Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Oh. I got you and Amnistars avatars confused when I was reading back D1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

SalTheBard posted:

Oh. I got you and Amnistars avatars confused when I was reading back D1.

Oh yeah that makes more sense, Amni's aggressiveness against AC is why I pushed amni at the time as well lol.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Why was Amni's aggressiveness towards AC scummy but mine was less scummy?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I had been playing Among Us with Apostate and was really digging them so I was annoyed at all the people that I received as being aggressive towards them

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

SalTheBard posted:

I had been playing Among Us with Apostate and was really digging them so I was annoyed at all the people that I received as being aggressive towards them

this is valid, not saying it isn't, but I do find it curious that you're making those judgments totally beyond any alignments

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Sandwolf posted:

Why was Amni's aggressiveness towards AC scummy but mine was less scummy?

I kinda just ignored your posts at the time since I figured that little blowout between us colored my opinion too much, tbh.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
My biggest Mafia fault is playing from the perspective that everyone is town vs everyone is scum

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Hi Sal welcome back. What do you think about the discussions from yesterday (irl)?

Sandwolf posted:

0% interest in pursuing Bif.

I think we would be wiser either A) lunching a lurker B) kicking up lurkers to vote before we choose a lunch

I'm pretty much always down to lunch lurkers.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Heh guess we could always come back to Grandi later and in the meantime I can just remind people he's scum every three posts

##vote Chaoslord

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Bifauxnen posted:

Heh guess we could always come back to Grandi later and in the meantime I can just remind people he's scum every three posts

##vote Chaoslord

Works for me. I don't really care which lurker goes, as long as it motivates the rest. :v:

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

##vote chaoslord

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

I guess not technically a lurker but there's sure a lot of talk about watching sports and not a whole lotta content!

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Yami Fenrir posted:

I guess not technically a lurker but there's sure a lot of talk about watching sports and not a whole lotta content!

Yeah basically there IS a (maybe somewhat thin) case on chaoslord, in addition to him lurking, so I think it's a decent vote today.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

DGK2000 posted:

I am very out of my depth in big games like this.

I understand but I still want you to post moreeeeeeeeeeee

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Gumball Gumption posted:

Hey, I'm absolutely not here to play seriously

the time to play... is n o w

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

As one of the top 5 posters in this thread, DGK, let me tell you something:

I have no idea what I'm doing.

So don't worry about it and :justpost:

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Rhjamiz posted:

Honestly D1 seems like a mandatory re-read now. Probably later tonight while I'm making fried rice.

Any word on that re-read?

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

wait that quote isn't even anywhere recent is it.

Oh well, gives more truth to my statement I suppose. :v:

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

t a s t e posted:

I’m vanilla town

ok taste guaranteed vt t a s t e, please offer your thoughts

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

you just keep posting and then someone responds to you and then you respond to that..

before you know it... we have a conversation... wow

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Idle Amalgam posted:

Sorry all, checked out yesterday IRL. I'll catch up today. Was wrong about a lot of stuff d1 so I'll be re-evaluating.

Any word on that re-evaluation?

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

SalTheBard posted:

:blush:

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

SalTheBard posted:

I had been playing Among Us with Apostate and was really digging them so I was annoyed at all the people that I PERCIEVED as being aggressive towards them

Mafia edit.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

I’m behind on real-life stuff and scrambling to get caught up by this evening so that I can do a more fuller reread, but likely won’t be in-thread for the next 6-8 hours. Apologies in advance.

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

I'd be down to launch a lurker (LAL) or gank a gimmick (GAG) today.

My top picks would be taste (literal zero content + lazy bandwagon vote on Rarity) or GG (9 total posts, very low content, posting elsewhere but not here).

Chaoslord is acceptable. He's not the worst from a low-content perspective, he's even made an actual effort post or two, but there are also legit points on him that aren't just about lurking. So I'm comfortable dropping my vote here.

##vote chaos

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Ceyton posted:

My top picks would be taste (literal zero content + lazy bandwagon vote on Rarity) or GG (9 total posts, very low content, posting elsewhere but not here).

Chaoslord is acceptable. He's not the worst from a low-content perspective, he's even made an actual effort post or two, but there are also legit points on him that aren't just about lurking. So I'm comfortable dropping my vote here.

##vote chaos

What are your favorite legit points on Chaos? I don't disagree with you, just want to see where you're coming from.

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

This is what pinged me re: chaos:

chaoslord posted:

I don't! Unless you count thoughts about Risk Management

chaoslord posted:

Or I guess that I am glad Hawke is in the game. But I think that point was made quite clear from the other post so I don't know if that counts as an added thought

Dodge in response to a direct challenge to give reads.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Ceyton posted:

This is what pinged me re: chaos:

Dodge in response to a direct challenge to give reads.

Hmm! So I have a gut read on chaos being scum but I don't have anything to back this up, but this exchange feels alright? I think "I don't have anything to add" feels valid and that's the core of what chaos is saying here. Was there anything else or is this your best example?

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

why tell the replacement not to read day 1?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

CCKeane posted:

Hmm! So I have a gut read on chaos being scum but I don't have anything to back this up, but this exchange feels alright? I think "I don't have anything to add" feels valid and that's the core of what chaos is saying here. Was there anything else or is this your best example?

Where’s your gut read coming from?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Sandwolf posted:

Where’s your gut read coming from?

Below my chest, above my waist.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

CCKeane posted:

Below my chest, above my waist.

Nice try Cyborg Keane I’m not falling for this one again

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Ceyton posted:

##vote chaos

This feels like your agreeing to agree. Who would be your number one pick right now?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

b-minus1 posted:

This is your first non jokephase post and oh man it is a terrible one. “Amni defense cavalry” tells me you think amni is scum yet you voted sandwolf

Yeah I’m gonna ##vote gumball

Kinda wondering if this is a whacky vote to establish something, it feels like it's coming outta nowhere, and like, doesn't feel like scum trying to push a case, it feels more like an establishing vote, especially with this:

b-minus1 posted:

Ok so gumball isn’t gonna happen. I’ve nailed him as scum before. he lurked until he was called out,and suddenly became active when he was in danger of being lunched. Lets not get to that point

Shortly after.

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

sandnavyguy posted:

I for one commend squiggly on his adherence to the bit in every game I’ve played with him.

I really hate to do this, but I'm gonna have to drop my schtick completely or I'll never post. Lot more time to post from my phone than from a computer, and I don't have the tech skills to make a font from the zombie smilies

Maybe I should have just committed and died d1 for annoying people :iiam:

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Sandwolf posted:

0% interest in pursuing Bif.

I think we would be wiser either A) lunching a lurker B) kicking up lurkers to vote before we choose a lunch

This is interesting. I don't disagree with the sentiment but I am curious as to how you singled out clord.

I think there's someone else that was called out and has disappeared since who is lurking and their rationale was awful.

Do you see what I see?

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
What I'm saying is I have a different lurker in mind. What other lurkers you find suspect sandy?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Squiggly posted:

This is interesting. I don't disagree with the sentiment but I am curious as to how you singled out clord.

I think there's someone else that was called out and has disappeared since who is lurking and their rationale was awful.

Do you see what I see?

I think I know the answer to this can I say it or do you want Sandwolf to do it

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

IcePhoenix posted:

I think I know the answer to this can I say it or do you want Sandwolf to do it

Anyone can say it. I don't find sandwolf particularly scummy this game so it's not necessary for him to answer, I'm simply curious if anyone else picked up on it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

CCKeane posted:

That's the main thing, yeah. I also didn't really like his exchange with AC earlier, but that's more of a gut feeling.

Gumball Gumption posted:

This feels like your agreeing to agree. Who would be your number one pick right now?

Ignoring the lurker stuff, I've grown more suspicious of Grandi since re-reading his case on AC and he's my top pick as it stands. But I also agree with Sandwolf that we should act on the lurker problem.