Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Snowman_McK posted:

All the twilight people were supposed to go places after those films. I remember Stallone of all people talking about wanting to take Lutz and Lautner under his wing. And everyone's careers are dead. Pattinson and Stewart are the only ones in anything. They did have a go at making Lautner happen though.

Rami Malek has an Oscar!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

FlamingLiberal posted:

Scream 5 is a thing, and the official title for it is......Scream.

https://www.ign.com/articles/scream-5-official-title-and-release-date-revealed

It's coming out in January so you can probably make a guess as to what the studio thinks of it.

dunno what there is to do with the series at this point but i enjoyed Scream 4 alright so yeah, okay

Beachcomber posted:

I hate when they do this. It makes everything more difficult.

i'm chosing to believe that it's metacommentary on Halloween (2018)

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I hated Scream 4

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
They should have called it Scream 2021 and have it be futuristic like what would have been futuristic in 1996 when Scream 1 came out.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Tars Tarkas posted:

My Cinemark one turned back on as the theater here opened but it's probably going to get closed again so I expect it to turn back off again.

My local Cinemark opened back up in September and was all "we're going to start charging you in October" then quickly went to "uh, never mind." I just looked on their website and they're still technically open but only a couple showings a day. Looks like they're doing most of their business through the private screening option.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Chairman Capone posted:

Anna Kendrick too, though she was pretty much a third-tier character in the first Twilight and her screentime only went down from there.

To be honest, I did not know kendrick was in them. I checked and it pretty much was her first big role.

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Rami Malek has an Oscar!

Okay, so that's two people i had no idea were in those movies. I

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Snowman_McK posted:

To be honest, I did not know kendrick was in them. I checked and it pretty much was her first big role.

Okay, so that's two people i had no idea were in those movies. I

not to dunk on you but i went to find out that lee pace, michael sheen and bryce dallas howard were also in the twilight movies :stare:

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

not to dunk on you but i went to find out that lee pace, michael sheen and bryce dallas howard were also in the twilight movies :stare:

Holy poo poo. Well, two of those three were well established before those films. I was referring mostly to those who got on the poster. By altering the parameters after the fact, I get to be less wrong.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

The casts of those movies are surprisingly good. It's everything else that's terrible. At the least the rifftrax makes them easier to get through.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Michael Sheen love every moment acting in Twilight. You can see it.

Edit: The whole Twilight series just went on Malaysian Netflix and now half my country's top 10 is Twilight. A welcome change from the usual Korean dramas and softcore erotica.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Neo Rasa posted:

They should have called it Scream 2021 and have it be futuristic like what would have been futuristic in 1996 when Scream 1 came out.

Should have been 5cream.

Also the release date is January of 2022. It just wrapped filming.

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

"rararararara" contains the meaning of everything, kept in simple rectangular structures
They should have called this one Scream 1996, and saved Scream for the next one

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

The MSJ posted:

Michael Sheen love every moment acting in Twilight. You can see it.

Edit: The whole Twilight series just went on Malaysian Netflix and now half my country's top 10 is Twilight. A welcome change from the usual Korean dramas and softcore erotica.

He really does make the scenes he's in 1000x more entertaining because he's devouring scenery. Michael Sheen rules is what I'm saying and is one of the few good things in those tedious movies.

The 20 minute battle scene in the last one is also a highlight because it's the best action scene in the series and the resolution sent my balls into orbit I was laughing so hard.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Neo Rasa posted:

Scream X, bring back Skeet Ulrich and Dax Sheppard to terrorize a space station.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

joylessdivision posted:

He really does make the scenes he's in 1000x more entertaining because he's devouring scenery. Michael Sheen rules is what I'm saying and is one of the few good things in those tedious movies.

The 20 minute battle scene in the last one is also a highlight because it's the best action scene in the series and the resolution sent my balls into orbit I was laughing so hard.

A friend of mine recently decided to watch the first Twilight movie because he didn't know much about them and had only seen that one battle scene on YouTube, so he assumed the whole series would be like that.

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016

Pope Corky the IX posted:

A friend of mine recently decided to watch the first Twilight movie because he didn't know much about them and had only seen that one battle scene on YouTube, so he assumed the whole series would be like that.

Tbh the baseball scene alone makes the first movie worth it

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Hootin' and hollerin' during that battle while about 20 women around are angry about my hootin' and hollerin' is one of my favorite theater experiences.

E: I assume you're talking about the battle in the final movie

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Chairman Capone posted:

Anna Kendrick too, though she was pretty much a third-tier character in the first Twilight and her screentime only went down from there.

Rami Malek has an Oscar!

These are pretty wild so I ended up looking up the casts for these films

Dakota Fanning, Cameron Bright, Bryce Dallas Howard, Michael loving Sheen are in these movies. Peter Lambert (editor) has a voice role!

Also notable are Angela Sarafyan, Elizabeth Reaser, and Mackenzie Foy.

Efb but the point stands

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

joylessdivision posted:

I've only seen snips of Twilight but is that the thing that turns out to be a dream?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

davidspackage posted:

I've only seen snips of Twilight but is that the thing that turns out to be a dream?

It was explained to me by the person I was with, that That particular sparklepire's power was that she could show people a possible future, so it was just a vision of what would happen if they did go to battle. Apparently in the book, they just shook hands and decided it was a bad idea, the battle itself was created entirely for the movie

Anonymous Zebra
Oct 21, 2005
Blending in like it ain't no thang
Ok, so I watched the Chaos Walking trailer and I understand now why it was likely unwatchable. They essentially are running into the same problem as David Lynch's Dune where they need to tell a complete story with voice-overs but the voice-overs never stop and also are visual and also the characters themselves need to be talking at the same time and everyone on screen should be having a voice-over simultaneously. This was probably doable with a book, but is really hard for a movie.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Iron Crowned posted:

It was explained to me by the person I was with, that That particular sparklepire's power was that she could show people a possible future, so it was just a vision of what would happen if they did go to battle. Apparently in the book, they just shook hands and decided it was a bad idea, the battle itself was created entirely for the movie

What made this reveal even funnier is that I knew this going into it, my best friend who was watching with me did not. I've never seen someone go from "Ok maybe this isn't complete trash" to "ARE YOU loving KIDDING ME!!?" :allears:

kolby
Oct 29, 2004
wrong thread

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

joylessdivision posted:

This on opening night is one of my favorite movie experiences, everyone screaming as main characters dropped like flies

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

joylessdivision posted:

What made this reveal even funnier is that I knew this going into it, my best friend who was watching with me did not. I've never seen someone go from "Ok maybe this isn't complete trash" to "ARE YOU loving KIDDING ME!!?" :allears:

I watched it with my wife, who loved those books/movies when she was like 14, and that was my exact reaction to the last one. When the fighting started, I thought, "wait, are there actual stakes?" And then it pulls it all away, like Charlie Brown with a football, and I laughed for the rest of the movie. What a meaningless, irrelevant waste of time that entire franchise was.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

aware of dog posted:

Tbh the baseball scene alone makes the first movie worth it

It's loving wild that they made the actors hold a CGI baseball to make sure the logo was visible.

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

Iron Crowned posted:

The nice thing about it is that it's foreshadowed. Edward and Alice play psychic chess throughout the books and movies. One player makes a move, Alice predicts what would happen based on another move, Edward reads her mind to see that prediction, Alice predicts his response to the prediction, and so on. The final fight is basically another psychic chess fight, hence the Breaking Dawn logo being chess pieces. In the books, it comes off as very lame as Alice just explains to Bella "Oh, we had a psychic battle and resolved the whole thing." Dramatizing the chess match was much more effective.

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.

Rageaholic posted:

https://twitter.com/Gizmodo/status/1329210102843285504

Wonder Woman 1984 coming to theaters AND HBO Max on Christmas Day :cool:

LOL all the money has been lost.

It's like watching a bunch of terminal cancer patients going to Oregon to get it over with.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

MasqueradeOverture posted:

LOL all the money has been lost.

It's like watching a bunch of terminal cancer patients going to Oregon to get it over with.

It's getting international theatrical release and then hitting VOD in January so they'll still make money on this.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

pospysyl posted:

The nice thing about it is that it's foreshadowed. Edward and Alice play psychic chess throughout the books and movies. One player makes a move, Alice predicts what would happen based on another move, Edward reads her mind to see that prediction, Alice predicts his response to the prediction, and so on. The final fight is basically another psychic chess fight, hence the Breaking Dawn logo being chess pieces. In the books, it comes off as very lame as Alice just explains to Bella "Oh, we had a psychic battle and resolved the whole thing." Dramatizing the chess match was much more effective.

They did something similar to this the second Guy Ritchie Sherlock Holmes movie, though I have a feeling it was done a bit better there.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Chieves posted:

They did something similar to this the second Guy Ritchie Sherlock Holmes movie, though I have a feeling it was done a bit better there.

significantly better, though watching it in isolation robs you of the buildup from all the variations they do on Holmes' analysis fighting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-U0KlXwNsCk

man. I really liked those movies, and would definitely enjoy more, but also Ritchie kinda covered all the ground he seemed to want to cover in those two?

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

significantly better, though watching it in isolation robs you of the buildup from all the variations they do on Holmes' analysis fighting:

man. I really liked those movies, and would definitely enjoy more, but also Ritchie kinda covered all the ground he seemed to want to cover in those two?

When Moriarty suddenly cuts in, that's one of the few times I've felt the audience collectively gasp at the theater.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-U0KlXwNsCk

They're making a third aren't they?

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Don't think Ritchie is involved

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

Pink Panther is back -- the cartoon? The inspector? BOTH!

quote:

MGM's Pink Panther is getting ready to purr once again.

Jeff Fowler, the director of Sonic the Hedgehog, and Chris Bremner, who co-wrote Bad Boys for Life, are teaming up for a brand new Pink Panther feature project.

Panther has the distinction of being known concept-wise for two things: telling the comical adventures of bumbling Inspector Clouseau and whose initial movie featured a case involving a jewel named the Pink Panther, and being a cartoon character who first appeared in the opening credits but proved so popular that he became the star of numerous cartoon series in the ensuing decades. (The movies were also known for being a showcase for the physical comedy of Peter Sellers and for the Oscar-winning jazzy Henry Mancini score.)

Even with remakes and reboots, the two concepts have never merged, until now. Sources tell The Hollywood Reporter that, while plot details are being kept in a vault, the story will focus on a smooth operating inspector who, thanks to a traumatic event, now has a pink panther for an imaginary friend. The latter, although he doesn’t speak, does help solve the case.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/new-pink-panther-movie-in-the-works-with-sonic-the-hedgehog-director-exclusive

Sonic wasn't the worst thing in the world and I loved the cartoon Pink Panther as a kid so going hopeful on this one!

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

There was already an inspector character in the cartoons so it's not really that radical of an idea.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

Tars Tarkas posted:

Pink Panther is back -- the cartoon? The inspector? BOTH!

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/new-pink-panther-movie-in-the-works-with-sonic-the-hedgehog-director-exclusive

Sonic wasn't the worst thing in the world and I loved the cartoon Pink Panther as a kid so going hopeful on this one!

oh snap, an animated character, but in the real world???? i'm first in line bro this is groundbreaking stuff

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

feedmyleg posted:

Don't think Ritchie is involved

I think it's still him. He was the one who said he wants to wait until the pandemic is under control or something.

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
*pink panther voice* We should look for clues... On Facebook! (cue mark zuckerberg cameo)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

The director of 10 Cloverfield Lane is going to direct yet another Predator movie, which will not have anything to do with the 2018 movie.

https://www.ign.com/articles/new-predator-movie-in-the-works-with-10-cloverfield-lane-director