Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

change my name posted:

The reviews for that wifi adapter are really bad, I would drop the CPU cooler, use the stock Wraith that comes with the Ryzen, and put that money towards something like this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0713RRZMB/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I just grabbed the cheapest adapter without looking. I'll add that to the list.

I thought the stock Ryzen cooler was really loud. Is that not the case with the 3100, or should I add that to the 'buy it yourself, kid' list?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

TheMadMilkman posted:

I thought the stock Ryzen cooler was really loud. Is that not the case with the 3100, or should I add that to the 'buy it yourself, kid' list?

It comes with the Wraith Stealth, same as my Ryzen 5 3600, and it's been totally fine so far for me. Like, not noticeably loud.

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

TheMadMilkman posted:

I mean. At idle it should be pretty quiet. At full load it won’t sound like your in a wind tunnel but it won’t be silent.

If you’re unsure, just google wrath stealth noise levels and watch a video, then do the same for the cooler you picked.

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

Worst that happens is that we buy one after Christmas, right?

I'll take your advice and start with the stock cooler. He can choose to upgrade if he wants.

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

change my name posted:

The reviews for that wifi adapter are really bad, I would drop the CPU cooler, use the stock Wraith that comes with the Ryzen, and put that money towards something like this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0713RRZMB/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Why not just put the $10 toward an Aorus Pro Wifi over the MSI without it?

https://www.amazon.com/GIGABYTE-B450-AORUS-PRO-WIFI/dp/B07FW85VFT

I love this board. edit: IN fact they sell it with 16GB of RAM which is exactly the same price as OP's RAM. This works out cheaper & is one less slot being taken up, even if it is just a 1x, and it eliminates Newegg as a vendor.

bus hustler fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Nov 17, 2020

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012

vanilla slimfast posted:

I believe the VGA light on your mobo is telling you that it detected a video card is installed, you just don’t have anything to hook it up to right now. In this case, VGA is being used as shorthand for “video card” and has nothing to do with the interconnect (confusing, I know)

Yep! Turns out you were right. I thought since it had a RED LIGHT, it was something more worrisome. Just tested out the computer using a neighbour's monitor and everything is dandy.

Cheers again everyone!

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

bus hustler posted:

Why not just put the $10 toward an Aorus Pro Wifi over the MSI without it?

https://www.amazon.com/GIGABYTE-B450-AORUS-PRO-WIFI/dp/B07FW85VFT

I love this board. edit: IN fact they sell it with 16GB of RAM which is exactly the same price as OP's RAM. This works out cheaper & is one less slot being taken up, even if it is just a 1x, and it eliminates Newegg as a vendor.

I was going to ask if this would have issues with Ryzen 3 chips, but Amazon reviews show that it's not a problem. I probably overlooked it because of RGB incompatibilities with Corsair's iCUE stuff, but I can work around it somehow, even if it just gets turned off.

So, let's see... nix the tower cooler and wifi, go with a Gigabyte wifi mobo and RAM combo from Amazon... I think I'm ready to start ordering.

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

TheMadMilkman posted:

I was going to ask if this would have issues with Ryzen 3 chips, but Amazon reviews show that it's not a problem. I probably overlooked it because of RGB incompatibilities with Corsair's iCUE stuff, but I can work around it somehow, even if it just gets turned off.

So, let's see... nix the tower cooler and wifi, go with a Gigabyte wifi mobo and RAM combo from Amazon... I think I'm ready to start ordering.

Ooo I forgot about that part, maybe someone else can chime in if that's really dumb

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods
Just managed to grab a 5600x, and I got my 3070 last week, any issues with this for a new build?

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 3.7 GHz 6-Core Processor (£311.51 @ Overclockers.co.uk)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 RGB Black Edition 57.3 CFM CPU Cooler (£43.40 @ Amazon UK)
Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 AORUS ELITE ATX AM4 Motherboard (£137.57 @ CCL Computers)
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory (£188.68 @ Newegg UK)
Storage: Crucial P1 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive (£89.71 @ Amazon UK)
Video Card: MSI GeForce RTX 3070 8 GB VENTUS 3X OC Video Card (£662.95 @ Overclockers.co.uk)
Case: Fractal Design Meshify C ATX Mid Tower Case (£79.98 @ Amazon UK)
Power Supply: EVGA G3 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply (£209.99 @ Amazon UK)
Total: £1723.79

The RAM is the biggest unknown for me, my own research leads me to a 2x16gb kit at 3600 to be ideal paired with Zen 3, but please correct me if that's not the case. And the SSD is NVME right?

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

bus hustler posted:

Ooo I forgot about that part, maybe someone else can chime in if that's really dumb

I already ordered the mobo. It's not a deal breaker, and on-board wifi would definitely be more convenient.

Now, of course, I'm pouring over different 1650 Super cards and will probably spend a bit more on it to get a physically large one. Not because it is of any benefit, but because I know that my son will love seeing a bigger card.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

GuardianOfAsgaard posted:

Just managed to grab a 5600x, and I got my 3070 last week, any issues with this for a new build?

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 RGB Black Edition 57.3 CFM CPU Cooler (£43.40 @ Amazon UK)
Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 AORUS ELITE ATX AM4 Motherboard (£137.57 @ CCL Computers)
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory (£188.68 @ Newegg UK)
Storage: Crucial P1 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive (£89.71 @ Amazon UK)
Video Card: MSI GeForce RTX 3070 8 GB VENTUS 3X OC Video Card (£662.95 @ Overclockers.co.uk)
Case: Fractal Design Meshify C ATX Mid Tower Case (£79.98 @ Amazon UK)
Power Supply: EVGA G3 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply (£209.99 @ Amazon UK)
Total: £1723.79

The RAM is the biggest unknown for me, my own research leads me to a 2x16gb kit at 3600 to be ideal paired with Zen 3, but please correct me if that's not the case. And the SSD is NVME right?

sean10mm posted:

e: Also don't buy the P1 when the SN550 is better and basically the same price, that old P1 recommendation keeps coming up and just needs to die IMO.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

GuardianOfAsgaard posted:

The RAM should be fine, but your SSD isn't. Get the WD Blue SN550, it's better as a main drive. Also that PSU looks abnormally expensive.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Butterfly Valley posted:

The RAM should be fine, but your SSD isn't. Get the WD Blue SN550, it's better as a main drive. Also that PSU looks abnormally expensive.

My guess is all the legit sellers are out of stock and a scalper showed up on a PC Part Picker vendor to jack up the price.

(Don't actually spend that much on a PSU.}

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods
Alright thanks guys, I will swap the SSD for the WD. And yeah I wouldn't pay that price for the PSU. I actually have a 3/4 years old 650w EVGA gold in my current rig that I might just carry over.

No Pants
Dec 10, 2000

sean10mm posted:

Right now getting a 3080 or a 5600X is an exercise in :f5: a lot or watching a stock tracker like https://discord.gg/vQKAedap7r

There aren't really any bad 3080 cards that I know of TBH

This is my take for a "barebones" (LOL) 4k60 build.

PCPartPicker Part List

Motherboard: MSI MAG B550M BAZOOKA Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard ($129.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Fractal Design Meshify C ATX Mid Tower Case ($87.98 @ Newegg)
I tried to do an MSI/Meshify C build, and that orientation of the 20-pin USB header makes it really hard to get the front ports plugged in without breaking something or accidentally bending the pins. I ended up using a different MB for other reasons, but I was looking at 90-degree and low-profile adapters before I switched.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

No Pants posted:

I tried to do an MSI/Meshify C build, and that orientation of the 20-pin USB header makes it really hard to get the front ports plugged in without breaking something or accidentally bending the pins. I ended up using a different MB for other reasons, but I was looking at 90-degree and low-profile adapters before I switched.

That's good to know! Which MSI board was it and which board did you change to?

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
Can someone explain RGB fan connectors/ecosystems really quick? I have these with the controller that connects to a USB header on the mobo https://www.bestbuy.com/site/therma...p?skuId=6339072 The software sucks so I found this https://github.com/MoshiMoshi0/TTController which is ok if you can edit a config file.

I want to get 3 more fans, but considered a new brand since that software sucked so much. They all seem to have these USB controllers which probably wouldn't work since that's in use. Are there ways to sync all this stuff? Are there RGB fans that either connect to or have controllers that connect to the mobo fan header? I've also heard of RGB headers which I guess my barebones MSI B450-A Pro still has.

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

KingKapalone posted:

Can someone explain RGB fan connectors/ecosystems really quick? I have these with the controller that connects to a USB header on the mobo https://www.bestbuy.com/site/therma...p?skuId=6339072 The software sucks so I found this https://github.com/MoshiMoshi0/TTController which is ok if you can edit a config file.

I want to get 3 more fans, but considered a new brand since that software sucked so much. They all seem to have these USB controllers which probably wouldn't work since that's in use. Are there ways to sync all this stuff? Are there RGB fans that either connect to or have controllers that connect to the mobo fan header? I've also heard of RGB headers which I guess my barebones MSI B450-A Pro still has.

Corsair.

All the badass fans you see are probably these: https://www.amazon.com/Corsair-LL120-120mm-Light-Lighting/dp/B075VGN4M1

Or they somehow put even more LEDs into these: https://www.amazon.com/Corsair-QL120-120mm-Triple-Lighting/dp/B07Z9SW756

You can get 3 fans that come with a "node core" that has 6 connectors for corsair RGB products (yes, corsair has proprietary RGB connectors) like fans and light strips.

The "commander pro" is another thing corsair sells that you swill see people mention, a "commander pro" is a "node core" that can also control fan speeds based on things like the GPU temperature. (you dont need one)

Idk if you can plug your existing fans into your mobo header or not but you cant plug them into a "node core" unfortunately.

some lighting things they can do: https://www.techpowerup.com/review/corsair-ll120-rgb/4.html

You can have every one of the 16 LEDs in each fan doing something completely different if you wanted. You can even make custom lighting effects from scratch on a graph that lets you change colors over time.

spunkshui fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Nov 17, 2020

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

sean10mm posted:

My guess is all the legit sellers are out of stock and a scalper showed up on a PC Part Picker vendor to jack up the price.

(Don't actually spend that much on a PSU.}

Yeah, be careful because sites like Newegg sometimes default to third-party sellers, where you will see massively inflated prices. You can disable this, or just scroll down to the "other vendors" section and select the store you're actually at (Newegg, or whatever).

For instance, when I first clicked on my PSU it took me to some reseller that was charging $130 over list, doubling the price. :monocle:

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Looking good.

Look if it closes it's good.

nr200p
big shuriken 3
Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX Mini ITX AM4 Motherboard
Thermaltake Riing Quad 12
Asus Tuf 3080

Yes that rug is great at hiding screws.

No Pants
Dec 10, 2000

sean10mm posted:

That's good to know! Which MSI board was it and which board did you change to?

It was a MAG B550M MORTAR, switched to a TUF GAMING B550M PLUS.

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
I'm thinking about building a new PC somewhere between now and spring, but I'm still having trouble choosing the right GPU. Basically I know next to little about the market, and don't want to spend more than €170. So far what I've found is the GTX 1650S for around €170 in my country. Is that still a good choice, or should I wait, are there better alternatives? I'm not expecting stellar performance, just a budget gamer option for the occasional game.

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

busalover posted:

I'm thinking about building a new PC somewhere between now and spring, but I'm still having trouble choosing the right GPU. Basically I know next to little about the market, and don't want to spend more than €170. So far what I've found is the GTX 1650S for around €170 in my country. Is that still a good choice, or should I wait, are there better alternatives? I'm not expecting stellar performance, just a budget gamer option for the occasional game.

If that's your top end, then no, there's nothing better out there at that price. And nothing on the horizon, either, is going to be that low a price.

Unless you're willing to go into the used market, of course. Though I have to admit, I, personally, am always too scared to do that for electronics. But if you were, you might find a 1660 Super.

Funso Banjo fucked around with this message at 11:24 on Nov 18, 2020

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006

busalover posted:

The other option here is an RX580; I picked an XFX one up in April for £150/€170 and it does Hitman 2 / Diablo III / Witcher 3 on High at 1080p just fine, the step up from that is the 1660 but you're looking into the £200-220 / €220-240 region there

busalover
Sep 12, 2020

Funso Banjo posted:

If that's your top end, then no, there's nothing better out there at that price. And nothing on the horizon, either, is going to be that low a price.

Unless you're willing to go into the used market, of course. Though I have to admit, I, personally, am always too scared to do that for electronics. But if you were, you might find a 1660 Super.

Eh no. Maybe before Bitcoin, but I don't really trust the used market.

Doccykins posted:

The other option here is an RX580; I picked an XFX one up in April for £150/€170 and it does Hitman 2 / Diablo III / Witcher 3 on High at 1080p just fine, the step up from that is the 1660 but you're looking into the £200-220 / €220-240 region there

That one is actually pricier in my region. Also that website https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/AMD-RX-580-vs-Nvidia-GTX-1650S-Super/3923vs4058 tells me it's not better, but idk if that site is a front for nvidia or just bs.

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006
ah if it's more expensive now then yeah dont bother, go with the 1650S; I must have got mine in a sale

zhar
May 3, 2019

Modified my list again, making sure it's still AOK.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 82.5 CFM CPU Cooler (£79.99 @ CCL Computers)
Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-E GAMING ATX AM4 Motherboard (£160)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory (£133.46 @ Scan.co.uk)
Storage: Western Digital Blue SN550 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive (£89.89 @ CCL Computers)
Storage: Western Digital Blue 2 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive (£49.49 @ Amazon UK)
Video Card: Palit GeForce RTX 3080 10 GB GamingPro Video Card (£685)
Case: Fractal Design Meshify C ATX Mid Tower Case (£81.48 @ Scan.co.uk)
Power Supply: Gigabyte P GM 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply (£94.40 @ Alza)
Total: £1805.37
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-11-18 13:50 GMT+0000

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Looks great.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
The GPU market is absolutely wild right now. I just sold my 2070S for $630 including tax on ebay. I bought it for $540 with tax 16 months ago. The ebay fees really suck but I'm getting like $515 for this card after it's all done, and my friend was able to snag me a 3070 for $600...

I'll be a happy owner of a 3070 tomorrow!

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

drat if I could get like $550 for my 2080ti I'd definitely consider "stepping up" to a 3080 for $150.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

bus hustler posted:

drat if I could get like $550 for my 2080ti I'd definitely consider "stepping up" to a 3080 for $150.

Used 2080 Ti's are selling for $900 on ebay.

I_Socom
Jul 18, 2007

A great ride that requires finesse and effort to get the best out of it.

zhar posted:

Modified my list again, making sure it's still AOK.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 82.5 CFM CPU Cooler (£79.99 @ CCL Computers)
Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-E GAMING ATX AM4 Motherboard (£160)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory (£133.46 @ Scan.co.uk)
Storage: Western Digital Blue SN550 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive (£89.89 @ CCL Computers)
Storage: Western Digital Blue 2 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive (£49.49 @ Amazon UK)
Video Card: Palit GeForce RTX 3080 10 GB GamingPro Video Card (£685)
Case: Fractal Design Meshify C ATX Mid Tower Case (£81.48 @ Scan.co.uk)
Power Supply: Gigabyte P GM 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply (£94.40 @ Alza)
Total: £1805.37
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-11-18 13:50 GMT+0000

Two notes on this:
1) You can save the princely sum of £5 with this RAM instead (AFAICS it's the same thing): https://www.scan.co.uk/products/32gb-2x16gb-corsair-ddr4-vengeance-lpx-black-pc4-28800-3600-non-ecc-unbuffered-cas-18-135v-amd-ryzen
2) If you buy before the 22nd you can get £30 cashback on the motherboard: https://www.scan.co.uk/shops/asus/gaming-weeks

I placed a very similar order to yours earlier today :v:

zhar
May 3, 2019

Thanks, I actually switched to that motherboard because of your heads up earlier in the thread.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Reviews are in for the new Radeon cards and they look on par with the 3000 series (except for weird proprietary NVIDIA ray tracing stuff in certain games)... but they're also sold out absolutely everywhere

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

zhar posted:

OCuK don't actually have that CPU in stock, only available for pre-order. You might want to wait until the retailers selling it for £30 cheaper restock.

zhar
May 3, 2019

Bryter posted:

OCuK don't actually have that CPU in stock, only available for pre-order. You might want to wait until the retailers selling it for £30 cheaper restock.

Yeah that's a placeholder for now. Might even end up getting a 3600 if there's no availability.

change my name posted:

Reviews are in for the new Radeon cards and they look on par with the 3000 series (except for weird proprietary NVIDIA ray tracing stuff in certain games)... but they're also sold out absolutely everywhere

Nvidia are ahead when it comes to DLSS, raytracing and productivity tasks for little more than the radeons so in my opinion it's still preferable to try and get a FE unless the extra ram is especially important for you.

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Hello, everyone, I have a question again! I managed to grab a case, motherboard, processor, power supply, and RAM, but I've hit my budget for this month and won't be able to afford a video card until next month. I have an older video card in my current PC that's in good condition, a NVIDIA GeForce GT 545, and I was wondering if it would be possible to install it as a hold-over until I get a card next month. Some cursory research says "Yes", but I wanted to check and make sure from the cool kids.

This will be my system setup:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X 3.8 GHz 6-Core Processor ($239.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: MSI MPG B550 GAMING EDGE WIFI ATX AM4 Motherboard ($189.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory ($89.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Lian Li Lancool II Mesh ATX Mid Tower Case ($119.99 @ B&H)
Power Supply CORSAIR CX-F RGB Series CX550F RGB White 550W 80 PLUS Bronze Fully Modular ATX Power Supply, CP-9020225-NA ($69.99 @ Newegg)
Hard Drive SanDisk 500GB Extreme Portable SSD - Up to 1050MB/s - USB-C, USB 3.2 Gen 2 - External Solid State Drive - SDSSDE61-500G-G25 ($94.99 @ Amazon)

GPU ???: NVIDIA GeForce GT 545

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Idk about cool kid but yes, PCI Express is backwards and forwards compatible.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Catalina posted:

Hello, everyone, I have a question again! I managed to grab a case, motherboard, processor, power supply, and RAM, but I've hit my budget for this month and won't be able to afford a video card until next month. I have an older video card in my current PC that's in good condition, a NVIDIA GeForce GT 545, and I was wondering if it would be possible to install it as a hold-over until I get a card next month. Some cursory research says "Yes", but I wanted to check and make sure from the cool kids.

This will be my system setup:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X 3.8 GHz 6-Core Processor ($239.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: MSI MPG B550 GAMING EDGE WIFI ATX AM4 Motherboard ($189.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory ($89.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Lian Li Lancool II Mesh ATX Mid Tower Case ($119.99 @ B&H)
Power Supply CORSAIR CX-F RGB Series CX550F RGB White 550W 80 PLUS Bronze Fully Modular ATX Power Supply, CP-9020225-NA ($69.99 @ Newegg)
Hard Drive SanDisk 500GB Extreme Portable SSD - Up to 1050MB/s - USB-C, USB 3.2 Gen 2 - External Solid State Drive - SDSSDE61-500G-G25 ($94.99 @ Amazon)

GPU ???: NVIDIA GeForce GT 545

Yes, it should work just fine in the interim - the only thing I'd caution is to make sure your power supply is adequate for the GPU you're eventually going to put in there (likely will be, just the newest generation of GPUs are power hungry)

also, why is your listed hard drive 500GB and external? (e: oh duh, because you're going to use your existing drive)

LGD fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Nov 18, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

change my name posted:

I wouldn't call ray tracing weird and proprietary, given the amount of new games that are incorporating it at this point. Also DLSS makes a huge difference where games have it, and AMD evidently think the wind is blowing that way as they're developing their own ray tracing and upscaling tech, but their tech is a generation behind nvidias.