Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Vote finder isnt picking me up?

##vote CCKeane

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990

Mr. Steak posted:

oh nvm you meant u think *gg* is town

lol

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990

RAGUSER

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I will admit I had to look up what a Girondist was

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

I'm mod confirmed town and don't want additional heat.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I am very confused about Bif's constant suspicion on me. Like every third post is just a subtle, "hey, remember, Grandi is scum."
Since I now think she is town I was just trying to ignore it, but I feel like just throwing that out there every 5 minutes is going to let the idea of me being a scum permeate the atmosphere until it just becomes a thing everyone is comfortable with.
I would like to say, for the record, I am not scum.

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

SHALASHASKA HAWKE posted:

Ceylon I would vote for being Girondist scum

Sacré bleu!!! :guillotine:

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven
Sorry all, checked out yesterday IRL. I'll catch up today. Was wrong about a lot of stuff d1 so I'll be re-evaluating.

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

Grandicap posted:

I am very confused about Bif's constant suspicion on me. Like every third post is just a subtle, "hey, remember, Grandi is scum."
Since I now think she is town I was just trying to ignore it, but I feel like just throwing that out there every 5 minutes is going to let the idea of me being a scum permeate the atmosphere until it just becomes a thing everyone is comfortable with.

I've been thinking about this as well.

I believe her claim about tracking Amni and being the NK target, because fakeclaiming tracker seems like a pretty bad gambit. Especially on a D2 where scum is already -2.

I think the post that ruffled scum's feathers was actually this one (re: b-minus' vote on GG):

Bifauxnen posted:

They should make an emoji that combines psyduck and ironicat, they can call it psyronicat

However, there's also this:

Grandicap posted:

Third is Bif. And this is entirely a self-meta thing... I think. Or maybe just regular meta. But I usually find myself agreeing with Bif's train of though, or at least following it and believing it is genuine. This Bif doesn't feel like that.
It's kind of like when people say "I think it's Grandi, I don't know why, but I just feel something off", which people usually say when I'm scum then never actually vote me. But that's the feeling I'm getting from Bif. A strong scum game so you have to look for the ripples under the water.

Obviously the weakest of the reads, but it kind of has to be because Bif wouldn't make any of the classic blunders like getting involved in a land war in Asia...

Bifauxnen posted:

Yeah. I don't like Grandi's push on you, compounded further by the fact he was pushing you in agreeance with me, while shading me for the fact he can't agree with my way of thinking!

Which isn't a terribly good look for you, but given the b-minus comment it's not a slam dunk.

She also shaded Hal and IA, but backed off those fairly quickly so I don't think that was it.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

To be fair, there is no way Bif would fakeclaim tracker in this situation. She might real-claim tracker as scum.
But that is unlikely because there is no real gain and a huge downside if caught in a lie on track targets.
So if she is a tracker, and she did track Amni, and she did see Amni visit her, and there were 3 kills last night, then Bif is town.

UNLESS there are 3 kills another night, and the Amni BG isn't one of the kills. Then Bif could be entirely telling the truth and still scum.
I think that's worth entirely discounting until we see another night with 3 kills though.

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

Grandicap posted:

To be fair, there is no way Bif would fakeclaim tracker in this situation. She might real-claim tracker as scum.
But that is unlikely because there is no real gain and a huge downside if caught in a lie on track targets.
So if she is a tracker, and she did track Amni, and she did see Amni visit her, and there were 3 kills last night, then Bif is town.

UNLESS there are 3 kills another night, and the Amni BG isn't one of the kills. Then Bif could be entirely telling the truth and still scum.
I think that's worth entirely discounting until we see another night with 3 kills though.

If we assume Bif is telling the truth about

1) Being a tracker
2) Tracking Amni N1, and received the result that Amni visited her

Then Bif was scum's NK target. Can there be any other explanation?

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

Grandicap posted:

That all but hard clears Bif to me. It is so low probability that she makes that claim as scum that I am willing to discount it entirely.

Hmmm

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Ceyton posted:

If we assume Bif is telling the truth about

1) Being a tracker
2) Tracking Amni N1, and received the result that Amni visited her

Then Bif was scum's NK target. Can there be any other explanation?

Multiple scum teams

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

Maf edit: oops, misread your post. That's not as incriminating as I thought.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Grandicap posted:

Lol what's there to be ~confused~ about?

I was pressuring Hal, but you're my other biggest suspicion so I didn't want that to just be forgotten in the meantime.

No it's not meant to be subtle but hey, it is meant to get people comfortable with the idea of voting you! Because I want people to vote for you! Because I think you're scum! Which is why I'm voting you myself! After trying to figure out who the scum are, convincing other people to vote with you is only the other major half of the game of Mafia so I wonder what's so confusing...

This does not read genuine to me at all

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
Beginning rereading now.

Got slightly delayed because I also had a weather based migraine on top of just being sadbrains, when it rains it pours huh.

First reread victim: Grandicap, as per decree of towniest town bif.

Grandicap posted:

First is IA

The reaction to the light suspicion dropped D1 on them really feels like scum who feel like they have been caught for the wrong reason. The incredulity, the pride, it's like a villainous monologue. This is definitely a tone read more than a content read, but I feel the dispassionate rage flowing off of these posts. Adding in the Lmao at the end doesn't cover it up.

Would vote.

Grandicap posted:

Second is AC

This is such shade for no goddamn reason. I didn't read posts before I entered the game, I am actively reading all posts past my entry into the thread. Seeing that many unread posts while not being in the game for less than 24 hours is disheartening. But this isn't a defense of my choice, it's the back handed reference to an event that has long since past and been rectified. It's the restoking of suspicion on me for reasons. This post is oozing with scum-mind. The calling out Keane is weird too. This response is to:

The vitriol doesn't seem warrented.
Alice: "Hey, what do you think about this situation?"
Bob: "gently caress off, why weren't you listening when I thought about things before?"

The Rarity take has legs, I think Rarity's Hal vote is based on bad reasoning, but I don't feel like it is coming from a bad place. Has legs might be a bad turn of phrase, but I don't this AC is scummy for thinking it is the better phrasing, maybe?

Grandicap posted:

Third is Bif. And this is entirely a self-meta thing... I think. Or maybe just regular meta. But I usually find myself agreeing with Bif's train of though, or at least following it and believing it is genuine. This Bif doesn't feel like that.
It's kind of like when people say "I think it's Grandi, I don't know why, but I just feel something off", which people usually say when I'm scum then never actually vote me. But that's the feeling I'm getting from Bif. A strong scum game so you have to look for the ripples under the water.

Obviously the weakest of the reads, but it kind of has to be because Bif wouldn't make any of the classic blunders like getting involved in a land war in Asia...

Grandicap's 3 suspicions early on. Honestly... All 3 of those ping me in different ways. The first one seem overblown to me, painting the people in a bad light almost as the main goal more than anything. The third one's just wishy washy "doesn't feel like meta".

Of note is that Grandicap ended up voting IA, which is supposedly "a tone read" whereas "AC is oozing with scum-mind", which... would imply a stronger scumread? Not entirely sure whats up there.

Also Grandicap REALLY wants us to know that the rarity lunch is bad and oh no we're going to townie and oh no I will vote the townie to prevent a no lunch.

Grandicap posted:

I exist and am caught up, I disagree on the Rarity case, I think it's more that Bif actually put together a d1 case that has reasonableness to it so people are more likely to vote there, but I find her interactions reasonable and not scumthink.
I will vote there to prevent a no-execute, but will not work to advance the case.

Grandicap posted:

As a sign that I don't agree with the case more than anything. I will vote there if my vote is required at EOD.

Grandicap posted:

I am not happy about this vote, but I don't wanna watch the thread do nothing for another hour.
##vote Rarity

Not entirely sure Grandicap is the right vote because their tone just seems to ping me overall since it seems somewhat... theatrical? no matter what. But these are things that bothered me with grandi d1.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

The funny thing is, Grandi's big conspicuous disagreement with the Rarity lunch is one of the things I find least scummy about him, just because I find that idea of wanting to look like you're on the right side of a lunch to be so alien to my own usual way of thinking. It seems like a risk to stand out for something that won't even really benefit you. Townies can go all out on reads that are just plain wrong all the time. But I'm aware a lot of scums feel that urge anyway, to look like they were fighting the good fight.

But I also thought those phrases like "oozing with scum-mind" were way over the top

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Why's that the least scummy thing? I'm not sure I fully understand.

But yeah my personal opinion is... mislunches happen. Town, by definition, has imperfect knowledge. So someone seeming too sure that a player is town always raises my eyebrow. Both steak and sandwolf bothered me there and grandi especially.

Also I'm a bit confused over the hal push. I have trouble reading Hal at the best of times, admittedly, but it doesn't seem independently scummy to me.

B- has barely anything and the mention of Hal was... really just a mention, imo. They state being scum pinged by hal and then immediately agree with them.

It doesn't read like bussing to me, honestly. Doesn't mean anything alignment wise, but I think that exchange is natural at least?

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Admittedly, yesterday's still a bit of a haze and I'm rereading individual post histories rn. So maybe I'm missing context from actual conversation.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Yami Fenrir posted:

B- has barely anything and the mention of Hal was... really just a mention, imo. They state being scum pinged by hal and then immediately agree with them.

It doesn't read like bussing to me, honestly. Doesn't mean anything alignment wise, but I think that exchange is natural at least?

I dunno Yami, it really does to me, even the way you word it here feels scummy. Like, I don't necessarily think you're being *super* scummy, but you give a perfect example of how scum would disingenuously put suspicion on a teammate, that is ultimately fake (immediately agreed w/ Hal)

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

0% interest in pursuing Bif.

I think we would be wiser either A) lunching a lurker B) kicking up lurkers to vote before we choose a lunch

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Sandwolf posted:

I dunno Yami, it really does to me, even the way you word it here feels scummy. Like, I don't necessarily think you're being *super* scummy, but you give a perfect example of how scum would disingenuously put suspicion on a teammate, that is ultimately fake (immediately agreed w/ Hal)

I read it more as a "flow of thought" kind of thing.

As in they posted that "pinged by" and then noticed that post and went "that actually makes sense" and posted to that effect.

I suppose you do have a point though. Even if my gut feeling is that that exchange doesn't feel constructed enough.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Sandwolf posted:

I think we would be wiser either A) lunching a lurker B) kicking up lurkers to vote before we choose a lunch

wait, bif? why would we pursue bif?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Yami Fenrir posted:

Why's that the least scummy thing? I'm not sure I fully understand.

But yeah my personal opinion is... mislunches happen. Town, by definition, has imperfect knowledge. So someone seeming too sure that a player is town always raises my eyebrow. Both steak and sandwolf bothered me there and grandi especially.

Yeah, sounding way too sure about someone as town when it's not warranted also raises my suspicions. But Grandi being so conspicuous about it to "take a stand" or whatever starts to almost get into too-scummy-to-be-scum territory for me, since it's drawing so much attention to that stance that I think never even actually wins you townie points?

So that's the part of the case on Grandi I just feel a bit more uncertain about.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Yami Fenrir posted:

wait, bif? why would we pursue bif?

Grandi is posting a lot of words about why we shouldn't pursue Bif but oooh maybe we should be suspicious of her~~ and I'm just making sure I do my part to shut that poo poo down

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Sandwolf posted:

I do agree there's a big field of people who don't have much to go on right now. So I like B at least.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Bifauxnen posted:

I do agree there's a big field of people who don't have much to go on right now. So I like B at least.

alternatively, I have no interest in this game getting to D4, we've lunched mostly talkative people, then I have to spend 2x effort trying to get anyone to even post

I think we should lunch chaoslord today. He is actively lurking (responds when called out), when prodded for reads he dodged and avoided, and then immediately disappeared back into the background.

Vote Chaoslord.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Sandwolf posted:

alternatively, I have no interest in this game getting to D4, we've lunched mostly talkative people, then I have to spend 2x effort trying to get anyone to even post

I think we should lunch chaoslord today. He is actively lurking (responds when called out), when prodded for reads he dodged and avoided, and then immediately disappeared back into the background.

Vote Chaoslord.

Wow we do have some really aggressive lurkers this game, I completely missed that over the D1 with actual content.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Sandwolf posted:

this is maybe the only post Sal has really made with content in it (no offense Sal) but it's definitely..somethin'

I'm a Blue Mage so I can copy abilities and use the following night. I figured if I could copy Yami's ability it might be a form of "soft copping" but instead I got a message saying my action failed. I'm trying to figure out if Yami got jailed or something or if they just don't have a night action I can copy.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Yami Fenrir posted:

Wow we do have some really aggressive lurkers this game, I completely missed that over the D1 with actual content.

yeah like a solid 7-8 people who really need fires lit beneath their booty

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

SalTheBard posted:

I'm a Blue Mage so I can copy abilities and use the following night. I figured if I could copy Yami's ability it might be a form of "soft copping" but instead I got a message saying my action failed. I'm trying to figure out if Yami got jailed or something or if they just don't have a night action I can copy.

Sounds like it'd fail on vanilla too, no?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Sandwolf posted:

Sounds like it'd fail on vanilla too, no?

I guess I hadn't thought about it from that perspective. I would find a vanilla character very unusual unless they have some sort of 1 shot ability that I couldn't copy.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I am, ostensibly, vanilla town

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

SalTheBard posted:

I guess I hadn't thought about it from that perspective. I would find a vanilla character very unusual unless they have some sort of 1 shot ability that I couldn't copy.

Rarity flipped VT.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

man, one game with no visible lurker rules and you see why lurker rules exist, jeez.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Yami Fenrir posted:

man, one game with no visible lurker rules and you see why lurker rules exist, jeez.

I wish I had a gun with 3 lurker bullets because in a game this size it's also a lot harder for me to individually pressure people to :justpost:

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Yami Fenrir posted:

Rarity flipped VT.

Yami Fenrir posted:

For some reason I just looked at alignment, saw town and then for some reason vanilla just didn't even flash with me. I think it was the chaos of N1 flips. Well ok that makes me feel better about Yami.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

SalTheBard posted:

For some reason I just looked at alignment, saw town and then for some reason vanilla just didn't even flash with me. I think it was the chaos of N1 flips. Well ok that makes me feel better about Yami.

Did you feel bad about me before? Or was that just a night action bingo thing.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Yami Fenrir posted:

Did you feel bad about me before? Or was that just a night action bingo thing.

I was slightly sus on you D1. I thought your interaction with Apostate seemed oddly aggressive compared to how you usually play

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

SalTheBard posted:

I was slightly sus on you D1. I thought your interaction with Apostate seemed oddly aggressive compared to how you usually play

Huh? I was defending AC tho?