Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Winner's Circle Poll of People Who Win Contests
This poll is closed.
Bingo Cop Metis 31 17.51%
Major Isoor 13 7.34%
A Cup of Ramen 33 18.64%
Prokhor 14 7.91%
Arzaac 12 6.78%
Bowseretta 52 29.38%
Bernie 22 12.43%
Total: 127 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Grapplejack posted:

You know one thing I've always been kind of bummed about is I talked VG into added the gooper tag and I was so certain people would love it and a bunch of people would have it

and then no one did except me lol

i'm sorry but i have absolutely no idea who gooper is :(

Propaganda Hour posted:

Sure, but that's after killing them 13 times. I think all enemies have a respawn limit of 12 which resets when you move up NG+ (or use a bonfire aesthetic). That's a lot of kills...

it's a lot of kills, but it's also a lot of opportunities to find one enemy's drops so you can cosplay as them and stand in their place when you get invaded

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Apparently Stadia 2 is coming soon, folks!

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Does it have to

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
This is not the poll option I voted for :argh:

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
I have so many feelings about yakuza 7

One of the things I liked the most about 6 was the sidegame where you become a regular at a bar and make friends. The writing and atmosphere just reminded me of the best times I've had in cities doing that same thing in the best way. Yakuza 7 takes that feeling and infuses it into everything. It's just so god drat delightful.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Bernie is Bowsette for introverts

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

I have so many feelings about yakuza 7

One of the things I liked the most about 6 was the sidegame where you become a regular at a bar and make friends. The writing and atmosphere just reminded me of the best times I've had in cities doing that same thing in the best way. Yakuza 7 takes that feeling and infuses it into everything. It's just so god drat delightful.

Speaking of which, I now have access to Poundmates

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I voted for Bernsette

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Speaking of which, I now have access to Poundmates
time to come up with another name for my glory hole delivery app...

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Also I just unlocked the "Regular Hangout" bar in Yakuza 7 where you can also start a garden lol, this game might be good?

Kinda funny how even though story structure and gameplay aren't necessarily linked, It seems like when they switched to a JRPG they're also showing influence from Persona, what with the "case" structure where you meet a new cast of characters that are the setup for the big dungeon but it also points towards the larger story arc?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Hmm should I get into playing Shogi

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

homeless snail posted:

time to come up with another name for my glory hole delivery app...

have you considered 'Holehub'

Zushio
May 8, 2008

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Hmm should I get into playing Shogi

Shogi, no. Mahjong, yes.

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

Hmm, how shall I post today?

aaah, I wish I hadn't lent my copy of three houses to a friend right before COVID hit.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Another bit of history translated into English.

Remote Control Dandy is a 1999 mecha action game by Human Entertainment for the Sony PlayStation. In a major departure from most mecha games, it hearkens back to giant robot shows of the ’50s and ’60s such as Tetsujin 28-gou, in which the robots, rather than containing a human pilot, are controlled from afar via remote. The game adopts this as its core mechanic: not only does the player have to contend with remotely navigating their robot in the manner of an RC car, but also personally run after it to keep it in sight, all while not getting stepped on by enemy robots.

http://www.romhacking.net/translations/5761/

You can definitely see the early Earth Defense Force DNA (this was Sandlot's first game)

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

if you've played RAD on PS2, its pretty much a remake of RCD

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Rinkles posted:

(this was Sandlot's first game)

Not sure about this. It's listed as their first game on Wikipedia, but that page also says they were founded in 2001, two years later. Maybe they somehow hadn't formalized their independence from Human?

Though regardless, there's a continuity in the people involved.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

From one of the patch creators:

Though the game was nominally developed and published by Human Entertainment (known for the Clock Tower and Fire Pro Wrestling series), Human went bankrupt a few months after its release, with almost all of the game's key staff members subsequently founding the game studio Sandlot and going on to develop the successful Earth Defense Force series. Thus, Remote Control Dandy is essentially the first Sandlot game; it bears all the hallmarks of their unique brand of outsize destruction, and it's received the occasional nod or oblique reference in their later games. Particularly, the 2002 game Robot Alchemic Drive is essentially a spiritual sequel to this one – and Sandlot would even go on to make an actual Tetsujin 28-gou game!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Danganronpa Chapter 6:

Awww Kyoko never gonna get to make up with her Papa :(

Ugh they're really pushing the whole 'there's more than one Ultimate Despair' thing which means my Mukuro is the mastermind theory is bunk

It's Junko! You can't see her face in the group photo because Junko wasn't Junko! Junko was Mukuro the whole time which explains why the corpse had the tattoo and the real Junko is someone else entirely! And evil! AAAAAAAAAAAA!

Is it bad that Junko was the character I most identified with at the start of the game? :ohdear:

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i vote bowsette because i like doing thigns that people are sick and tired of on the world wide web

i will always quote all your base

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/IOInteractive/status/1329061800533438464?s=20

Kane and Lynch are back baybee

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
They're going to have to fire Jeff Gerstmann again.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Dischorr_N posted:

gamer corps reporting in to vote bowsette

Do not malign the bad name of gamers like this

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

homeless snail posted:

if you've played RAD on PS2, its pretty much a remake of RCD

There's also an actual RCD sequel on PS2, called Remote Control Dandy SF.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Hoping against hope for a new Freedom Fighters.

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

Hmm, how shall I post today?

Has any non-Hitman project from IO ever been good? I kinda respected the weird youtube video aesthetic they tried in Kane and Lynch 2 but that game was bascally awful in all respects.

edit: oh yeah, freedom fighters. I never actually played that but it certainly as more fans than K&L.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

UrbicaMortis posted:

Has any non-Hitman project from IO ever been good? I kinda respected the weird youtube video aesthetic they tried in Kane and Lynch 2 but that game was bascally awful in all respects.

edit: oh yeah, freedom fighters. I never actually played that but it certainly as more fans than K&L.

No but they seem to be on a roll with Hitman right now so hopefully they're just good these days.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

they gotta branch out this is like their 3rd hitman in 4 or 5 years they are about to release.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Game Awards nominees are out, here's the most important category, Trending Gamer (aka who is getting canceled in 2021)

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Game Awards nominees are out, here's the most important category, Trending Gamer (aka who is getting canceled in 2021)

who are any of these people oh gods i'm old now

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Hey I've actually heard of one of those. Go Alanah!

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Only one nomination for SOR4 and NOT for the soundtrack, trash list.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

stev posted:

Hey I've actually heard of one of those. Go Alanah!

She's the only one I've heard of too. Though she works for Sony now, so I'm surprised she's eligible.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

All of them except Nick look pretty wholesome, this might be the year we finally get the gamer we need

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
nominate a vtuber for trending gamer coward game awards

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Korone was robbed.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

It would definitely upend the cycle where we find out the winner's a creep AFTER they've won.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Actually Nick looks super chuddy now that I’ve carefully studied his picture ...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Jay Rust posted:

Actually Nick looks super chuddy now that I’ve carefully studied his picture ...

Congrats to Nick for winning Trending Gamer 2020