Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...

henpod posted:

I NEVER want to go through this again. Life throws a lot of stress at you and its ridiculous how much time and anxiety this took. For a loving toy.

Welcome to the pit of despair (and page refreshing), UK Goons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Fedule posted:

Allegedly, GAME's "priority insured shipping" they hawk with these things to get another £15 out of you is with Royal Mail, moves the delivery date up to Dec 5th, and says you'll have your console in hand then or you'll have £50 back (or something similar, it might have been "up to £50 of the cost of shipping") or a full refund, so long as you submit the Royal Mail form yada yada yada. Who knows how this will actually shake out in this world where companies can just tell you to go gently caress yourself and close your ticket but hey.

I would be picking that by default. I am getting married on the 10th and I am infinitely more interested in Lady VG than a PS5. :3:

henpod posted:

Ah man, I'm really rooting for you. Sending all luck your way.

Thank you :) Maybe I will get lucky!

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
For anyone considering jumping in the GAME queue and hoping, here are the terms for Priority Insured delivery:

quote:

Subject to customer submitting a Royal Mail Lost in Transit claim via GAME customer services and Royal Mail validating such claim, Priority Insured Delivery entitles customer to either;

a) a free of charge replacement console, and a partial refund of £50 to the original method of payment; or

b) a full refund of the price paid for the console ordered and the £19.99 delivery charge (payable to original method of payment), together with £50 compensation (payable at customer’s choice, either by BACS, Cheque or onto a GAME Gift card).Please note that Royal Mail’s Lost in Transit claim procedure can take up to 21 days to complete

I want to say this commits GAME to shipping with Royal Mail.

God drat this whole thing was harrowing though. I wish there was a way to earnestly wish everyone still waiting good luck without kinda sounding like a dick but I'm just going to have to take that bullet; Good luck, goons, and please trust that I am not being a dick. We'll game together someday.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Hey Chonk Station 5 thread. I got my chonker today.

Why can't you sort poo poo and make folders?

Also sad that there are no games. But that was true for all the Playstation consoles.

Bad Parenting
Mar 26, 2007

This could get emotional...

VideoGames posted:

I would be picking that by default. I am getting married on the 10th and I am infinitely more interested in Lady VG than a PS5. :3:

Fingers crossed for you that they don't extend this lockdown, I was supposed to be marrying my fiancé this weekend but we've had to push it back to next year now :(

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Oh wow. The entire console crashed during the intro to Miles Morales. Had to hold the power button until it shutdown and the go through the system check thing when it started again.

The level I played of Astro's Playroom was good though.

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001
I managed to find a space next to my TV unit to sit mine vertically. Thank gently caress cause it looks atrocious when laying flat.

It's loving big innit.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

Amazon (US) had some in stock for what couldn't have been more than a couple minutes and they're gone.

I couldn't get it processed through in time. :suicide:

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Leyburn posted:

I managed to find a space next to my TV unit to sit mine vertically. Thank gently caress cause it looks atrocious when laying flat.

It's loving big innit.

Almost as big as my mid size tower and bigger than my subwoofer

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
Mine is sitting on the floor next to the old tower I have plugged into the TV and yeah, it's nearly the same size in terms of depth and height. I don't really mind the size for what it's giving me in return. My only complaint is that the included HDMI cable is not long enough to reach from directly beside the TV stand to the HDMI port on the back of the TV, so I have to use the one I was using for the PS4. It seems to be fine, but I see a lot of people saying you really should use the included one, so hopefully I'm not unknowingly missing out on something.

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!

Volte posted:

Mine is sitting on the floor next to the old tower I have plugged into the TV and yeah, it's nearly the same size in terms of depth and height. I don't really mind the size for what it's giving me in return. My only complaint is that the included HDMI cable is not long enough to reach from directly beside the TV stand to the HDMI port on the back of the TV, so I have to use the one I was using for the PS4. It seems to be fine, but I see a lot of people saying you really should use the included one, so hopefully I'm not unknowingly missing out on something.

Unless your TV is capable of 4K at 120Hz, no, the included cable is not necessary. If you had a Pro or slim PS4 the cable from those should at least support 4k 60Hz with HDR if your TV does that.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

Leyburn posted:

It's loving big innit.

Mine's sitting vertical on the floor beside my AV shelf. It's almost as tall as my AV shelf.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

Hey Chonk Station 5 thread. I got my chonker today.

Why can't you sort poo poo and make folders?

Also sad that there are no games. But that was true for all the Playstation consoles.

you can sort your stuff in the library. its basically the nintendo switch home screen now where you only see your most recent stuff on the main bar.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Vikar Jerome posted:

you can sort your stuff in the library. its basically the nintendo switch home screen now where you only see your most recent stuff on the main bar.

OH wow. The library with all the games including those I don't own anymore? That seems like a bad choice

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Red Warrior posted:

Unless your TV is capable of 4K at 120Hz, no, the included cable is not necessary. If you had a Pro or slim PS4 the cable from those should at least support 4k 60Hz with HDR if your TV does that.

My TV has 120hz 4K(Sony XBR65X900F). I'm running the PS5 on the high bandwidth HDR port. Any other settings I should look at to be sure the PS5 is actually using this?

e: looks like I just need to default to performance mode. nice.

bradzilla fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Nov 19, 2020

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Platted Astro’s Playroom. What a wonderful game! I can’t believe it’s a pack-in

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

Red Warrior posted:

Thanks for the info. I think my TV is just 4k60 and HDR is definitely working so it seems all good.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

VideoGames posted:

I am getting married on the 10th and I am infinitely more interested in Lady VG than a PS5. :3:

Maybe your username should be “fiancé” then!!!!!

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Escobarbarian posted:

firm but fair

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

OH wow. The library with all the games including those I don't own anymore? That seems like a bad choice

not if you kept 'em.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Escobarbarian posted:

Platted Astro’s Playroom. What a wonderful game! I can’t believe it’s a pack-in

drat! slow down, you only got the drat thing a few hours ago

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
"We'll deliver on the 25"
"Oh look, now you're getting it 20-22"
"Oops, back to 25"
"Now it's on the 26"

Mr Delivery Man why do you keep playing with my feelings :negative:

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Vikar Jerome posted:

I have many other games to play!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Escobarbarian posted:

:hmmyes:

I cannot argue with this logic.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Vikar Jerome posted:

Hey don't judge. I've beaten Astro's Playroom and Bugsnax since I got mine a week ago. Granted both of those are short games but normally a short game would still take me like a week or two to beat.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Where the gently caress is this DHL delivery

People with yodel apparently at least have a 50/50 of no console at all or actual tracking with a time slot and everything.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

cross-posting my post from the spidey thread here since it's more PS5 related:

Now that I'm wrapping up NG+ and started cleaning up all the collect-a-thons and optional stuff, I have to once again throw a big wow to the PS5's Game Center or whatever it's called. It lists available poo poo for you to do and instantly takes you there / starts them so you don't even need to swing from place to place. It seems all the traversal challenges, FNSM app activities, enemy bases, hell even main/side missions can be started directly from the playstation UI. Add the super fast loading times and you can basically knock a lot of these in quick succession. It's pretty slick and I hope more games (specifically this type of open world like game) implement this moving forward.

Seriously, I hope every game does this. Astro's demo of it was awesome and seeing it on an actual game really shows how loving cool it actually is.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Hey is there a way to move all my clips and screenshots from PS4 to PS5? I already did a system transfer but cannot find them.

Also.. can I not play movies off of a USB stick anymore? I plugged it in but couldn't find a media player app anywhere...

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

Bust Rodd posted:

Hey is there a way to move all my clips and screenshots from PS4 to PS5? I already did a system transfer but cannot find them.

No, back those up to a USB hard drive or PC.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
So quick question...

If I have a few digital download versions of PS4 games, can I download and play those games on the PS5?
Or does backwards compatibility only work for physical disk versions of games?

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

GreatGreen posted:

So quick question...

If I have a few digital download versions of PS4 games, can I download and play those games on the PS5?
Or does backwards compatibility only work for physical disk versions of games?

if its in your account, you can download ps4 games no problem

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice
I was supposed to go with my wife to the supermarket, but decided to stay behind and refresh amazon, like I had been all loving day. She came back really pissed off, carrying heavy bags. She is seriously annoyed at me...but, that choice led me to snag one. To be honest, I would much rather take the heat (which is a lot, she is Bulgarian and they don't gently caress around) over the harrowing carnage that was today's shopping experience.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Mine arrived in the middle of the day. I am still at work, so I asked if I could finish early. Get the green light, but then my boss askes me about the differences between the PS4 and PS5. Turns out his son was hinting at wanting one for Christmas, but hadn't asked.

:stare:

So I had to explain how hosed he was for trying to find one and now I feel bad for him. But his son is also a brat so him not having a PS5 kinda fills me with joy.

Now to finish up early and get to unpack it!

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

Vikar Jerome posted:

if its in your account, you can download ps4 games no problem

Noice. Thanks!

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Is there any kind of wishlist function to know when a game goes on sale? I definitely want No Man's Sky but am willing to wait till it is on sale

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

History Comes Inside! posted:

Everyone bought them early with a link that got exposed kind of like the Amazon ones in the US when preorders first opened.

Curry’s have seemingly taken the easy way out and just cancelled anything that was over their stock limit and taken the rest as “we’ve already got the money so gently caress it”. The bad press they catch over not keeping to their advertised time isn’t going to phase them because they already have a rightfully earned dog poo poo reputation.

Looks like my brother got super lucky with it, his order hasn’t been cancelled as of yet.

For anyone else who got in early enough with curry’s this morning it looks like the orders stand, he’s just had an email through confirming delivery by 15th of December.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

henpod posted:

I was supposed to go with my wife to the supermarket, but decided to stay behind and refresh amazon, like I had been all loving day. She came back really pissed off, carrying heavy bags. She is seriously annoyed at me...but, that choice led me to snag one. To be honest, I would much rather take the heat (which is a lot, she is Bulgarian and they don't gently caress around) over the harrowing carnage that was today's shopping experience.
Ha, worth it tho.

My story is that my girlfriend felt sorry for me when she wandered over and saw me gazing forlornly at a John Lewis check out page with a sold out PS5 sitting in it. Randomly clicking around afterwards I happened to get lucky with the Amazon page opening up for orders. It didn't quite feel real as I'd basically given up. Although hearing I got a PS5 ordered the girlfriend took away the kitkat she'd given me out of sympathy, so swings and roundabouts really.

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice

Flayer posted:

Ha, worth it tho.

My story is that my girlfriend felt sorry for me when she wandered over and saw me gazing forlornly at a John Lewis check out page with a sold out PS5 sitting in it. Randomly clicking around afterwards I happened to get lucky with the Amazon page opening up for orders. It didn't quite feel real as I'd basically given up. Although hearing I got a PS5 ordered the girlfriend took away the kitkat she'd given me out of sympathy, so swings and roundabouts really.

I'm still waiting for that email that says they can't honor the order because of overselling. I was minutes away from giving up when the basket popped up.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

PowerBeard posted:

Mine arrived in the middle of the day. I am still at work, so I asked if I could finish early. Get the green light, but then my boss askes me about the differences between the PS4 and PS5. Turns out his son was hinting at wanting one for Christmas, but hadn't asked.

:stare:

So I had to explain how hosed he was for trying to find one and now I feel bad for him. But his son is also a brat so him not having a PS5 kinda fills me with joy.

Now to finish up early and get to unpack it!

The possibility that a lot of Christmas shoppers who aren't aware of how hard it is to get one are going to enter the market a week from now is there. This poo poo could get even worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Is there any kind of wishlist function to know when a game goes on sale? I definitely want No Man's Sky but am willing to wait till it is on sale

It works exactly the same as Nintendo's e-shop, it even uses the same little heart symbol