Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Ricketts clearing payroll to fund Trumps recounts in Georgia/Wisconsin/Pennsylvania/Nevada, it all makes sense now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

aaaaawwwww geez if the Angels can pick up Yu, I’m definitely up for some of that

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011
There are actually Dodgers fans that still have animosity towards Yu over 2017? That's insane lol

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

This year's OOTP draft had a few people playing to win, and a few people who clearly were not. It's going to be an entertaining season.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

bawfuls posted:

This is perfect timing for the Dodgers to welcome back Yu Darvish. Ricketts clearly handing down a decree to slash payroll so he can probably be had for cheap. LA fans have our title now so the baying morons who would boo Yu over 2017 should be chill now.

:getin:

If they bring him back, they should give him a ring.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Johnny Bravo posted:

There are actually Dodgers fans that still have animosity towards Yu over 2017? That's insane lol
every fanbase has awful people and they can always be found on twitter dot com

Mustached Demon posted:

If they bring him back, they should give him a ring.
I agree they should trade for Yu and then win the World Series in 2021

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
https://twitter.com/bnightengale/status/1328786423843934214?s=21

?

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

lol all those infamous hostile front office takeovers happening lately

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Jed Hoyer coup attempt confirmed, Cubs fans rise up!

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

COUNT UP THE LEGAL WARS!!!!!!

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
There's a fun little browser game called You Are Jeff Bezos and in it you wake up one morning as the Beezer and you realize what you really want to do is spend all your money to make the world a better place, and then you just try to do that while your family and your lawyers do everything up to and including kill you to stop you from doing so.

I think this also functions as a parable for general managing a baseball team except you're not even trying to make the world all that much better, you're just trying to field a somewhat competitive team.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Welp
https://twitter.com/JeffPassan/status/1328827356832800768?s=19

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Chamale posted:

This year's OOTP draft had a few people playing to win, and a few people who clearly were not. It's going to be an entertaining season.

Alex is going to loving walk this

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

As Cody said when this happened in October, he's dislocated that shoulder several times before. Last year he did it diving for a play on defense at 1B which the team cited as a reason they wanted to keep him in CF more.

Hopefully this cleans up whatever's going on in there so his shoulder stops popping out so much.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Julio Cruz posted:

Alex is going to loving walk this

Yet Nate and Jake still won the draft

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

elentar posted:

There's a fun little browser game called You Are Jeff Bezos and in it you wake up one morning as the Beezer and you realize what you really want to do is spend all your money to make the world a better place, and then you just try to do that while your family and your lawyers do everything up to and including kill you to stop you from doing so.

I think this also functions as a parable for general managing a baseball team except you're not even trying to make the world all that much better, you're just trying to field a somewhat competitive team.

This is the biggest thing I learned in manager mode of almost every game. Owners are insane and expect you to work miracles without providing the money to do so, and everyone else in the sport doing your job is in the exact same position, and if you do get the budget, as soon as you've accomplished that goal, they add three more but budgeting for two.

But this is baseball, so you get the even further bullshit of the results being effectively random even when you've done the math, and so even if you actually did your job really well and put yourself in the best position to accomplish something it still might not happen and it's all your fault.

:capitalism:

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

No Safe Word posted:

Yet Nate and Jake still won the draft

Don't sleep on Kaitlyn's Jewish All-Stars Team.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Don't sleep on Kaitlyn's Jewish All-Stars Team.
and yet she failed to draft the goat Jewish baseballer

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

bawfuls posted:

Interesting choice for SD. He's got 4 years of service time right now, so they already had control of him through any potential TJS recovery. Seems like the team is expressing some confidence in Clevenger and offering him stability during his recovery.

Yeah it's a shockingly uh, altruistic decision from SD given that they are paying more than his current arb salary.

I can see why they wouldn't want to try some kind of non-tender-and-re-sign situation but it's ~3$m more than I would have probably expected.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

https://twitter.com/RichardStaff/status/1328903434171453440?s=20

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Popete posted:

Ricketts clearing payroll to fund Trumps recounts in Georgia/Wisconsin/Pennsylvania/Nevada, it all makes sense now.

:rip: Epstein, thanks for the one at least!

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 45 minutes!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Qv25_DFR2k

George Brett: here's 3 minutes of telling y'all how many times I poo poo myself. BTW, who's pitching tonight?.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

the best part of that video is his audience walking away as the story goes on

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Johnny Bravo posted:

My mother-in-law, a diehard Cubs fan, is still pissed about him for 2017/2018. We never should have signed him, the Cubs always blew him up when they played the Dodgers (IIRC darvish has faced the cubs twice, once with TEX where he gave up 2 in 4.1, and once with LA in the NLCS, where he gave up 1 in 6.1 and took a bases loaded four pitch walk off Carl's Jr. by just staring him down and daring him to throw a strike) and so obviously we should have never signed him, he's trash. She maintains this after being the Cy runner up, because writers don't know what they're talking about, and he can't pitch for poo poo.

I think she might have confused him with Kenya Maeda, who is also good, but we did blow him up in game 1 of the 2016 NLCS and that's a super memorable game, so.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

George Brett: here's 3 minutes of telling y'all how many times I poo poo myself. BTW, who's pitching tonight?.

I can never, ever get over this video and every time it's posted have to watch it at least twice.

I mean George... why?!? WHY?!?!

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

The best part is absolutely Walker or whoever slowly inching away and Brett continuing his story

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
George Brett is also famously known for being unable to play in the World Series because of hemorrhoids. Dude's just got butt problems.

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Wow.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Wow this is a treasure.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
https://twitter.com/benbrisebois/status/1328843390310498305?s=21

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Dinosaurs! posted:

Wow this is a treasure.

“Straight fuckin’ water.”

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Two months of baseball plus playoffs was not enough IMO. I'm jonesing big time and that doesn't usually happen until like January

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Cano busted for PEDs, will sit out the whole season next year. Dumbass cost himself $24mil too.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

:siren: https://twitter.com/JonHeyman/status/1329160045112795138 :siren:

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
bleh

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 45 minutes!

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

Cano busted for PEDs, will sit out the whole season next year. Dumbass cost himself $24mil too.

Clearly, Cohen slipped something into Cano's protein shake

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
lmao what an absolute dipshit.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Good riddance

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

What's the estimate on how widespread PEDs are?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

Thank you for Jared Kelenic Mets. The Edwin Diaz / Cano trade is one of the only bright spots that is the failure of the Mariners franchise