Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

My PS5 was despatched from Very. It's happening, UK folks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

anothergod posted:

Is anyone else playing the poo poo out of Demons Souls PS3 because buying a PS5 is too hard right now?

im playing it on and off while i wait for my ps5.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Akuma posted:

Very good.

shopto..... STILL PROCESSSING uggh ship goddamn ship

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Akuma posted:

Ah, such jealousy.

GAME, give my PS5 to Yodel so it can get stolen, you cowards.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

CottonWolf posted:

Ah, such jealousy.

GAME, give my PS5 to Yodel so it can get stolen, you cowards.
Fortunately Very are using Royal Mail, who know the One Weird Trick to get into my building without a key so they can leave it outside my door in the hallway, instead of going down the wrong road like UPS did with my Xbox and coming back the next day!

May all our November Christmases come this Thursday, goons.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

MK11 for PS5 is now live. You have to "buy" the free upgrade as in the past, and it seems have to also do this for the DLC. I think if you pre-ordered Kombat Pack 2 you also have to claim the PS4 versions of the characters for you to be able to claim the PS5 versions.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
My “your order is being processed” from GAME specifically said that they’re shipping them the day before release but gosh it sure would be nice if they shipped it today!!

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

Has anyone tried it on a 1440p display? How bad is it?
Also can you charge third party devices with the USB-C port on the front?

Shy fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Nov 17, 2020

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Volte posted:

I've had the complete opposite experience. I didn't even charge it when I first got it and it lasted two days of pretty intense playing, probably twelve hours total before it gave me the low battery warning. DualShock 4 only lasted like four hours on a full charge.

Volte posted:

I've had the complete opposite experience. I didn't even charge it when I first got it and it lasted two days of pretty intense playing, probably twelve hours total before it gave me the low battery warning. DualShock 4 only lasted like four hours on a full charge.

Hmmm. Mine lasts like, 3 hours. Starting to wonder if I got a bad one.

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice
What on earth is ShopTo? Is that based in the UK or what. Their prices are in Euros. Just so that I can have my five shops open on thursday.

I have a work conference cool in the middle of the day, but that won't stop me!

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Shy posted:

Has anyone tried it on a 1440p display? How bad is it?
Also can you charge third party devices with the USB-C port on the front?

i've heard it downscales from 4k to 1440 and not the other way around so thats good. think you have to set it to 4k in the system settings tho.

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

Ok this BD drive is really loud. A conspiracy to make people buy digital copies

ufarn
May 30, 2009

henpod posted:

What on earth is ShopTo? Is that based in the UK or what. Their prices are in Euros. Just so that I can have my five shops open on thursday.

When in doubt, assume a tax evasion location like Jersey or something.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The update didnt apply itself in rest mode even tho i have that option selected. Weird

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

henpod posted:

shopto is uk yeah, think its based near london. if its showing you euros then i guess thats a cookies/region thing cos my prices are in great british pounds :britain: :scotland:

its funny tho, the name of the store and the way the old store used to be a barely functioning pos makes it look and sound like some scam store but they've been fantastic to me, usually get games early breaking street date, the way amazon used to do before they changed to their own delivery bullshit. they send out consoles via dpd, the best around. my switch was painless. one of the few that still send out early. shame they didnt price match base for the ps5 games tho. i got spider-man on the 12th from base but demon's souls came on the 14th instead for some reason.

not that i can play any of them ughghgshfuehfeskluhf

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

doomisland posted:

Ok this BD drive is really loud. A conspiracy to make people buy digital copies

Does it actually spin the disc when you're playing the game? I thought it was just installing to the SSD and the disc was DRM.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

The update didnt apply itself in rest mode even tho i have that option selected. Weird

The update is very new and I think rest mode only checks for updates once a day or on some sort of interval like that.

This was actually a pain with the PS4 because most game updates would come out early-mid afternoon and not actually start downloading or installing by the time I got home from work.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

CottonWolf posted:

Does it actually spin the disc when you're playing the game? I thought it was just installing to the SSD and the disc was DRM.
Sometimes it'll spin up, but not the whole time

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

College Slice

Vikar Jerome posted:

shopto is uk yeah, think its based near london. if its showing you euros then i guess thats a cookies/region thing cos my prices are in great british pounds :britain: :scotland:

its funny tho, the name of the store and the way the old store used to be a barely functioning pos makes it look and sound like some scam store but they've been fantastic to me, usually get games early breaking street date, the way amazon used to do before they changed to their own delivery bullshit. one of the few that still send out early. shame they didnt price match base for the ps5 games tho. i got spider-man on the 12th from base but demon's souls came on the 14th instead for some reason.

not that i can play any of them ughghgshfuehfeskluhf

Yeah, the site looks pretty lovely so I was wondering if they are proper. OK then, bookmarking that poo poo for The Refreshing.

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

Yeah I was installing FF7 which is whatever for that. Got to the menu in the game and it was still spinning and loud. Possible it spins down once you enter the game but since I'm 7 minutes from a work meeting did not start.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.
Rest mode update worked on my end. Applied the update 5h ago.

I couldn't find release notes, so is there a list of things we should keep track of to check when system updates roll out. Off the top my head I have

- Charging in rest mode from front USB-A port
- External Storage + Suspended games buggery
- ??

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.
Univbee probably already has a spreadsheet for this.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

henpod posted:

Yeah, the site looks pretty lovely so I was wondering if they are proper. OK then, bookmarking that poo poo for The Refreshing.

you should have seen how the site was before, thought for sure it was a card cloning scam.

they had a queue/register your interest for the consoles since june, and come official pre-order day, they sent an email saying "hey you still want a ps5 login to your account and click the big green button on your pre-order" it was so loving chill, even tho the site was dying. and the way they worded their emails they've sent me, it sounds like all their allocations are going to people still in their queues, so i wouldnt hold my breath for it. but who knows, you might get lucky, i got lucky with my switch a week before release with these guys. from what i've heard people who got a pre-order 2 weeks ago have been confirmed for day1. they have good varied payment options too. like if you pre-order something you can pay for the pre order whenever you want, however you want (paypal, paypal credit, zip ect) or just leave it until they charge your card. with these new consoles tho they made everyone pay it by the end of october or they were gonna can the pre-orders and give the slots to the next in line.

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Nov 17, 2020

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

College Slice

Vikar Jerome posted:

you should have seen how the site was before, thought for sure it was a card cloning scam.

they had a queue/register your interest for the consoles since june, and come official pre-order day, they sent an email saying "hey you still want a ps5 login to your account and click the big green button on your pre-order" it was so loving chill, even tho the site was dying. and the way they worded their emails they've sent me, it sounds like all their allocations are going to people still in their queues, so i wouldnt hold my breath for it. but who knows, you might get lucky, i got lucky with my switch a week before release with these guys. from what i've heard people who got a pre-order 2 weeks ago have been confirmed for day1. they have good varied payment options too. like if you pre-order something you can pay for the pre order whenever you want, however you want (paypal, paypal credit, zip ect) or just leave it until they charge your card. with these new consoles tho they made everyone pay it by the end of october or they were gonna can the pre-orders and give the slots to the next in line.

Cool. Well, another tab won't hurt. It's giving me the option to login with my Amazon credentials which is also weird. Probably not Phishing, but still.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

Finster Dexter posted:

Rest mode update worked on my end. Applied the update 5h ago.

I couldn't find release notes, so is there a list of things we should keep track of to check when system updates roll out. Off the top my head I have

- Charging in rest mode from front USB-A port
- External Storage + Suspended games buggery
- ??

My controllers charge from the front port in rest mode quite happily. :iiam:

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow
I get a PS5 and what game (other than Astro) do I load up? Assassin's Creed 4, which I bought at the PS4 launch and STILL haven't finished. Now I'm to the point where I feel I need to finish the game just to move on.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Finster Dexter posted:

Univbee probably already has a spreadsheet for this.

External storage is working swimmingly for me now.

Also check out the load times, when's the Tekken 7 PS5 port?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f86kDk-67Os

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

univbee posted:

holyshittt

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Vikar Jerome posted:

i've heard it downscales from 4k to 1440 and not the other way around so thats good. think you have to set it to 4k in the system settings tho.
Wait I thought it couldn't output at 1440p so you have to use 1080 or have a monitor that can downscale 4K input to its 1440p panel...

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

univbee posted:

The update is very new and I think rest mode only checks for updates once a day or on some sort of interval like that.

This was actually a pain with the PS4 because most game updates would come out early-mid afternoon and not actually start downloading or installing by the time I got home from work.

Balls

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

that's faster than starting a match in the arcade game lol

they should really just remove the loading screens altogether in these ps5 upgrades and just have it fade to black, at this point it's just just distracting more than anything. You're definitely not gonna be reading those tips that are onscreen for less than a second.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Spiderman is weird. Door right there? Nah comically large vent for me!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

univbee posted:

Wait, was there a loading screen? :eyepop:

V for Vegans
Jan 30, 2009

Augus posted:

that's faster than starting a match in the arcade game lol

they should really just remove the loading screens altogether in these ps5 upgrades and just have it fade to black, at this point it's just just distracting more than anything. You're definitely not gonna be reading those tips that are onscreen for less than a second.

The worst part of the new Spider-Man on PS5 is that you don’t get the cute subway traveling cutscenes when you fast travel because the game loads so quickly.

owl_pellet
Nov 20, 2005

show your enemy
what you look like

The game is trying to tell you that you shouldn't fast travel because web swinging is so good

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

what kind of spiderman takes the subway?

acksplode
May 17, 2004

V for Vegans posted:

The worst part of the new Spider-Man on PS5 is that you don’t get the cute subway traveling cutscenes when you fast travel because the game loads so quickly.

You can turn them on in options if you're the sort of freak that uses fast travel in Spider-Man

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

John F Bennett posted:

Even a spiderman sometimes has car trouble.

V for Vegans
Jan 30, 2009

John F Bennett posted:

There’s one mission at the start that makes you fast travel back to your house which is when I saw it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

Kirios posted:

Wouldn't you need a crossover cable (or a dummy switch) for that to work?

Apparently this isn't the case anymore, as other folks have said in the thread. I feel old.

Another question - is Spider-Man Remastered PS5 only available as a digital download? I prefer discs if I can help it.