Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

Red Warrior posted:

You get 16x anisotropic filtering on all textures also which can vastly improve the appearance of textures particularly at very oblique angles so roads etc. going into the distance will look much better, that additional detail could be what you are seeing?

It seems to be very specifically reflective surfaces (metal, wet surfaces, etc) and I noticed it particularly in Vigor. I went from xbone x -> series x, I already wiped my original xbone x but am vaguely tempted to set it back up to make sure I am not crazy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Adaptabullshit posted:

Digital Foundry did a comparison vid of AC: Valhalla:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzaSrS1fsvc

PS5 is performing 15-20% better than XSX in some instances.

The absolute state of that Series S version

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.
I have to say, it was worth buying just for the loving loading times on BL3. I hated booting this game up on my Xbone as it took loving ages to even get to the title screen. It feels like about 30 seconds now. Its smooth as gently caress now too. Feels so much nicer but that could just be my brain convincing me it was a good purchase!

Gears 5 looks great too.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best
I went halves with my brother on watch dogs legion, it’s pretty uninspiring but the ray tracing is nice.

Overall gta5 looks better in my opinion, which is pretty crazy since it’s so old.

Bad Parenting
Mar 26, 2007

This could get emotional...

Adaptabullshit posted:

Digital Foundry did a comparison vid of AC: Valhalla:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzaSrS1fsvc

PS5 is performing 15-20% better than XSX in some instances.

I thought the series S was supposed to just run lower resolution versions of series X games, not lower resolution AND half the frame rate?

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

Ubi doesn’t give a gently caress. Other than Sony is anyone else releasing a AAA game this launch? There’s stuff in the pipeline, but covid has thrown a wrench in everything.

They just want the games sitting next to that fancy new console.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Quick resume seems incredibly half-baked. Unreliable, frequently incompatible altogether, and with no UI cues at all which makes it hard to trust. They should be pitching it as a beta feature.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

peanut- posted:

Quick resume seems incredibly half-baked. Unreliable, frequently incompatible altogether, and with no UI cues at all which makes it hard to trust. They should be pitching it as a beta feature.

I've had no issues with it

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

ZenVulgarity posted:

I've had no issues with it

It works perfectly for certain games, sometimes for some games, and not at all for others. I’ve been using it for gta5 since I got my console and not had one issue, but for games that have any a login element it kicks you back to main screen after a short period( like sekiro).

Seems to be turned off completely for watch dogs.

It’s really great for the ones it works for , just need to improve on the others.

mem
Sep 1, 2005
I think valhalla looks pretty good on the xsx, but my tv has vrr so I haven't noticed any screen tearing.

I downloaded zuma's revenge off gamepass for my wife and played like five hours after I should have gone to sleep though. Probably have as much time on that as valhalla. Playing mobile games on my $500 console.

tensai
May 8, 2007

Just trying to keep my boyfriend away from that redheaded harlot.
Mostly loving the series x. The quick resume is a game changer and is cooler than my ps5's "crash the OS every time you boot" feature.

But most baffling choice is getting rid of stream to PC. The One could do it, but the SX won't allow it.

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

I just want to view my shares in the stupid Windows app.

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

Crafty posted:

It works perfectly for certain games, sometimes for some games, and not at all for others. I’ve been using it for gta5 since I got my console and not had one issue, but for games that have any a login element it kicks you back to main screen after a short period( like sekiro).

Seems to be turned off completely for watch dogs.

It’s really great for the ones it works for , just need to improve on the others.

I can get it to work with Watchdogs and Valhalla, but you have open the ubisoft connect app and login to that first (which isn't worth it).

The Grey
Mar 2, 2004

mem posted:

I think valhalla looks pretty good on the xsx, but my tv has vrr so I haven't noticed any screen tearing.

I downloaded zuma's revenge off gamepass for my wife and played like five hours after I should have gone to sleep though. Probably have as much time on that as valhalla. Playing mobile games on my $500 console.

... but how did Zuma's Revenge look upscaled to 4k with HDR?

FunOne
Aug 20, 2000
I am a slimey vat of concentrated stupidity

Fun Shoe
NHL 19 has some weird quick resume problems. Just loading the console back up to finish a game, something that works fine on the One X, broke the game for me today. Something about a missing profile.

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry
I’ve been playing through the fallouts while I wait for the 60 FPS Fallout 4 upgrade and Fallout 3 works amazingly with quick resume. Don’t ever see the start up screen and it loads instantly.

wicked duck
Sep 2, 2004

tensai posted:

Mostly loving the series x. The quick resume is a game changer and is cooler than my ps5's "crash the OS every time you boot" feature.

But most baffling choice is getting rid of stream to PC. The One could do it, but the SX won't allow it.

This did annoy me yesterday, but I’m sure they are just behind porting the feature to the new Xbox win10 app. Streaming works fine on iOS, but the sound output would get confused if you switched apps and would have to restart the streaming connection.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Quick resume rules and is probably one of xbox's best features. A few tips to get the most use out of it though. If you're cycling through just 5 games or so it works fine, if you run through a bunch there can be hitches. For now I just quit out of online games when I'm done because they need to reconnect anyways generally and I also quit out games I know I won't come back to for awhile. I've got Skate 3, Tetris, Sleeping dogs, Yakuza 7, Sekiro, and Battlfield 5 all in quick resume and they've all been working flawlessly for days now. BF5 is online but the intro screens are annoying so it's nice to cut through that.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

Biodome posted:

I’ve been playing through the fallouts while I wait for the 60 FPS Fallout 4 upgrade and Fallout 3 works amazingly with quick resume. Don’t ever see the start up screen and it loads instantly.

I loaded fallout 4 and went to load my game with 83+ hours on it. It told me that my game would lose stuff because of the add-ons not being available. Freaked me out but you just have to go to the game management and it will let you install the add-ons. Had me stressed.

Edit: 10-second load times on fallout 4.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Seltzer posted:

Quick resume rules and is probably one of xbox's best features. A few tips to get the most use out of it though. If you're cycling through just 5 games or so it works fine, if you run through a bunch there can be hitches. For now I just quit out of online games when I'm done because they need to reconnect anyways generally and I also quit out games I know I won't come back to for awhile. I've got Skate 3, Tetris, Sleeping dogs, Yakuza 7, Sekiro, and Battlfield 5 all in quick resume and they've all been working flawlessly for days now. BF5 is online but the intro screens are annoying so it's nice to cut through that.

Sekiro kick you back to login screen though? Has network features that disconnect for me - or are you paying offline mode

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums
xCloud preview sign ups available for Aussies

https://www.xbox.com/en-au/xbox-game-streaming/project-xcloud/register

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I was accepted yesterday. Haven't tried it yet.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
MS is loving killing me with this launch day order bullshit. I ordered at midnight on launch day and have a est delivery of 12/23. I've now had 2 pending charges on my card show up only to go away. I talked to MS and they said that may happen 3-4 times because the system is just checking if the money is there.

I've seen a lot of people saying their order just randomly showed up with no tracking or shipping notification and seeing them keep popping up as if they have more in stock is just kind of infuriating when my order is just sitting there in limbo.

TLDR: The MS store is loving dumb and in a normal world I'd love to not give them my money.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ouhei posted:

MS is loving killing me with this launch day order bullshit. I ordered at midnight on launch day and have a est delivery of 12/23. I've now had 2 pending charges on my card show up only to go away. I talked to MS and they said that may happen 3-4 times because the system is just checking if the money is there.

I've seen a lot of people saying their order just randomly showed up with no tracking or shipping notification and seeing them keep popping up as if they have more in stock is just kind of infuriating when my order is just sitting there in limbo.

TLDR: The MS store is loving dumb and in a normal world I'd love to not give them my money.

I will try to keep you updated on my own MS Store order. Did the same as you, and am having the same issues with pending charges on my card, which is just loving absurd and not necessary for Microsoft to keep doing that. No one else does this with charging your card over and over again as a test.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

I said come in! posted:

I will try to keep you updated on my own MS Store order. Did the same as you, and am having the same issues with pending charges on my card, which is just loving absurd and not necessary for Microsoft to keep doing that. No one else does this with charging your card over and over again as a test.

Yeah, I've never had anything like that before. I think it's fairly clear that their system is not designed to handle orders where things don't ship out right away. Them continuing to open up orders and not pout any wording that people will not actually receive a unit for well over a month is insane to me as well.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
while all the SX excitement is going on, I decided to go back and play some 360 launch titles. gently caress me PGR3 is still good as hell, even after all these years

Whiskey Dick posted:

This did annoy me yesterday, but I’m sure they are just behind porting the feature to the new Xbox win10 app. Streaming works fine on iOS, but the sound output would get confused if you switched apps and would have to restart the streaming connection.

I'm absolutely certain this has to do with MS rolling out all these features in the Companion app for Windows, and then suddenly deciding "actually we're gonna get rid of the companion app" and move everything back into the Xbox app....where it was originally. Learned a thing or two from Google's product development teams I guess

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Crafty posted:

Sekiro kick you back to login screen though? Has network features that disconnect for me - or are you paying offline mode

It just works for me. I checked and it's online mode.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY

mem posted:

It's not terrible on a non-vrr display. I do notice tearing in cutscenes but not as much during gameplay. It's not a fully smooth 60fps while playing (especially when torches are out and casting shadows) but it's good enough and I am very very glad they didn't lock it to 30fps like Watch Dogs. I think Ubi skimped a bit on the Xbox optimization as it runs near perfectly on PS5 (there's no reason for the XSX to drop 15 frames in one place and the PS5 to stay a constant 60fps looking at the hardware specs).

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Seltzer posted:

It just works for me. I checked and it's online mode.

What about when you go into rest mode then come back? Mine goes: ‘no network connection’ switching to offline mode

Figured that was just a result of disconnect when it went to sleep

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
the games that will work or not well with resume is probably the same ones that would freak out on xbox one/s/x when you suspended the game and put the console to sleep, MS needs to enforce better standards for that from developers.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

The Nuts & Bolts title screen is actually quite nice now until it drops into the gameplay demo video that's both low res and low framerate lol.

Guacala
Jul 19, 2009

Going to try for the Walmart thing in a few minutes. Not getting my hopes up.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Got one from Walmart. That was... uh... too easy

Spruchy
May 12, 2013

I am not a machine. I feel and believe. I have opinions. Some of them are interesting. I could, if you would let me, talk and talk. Let us talk about anything.

BonoMan posted:

if it makes you feel better i tried pretty hard on both app and PC and didnt get poo poo.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Spruchy posted:

if it makes you feel better i tried pretty hard on both app and PC and didnt get poo poo.

It's still showing as in stock... is it just impossible to check out?

bees everywhere
Nov 19, 2002

I'm still stuck on the "Enter payment method" screen, by now I'm sure I'm out of luck.

Ugh I keep getting to the final "Place your order" button and then it kicks me back.

bees everywhere fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Nov 19, 2020

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

BonoMan posted:

Tons of errors lol

Edit: aaaand out of stock

Spruchy
May 12, 2013

I am not a machine. I feel and believe. I have opinions. Some of them are interesting. I could, if you would let me, talk and talk. Let us talk about anything.

BonoMan posted:

It's still showing as in stock... is it just impossible to check out?

yeah, i got one in the cart like 15-30 seconds into the clock turning but no check out yet.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Spruchy posted:

yeah, i got one in the cart like 15-30 seconds into the clock turning but no check out yet.

Booo yeah that was like my first several days of trying Walmart's lovely site. Guessing I just got uber lucky finally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guacala
Jul 19, 2009

Stuck on review your order.