Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

President Beep posted:

the dude must have been getting paid to do that. no one would do that poo poo for free...

right?!

:lol:

that's why you make everything into a religion - people will gladly proselytize for free.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

lol Pete evans got murked for posting a meme on Instagram with a sonnegrad

literally everyone dropped the gently caress

I hadn't heard of the guy but he is a huge paleo diet advocate which fits into the creepy racist and sexist narrative of the "wellness" industry that modern society has degenerated from authentic natural living [which somehow magically aligns with traditional western gender roles]. he was already a known antivaxxer, that should have been enough. the woo woo wellness industry's tolerance of crap like that greased the tracks towards batshit town and now there's yoga teachers who have gone full qanon

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
it's almost as if people with broken bullshit detectors are suckered into all sorts of dumb ways of thinking.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

qirex posted:

I hadn't heard of the guy but he is a huge paleo diet advocate which fits into the creepy racist and sexist narrative of the "wellness" industry that modern society has degenerated from authentic natural living [which somehow magically aligns with traditional western gender roles]. he was already a known antivaxxer, that should have been enough. the woo woo wellness industry's tolerance of crap like that greased the tracks towards batshit town and now there's yoga teachers who have gone full qanon

the "well, actually"ness industry

Hunter2 Thompson
Feb 3, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

qirex posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoA_zY6tqQw

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

bump_fn posted:

the "well, actually"ness industry

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

he apparently had already given airtime to a holocaust denier and got busted by the aus government this year for selling a magic device he claimed would prevent covid

what the hell, aussies?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

qirex posted:

he apparently had already given airtime to a holocaust denier and got busted by the aus government this year for selling a magic device he claimed would prevent covid

what the hell, aussies?

former british colonies have similar cultural issues when it comes to caning drooling idiots

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
https://twitter.com/SecretDJBook/status/1328683385137614848

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

former british colonies have similar cultural issues when it comes to caning drooling idiots
keenly aware that as an american I don't have any moral high ground wrt idiot celebrities [side-eyes towards the white house] but aus seems to put up with more overt stuff, like the woman who claimed organic vegetables and raw milk cured her terminal cancer [caused by a vaccine, ofc] for like 3 years launching book deals, endoresements and tv appearances before someone found out she never actually had cancer oh and she also kept all the money she raised for charity

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Mr. Nice! posted:

:lol:

that's why you make everything into a religion - people will gladly proselytize for free.

:hmmyes:

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

qirex posted:

it is an interesting historical parallel that the golden-era ancient greeks were by and large of the opinion that they were living in an age of decay and degeneracy, largely expecting it to only get worse, and looking to stuff like the (actually mythological) sparta of lykurgos' day as when the world was right. for a lot of my life i have wondered what it was like to live in an era of broad pessimism about the future, so it is kind of weird to find that in like 15 years the mood has very broadly flipped that way.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I don't remember where I read it [watchmen???] but the phrase "nostalgia is appealing specifically because it's false" has become a hell of a lot more relevant to me in the era of making things great again

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

qirex posted:

I don't remember where I read it [watchmen???] but the phrase "nostalgia is appealing specifically because it's false" has become a hell of a lot more relevant to me in the era of making things great again

it's probably worked its way into popular media but that concept is very well understood in the academic circles of people who study such a thing

more to the point though i completely feel you on this

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

qirex posted:

Nostalgia is an open admission that your current life sucks poo poo compared to some imagined better past

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Sagebrush posted:

i will never forget the line "now you are immune to rubella"

Every now and then I think about "Praise be to allah, seenyor" and lol

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Nostalgia is an open admission that your current life sucks poo poo compared to some imagined better past

sure but drat if i don't miss some of the good parts of life back then

the important part is not forgetting the bad parts, like being broke all the time

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
um ignorance is bliss my good friend, view life thru rose tinted glasses and re-render your past thru an extreme rose instagram filter

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Fortaleza posted:

Every now and then I think about "Praise be to allah, seenyor" and lol

the whole thing is full of notable quotables. it’s also the first time i saw the term “dance walk” and it made such beautifully perfect sense when imagining it being said by a scared white person.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

President Beep posted:

the whole thing is full of notable quotables. it’s also the first time i saw the term “dance walk” and it made such beautifully perfect sense when imagining it being said by a scared white person.

back in 2009 or whenever that post was made, it was just silly and funny. now in 2020 i know that there are actually people who believe that's the future we're headed to

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

yeah i can't get over how prescient the mitt romney death rally thread was

we all knew it was coming we just couldn't admit it to ourselves

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

qirex posted:

keenly aware that as an american I don't have any moral high ground wrt idiot celebrities [side-eyes towards the white house] but aus seems to put up with more overt stuff, like the woman who claimed organic vegetables and raw milk cured her terminal cancer [caused by a vaccine, ofc] for like 3 years launching book deals, endoresements and tv appearances before someone found out she never actually had cancer oh and she also kept all the money she raised for charity

still being pursued apparently
https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2020/jan/22/cancer-con-artist-belle-gibsons-home-raided-in-effort-to-recoup-unpaid-fine

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
more of this guy and less ed bone

https://twitter.com/BenRossTweets/status/1328885611680260097

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

lol the tp shortages are back

we are so loving stupid :suicide:

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Hope your poop spatula is ready

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

GOP Sen. Chuck Grassley of Iowa tests positive for Covid-19

sickos.jpg

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

at me @
Hartmann dude

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

PIZZA.BAT posted:

lol the tp shortages are back

we are so loving stupid :suicide:

i read this on the way to the grocery store and bought another 12 rolls. :cheers:

(i'm not hoarding, i only have 2 left)

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
i bought a bidet the last time this happened

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
enjoy a sopping wet rear end

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
i do

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

echinopsis posted:

enjoy a sopping wet rear end

Jesus buy me dinner first

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
breaking news senator mitch mcconnell tests positive for turtle fibropapillomatosis

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

i have a buddy who works at a toilet paper factory so i'm set

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Truman Peyote posted:

i have a buddy who works at a toilet paper factory so i'm set

who the gently caress is profiting by printing out my posts, show yourselves

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

any paper can be toilet paper if u try

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Samuel L. ACKSYN posted:

do not use paper towels even in a pinch

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

protip: don't buy into the propaganda from big bidet when a super soaker works just as well

TerminalRaptor
Nov 6, 2012

Mostly Harmless

Samuel L. ACKSYN posted:

protip: don't buy into the propaganda from big bidet when a super soaker works just as well

The CPS 3000 just blew my balls off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Samuel L. ACKSYN posted:

its a joke, or maybe a real thing, around here that people use a 5 mao paper note in emergencies because its only worth about 7 cents