Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I bet it's the 8-bit guy, because he's in the illuminati

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

I was just saying Coulton cuz Linus always bags on him.

Riley's tiny little computer nook has a strong "that tiny tv from the office" vibe.

E:vvvv yeah you're probably right about that.

Fantastic Foreskin fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Nov 17, 2020

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

The vibe I got from Riley's home was that they bought the place and were not planning to have a baby whilst living there.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Wait, is that a loving TV in his bathroom?

mearn
Aug 2, 2011

Kevin Harvick's #1 Fan!

Yeah it hangs over the tub
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuRg8_qJ7U0

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

I like Kyles more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDz9si6CG0M

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

I'm the video game posters in the bog

Nowher
Nov 29, 2019

pack your bags

Theophany posted:

There's nothing quite like visiting someone's house, excusing yourself to use the bathroom and stumbling upon their G4M3R-fied shitter.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Theophany posted:

Git gud (at pooping)

Boom headshot

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
My toilet RGB is set to react to sound.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

almost as embarrassing as the guy's racist impersonations. almost

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.
https://mobile.twitter.com/vogon/status/1332516705411624960

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Every time I see the thumbnail of Linus's ultra-binned Intel chip it looks like a novelty sized magnum wrapper.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Some Goon posted:

Every time I see the thumbnail of Linus's ultra-binned Intel chip it looks like a novelty sized magnum wrapper.

I totally thought the same thing.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

https://twitter.com/GamersNexus/status/1336428798481403910?s=19

:awesomelon:

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
If he keeps doing downhill his bones will be tempered glass soon enough.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Tech Jesus is risen as a cyborg.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

:kimchi:

Being One Of The Good Ones™ makes me feel kinda good about this and laugh at the corny techtuber joke.

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

Why would nvidia do Hardware Unboxed like that? I always liked them because they had easy to read benchmarks (that you can skip too)

Seems like they shook the hornets nest and gamers nexus is mad now

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Rabid Snake posted:

Why would nvidia do Hardware Unboxed like that? I always liked them because they had easy to read benchmarks (that you can skip too)

Seems like they shook the hornets nest and gamers nexus is mad now

Linus went in like a 30 minute rant on his podcast absolutely making GBS threads on nvidia. Pretty much everyone is against nvidia.

MSI pulls the same poo poo apparently.

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

Nvidia watched the industry react to msi and went “hold my beer.”

If Nvidia was scared about people compared their cards to AMD with RT off this was a loving terrible idea.

Welcome to the Streisand effect.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

DrDork posted:

The whole thing is strange as hell when NVidia is also telling people to not expect to be able to walk into a store and buy any of their cards off the shelf for at least another 3-4 months.

This sort of "ur review was mean 2 me!" crap makes some amount of sense when you're actually having to fight to get people to buy your card. It makes no sense when everyone is already falling all over themselves for your entire product stack.
quoting this from the GPU thread because its my take as well. Apparently the guy who sent the letter isn't normally known for this sort of behavior. LTT made it seem like he's on team green, because that's his job and he has to be, but he wasn't usually like this? I wonder if he was compelled to do it. Looking forward to the GN video on it.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
One of my EV channels made a video about the Nvidia fuckup :psyduck:

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

buglord posted:

quoting this from the GPU thread because its my take as well. Apparently the guy who sent the letter isn't normally known for this sort of behavior. LTT made it seem like he's on team green, because that's his job and he has to be, but he wasn't usually like this? I wonder if he was compelled to do it. Looking forward to the GN video on it.

The guy who sent the letter is in charge of PR for Nvidia. He knows what he was doing. Whether he did it with his superiors knowing is a different story. I expect him to get fired for causing basically every tech you tuber to go against nvidia.

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

Nvidia has walked it all back.

https://twitter.com/HardwareUnboxed/status/1337885741389471745?s=20

But Nvidia, you guys “speak for us gamers”

I'm curious to see how “us gamers” are going to walk back an email where every single sentence was completely hosed.

:allears:

spunkshui fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Dec 12, 2020

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE
Steve seems like he's on the warpath anyway judging by GN Twitter.

https://twitter.com/gamersnexus/status/1337887743502921735?s=21

https://twitter.com/gamersnexus/status/1337843708453064707?s=21

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

Well yeah, you cant do something incredibly hosed and then just say sorry.

Not a single sentence in that email is ok to send to an honest youtube channel just trying to give gamers accurate information they want.

Let alone the fact unboxed did cover other features enough to be a loving quote on Nvidia’s own site.

Brian should honestly resign for sending that.

spunkshui fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Dec 13, 2020

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Disappointment PC build video is coming

EdEddnEddy
Apr 5, 2012

Got caught up on this letter today and man, everything in that letter was even worse than Intel trying to cast shade at AMD without talking up their own product. Ray Tracing is great and I hope it becomes the next tech in all games eventually, just like Pixel/Vertex shaders back on the GF3 days became the shader cores of today. But to send a letter like that as if RT was the established tech being used from here on and anything else is against "Us Gamers" is a pretty big jump in whatever logic the writer was trying to use.

Either way to see Linus get as on fire about it as he did was pretty neat to see.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

EdEddnEddy posted:

Got caught up on this letter today and man, everything in that letter was even worse than Intel trying to cast shade at AMD without talking up their own product. Ray Tracing is great and I hope it becomes the next tech in all games eventually, just like Pixel/Vertex shaders back on the GF3 days became the shader cores of today. But to send a letter like that as if RT was the established tech being used from here on and anything else is against "Us Gamers" is a pretty big jump in whatever logic the writer was trying to use.

Either way to see Linus get as on fire about it as he did was pretty neat to see.

Linus and Steven from GN are some of the best ranters in tech youtube. GN Steve's takedown on MSI was great (they were basically pulling the same poo poo Nvidia just did) and he's about to do another one on Nvidia.

I unsubbed from Jayztwocents a while ago but I saw on reddit he posted a video about the whole Nvidia thing and apparently he was also blacklisted from getting 3090's and also unloaded on Nvidia. Nice to see tech youtube banding together.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Huge mistake to piss of youtube channels in the one market they have the most power. Seeing Linus get defensive of a smaller channel is always good. It's really lucky that he's such a good guy, considering how powerful he is now.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

Lol, Linus just put out his holiday buyers guide and his recommendations for the high end are just "yeah, no, it's not happening".

EdEddnEddy
Apr 5, 2012

He's not wrong. Unless you go for the scalper stock now, I'm not seeing anything come back in stock before next year.

Happy_Misanthrope
Aug 3, 2007

"I wanted to kill you, go to your funeral, and anyone who showed up to mourn you, I wanted to kill them too."
Nvidia walking it back (in as much as you can do) is not surprising, it's just bizarre how far up your own rear end to not foresee how this would have ended up after sending that email. Just stunning incompetence

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

EdEddnEddy posted:

He's not wrong. Unless you go for the scalper stock now, I'm not seeing anything come back in stock before next year.

You might be able to buy a super overpriced entire system with a 3080/3090 from origin, corsair, maingear, digital storm ect ect still.

But I would not be shocked to hear that the insane demand cleared them out too.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

I'm interested to see how GN Steve follows up. On the one hand cutting out Nvidia isn't much of an option when you're a hardware reviewer, but on the other, even when walked back immediately it's a direct attack on the concept of journalistic integrity.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

lol I just watched Digital Foundry's 6900XT review and they did the same R A G E M O D E sound effect as GN

EdEddnEddy
Apr 5, 2012

spunkshui posted:

You might be able to buy a super overpriced entire system with a 3080/3090 from origin, corsair, maingear, digital storm ect ect still.

But I would not be shocked to hear that the insane demand cleared them out too.

I just got done building a very nice rig for a Friend of a Friend and was lucky I bought most of the parts in early/mid November. Things like the Case/PSU/RAM are all out of stock or on backorder so even if you pay the scalper prices for the CPU/GPU on eBay, or do try to go with a Prebuilt, it may still not arrive until next year.

Hell even after paying scalper prices for the CPU/GPU, the final total for the build was still less or about on par with the price for an Origin PC and a few other prebuilds I had looked up for comparison. Go figure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

https://youtu.be/wdAMcQgR92k
New email at 22mins

Nvidia is claiming the lockdown caused them to write an immoral email and that they secretly do love the press they just worded the email poorly.

Gosh you know Nvidia I really wanna take your word but this lockdown fatigue is just going to cause me to say terrible things about you.

Edit: Jesus after watching the whole thing nvidia looks way worse

They didn’t send him a 3060 TI and told steve they would get back to him about it multiple times before finally sending that email.

This email didn’t get written in one day by a tired employee.

spunkshui fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Dec 14, 2020