Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Violator posted:

That’s super neat.

Thanks for keeping us updated with all of these recaps. Had a baby recently and have had very little time to keep up so you guys are my go to for news on this wonderful thing.

Congrats! Welcome to the parent club!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Violator
May 15, 2003

Thanks. :) The world has been looking better lately.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
Happy Birthday (to your new kid)!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Makes sense he edits his own trailers. Those trailers got me to edit my own trailers.

A lot of inspiration in general came from Zack. I don’t do it much these days because I stopped color correcting my own poo poo but I would make the contrast super heavy and sorta grey and muted to match his style a bit for certain films.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I would like to state if Zack Snyder's climactic battle between Darksied and Superman is Superman singing a musical note to defeat Darkseid and the antilife equation thus save existence it will be awesome.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Gatts posted:

I would like to state if Zack Snyder's climactic battle between Darksied and Superman is Superman singing a musical note to defeat Darkseid and the antilife equation thus save existence it will be awesome.
He can have Superman do a whole "Love is the Drug" number to make up for it being cut from Sucker Punch.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

There’s a chance ZSJL might get a limited theatrical release. In the podcast on Friday, Snyder said “I can’t for you guys to see it in IMAX.” The comment wasn’t followed up on but it seems to imply a theatrical release.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Zack Snyder won't reach Grant Moeeison levels until the main villain of his movie jumps out into the real world and try to kill the WB execs for making the DCEU "too dark".

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Mr. Apollo posted:

There’s a chance ZSJL might get a limited theatrical release. In the podcast on Friday, Snyder said “I can’t for you guys to see it in IMAX.” The comment wasn’t followed up on but it seems to imply a theatrical release.

Well, that sucks. I love Snyder, but no.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Heads up, there's a chance to score some Justice League memorabilia from Zack

https://twitter.com/Josh2Gud4U/status/1327700742778605568?s=20

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

The MSJ posted:

Zack Snyder won't reach Grant Moeeison levels until the main villain of his movie jumps out into the real world and try to kill the WB execs for making the DCEU "too dark".

What if Zack splits the difference and just shits his pants on a 10 hours international flight?

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

That approach didn't work for Josh Trank, I believe.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Where the gently caress is the Magic Mike 3 sub forum?

Nroo
Dec 31, 2007

Looking forward to seeing Punished Joker

Kharn_The_Betrayer
Nov 15, 2013

Fun Shoe

Nroo posted:

Looking forward to seeing Punished Joker

you cant punish him if that's what he wants to begin with

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Heads up, losers

https://twitter.com/verotruesocial/status/1328441696250703874?s=19

That's 5pm UK time

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Just so I understand, they mean the previous existing teaser, yes? Or a new one?

Violator
May 15, 2003

McCloud posted:

Heads up, losers

Man, he loves doing stuff first thing in the morning.

Thought this was funny, I'm guessing Variety altered their screenshot. What if Wonder Woman '84 was in color?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

That guy is an irl supervillain

hump day bitches!
Apr 3, 2011

CelticPredator posted:

That guy is an irl supervillain

Scott Mendelson ? What has he done ?

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

hump day bitches! posted:

Besides writing for Forbes?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

thrawn527 posted:

Just so I understand, they mean the previous existing teaser, yes? Or a new one?

Existing teaser, but you can bet there's gonna be a surprise

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I don't follow the Snydercut stuff much anymore since it's a done deal and I don't need those folks to see them retweeting bits and little details from Zack Snyder and the rest of the crew (them getting super defensive over criticisms of the films were a small price to pay to see that sweet sweet concept art) but a few of them are getting super pissy over Variety and some other comic book news places taking some quotes from Zack Snyder out of context or something?

edit:

https://twitter.com/slashfilm/status/1328405258339373056

Jimbot fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Nov 17, 2020

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

thrawn527 posted:

Snyder said they’ll be discussing and re-releasing the existing teaser but it’ll have some “tweaks”. However, I’m sure there’s going to be something else.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Mr. Apollo posted:

Snyder said they’ll be discussing and re-releasing the existing teaser but it’ll have some “tweaks”. However, I’m sure there’s going to be something else.

Awesome, thanks! Looking forward to whatever happens tomorrow.

hump day bitches!
Apr 3, 2011

That whole thread , and hbombs tweet-quote have become an absolute wasteland of replies. Even I had to touch the poop.

A lot of people did not like that Logan comparison.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
I gotta say, I am unsure about the idea of a four hour black and white superhero movie. I don't know what would be added by it being in black and white. That said, Snyder talking about his "ideal" version of the movie, which is obviously not what will be released on HBO Max and will probably be reserved for some fan-screening at a con or something years from now, is causing a lot more anger than you would think

Violator
May 15, 2003

I think even early on after the original announcement he said something about the b&w version being his favorite and how it was likely to be released somehow. If Fury Road can do it might as well do it for JL if someone as visually minded as Snyder says it’s worth it.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Jimbot posted:

I don't follow the Snydercut stuff much anymore since it's a done deal and I don't need those folks to see them retweeting bits and little details from Zack Snyder and the rest of the crew (them getting super defensive over criticisms of the films were a small price to pay to see that sweet sweet concept art) but a few of them are getting super pissy over Variety and some other comic book news places taking some quotes from Zack Snyder out of context or something?

edit:

https://twitter.com/slashfilm/status/1328405258339373056

So will the mini series be black and white or will that be in the Snyder Snyder Cut Cut?

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

That whole thread , and hbombs tweet-quote have become an absolute wasteland of replies. Even I had to touch the poop.

A lot of people did not like that Logan comparison.

I guess it's fair to say that Justice League's theatrical cut was hot garbage but when they reply with "Logan was a good movie" in this case means "Zack Snyder's films are bad" because "i don't like" and "it is bad" are conflated.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

RBA Starblade posted:

So will the mini series be black and white or will that be in the Snyder Snyder Cut Cut?

Yes, to be released 2022 on HBO HBO MAX MAX.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Teaser trailer just (re) dropped. A few seconds of additional material plus it's in B&W lol.

https://vero.co/zacksnyder

josh04 posted:

HBOmax2

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Man, I wish Vero's compression wasn't so terrible. Naturally not a single shot is graded anything at all like the one from the article, because why on earth would it be.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

josh04 posted:

I'm seeing double! Two Marthas!

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Mr. Apollo posted:

Teaser trailer just (re) dropped. A few seconds of additional material plus it's in B&W lol.

josh04 posted:

Man, I wish Vero's compression wasn't so terrible. Naturally not a single shot is graded anything at all like the one from the article, because why on earth would it be.

Yeah, maybe it's the compression, maybe it's that the black & white that I don't personally like here, but that isn't really doing anything for me. And the first teaser (which is basically this, but in color) did, so....eh? Probably just that I've seen it already, but the fact that it's in black & white doesn't impress me, I guess.

I'm glad the thing itself will be in color. Just personal preference.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Mr. Apollo posted:

HBOmax2

What was the new material? Nothing jumped out at me that I hadn't seen before.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Would need to compare to be sure, but I think one new shot of Darkseid in a wide, the sequence of shots with Cyborg in the window, maybe the shot of Hippolyta with the cube?

RBA Starblade posted:

I'm seeing double! Two Marthas!

:golfclap:

e: surely "four Marthas!"

josh04 fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Nov 17, 2020

Violator
May 15, 2003

Definitely the hologram of Superman flying is new.

Yeah the kids playing football in the street and Cyborg in the window is new.

Yeah Darkseid with his arms held open in a wide shot is new.

More Amazon with cube as said.

Violator fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Nov 17, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Necrothatcher posted:

What was the new material? Nothing jumped out at me that I hadn't seen before.

josh04 posted:

Would need to compare to be sure, but I think one new shot of Darkseid in a wide, the sequence of shots with Cyborg in the window, maybe the shot of Hippolyta with the cube?

:golfclap:
There's also a bit more of the Superman hologram shot. Diana and Arthur are looking at him flying and then it switches to Bruce looking at it. (hopefully this will put to rest all the "it's actually Supergirl because the legs are feminine" arguments). Also the shot of Silas Stone being disintegrated by the motherbox, it now has blood flowing from his nose when the process starts. There's also an additional shot of the batmobile mowing down parademons with its machine guns and cannon.

Mr. Apollo fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Nov 17, 2020