Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Tip posted:

Also, while I was looking forward to playing without a wire I didn't really realize how much of a difference it would make in my immersion. I kinda had to unlearn my cable vigilance because I kept catching myself being mindful of a non-existent cable.

I can now decide where I want to play based on the game I am playing, instead of being tied to a location. If I want to play poker lounging in front of my fireplace I can. If I need room I can do that. I didn't realize how important that would be but as its a device that encourages moving around your space being able to redfine that space is really useful.

I still play a lot of PCVR but now I can just do it wirelessly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Tip posted:

Oculus has talked a lot about how lowering the friction to play gets people to use VR more, and it really is true. I've had almost every major PCVR headset since the DK1 and the Quest 2 has me playing more than ever.

Yeah, it really does make a huge difference.

Erev
Jun 9, 2013
Thanks folks. I think you've actually given me the deciding input. I'll do the Q2 - it is bloody well cheap enough - and if I absolutely *must* have something better for PC gaming the Q2 plus the G2 is still less than an Index.

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

Be nice if we could ease the friction of Zuckerberg's dick entering our collective rear end in a top hat.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

SCheeseman posted:

Be nice if we could ease the friction of Zuckerberg's dick entering our collective rear end in a top hat.

This would require a single company trying to directly compete with them, instead of making Yet Another PCVR Headset, which nobody seems interested in doing

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Lemming posted:

This would require a single company trying to directly compete with them, instead of making Yet Another PCVR Headset, which nobody seems interested in doing

Well it looks like the Quest is going to be a big success this holiday which will likely make a couple of players get involved. That isn't even considering what sort of government action might be coming down on Facebook in the future as well. I am sure questions about why they require a Facebook login for a device that for "children to play games on" are going to go over great.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Djarum posted:

I am sure questions about why they require a Facebook login for a device that for "children to play games on" are going to go over great.

Everything about the Oculus stuff has been 13+ since CV1, just like FB accounts themselves, I believe.

I'd love some competition in this space, don't get me wrong, but I don't think your gotcha is much of a gotcha.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Baby Proof posted:

This isn't free, it shows as $15 on the Oculus store. It might not even be free for new Rift owners anymore.

Well gently caress, thats too bad. For the longest time it was just straight up free for anyone and everyone, even if you were just using revive.

I wonder when they went and changed that?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Tom Guycot posted:

Well gently caress, thats too bad. For the longest time it was just straight up free for anyone and everyone, even if you were just using revive.

I wonder when they went and changed that?

I think Oculus/FB only bought the free-distribution rights for a limited, though lengthy, period of time. I don't recall 100%, but I think that's correct.

Baby Proof
May 16, 2009

A new version of Tea for God came out a couple weeks ago:
https://void-room.itch.io/tea-for-god
Fixed the Quest 2 graphics and simplified some mechanics - I have some idea what's going on now.
Plus I see there's also a SteamVR version - does that play any better than the native Quest one?

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

It's the same aside from prettier graphics. Quest version is superior if only because you can take it anywhere, such as a basketball court.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
According to my BTS superfan wife (quarantine has been... rough) the new BTS music pack for Beat Saber is pretty good, will try to teach you the dance moves, and pretty challenging, if that's your sort of thing.

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

MMMPH MMMPPHH MPPPH GLUCK GLUCK OH SORRY I DIDNT SEE YOU THERE I WAS JUST CHOKING DOWN THIS BATTLEFIELD COCK DID YOU KNOW BATTLEFIELD IS THE BEST VIDEO GAME EVER NOW IF YOULL EXCUSE ME ILL GO BACK TO THIS BATTLECOCK

Lemming posted:

Ok, but none of those things are true. Matchmaking is very fast at all skill levels, there are lots of different options for social lobbies that are always full of people, and it's the deepest game with the highest skill ceiling on the platform, and it has its own competitive leagues.

Tried the game again. Matchmaking was a bit faster, about 3-4 minutes to find a match. Couple questions:

-I am constantly accidentally grabbing surfaces I don't want to, I am using an index controller so maybe the grip is more sensitive but is there some trick to not doing this?
- Should I be enabling pitch/roll? It seems disorienting and having to use my joysticks to use it when pushing my joysticks is important for boost/brake seems bad.

Has anyone tried echo combat, is it worth the pricetag?

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Skyarb posted:

Tried the game again. Matchmaking was a bit faster, about 3-4 minutes to find a match. Couple questions:

-I am constantly accidentally grabbing surfaces I don't want to, I am using an index controller so maybe the grip is more sensitive but is there some trick to not doing this?
- Should I be enabling pitch/roll? It seems disorienting and having to use my joysticks to use it when pushing my joysticks is important for boost/brake seems bad.

Has anyone tried echo combat, is it worth the pricetag?

The Index controller from what I hear suffers from this a lot, I'm sure Shine has some strong feelings he might share on the topic :V the only thing I could really recommend to try is to remap some of the buttons, maybe try moving grab to trigger and punch to a face button or something. You really do want fine control on grabbing and releasing, which is a binary state, so the grab triggers work better for that than the index sensors.

Pitch/roll is absolutely not necessary. I would say that once you get to the really high levels there are definitely benefits for being able to dynamically re-orient yourself, but for the vast majority of people it makes no real difference.

Echo Combat is a bit harder to recommend; at this point the population isn't very strong, and it can be hard to find matches outside of peak hours (~evening EST). I'd recommend trying to join a Combat social lobby and messing around in the skirmish room and talking to other people to see if you might be interested. That said it's only $10, so it's not gonna break the bank (as far as I know it's never gone on sale for less than that).

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Subjunctive posted:

Everything about the Oculus stuff has been 13+ since CV1, just like FB accounts themselves, I believe.

I'd love some competition in this space, don't get me wrong, but I don't think your gotcha is much of a gotcha.

Yeah that line will work great for Congressmen and Senators that are a million years old and consider all games are for children. To them it is the same as Joe Camel but it is an entirely different subject for a different subforum entirely.

The point is look for Facebook to get raked over the coals in the future and for a lot of new players to enter the field in the next year or two. The Quest 2 will have shown that the price and features have reached a mainstream level. There is a lot of money to be made especially if they can get to $199, which in 12-18 months is a real possibility.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Djarum posted:

Yeah that line will work great for Congressmen and Senators that are a million years old and consider all games are for children. To them it is the same as Joe Camel but it is an entirely different subject for a different subforum entirely.

The point is look for Facebook to get raked over the coals in the future and for a lot of new players to enter the field in the next year or two. The Quest 2 will have shown that the price and features have reached a mainstream level. There is a lot of money to be made especially if they can get to $199, which in 12-18 months is a real possibility.

I mean I wish but lol there isn't poo poo that's gonna happen to them, it's going to be about what competition can reasonably pop up to go against them. That said I think there's a very strong possibility of this happening because for all of the strengths of the hardware, man, the software just *sucks* right now. All across VR. Nobody's really, truly figured it out yet, and with stuff like Horizon it seems pretty clear to me that FB isn't taking the software in a particularly strong direction either, and since everything's turning into a big design by committee race to the mediocre I think there's still a great opportunity for them to be dethroned. It'll still require a big company with the ability to do R&D but a company with a strong vision could definitely still go toe to toe.

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

I still have no idea what the gently caress Horizons is supposed to be.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 21 hours!
Horizons is Facebook's attempt at muscling in on Rec Room, except Rec Room has kinda moved on to mobile.

Facebook is happy to try to squish apps that it perceives to be outside the lane of pure, self-contained games by building their own version of the functionality, even if it sucks.

Facebook has no real interest in first party software beyond what bare minimum they can do to funnel people back into their ecosystem and under the umbrella of their data collection.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Lemming posted:

I mean I wish but lol there isn't poo poo that's gonna happen to them, it's going to be about what competition can reasonably pop up to go against them. That said I think there's a very strong possibility of this happening because for all of the strengths of the hardware, man, the software just *sucks* right now. All across VR. Nobody's really, truly figured it out yet, and with stuff like Horizon it seems pretty clear to me that FB isn't taking the software in a particularly strong direction either, and since everything's turning into a big design by committee race to the mediocre I think there's still a great opportunity for them to be dethroned. It'll still require a big company with the ability to do R&D but a company with a strong vision could definitely still go toe to toe.

Well you could have said the same with 3D until Mario 64 came around really as well. With hardware becoming affordable will mean there is going to be a larger install base and a lot more people looking to create on it. I agree that a lot of software sucks or is real gimmicky. My number one thing I like to do is watch 360 video or 3D Blu-rays I have converted. The 360 video stuff is particularly impressive to everyone around me that has seen it and there is a lot of future in that tech. We have to remember we are at the infancy of the tech as well. In 2-3 years we will look back at how different everything is. Hell look how far things are now from when the first Vive and Rift launched.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Djarum posted:

I can't see anything coming of congress and facebook, we're past the point in the US where government brings consequences down on any company, non trivial-for-show consequences anyways. They can hold a million hearings but they'll never do anything. They all answer to wall street and wall street doesn't want anything to hurt stonks.

I'm also skeptical of who would pop up, at least in the next 12-18 months, to offer competition. Theres been competing products since before quest even came out but they're all 1)expensive, double, triple or more than the now $299 quest 2) have no developer support, or outreach 3)have janky controllers. So I think all those existing companies, HTC, pico, etc, are right out as they've not been able yet to demonstrate anything price or experience wise as good as the quest 1 overall. I don't see it as a product small upstarts can really just leap into. Its one thing on PC where you can rely on an existing system, but a small upstart has to not only put together specs as good or better, but also have developer support, UI and tracking that feels mature, and do it all at an insane price point.

Who can jump in? Well apples big enough, but apple doesn't give a poo poo about VR and games. Thats not sexy, fashionable or cool, they want thin tiny AR glasses, not a video game console, so I have a hard time seeing them bring a product to bear until theres serious lifestyle/productivity uses for dedicated VR.

Google had everything in place for an agnostic system and unified storefront with daydream, but being google they killed it right as the quest came out, lol.

Sony is the clear and obvious one to jump in, and they might. They have VR experience, game experience up the wazoo, and handheld console experience to deliver something. That said they've clearly been working on a PSVR2 for a while, before the quest broke out, and judging by their attitude, I feel like whatever they've got up their sleeve is going to be focused on leveraging the PS5 (not that a stand alone couldn't do both), and also doesn't sound like it will even make 2021. If they are going to, it either means they've already started developing a stand alone unit, they've massively shifted course, or it wouldn't be out until late 2022.

Anything can happen, and Sony clearly is the front runner in possible competition, but whatever it is I feel like is going to have to come out of left field to be able to match or beat that price, features, and most of all above everything, the developer support of the quest. I think there will be things that pop up for ~500-600 bucks, in small batches, with poor support, and promises of amazing, xyz spec, but for the most part I think quest is going to have almost 2 years at least of having no real challenger.

Heck, its already had a year and a half of no challenger. Unless its someone that can push a serious catalog like Sony, its also going to be hard in ~18 months for someone to compete with the quest ecosystem and maturity after 3-4 years of being out there and actively refined.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Djarum posted:

Well you could have said the same with 3D until Mario 64 came around really as well. With hardware becoming affordable will mean there is going to be a larger install base and a lot more people looking to create on it. I agree that a lot of software sucks or is real gimmicky. My number one thing I like to do is watch 360 video or 3D Blu-rays I have converted. The 360 video stuff is particularly impressive to everyone around me that has seen it and there is a lot of future in that tech. We have to remember we are at the infancy of the tech as well. In 2-3 years we will look back at how different everything is. Hell look how far things are now from when the first Vive and Rift launched.

Honestly Lone Echo/Echo Arena came out almost three and a half years ago and I don't think anything's come close to utilizing the medium as well as those. To me it feels like we have a complete lack of visionaries, which is some rough business because I think VR has the potential to be the coolest thing ever, but it's still mostly just potential

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Lemming posted:

All this metaverse junk isn't going to go anywhere until it can all dynamically link to like, real existing fun games people want to do seamlessly, support a ton (like, at least 100) of people in one area without falling apart, and loving axe loading screens.

Even then I don't think people would want to use it. Like, facebook could do a cute thing and have their store accessible in horizons, with games having booths and on shelves like a sci fi fantasy video store you can look at and grab and buy and... gently caress! Who on earth wants to do that poo poo instead of just using a menu?

EDIT:

Lemming posted:

Honestly Lone Echo/Echo Arena came out almost three and a half years ago and I don't think anything's come close to utilizing the medium as well as those. To me it feels like we have a complete lack of visionaries, which is some rough business because I think VR has the potential to be the coolest thing ever, but it's still mostly just potential

I'm more upset that in all those years, almost no one has bothered to just blatantly rip off the movement scheme of the echo games. Christ, theres no shame in it! People didn't complain about games learning from mario64 on how to do a 3d platformer and ripping it off, or doom nailing the first person game and all the 'clones'. I get that its very specific so space sci fi games, but lord knows space and sci fi are hardly rare genres for video games.

When you crack the code in a new medium, people should be happy to copy and steal it! Thats how things progress!

Tom Guycot fucked around with this message at 08:00 on Nov 17, 2020

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

mutata posted:

Facebook is happy to try to squish apps that it perceives to be outside the lane of pure, self-contained games by building their own version of the functionality, even if it sucks.

I guess my comparison to 90s era Microsoft in the OP was more apt than I thought.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Tom Guycot posted:

I can't see anything coming of congress and facebook, we're past the point in the US where government brings consequences down on any company, non trivial-for-show consequences anyways. They can hold a million hearings but they'll never do anything. They all answer to wall street and wall street doesn't want anything to hurt stonks.

I think Biden going into office changes things somewhat. While I definitely don't think it's a certain thing, but there's a lot of people with an axe to grind and Facebook's a big easy target for PR points all round after what they've done to prop up Q, Trump, etc.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Lemming posted:

The Index controller from what I hear suffers from this a lot, I'm sure Shine has some strong feelings he might share on the topic :V the only thing I could really recommend to try is to remap some of the buttons, maybe try moving grab to trigger and punch to a face button or something. You really do want fine control on grabbing and releasing, which is a binary state, so the grab triggers work better for that than the index sensors.

I'll spare the thread another one of my interchangeable Index/Echo rants and just link to one (that quotes another one [I hate these controllers]), but yes, specific to Echo Arena I'd suggest remapping grab to the trigger and putting fists on face buttons or the thumbpads (you can make them work like big buttons).

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Tom Guycot posted:

I'm also skeptical of who would pop up, at least in the next 12-18 months, to offer competition. Theres been competing products since before quest even came out but they're all 1)expensive, double, triple or more than the now $299 quest 2) have no developer support, or outreach 3)have janky controllers. So I think all those existing companies, HTC, pico, etc, are right out as they've not been able yet to demonstrate anything price or experience wise as good as the quest 1 overall. I don't see it as a product small upstarts can really just leap into. Its one thing on PC where you can rely on an existing system, but a small upstart has to not only put together specs as good or better, but also have developer support, UI and tracking that feels mature, and do it all at an insane price point.

Who can jump in? Well apples big enough, but apple doesn't give a poo poo about VR and games. Thats not sexy, fashionable or cool, they want thin tiny AR glasses, not a video game console, so I have a hard time seeing them bring a product to bear until theres serious lifestyle/productivity uses for dedicated VR.

Google had everything in place for an agnostic system and unified storefront with daydream, but being google they killed it right as the quest came out, lol.

Sony is the clear and obvious one to jump in, and they might. They have VR experience, game experience up the wazoo, and handheld console experience to deliver something. That said they've clearly been working on a PSVR2 for a while, before the quest broke out, and judging by their attitude, I feel like whatever they've got up their sleeve is going to be focused on leveraging the PS5 (not that a stand alone couldn't do both), and also doesn't sound like it will even make 2021. If they are going to, it either means they've already started developing a stand alone unit, they've massively shifted course, or it wouldn't be out until late 2022.

Anything can happen, and Sony clearly is the front runner in possible competition, but whatever it is I feel like is going to have to come out of left field to be able to match or beat that price, features, and most of all above everything, the developer support of the quest. I think there will be things that pop up for ~500-600 bucks, in small batches, with poor support, and promises of amazing, xyz spec, but for the most part I think quest is going to have almost 2 years at least of having no real challenger.

Heck, its already had a year and a half of no challenger. Unless its someone that can push a serious catalog like Sony, its also going to be hard in ~18 months for someone to compete with the quest ecosystem and maturity after 3-4 years of being out there and actively refined.

Well Sony could make the PSVR 2 a stand-alone portable console and allow it to hook up to the PS5. Which could be a big hit if they leveraged their developer base. The original PSVR had a pretty good lineup of stuff coming to it, just the tech wasn’t great and still too expensive. If they could get better controllers coupled with a non webcam based tracking solution that worked well they could leverage their market share quite well.

I wouldn’t be surprised if you see player out of left field jump in as well though. Like who would have thought Facebook would have gotten into VR? If someone smells money to be made it won’t be surprising for someone to jump in. Also don’t forget that the Chinese will likely have VR headsets at some point in the coming months as well.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Djarum posted:

Well Sony could make the PSVR 2 a stand-alone portable console and allow it to hook up to the PS5. Which could be a big hit if they leveraged their developer base. The original PSVR had a pretty good lineup of stuff coming to it, just the tech wasn’t great and still too expensive. If they could get better controllers coupled with a non webcam based tracking solution that worked well they could leverage their market share quite well.

I wouldn’t be surprised if you see player out of left field jump in as well though. Like who would have thought Facebook would have gotten into VR? If someone smells money to be made it won’t be surprising for someone to jump in. Also don’t forget that the Chinese will likely have VR headsets at some point in the coming months as well.

I'm REALLY looking forward to seeing what Sony have cooking, because they hopefully have the new haptic and trigger tech from the DualSense involved in the controllers :pray:.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

I think it's totally plausible that Sony's third major portable platform is gonna end up being a standalone-peripheral-hybrid VR headset with inside out tracking and tbh I'd put money down on them going in that direction and getting it out the door by mid 2022. Looking forward to seeing them synergise all their prior work on 3D games, motion controls, advanced haptics, and console/portable connectivity.

Also kinda dreaming here but I've long thought that there's a market for selling versions of flat games on VR platforms — or at least there will be as the hardware gradually shrinks down and becomes less cumbersome/more attractive for the average consumer — and Sony is uniquely positioned to have a gigantic library of titles right out the gate. Imagine being able to fire up your PSVR2 and run your existing digital PS4 (and first gen PSVR) games right there on the headset.

Ota_Himuro
Jan 13, 2008

A wild SANDBREAD appears!
Where can I get paid to shill that piece of crap Virtual Desktop? Because according to my experiences in the last week, that's the only way I'd say anything even remotely NEUTRAL about that utter piece of crap software. Now I got new pc, new router and that piece of poo poo STILL keeps crashing to desktop ON THE loving HEADSET, every 20-40 minutes.

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

Pretty good posted:

Also kinda dreaming here but I've long thought that there's a market for selling versions of flat games on VR platforms — or at least there will be as the hardware gradually shrinks down and becomes less cumbersome/more attractive for the average consumer — and Sony is uniquely positioned to have a gigantic library of titles right out the gate. Imagine being able to fire up your PSVR2 and run your existing digital PS4 (and first gen PSVR) games right there on the headset.

I've been saying that too. Quest 2 can display an IMAX-scale screen at ~1080p which is at the point of good enough for flatscreen games. Quest 1 was closer to 720p, which isn't bad, but low enough to be a barrier.

SCheeseman fucked around with this message at 12:07 on Nov 17, 2020

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

Ota_Himuro posted:

Where can I get paid to shill that piece of crap Virtual Desktop? Because according to my experiences in the last week, that's the only way I'd say anything even remotely NEUTRAL about that utter piece of crap software. Now I got new pc, new router and that piece of poo poo STILL keeps crashing to desktop ON THE loving HEADSET, every 20-40 minutes.

I don't think I've ever seen it crash. What headset are you using?

fuf
Sep 12, 2004

haha
I know it depends on wifi quality but you guys really think that being wireless with virtual desktop is worth the degraded image quality over using the Link?

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

fuf posted:

I know it depends on wifi quality but you guys really think that being wireless with virtual desktop is worth the degraded image quality over using the Link?

There is no degraded image quality, but degraded image latency. Which for 90% of the games is fine.

Grashnak
Apr 30, 2006

Oven Wrangler

fuf posted:

I'm using it on the Quest 1 and I've never noticed any difference in image quality over using link. Not having to worry about the cable makes a pretty huge difference though, especially if I'm playing something a bit more energetic.

Ota_Himuro
Jan 13, 2008

A wild SANDBREAD appears!

Gort posted:

I don't think I've ever seen it crash. What headset are you using?

Quest 2 64gigz, since it's mainly for LINK/VD, but I held back on buying 10s of meters of USB-C 3.0 since I've only heard good things about VD. I cannot confirm any of those, I've only had rage and ctd with that app

Ceive
Dec 19, 2006

thank pizza skeltal

Pre-ordered a g2 at the start of July, and it arrived Monday. Some early observations coming from a Rift, Touch, and 2 camera setup.
  • The screen is very good looking. Like wow, that is a nice looking picture. There is a screen door affect, but it is very very very fine and I only see it with bright white colors while actively looking for it.
  • The headset doesn't feel like it is running as hot as the Rift.
  • The facial interface is securely held in place with magnets and has very thick padding.
  • I wear eyeglasses and the clearance is about the same as a rift. My glasses fit into the g2.
  • The earphones don't come close to sitting on my ears. Not very adjustable, so I pretty much got rid of them instantly.
  • The controllers are noticeably bigger than the Touch controllers. Personally I like the bigger feel of them as I used to use 3d printed handles for the Touch. The sensor ring on the g2 controllers is out on the front, so I am constantly banging them together as I get used to their larger profile.
  • The controllers overall feel cheaper. Cheaper plastic. Cheaper buttons. Super cheap rumble. Sticks are super springy. The grip buttons and triggers feel fine. Nothing really wrong with them, just feel very basic after using Touch controllers for so long.
  • No magnets or safety to keep the controller's battery door closed securely. A couple times it felt like the battery compartment was starting to open when being swung around.
  • Wrist straps are bad. Like "Why bother even including them" bad. Do not trust them at all. As soon as I finish tightening them they start coming loose again.
  • The cable length is good, but extending it seems troublesome. The displayport and usb feed into a small flat box where a separate power cable is also plugged in. If you extend from that end, you'll have three cables and a tiny fragile box rolling around your floor. If you tried extending from the headset end, I am not sure there is a thin enough connector that would fit into the headset slot.
  • Tracking (And picture clarity) seems better the further titled down you have the headset, so more pressure on your cheeks and nose than your forehead.
  • The tracking is... not good for things like Beat Saber. Fine for hands and shooty gun stuff I've tried so far. In Beat Saber with Touch controllers, I might have a couple tracking issues every third song. With the g2 the sabers usually end up flying all over the place every song. I'll have to be more aware of my stance and hand placement going forward.
  • The WMR interface and steam vr don't seem to like each other. A couple of times I've loaded a game, it will just be a laggy tracking nightmare and I have to quit out of everything to try again. I have not been able to get No Mans Sky to run smoothly yet.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

Ota_Himuro posted:

Quest 2 64gigz, since it's mainly for LINK/VD, but I held back on buying 10s of meters of USB-C 3.0 since I've only heard good things about VD. I cannot confirm any of those, I've only had rage and ctd with that app

Weird, it works great for me with the same headset.

sethsez
Jul 14, 2006

He's soooo dreamy...

Ceive posted:

• The earphones don't come close to sitting on my ears. Not very adjustable, so I pretty much got rid of them instantly.
They're not supposed to touch your ears. They're speakers, not earphones, and they (along with the same speakers on the Index) are widely considered the best audio solution for a VR headset by far. Give them another shot.

Ceive
Dec 19, 2006

thank pizza skeltal

sethsez posted:

They're not supposed to touch your ears. They're speakers, not earphones, and they (along with the same speakers on the Index) are widely considered the best audio solution for a VR headset by far. Give them another shot.

Oh neat. I'll give them another try then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OctaviusBeaver
Apr 30, 2009

Say what now?

Ota_Himuro posted:

The VD dev is active in the discord, give that a shot.