Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

Squiggly posted:

Please note this post doesn't have a conclusion, just thoughts:

It is interesting that sandwolf said let's go for a lurker lynch and not one person fought him on it. In my past experiences, people were usually reluctant to vote a lurker before days 3/4 because there wasn't information to be gleamed. Now, there is a fair chance of scum lurking, but I am interested in the fact that not one person really challenged this concept. Is it possible we're on the wrong track completely, and there are more vocal scum among us?

Undoubtedly one of the more vocal players is scum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Gumball Gumption posted:

a lot of vanilla town claims for a role heavy game.

A lot is the so far two that we’ve seen out of what, 26 players?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

##unvote

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Referee, I see your point that Ceyton could have just tried to repeat what Rarity did but don’t forget.. it literally didn’t save Rarity.

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

DGK2000 posted:

For serious, he literally did this when I was scum with him.

##vote GG

b-minus1 posted:

Ok so gumball isn’t gonna happen. I’ve nailed him as scum before. he lurked until he was called out,and suddenly became active when he was in danger of being lunched. Lets not get to that point

Do you feel better or worse about gumball with this context?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Ugggh idk I thought DGK felt scummy already but maybe Sandwolf is just scum making sense again, and maybe DGK's right about GG ok wait, forget all that, I got a more fun idea

We could lunch Grandi after all and see where the lurkers end up making their stand for getting out that vote

##vote Grandi

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Sandwolf posted:

Referee, I see your point that Ceyton could have just tried to repeat what Rarity did but don’t forget.. it literally didn’t save Rarity.

Claiming VT is never going to save someone, a fake cop claim that outs the real one even if you still die is a better bet

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Squiggly posted:

Claiming VT is never going to save someone, a fake cop claim that outs the real one even if you still die is a better bet

See this is actually what I could see him being coached with, cuz there is scum utility in that no matter what.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

##vote taste

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

Squiggly posted:

Do you feel better or worse about gumball with this context?

Better as in yeah I am like 90% sure GG is scum.

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Bifauxnen posted:

Ugggh idk I thought DGK felt scummy already but maybe Sandwolf is just scum making sense again, and maybe DGK's right about GG ok wait, forget all that, I got a more fun idea

We could lunch Grandi after all and see where the lurkers end up making their stand for getting out that vote

##vote Grandi

I'll give you grandi is posting a bit off, but I'm not seeing anything in his posts that scream scum to me

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Sandwolf posted:

##vote taste

Tell me more

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

chaoslord posted:

Hi Yami, looking at votefinder it does not appear that (or anyone else) ever voted for Steak today, what ever happened to this? Do you still feel this way and have decided lurker lunch is better? You voted for Ceyton, me, and Chic today as your only votes when you have at least a half-proper scum read here.

Eh, I ended up going for a more in depth reread and focused on other stuff.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Referee posted:

A lot is the so far two that we’ve seen out of what, 26 players?

Yeah, but I'm also vanilla town which pushes my gut into thinking Ceyton is lying.

I've also been for Sandwolf's lurker plan because while I feel like Sandwolf is town from D1 interactions this doesn't feel like a very town game he's playing. so maybe a 2nd scum team that Sand is on? Anyways, it's why I'm for lunching a lurker but I prefer the one Sandwolf doesn't.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Ceyton posted:

Steak seems like he genuinely thought Rarity was town but then got convinced by Bif's case.

However, this:

is making me go :thunk:

This is the scummiest post in the game I have read yet

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Gumball Gumption posted:

Yeah, but I'm also vanilla town which pushes my gut into thinking Ceyton is lying.

I've also been for Sandwolf's lurker plan because while I feel like Sandwolf is town from D1 interactions this doesn't feel like a very town game he's playing. so maybe a 2nd scum team that Sand is on? Anyways, it's why I'm for lunching a lurker but I prefer the one Sandwolf doesn't.

lol

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Gumball Gumption posted:

Yeah you reckon? So I’m scum pushing a scummy plan, but you’re down for the plan, and don’t want to vote me.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

chaoslord posted:

How

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990

chaoslord posted:

Is it thougj?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Gumball Gumption posted:

This is such a garbage post lol

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Squiggly posted:

Tell me more

He’s one of the few people who wouldn’t say anything even when pressed, he doesn’t seem to care here either

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Ceyton (7): Rhjamiz, SHALASHASKA HAWKE, IcePhoenix, Grandicap, DGK2000, Gumball Gumption, Squiggly, sandnavyguy, apostateCourier, Yami Fenrir, DGK2000, Squiggly, IcePhoenix
chaoslord (3): Sandwolf, apostateCourier, Bifauxnen, Yami Fenrir, Ceyton, Ceyton, t a s t e, Sandwolf, Hal Incandenza, apostateCourier, Yami Fenrir, CCKeane, Bifauxnen
Rhjamiz (2): Squiggly, Ceyton, sandnavyguy, Squiggly, sandnavyguy, Referee
t a s t e (1): Sandwolf
Idle Amalgam (1): Chic Trombone
Gumball Gumption (1): DGK2000
Grandicap (1): Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen
Hal Incandenza (0): Sandwolf, sandnavyguy, Bifauxnen, Sandwolf, sandnavyguy, Bifauxnen
sandnavyguy (0): Hal Incandenza, SHALASHASKA HAWKE, SHALASHASKA HAWKE, Hal Incandenza
Chic Trombone (0): Yami Fenrir, Yami Fenrir
CCKeane (0): sandnavyguy, sandnavyguy, sandnavyguy, sandnavyguy
DGK2000 (0): Sandwolf, CCKeane, CCKeane, Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, Sandwolf

Not Voting (6): chaoslord, IcePhoenix, Idle Amalgam, Mr. Steak, SalTheBard, Squiggly

With 22 alive, it's 12 votes to execute. The current deadline is November 18th, 2020 at 11:30 p.m. EST -- that's in about 6 hours, 16 minutes.

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
Can someone point me to the first post today where someone mentioned a second scum team? I thought it happened early in the day but I read through the first four pages of d2 and couldn't find it

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Ceyton posted:

I was about to argue but then I found this

quote:

I asked for a three bullet point case on Rarity and no one responded on it. I have seen nothing in Rarity's posting that makes me think they're scum, nothing that makes me think they're town, but I am waiting for someone to try to actually convince me instead of just keep saying 'Rarity is scummy' and reposting some weird interaction with Hal early on.

which makes me feel a little better.

Ceyton what about sandwolf's post here makes you feel better?

This to me reads that you were trying to find someone to make a case for scum on, found Sandwolf saying "I don't think Rarity is scum" and then voting Rarity, and went for it. Now you realize it was a deadline vote and you're trying to backpedal away. Why would Sandwolf saying "No one told me why Rarity is scum" in between "I dont think Rarity is scum" and voting for Rarity make you feel better?

If you weren't at -2 I'd be voting.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Saw the yellow boxes in preview, and the answers are:

1) Yes

2) They pushed you as scum for saying you didn't think Rarity was scum and then you voted at deadline. Like, come on man. That's extremely obviously "Went to Sandwolfs post history and started reading devoid of context". There is no world where your vote is a bad vote! Then they tried to spin away and say "Oh well actually I'm fine with Sandwolf because later he said no one had explained the rarity case", like, what????

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Reads way way more like town tryna find scum, finding a post that pings them, reading more and figuring out it doesn’t really play out like that, and adjusting accordingly. It reads p town to me

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

CCKeane posted:

quote:

Ehhhhhhhh

I'm not seeing Grandi over Rarity/Amni today.

I'll just ##vote Rarity for now. Both to consolidate votes and because I just keep waffling between the two. Rarity's recent posts haven't changed my opinion at all,

Did Sandwolf say anything about Rarity, actually?

quote:

L
Honestly both he and Sandwolf do, with the way they just swooped in to declare that "they acquired too many votes too fast" which honestly seems like a horseshit reason to me, especially with the surprisingly big D1 case material in their content.

Both of them seemed too sure that rarity is town for my liking in those early posts if that makes sense? Preemptively distancing from a lunch they know is town, only to then go back on it later anyway because you know, actual case and stuff. I feel like both largely avoided having an actual stated opinion on them? Other than the votecount argument, which I really feel is strenuous.

Second post is talking about distancing in a vote, and it feels like the first post is distancing in there.

Keane (or anyone else who can figure this out) explain this post because I can not parse what you are saying here.

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

Squiggly posted:

Can someone point me to the first post today where someone mentioned a second scum team? I thought it happened early in the day but I read through the first four pages of d2 and couldn't find it

I think this is it

Hal Incandenza posted:

Multiple scum teams

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Hal Incandenza posted:

Short thankfully, still hate when they put people in the middle seat at the last second when I went out of my way to choose a seat with no one next to me.

Know this pain. Makes me wish my company was a Delta first since my understanding is they still aren't doing middle seats. At least I was able to hit platinum for AA this year with all the travelling. As of right now though I'm the only person in the exit row at all so maybe I'll get to enjoy that? Probably not but a man can dream

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Sandwolf posted:

I don’t like it! IP at least felt sincere and I could tell a bit more he was having a laugh. Slord felt like he was trying to actively dodge responding.

I am sorry that I am not as funny as noted funny man IcePhoenix

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

So I took a closer read at the rush against me and:

DGK2000 posted:

##vote Ceyton DO NOT LIKE THIS POST

Bandwagon vote with ALL-CAPS NON-ARGUABLE JUSTIFICATION

Gumball Gumption posted:

I'm going back and forth on if I think Rhjamiz is scum but this argument isn't it. This is how you get people into traps about if they're posting at suspicious hours and then build a case against them that's mostly based on how poorly they're defending themselves.

Gumball Gumption posted:

I'm trying

##Vote Ceyton

Waffles on Rhjamiz then puts a vote on me with no justification once it's clear that's where the momentum is. He's also #2 on my lurker shitlist behind taste.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Gumball Gumption posted:

I’m not following this logic. So you’re VT, and having seen one VT flip, a second VT claim makes you very suspicious of this because...? Wouldn’t you be MORE inclined to trust that claim in that instance?

I guess it just seems to me that my logic would lean towards “hmm, guess there must be a few more VT’s than I thought” instead of “there’s no way that can possibly be true because I’m VT!”

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

Also not a big fan of Hawke, his justification for voting me is kinda strawman-y

SHALASHASKA HAWKE posted:

literally looking for a safe place to park a vote instead of hunting scum

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

t a s t e posted:

I had the same reaction but since I haven’t read I thought a vote would be dumb

Soft pushing a guy with 8 votes while spending the whole game lurking and studiously avoiding stating a position on anything

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Referee posted:

I’m not following this logic. So you’re VT, and having seen one VT flip, a second VT claim makes you very suspicious of this because...? Wouldn’t you be MORE inclined to trust that claim in that instance?

I guess it just seems to me that my logic would lean towards “hmm, guess there must be a few more VT’s than I thought” instead of “there’s no way that can possibly be true because I’m VT!”

I'd agree if it wasn't specifically a role heavy game.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Grandicap posted:

I am very confused about Bif's constant suspicion on me. Like every third post is just a subtle, "hey, remember, Grandi is scum."
Since I now think she is town I was just trying to ignore it, but I feel like just throwing that out there every 5 minutes is going to let the idea of me being a scum permeate the atmosphere until it just becomes a thing everyone is comfortable with.
I would like to say, for the record, I am not scum.

Yes why would someone try to get people to vote for their preferred candidate, this is truly a mystery

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Gumball Gumption posted:

I'd agree if it wasn't specifically a role heavy game.

There could be 20 roles and still leave 6 VT so you know, not that hard to believe

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Let’s do taste

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Yami Fenrir posted:

Beginning rereading now.

Got slightly delayed because I also had a weather based migraine on top of just being sadbrains, when it rains it pours huh.

First reread victim: Grandicap, as per decree of towniest town bif.

Grandicap's 3 suspicions early on. Honestly... All 3 of those ping me in different ways. The first one seem overblown to me, painting the people in a bad light almost as the main goal more than anything. The third one's just wishy washy "doesn't feel like meta".

Of note is that Grandicap ended up voting IA, which is supposedly "a tone read" whereas "AC is oozing with scum-mind", which... would imply a stronger scumread? Not entirely sure whats up there.

Also Grandicap REALLY wants us to know that the rarity lunch is bad and oh no we're going to townie and oh no I will vote the townie to prevent a no lunch.

Not entirely sure Grandicap is the right vote because their tone just seems to ping me overall since it seems somewhat... theatrical? no matter what. But these are things that bothered me with grandi d1.

While Yami ends this case with saying they are not sure Grandi is the right vote (which is a :thunk: that gives me pause), I like this case and agree with it. Feel good to ##vote grandi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

Sandwolf posted:

Let’s do taste

Was trying to decide between taste and GG

##vote taste