not be the intended scum kill. That extra burning does sound like he got double-killed though, so probably an SK (or arsonist?!) was more specifically after him.

yes but he is confirmed town, which i guess doesn't really *mean* much in the grand scheme of "was he right" but it means I can at least read his reads as sincere

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990
got up to page 12 and I hate most of you. not squiggly though, they’re cool

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

SHALASHASKA HAWKE posted:

Wtf

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

i assume by the av that's birdstrike?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

SHALASHASKA HAWKE posted:

Tough but fair.

Anyway if I'm just going pure gut shot, which I will because of who I am as a person:

DGK, Yami, AC.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
maybe im just groggy from sleep
(yes its 7:30pm here dont judge me)
but im going crosseyed at the discussions today.

im not comprehending why people are voting for hal or joking about that he's not being active, nor do i understand what the hell hal is saying in any of his posts. that should probably hint to me that i should read thread after coffee lol

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
at least we're playing the game on easy mode now

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

I don't like the almost aggressive refusal of IceP to give reads after being asked specifically to give reads

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

CapitalistPig posted:

:siren: Hawke has replaced flerp :siren:

:toot:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Chic Trombone posted:

I don't like the almost aggressive refusal of IceP to give reads after being asked specifically to give reads

just because I indirectly cast suspicion on you doesn't mean you can lie about my posting chic

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

IcePhoenix posted:

just because I indirectly cast suspicion on you doesn't mean you can lie about my posting chic

I'm not lying though? How else do you characterize responding to "who do you think is scum" with the two flipped scum

I genuinely wanna know

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

IcePhoenix posted:

I'm not sure what's so difficult to comprehend about that post please elaborate

esp. when this is your response to sandwolf going "s'cuse?"

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Chic Trombone posted:

I'm not lying though? How else do you characterize responding to "who do you think is scum" with the two flipped scum

I genuinely wanna know

i just found what you're talking about and LMFAO

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Mr. Steak posted:

maybe im just groggy from sleep
(yes its 7:30pm here dont judge me)
but im going crosseyed at the discussions today.

im not comprehending why people are voting for hal or joking about that he's not being active, nor do i understand what the hell hal is saying in any of his posts. that should probably hint to me that i should read thread after coffee lol

Hal not only hasn't posted at all this game, he started deleting his posts in other games, to have negative posts.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Yami Fenrir posted:

Ehhhhhhhh

I'm not seeing Grandi over Rarity/Amni today.

I'll just ##vote Rarity for now. Both to consolidate votes and because I just keep waffling between the two. Rarity's recent posts haven't changed my opinion at all,

Did Sandwolf say anything about Rarity, actually?

Yami Fenrir posted:

L
Honestly both he and Sandwolf do, with the way they just swooped in to declare that "they acquired too many votes too fast" which honestly seems like a horseshit reason to me, especially with the surprisingly big D1 case material in their content.

Both of them seemed too sure that rarity is town for my liking in those early posts if that makes sense? Preemptively distancing from a lunch they know is town, only to then go back on it later anyway because you know, actual case and stuff. I feel like both largely avoided having an actual stated opinion on them? Other than the votecount argument, which I really feel is strenuous.

Second post is talking about distancing in a vote, and it feels like the first post is distancing in there.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Chic Trombone posted:

I genuinely wanna know

I characterize it as "having fun and knowing he (or someone else) will ask me to make an actual read immediately after so I'll do it then"

which is exactly what happened

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Mr. Steak posted:

see, Steak gets it

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

by the way, don't think I'm overlooking you casually omitting me saying that I wasn't a fan of the Hal push (a read!) in that post where you say I didn't make any reads

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

IcePhoenix posted:

by the way, don't think I'm overlooking you casually omitting me saying that I wasn't a fan of the Hal push (a read!) in that post where you say I didn't make any reads

that's a fair take actually

idk why i thought they were two separate posts

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Hey! Busto! You got anything to add?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

##vote chaoslord

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

AC anything to add either? Amalgam?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Sandwolf posted:

Hey! Busto! You got anything to add?

I don't! Unless you count thoughts about Risk Management

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

chaoslord posted:

I don't! Unless you count thoughts about Risk Management

Or I guess that I am glad Hawke is in the game. But I think that point was made quite clear from the other post so I don't know if that counts as an added thought

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Mr. Steak posted:

drat, IP's reads're fuckin spot on hey

CCKeane posted:

Second post is talking about distancing in a vote, and it feels like the first post is distancing in there.

Hmmmmmmmm now this is interesting. I've been reading Yami as pretty townie but if Grandi is scum after all, that post to try and keep heat on Rarity and Amni instead of Grandi is gonna look real bad indeed.

I'm not totally convinced to stop voting Hal just yet though, I wanna see how he sounds when he's had some time away and is more chillaxed instead of this:

Hal Incandenza posted:

I was blinded with rage at all the suspicion

I mean what? Hal? Maaaaate

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I will say if Hal flips scum this game I think I’ve got him figured out going forward

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Yami Fenrir posted:

Turns out my brain just doesn't want to work for this (RL) day so I'll strive to get proper reads during this (game) day instead but I want to say that Steak's behavior re: the rarity lunch bothers me.

Honestly both he and Sandwolf do, with the way they just swooped in to declare that "they acquired too many votes too fast" which honestly seems like a horseshit reason to me, especially with the surprisingly big D1 case material in their content.

Both of them seemed too sure that rarity is town for my liking in those early posts if that makes sense? Preemptively distancing from a lunch they know is town, only to then go back on it later anyway because you know, actual case and stuff. I feel like both largely avoided having an actual stated opinion on them? Other than the votecount argument, which I really feel is strenuous.

I only skimmed tho so maybe I'm just seeing things. Does anyone else feel the same?

Been having a look through your posts to avoid falling into the trap of ignoring/soft clearing people who defend me.

Yami Fenrir posted:

Also Rarity's posting is bad, especially this one:

This is forced as all hell, even if it weren't day 1.

##vote Rarity

On re-read, I still can't parse the "even if it weren't" part, could you explain?

Yami Fenrir posted:

Eh, I don't see AC as scum rn.

The hal questioning post IS a bit awkward but I seriously doubt someone's gonna lie about a learning disorder just for the sake of a mafia game.

Other than that I don't think AC is really trying to convince amni of anything like claimed. Plus AC's push on Rarity seems genuine.

this is super thin but "seems genuine" is a phrase I throw around a lot as scum 'cause it's easy. Gut "uh oh" and nothing more here.

Yami Fenrir posted:

My current thoughts on the matter is that Amni is overextending in an attempt to protect a scumbro, which is exactly what he did in the last game I modded.

I think I'd still rather prefer a Rarity lunch because that hal push stinks something fierce and technically there is a chance that Amni's just tunneling, my gut says otherwise though.

In hindsight this feels questionable but I'm having trouble making the "why" words tumble from my head atm.

More generally, I'm contemplating what the field looks like on D1 if scum were arguing for me, against me, poking at both sides, or lurking. Gonna take some re-reading.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Bifauxnen posted:

drat, IP's reads're fuckin spot on hey

I have to concur, they are pretty rock solid

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Bifauxnen posted:

Cause I'm the coolest moogle and went to go track my next biggest suspect and he went right to me, silver lining to going after Rarity instead of Amni hey

If this is a lie I will be struck dumb by the audacity.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

chaoslord posted:

Finishing up on Page 15, and while Rarity is the vote today, Amni is another poster worth looking at imo

This is the "press[ing] for more information about a claim"

Calling that a press about a claim is weird phrasing intended to get a reaction. Asking questions is not a scummy thing.

I also do not believe this to be true. While I'm not going to go back to count posts up to this point, Rarity is the highest poster in the game now and I'd be surprised if she hadn't been on every page, which would make it hard to not have an opinion on them! And like this

Just reads as a gotcha to me. If AC had repeated the previous stuff, I am 100% sure Amni would have called them out for +1ing.

This post stinks. That gotcha at the bottom is a gotcha. Looking back it was reasonable for amni to be suspicious about my question, so saying it's not here is bad.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

actually yea ##vote chaoslord am cool leaving this here atm

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

apostateCourier posted:

This post stinks. That gotcha at the bottom is a gotcha. Looking back it was reasonable for amni to be suspicious about my question, so saying it's not here is bad.

?

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

More fortune telling, really. It's a baseless claim that leaves no room for defense.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

okay tbh it's probably more that I don't understand it.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

...nah I don't think I failed to understand on rereread, though am open to the idea of having done so, please explain

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

apostateCourier posted:

More fortune telling, really. It's a baseless claim that leaves no room for defense.

Can you clarify what you mean?

It looks like between this post I am quoting now and the post I quoted previously that you and I both agree it was a gotcha, as in it was something Amni was saying that did not leave you room for defense.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Right. Okay this makes sense. Should not have smoked while reading.

That said in hindsight knowing that amni is town... idk I don't like how that defense of me looks and I don't see where I said I agreed with you

Okay I see what you mean now by agreeing with you, thought process left here for posterity. That said I feel like yours is more of a reach, whereas his was based in behavior he thought was scummy- your supposition ignores the possibility of my case on Rarity being properly comprehensive instead of old or new posts only.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

2/3s of yesterday broke whatever smooth orb brain I have, sng’s Hal vote is bad

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

steak and DGk’s votes on GG yesterday also bad. binus effort-cased GG so I think he’s town.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

Ceylon I would vote for being Girondist scum