Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Storm One
Jan 12, 2011

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

I'm soliciting suggestions on what y'all think needs to be added to the OP

No PS5 yet for this eurogoon but add a :frogsiren: to the Pulse 3D headset section saying that any stereo headphones with an analogue 3.5mm jack can take advantage of the new HRTF 3D audio.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Anyone wanna buy my PS5 pre-order avatar codes for like idk $12? They’re $20-30 on eBay

At first they were $100-500 lmao but surely no one was paying that or I missed a money laundering scheme

gone

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Nov 17, 2020

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

https://twitter.com/ikazombie/status/1328641742438993920?s=20

No Man's Sky PS5 vs PS4 loading comparison. Wew.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

:drat:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Gutcruncher posted:

Weird question. If you own a de-listed digital game on PS4, is there any reason you can’t download that game on the PS5?

Which game?
Should work if you plug in an external with it or do a system transfer unless its one of the blocked ones

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Goddamn

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Storm One posted:

No PS5 yet for this eurogoon but add a :frogsiren: to the Pulse 3D headset section saying that any stereo headphones with an analogue 3.5mm jack can take advantage of the new HRTF 3D audio.

will do :)

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Waltzing Along posted:

Plug charging cable in the back

k

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I kinda hate the beat that plays when you start swinging as miles. Its like so meandering and never goes anywhere except they add some orchestra stuff over it. I feel really low energy with it. Shoulda gone funkier.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.
Old hat at this point but man the ps4 vs 5 in the store and on the console sucks. I'm still not sure if I'm downloading the ps5 version of mk 11 or not. It first tried to download both for some reason. I had to cancel both of them and then try to pick the one that seemed more likely

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

XtraSmiley posted:

Stock app on iOS. Do you have an updated iOS device? The most recent push made multiple settings for silent notifications (and turns many off) so that might be the issue.

I'm using Android, but it is fully updated. I guess I'll tweak with some settings and see if anything works.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Now that a good chunk of goons have PS5s I'm soliciting suggestions on what y'all think needs to be added to the OP, also opinions on what you'd like removed or find simply extraneous post-launch.

* Don't skip Astro Bot
* Spider-Man Remastered is only available as a download packaged with Miles Morales Ultimate Edition
* Link to something explaining which PS4 games have free upgrades to the PS5 version and which don't, maybe this thing that I just googled https://www.pushsquare.com/guides/ps4-to-ps5-all-games-with-confirmed-free-upgrades
* Link to a list of PS4 games that have free PS5 patches (I haven't found one yet but I know like Ghost of Tsushima got one that enables 60 FPS)
* What that other person said about 3D audio working with any headphones that you can connect directly to a PS5 or dualsense

acksplode fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Nov 17, 2020

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Real hurthling! posted:

Which game?
Should work if you plug in an external with it or do a system transfer unless its one of the blocked ones

I don’t have a ps5, I just mean in general is there any tomfoolery with Sony not keeping de-listed games on the PS5’s server or something lovely like that.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

theyre the same servers i think the key is finding where to download it on the ps5 if it's been delisted since it wont show in the store. theoretically it would still show up in your account library; PT is there but marked as only playable on ps4. i think the other delisted games should be there and downloadable but dont have a specific example to cite

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Super No Vacancy posted:

theyre the same servers i think the key is finding where to download it on the ps5 if it's been delisted since it wont show in the store. theoretically it would still show up in your account library; PT is there but marked as only playable on ps4. i think the other delisted games should be there and downloadable but dont have a specific example to cite

Here’s a list of all delisted games if anyone can check and see if they own them and can download

https://www.psu.com/news/every-ps3-ps4-ps-vita-game-delisted-from-the-ps-store/

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Man, I just can't get used to the difference between pressing/holding the Home button.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Why did they change the home button

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Gutcruncher posted:

Here’s a list of all delisted games if anyone can check and see if they own them and can download

https://www.psu.com/news/every-ps3-ps4-ps-vita-game-delisted-from-the-ps-store/

Also an excellent example of "why do people still like and buy physical games?"

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Also an excellent example of "why do people still like and buy physical games?"

Really regretting buying a digital ps5 knowing I might not be able to play Duck Dynasty.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
I'm never gonna own a physical disc any more so the PS5 digital was an easy choice for me especially considering outside of the missing drive, the specs are literally the same.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

hatty posted:

Why did they change the home button

Should be the thread title imo

It’s so weird how a lot of the UX faults could be fixed if the home button behaved how any normal home button should. Granted, there are others, but that’s just...them being weird.

Afro
May 29, 2007

Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit
I have never gotten a Platinum trophy in my life, until I played Astro's Playroom.

This has to be one of the best pack in games of all time.

WalletBeef
Jun 11, 2005

Sony PlayStation 5: Et queue, Brute?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I just finished yakuza 7 and manually uploaded all my saves to the :yayclod: just to be safe I’m ready for my PS5 now Sony give me my PS5

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

8-bit Miniboss posted:

I'm never gonna own a physical disc any more so the PS5 digital was an easy choice for me especially considering outside of the missing drive, the specs are literally the same.

Yeah I’ve decided to go with the DE as well. I have a XsX for Blu-ray’s and used multiplat games, and without the disc bulge it actually looks symmetrical.

I mean in theory, since there doesn’t seem to be a way to get one unless I quit my job and f5 a page all day.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

History Comes Inside! posted:

I just finished yakuza 7 and manually uploaded all my saves to the :yayclod: just to be safe I’m ready for my PS5 now Sony give me my PS5

I got, like, 50% of the way through Watch_____Dogs: Legion on the PS4, did this same thing, and the saves don't work on the PS5.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Goddamn Spiderman looks amazing

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice
Five days after launch my pre-order from Target finally arrived!!!

Played some Astrobot right away, and holy crap, the controller stuff is amazing, plus it's a fun as hell game! Played some Demon's Souls, and it looks amazing even in "performance" mode. Then I let my daughter play some Bugsnax, and now I may never get to play on my PS5 ever again.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Push El Burrito posted:

I got, like, 50% of the way through Watch_____Dogs: Legion on the PS4, did this same thing, and the saves don't work on the PS5.

The saves actually can transfer, you just have to manually upload your save on PS4 to the cloud (in the in-game menu, not the general PS menu), and then manually load that save from the cloud in the PS5 in-game menu.

It's way more of a hassle than it needs to be, and my trophy lists only partially merged so I can't get the plat now, but the saves can transfer.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I mean all of my saves.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Can I just say how insane it is that Sony didn't just allow for PS5 games to like, read where PS4 game saves are kept on your system in order to convert them?

Instead, developers have to have their own independent cloud servers for you to manually upload a file and then download it within the PS5 version.

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

JazzFlight posted:

Can I just say how insane it is that Sony didn't just allow for PS5 games to like, read where PS4 game saves are kept on your system in order to convert them?

Instead, developers have to have their own independent cloud servers for you to manually upload a file and then download it within the PS5 version.

Yeah, hell of a piece of a hardware and an incredible lineup of first party devs, but when you look at things like smart delivery, saves working in all versions of a game, resolution support, etc it's clear that Microsoft has a leg up on the OS side at the moment.

All of this is fixable, so it'll be interesting to see which issues are due to covid related difficulty / rushed release and which ones are just Sony being Sony.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
My PS5 arrived today and holy poo poo this thing is AWESOME.

Astro’s Playroom is a legit awesome game! I figured as the freebie pack in tech demo it’d be throwaway junk but I had a blast doing the first two worlds. All the new controller effects were very cool and the whole thing is a huge nostalgia trip for anyone who grew up with all the generations of the PlayStation. I forgot half the crazy gadgets Sony has come out with over the years but some of them were super cool. I have the GPU song stuck in my head and very much hope the soundtrack to this game ends up on iTunes.

I loaded up Final Fantasy XIV and the difference is jaw dropping! Coming from a base PS4 everything loads so fast and is buttery smooth. Zoning into Limsa was a few seconds and the moment the loading screen disappeared there were dozens of player characters all fully loaded on screen. It feels like the jump from the PS3 to the PS4 all over again. Can’t wait to dig in a little more and do some dungeons/raids/especially Hunts.

The PS+ Collection included Final Fantasy XV ROYAL EDITION so I get to play all the DLC Episodes! A very exciting bonus. I would never have paid for them, but as a freebie hell yeah.

The process of transferring saves wasn’t too bad. I just did save files and didn’t bother with an Ethernet cable or anything, sent them over my network. Initially I tried sending a couple games over too (FFX/X-2 and FF9) but got a four hour estimated time so I bailed and just did the saves/downloaded the games from PSN. That went way faster.

Excited to dig into Bugsnax after I grab a bite to eat! I feel spoiled for choice thanks to the PS+ Collection. I owned about half the games but God of War, Monster Hunter World, Bloodborne and Fallout 4 are all new to me along with a bunch of others.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I never played a devil may cry should I play 5

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Empress Brosephine posted:

Yes it’s sick nasty

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
I played the PS4 devil may cry 5 and it was pretty fun to play through, I find the hardest part is really just "looking cool"

Don't see myself rebuying the game for PS5 until it's on sale.

JoeGlassJAw
Apr 9, 2010

Empress Brosephine posted:

unequivocally yes

assuming you like that genre of game at least. but it is one of the best of the series if not arguably the best

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I’m getting my PS4 pro ready for my brother and after less than a week with PS5 literally everything feels painfully slow to use.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Mine is just a ps5 streambox now so i only use the ps5 ui on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's just a action game right? I'm in the mood for some mindless action. Spiderman is fun but isn't scratching that itch.