Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

t a s t e posted:

I’m pretty sure I lead games in posts more frequently than not op

You seem like a gut poster who never bothers to provide any rationale for your (correct) votes but I don't know the history behind blindly following you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

I am now properly home and more generally "around".

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Alright, home from work, before I start my homework let me take a big drink of diet dr pepper and check in on votefinder to see whats happening....

*spits diet dr pepper everywhere*

Unpossible!!!!!!!! No!!!!!! The enemies of Rutgers Athletics slord are at it again!!!!! I must stop them

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Yeah I can see Rhjamiz.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Real talk, I have homework due tonight so that's my priority so I will be "around" in the vague sense that when I get bored or stuck I will probably click "next unread post" and skim to see whats happening so if you have anything directly for me please quote this post so it highlights and catches my attention. I am sure most of the case on me revolves around "slords lurking again" which is as predictable as it is understandable so no judgment on my part.

To try to answer what I am sure are some frequently asked questions

*No I don't really know what's going on I haven't read practically any of D2.

*I don't know who the scum is. I can make a scum read up if you want me to! Gut is, IDK, taste and/or Sal, but I don't have anything concrete. I thought Amni was definitely scum and bought into the Rarity case, so whoopsie on those counts.

*I may go ahead and claim tonight because I expect I will also be very busy with record retention work tomorrow so who knows when I will be able to post. Thinking this one over, if you have strong feelings about me doing this or not go ahead and post them, maybe that'll be a fun topic of conversation, should someone at -7 claim 24 hours before deadline or not.

*If anyone has any tips on how to find a single specific blueprint in a room full of them I would love to hear it.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I would rather you read a little bit tomorrow or whenever you get some time than just claim tbh, these are pressure votes that seem to have done their job at least

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

##vote DGK

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

Rhjamiz posted:

Now that I’m off work I have some time to catch up. Squiggs case is the flimsiest justification for a vote possible, but Ceylon is the more scummy for his vote. Just the absolute worst.

##vote Ceyton

I voted you because I'm looking for someone who is a) low participation, and b) has scum pings outside of low participation. I don't think you can argue point A. As for point B, the retroactive adjustment for the justification of your vote on Squiggly gave me a stronger ping than Chaoslord.

@Grandi: a big reason I'm more suspicious of you now is because you seem hypersensitive to even the mildest forms of suspicion:

Grandicap posted:

This is such shade for no goddamn reason. I didn't read posts before I entered the game, I am actively reading all posts past my entry into the thread. Seeing that many unread posts while not being in the game for less than 24 hours is disheartening. But this isn't a defense of my choice, it's the back handed reference to an event that has long since past and been rectified. It's the restoking of suspicion on me for reasons. This post is oozing with scum-mind. The calling out Keane is weird too. This response is to:

That's a hell of a reaction to someone saying "grandi's not reading posts".

More recently, there's this:

Grandicap posted:

Are you implying that Rhjamiz and I are scum together, and I am protecting him? Or am I reading too much into your post and you are just talking to be heard now that you are able to without a silly PR?

Which strikes me as a super paranoid take.

Although I will also admit I'm being influenced by Bif here. I have fairly high confidence she's town, as you yourself do.

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

Sandwolf posted:

he even posted like 100+ times in 20 minutes to steal control of a lurker gun from someone (me), just because he didn't trust I wasn't scum.

:lol: That's loving amazing.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Ceyton posted:

:lol: That's loving amazing.

trust me it works a lot better as a story after the fact!!

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Ceyton posted:

I voted you because I'm looking for someone who is a) low participation, and b) has scum pings outside of low participation.

Why is A a priority?

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

Rhjamiz posted:

Why is A a priority?

quote:

A Lurker is a player who rarely posts, and when they do post, it's insubstantial, shitposting, or otherwise unhelpful. A good benchmark to see if someone is lurking is if a player has fewer posts than the game's moderator, whose postcount is typically very low.

Lurkers are considered to be one of the biggest nuisances in a game, since it's oftentimes impossible to actually determine if they are town or scum, since they post so infrequently.
Types of Lurkers

Standard Lurker: a player who is clearly in over their head, doesn't have the time to post substantive content, and can barely keep up with the thread. A mod should replace them if it is going to be a chronic problem. This type can be town or scum, since they are lurking for reasons generally unrelated to their alignment.

Scum Lurker: a scum player who is intentionally posting infrequently in order to avoid suspicion. This person is scum in real life.

Power Role Lurker: a town power role lurking to avoid getting attention of a nightkill. This is lame. If you're a townie you do far more for your team by posting frequently, making cases, and breadcrumbing your results, than you do by hiding in the shadows.

Content Lurker: a player who posts frequently, but rarely says anything substantive. This is seen as very scummy, since by posting often a player can dodge accusations of being a lurker, but by saying little they still have the same problems as lurkers: being impossible to determine if they are town or scum.

Players have tried to organize systematic lynches on lurkers, in order to both remove the uncertainty, and to punish lurking so as to encourage active posting in the community. Most players are reluctant, however, because lynching a lurker is seen as a crapshoot.

Still, anecdotally, it seems to be the case that in most games, most of the scum are lurkers. But townies often lurk right with them. And that's terrible.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I think he meant in your own words

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

Do I really need to paraphrase why lurking tends to harm town?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Ceyton posted:

Kinda, your response felt a little bit like an appeal to authority, like 'oh everyone knows lurking is anti-town' (it is) without responding as to why lurkers are your primary concern atm

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Sandwolf posted:

Kinda, your response felt a little bit like an appeal to authority, like 'oh everyone knows lurking is anti-town' (it is) without responding as to why lurkers are your primary concern atm

This about sums it up thank you.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

##vote DGK

Who is this DGK person? They are a player in this game?

I do recall then charging to my defense once yesterday and inviting me to a get together so I suppose I am being disingenuous here... but yeah DGK has been very quiet

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990

Rhjamiz posted:

Why is A a priority?

because they’re scum ##vote Ceyton

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

literally looking for a safe place to park a vote instead of hunting scum

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Ceyton posted:

I probably not but here we are.

Unrelated, you vanished from the thread on D1 after Amni claimed and it became clearer and clearer that the push was heading towards Rarity. Looks like you started D2 by sussing Sandwolf and then when that never stuck you just sort of...kept bouncing around

SHALASHASKA HAWKE posted:

literally looking for a safe place to park a vote instead of hunting scum

##vote Ceyton

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Hal Incandenza posted:

Heartbroken we lost Mills even if he was scum

I thought there was a lot of pressure on Hal early on D2 that I couldn't tell if it was scum trying to circle the wagons about a potential D2 mis cuddle (like Rarity) or town honing in on scum. As I said before I tend to operate from the perspective that everyone is town until proven scum. I think this is why I'm bad at the deduction side of Mafia.

I did think SNG coming in, shooting both guns at Hal was a bit weird. I also thought the whole "Hal isn't posting much" was a weird angle from some people too because Hal seemed very active D1.

I'm now back to this Ice Phoenix interaction. Like I get what IP is going for here but holy poo poo the B- and Mills answer is making my head spin.

I'm feeling very good about Sandwolf in general because typically when I see people pressing for reads that is a very pro town maneuver.

I'm going to post some more here in a minute. Only up to like page 26 or so.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

##vote Ceyton

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

Sandwolf posted:

No offense IP I got a somewhat townie vibe from you but you still haven’t posted many reads or feelings

This is my current scum feeling from my reading

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

Ceyton posted:

That's an actual decent case, and Rhjamiz is one of the worst lurkers. You win, Squiggs.

##vote Rhjamiz

##vote Ceyton DO NOT LIKE THIS POST

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

sandnavyguy posted:

Understand on the pressure vote,

I’m honestly thinking scum hat has taken a vow of silence ITT, and we need to rule them up a bit.

Set up spec is a dangerous hole I won’t jump into, but with scum/town multi kill nights if that does keep happening, I’m thinking we’ll see some easy lurker kills at night too, so I don’t understand why people think that’s the gold standard play this game?

Why, you worried we'll lunch one of your lurking scumbros?

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Sandwolf posted:

strongly reading Squiggly as town post-PR

Same

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Gumball Gumption posted:

This is the only was I was able to read it, not sure why Grandi is reading into it so much.

I see you're still learning how to be scum

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

DGK2000 posted:

Why, you worried we'll lunch one of your lurking scumbros?

Have you just not been reading any of my posts?

I'm literally voting to force people into the conversation because I think we *should* be lunching the lurkers.

I didn't peg you for lazy scum this game DGK, do keep up.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Sandwolf posted:

DGK/Chic - anything to add?

Jamiz feels fine to me. I'm catching up

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Sandwolf posted:

Rhjamiz is engaging with you, responding to things, they seem sorta thoughtful here? I'm not really getting a scumvibe from them rn

and hey Hal! I know I do it a lot! That's why I'm tryna reasonably explain the dangers of that kinda thinking

This. I feel oddly good about sandwolf this game and it worries me

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Sandwolf posted:

also kinda sussed out by taste, popping in, dropping a vote, popping out

slightly meta but it's a very different vibe than a game where he was just town

This is taste scum game yes

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Ceyton posted:

Although I will also admit I'm being influenced by Bif here. I have fairly high confidence she's town, as you yourself do.

Doesn't mean I know poo poo :v: Yeah I'm feeling the same kinda vaguely scummy vibes a lot of people have mentioned here about Ceyton. Grandi joining in gave me pause for a sec... but, he could always be doing my "tainted vote" strategy if they're both scum, hey

Although I do still think that Grandi is pretty scummy (meeting my quota woo), in the wake of some big noisy townie deaths and also two sudden scum deaths I think we do have the luxury rn of letting that just stew on the backburner while we try and drum up more content in the lurker hunt. I agree that they way Ceyton's gone about it just feels a bit iffy.

Going to double check rn though to see if anyone's been left out today

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Sandwolf posted:

##vote DGK

I love you bb

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Sandwolf posted:

I think he meant in your own words

Well yeah now I'm pretty solidly believing dude is scum

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hal Incandenza posted:

Who is this DGK person? They are a player in this game?

I do recall then charging to my defense once yesterday and inviting me to a get together so I suppose I am being disingenuous here... but yeah DGK has been very quiet

DGK had been sleeping. I was awake briefly and slept. It's a medication side effect and I'm not using to as an excuse.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

Sandwolf posted:

strongly reading Squiggly as town post-PR

objectively wrong. in fact I will take drastic action unless they restart the PR

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

SalTheBard posted:

I thought there was a lot of pressure on Hal early on D2 that I couldn't tell if it was scum trying to circle the wagons about a potential D2 mis cuddle (like Rarity) or town honing in on scum. As I said before I tend to operate from the perspective that everyone is town until proven scum. I think this is why I'm bad at the deduction side of Mafia.

I did think SNG coming in, shooting both guns at Hal was a bit weird. I also thought the whole "Hal isn't posting much" was a weird angle from some people too because Hal seemed very active D1.

I'm now back to this Ice Phoenix interaction. Like I get what IP is going for here but holy poo poo the B- and Mills answer is making my head spin.

I'm feeling very good about Sandwolf in general because typically when I see people pressing for reads that is a very pro town maneuver.

I'm going to post some more here in a minute. Only up to like page 26 or so.

Welp in pretty sure you're town now

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

sandnavyguy posted:

Have you just not been reading any of my posts?

I'm literally voting to force people into the conversation because I think we *should* be lunching the lurkers.

I didn't peg you for lazy scum this game DGK, do keep up.

It's does give you a chance to prompt your team members and spearfish.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

DGK2000 posted:

It's does give you a chance to prompt your team members and spearfish.

I mean, you're wrong, but at least you are actually reading and digesting my arguments, so there's that.

What are your thoughts on Keane and Chaoslord?

or IP for that matter? since youve done a fresh look maybe your takes will help.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

DGK2000 posted:

I see you're still learning how to be scum

I'm trying

##Vote Ceyton