Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
https://mangadex.org/chapter/1099473

Mighty boyfriend and animal abuse man simply do not respect this tournament. Can true love win out!? Medel book cover, lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

why is the umpire trying to call the fight when it's clearly not over

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

where the red fern gropes posted:

Not intelligently defending himself, so she's trying to trigger a down for a count, I guess.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

where the red fern gropes posted:

In this case it's purgatory rules. A knockdown calls for a 10 count and the special exception from the previous round has already been lifted.

LaSquida
Nov 1, 2012

Just keep on walkin'.

Caidin posted:

https://mangadex.org/chapter/1099473

Mighty boyfriend and animal abuse man simply do not respect this tournament. Can true love win out!? Medel book cover, lol

I'm gonna be really annoyed if we don't see Gaoh take Koga out on a date before this is over

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

I love the reveal that the eye in the sky is Naidan is predicting really good, like super good

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Ryuki: I will become the Kengan Omega.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Artelier posted:

I love the reveal that the eye in the sky is Naidan is predicting really good, like super good

I mean this is a light science fiction fighting manga, not light fantasy That would be Baki

Chaos Triangle
Dec 9, 2007
DO NOT TRUST
Real talk, the instant Naidan mention "the Omega" this is where my mind jumped:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3jKpKCMKNs

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Okay, everyone looks weird but the animation in the Kengan anime isn't nearly as bad as I was assuming it would be.

But drat, you don't really need to mess with the dialogue guys! Kuroki saying 'I have killed you twice' is a much stronger line than 'You have lost twice now'

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 08:57 on Nov 19, 2020

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
The Kengan anime can be seriously ugly but it's almost consistently well-animated

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
https://mangadex.org/chapter/1106993

Okay, so somebody get stabbed with a hand and massive blood spray went up but that happens a lot in this manga so I'm not convinced that was a kill shot.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
if Liu is a secret Tiger Vessel Candidate I'll honestly be impressed. Feels bad to watch him watch his friend basically shed his disguise and go full murderboner

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Brought To You By posted:

if Liu is a secret Tiger Vessel Candidate I'll honestly be impressed. Feels bad to watch him watch his friend basically shed his disguise and go full murderboner

Yeah I dig their friendship.

Char
Jan 5, 2013

Brought To You By posted:

That wouldn't make sense imo. He's the Okubo of Purgatory side, and he's cementing his "wtf, fighing to kill? that's gross" persona here. Naidan fooled him, I still believe the vessel is Fei.
That panel with the side-eye, though. Feels bad for Liu, it seems like they were buddies.

Char fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Nov 19, 2020

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Even if Ryuki kills here, it wasn't really his fault. Naiden forced him into a deathmatch and it was kill or be killed. I hope the manga doesn't try to portray him as a monster now that he killed in self defense, that'd be really dumb.

Char
Jan 5, 2013

RatHat posted:

Even if Ryuki kills here, it wasn't really his fault. Naiden forced him into a deathmatch and it was kill or be killed. I hope the manga doesn't try to portray him as a monster now that he killed in self defense, that'd be really dumb.

Well the chapter ends with "it's not my fault". I think Ryuki will have to think a bit about morality, after the match - he's already less of a monster compared to last time.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Ryuki has been hanging around with seki

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Char posted:

That wouldn't make sense imo. He's the Okubo of Purgatory side, and he's cementing his "wtf, fighing to kill? that's gross" persona here. Naidan fooled him, I still believe the vessel is Fei.
That panel with the side-eye, though. Feels bad for Liu, it seems like they were buddies.

If I was willing to entertain the idea that Ryuki was a hypnotized Setsuna bases solely on them having the same height and general physique. I can pretend that Liu is the Doppio to the Tiger Vessel's Diavolo. You never know what outlandish theories might prove true.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

no criticism of the use of spoilers but this has no official release so when do we general stop using them?

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Jose posted:

no criticism of the use of spoilers but this has no official release so when do we general stop using them?

Based on past experience in the thread, usually like a full day or two after the release when it's assumed anyone following has probably read it.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Look, I'm just saying, no matter how strong your opponent is, if you crush their windpipe they won't be fighting you for long.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

RareAcumen posted:

Look, I'm just saying, no matter how strong your opponent is, if you bore a hole through their head like a grapeshot they won't be fighting you for long.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Kanos posted:

Based on past experience in the thread, usually like a full day or two after the release when it's assumed anyone following has probably read it.

Pretty much this. I have an RSS for mangadex so I catch chapters pretty early and come to gush about them. No sense spoiling the people who haven't read it but after a day that statute is up.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Jose posted:

about a screen's worth of posts away from the link to the chapter

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

https://mangadex.org/chapter/1115307/1

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

A beautiful friendship, cut tragically short :smith:

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010
Under purgatory rules, gladiators never lose.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Omega has fewer relationships between fighters on display than Asura. But they are trying to compensate by funneling it all that concentrated bromance into as few characters as possible. RIP Naidan, you were a scumbag working for the Worms but you left a good man behind Also Le Banner is evil I guess.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
"who could have predicted this?", says kazuo, the guy who predicted this.

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

I am sorry. I have no vices for you to exploit.

Who do you guys think will fight Liu?

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Tosk posted:

Who do you guys think will fight Liu?

Ohma for maximum anger.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
Oh man, Naidan. I wish that shot of the blue sky was colored in, it represents the eternal blue sky which is essentially heaven if I'm right.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I'm confused at the people like "WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS?!" when Gaoh was being strangled by a guy who had openly voiced his willingness to kill him, and then slammed Gaoh's blow deeper into his own neck. Yamashita at least should have definitely seen everything that went on.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i'm not sure if kazuo can override his fighters and choose to forfeit, but if he can this was pretty much entirely his fault.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
To be honest the Referee should have long called this fight when things escalated. For once the Kengan side is better about this since individual referees have at least tried to make a call when things looked bad, even if they ultimately make the call too late. Metsudo even had his bodyguards on standby for Akoya's fight, not saying Purgatory should have had someone ready to hold fighters back since they wouldn't expect this kind of outcome.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

looks like ohma's gonna be fighting king then

https://mangadex.org/chapter/1122651/1

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Edit:beat

Lol Raian.
Okay so like is Banner another Worm or part of a different conspiracy or just his own weird rear end in a top hat?

Caidin fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Dec 3, 2020

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Caidin posted:

https://mangadex.org/chapter/1122651/1

Turning up the heat!

Agito fight! Something bout a ring?

Going to assume it's related to the Gu ritual Agito was put in. That or we're doing a Phantom Blood reference

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
so is Toyoda hiring Muteba to kill Ohma?