Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Sucks. No chance at HOF now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
lol Mets

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Slimy Hog posted:

What's the estimate on how widespread PEDs are?

Depends on what you're talking about. Stuff like anabolic steroids or HGH get continuously randomly tested for inuding masking agents, so use of those is probably quite low. Drugs of abuse or amphetamines are only tested under probable cause though, so I'd wager that rate is much higher. Also while it's not quite PED's one of the things to come out of the Skaggs tragedy is that it was an open secret teams threw pills at their players if it meant they could play through minor injuries, so a not insignificant number of players are/were addicted to pain killers.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
If the Mets sign DJ I’ll inject the Chud Yankee fan talk radio/Twitter tears directly into my veins.

chilihead
Nov 5, 2010

Is this real life, or is this fantasy?

What? This is great for the Mets. Unless i'm mistaken, suspended players do not get paid.
Incoming huge 1 year contract offer for Baur.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

mcmagic posted:

Sucks. No chance at HOF now.

Pretty sure it was gone the first time he did it.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Canó is innocent

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Those 2020 resurgent numbers at the age of 37 make a lot more sense now. :v:

I read a while ago that drug tests were way down across the league this year because of COVID concerns, so maybe Cano figured there was a minuscule chance of him getting popped. Still not sure why he'd put so much money on the line to play better in a shortened season but :shrug:

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Sydin posted:

Depends on what you're talking about. Stuff like anabolic steroids or HGH get continuously randomly tested for inuding masking agents, so use of those is probably quite low. Drugs of abuse or amphetamines are only tested under probable cause though, so I'd wager that rate is much higher. Also while it's not quite PED's one of the things to come out of the Skaggs tragedy is that it was an open secret teams threw pills at their players if it meant they could play through minor injuries, so a not insignificant number of players are/were addicted to pain killers.

Yeah that all make sense, thanks! I said PEDs because I meant things like amphetamines and not HGH since I could see how useful they could be to a pro ball player and how easy it would be for a team doctor to just say "It's for his ADD"

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

davecrazy posted:

If the Mets sign DJ I’ll inject the Chud Yankee fan talk radio/Twitter tears directly into my veins.

gently caress off with this.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
Cano going from sure Hall of Famer to huge dipshit is a real turn. Jerry Dipoto conning the old Mets into taking his contract makes up for everything else.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

The Mets are probably thrilled they don't have to pay him this year.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

stanozolol Mets

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

davecrazy posted:

The Mets signing DJ because of this would be an amazing troll move but would also mean they continue to play half the roster out of position which would be very Mets.

(They should use the "found money" here to sign Springer.)

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Realistically you move McNeil to 2b and sign a legit CF to move Nimmo over to left.

Or move McNeil and throw Dom Smith out there and keep Nimmo where he is.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Qv25_DFR2k

George Brett: here's 3 minutes of telling y'all how many times I poo poo myself. BTW, who's pitching tonight?.

Why would you post this and not the musical version

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Lmao cano you idiot

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

https://twitter.com/ramonashelburne/status/1329212829354770436
Impeccable timing, right after the initial wave of championship swag spending is complete.

There are no good billionaires.

bawfuls fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Nov 19, 2020

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
The downward pressure on salaries will get so bad that "small market" teams will try to say they can't pay above league minimum for anybody and really they need to negotiate that down too.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
Those employees better all still get rings

idontpoast
Jul 10, 2020

by Athanatos
gently caress robinson cano. i gotta say im glad with this 2nd pop there is 0 chance in hell he ends up in the hall now, because his reputation will be not just a cheater but a lovely arrogant cheater.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

If teams are broke might I suggest they take advantage of amazing interest rates and procure a loan? Perhaps a side hustle or learning to code.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

Late to the party but

Anyway thanks for 2016 I'll watch those Blu-rays til they put me in the ground.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Another 4-5 years of rebuilding for the Cubs. Amazing how the Cubs, who are probably the 3rd richest team in the league, apparently can't afford to keep veterans around and have to dump them like we're Oakland.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Bird in a Blender posted:

Another 4-5 years of rebuilding for the Cubs. Amazing how the Cubs, who are probably the 3rd richest team in the league, apparently can't afford to keep veterans around and have to dump them like we're Oakland.
Look, those Republican PACs aren’t going to fund themselves.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Cohen is personally debunking Mets rumors

https://twitter.com/StevenACohen2/status/1329467119973634049?s=19

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
https://twitter.com/StevenACohen2/status/1329259849637621761

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

cautiously optimistic about rooting for the Mets now

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

A real owner would know we already have a bullpen cart.

https://twitter.com/gmbvw/status/1074756789604966400?s=21

davecrazy fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Nov 19, 2020

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Early days yet but I have hopes that Cohen will go full Ted Turner. League's been overdue a new Ted.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

elentar posted:

Early days yet but I have hopes that Cohen will go full Ted Turner. League's been overdue a new Ted.

I agree, he should definitely find a way to be the manager.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

elentar posted:

Which era/attitude of Ted?

- The enthusiastic but clueless owner
- Let's tank the Hawks so we can move them to Charlotte
- Hands off completely
- Deep pockets
- Vince, I'm in the rasslin' business

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

FlamingLiberal posted:

Look, those Republican PACs aren’t going to fund themselves.

They're taking a hit from Wrigleyville due to covid too. Thankfully, the chuds are working hard at removing the vulnerable among us.

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

What if Jerome Walton made me a champion?

RC and Moon Pie posted:

Which era/attitude of Ted?

- The enthusiastic but clueless owner
- Let's tank the Hawks so we can move them to Charlotte
- Hands off completely
- Deep pockets
- Vince, I'm in the rasslin' business

How about the "gently caress you Jobu. I do it myself" era, which lasted all of a day.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

https://twitter.com/ragazzoreport/status/1329472051116208129

For the love of God loving sign him.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I will laugh at the Yankees forever if they don't resign DJ. That would be a momentously stupid decision.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Kirios posted:

I will laugh at the Yankees forever if they don't resign DJ. That would be a momentously stupid decision.

I mean, if they acquire Lindor then it’s fine to let him walk. To let him walk without a plan would be pretty bad

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Bird in a Blender posted:

If the Cubs are feeling a pinch from the economy have they considered moving back in with their folks and maybe skipping the next expensive iPhone?

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Food $200
Data $150
Rent $800
Trump Re-Election PAC $500,000,000
Utility $150
someone who is good at the economy please help me budget this. my baseball team is dying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Sydin posted:

Food $200
Data $150
Rent $800
Trump Re-Election PAC $500,000,000
Utility $150
someone who is good at the economy please help me budget this. my baseball team is dying

needs to add "purchasing entirety of wrigleyville" and somehow, impossibly, making it worse