Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Probably everyone knows this already but if not get a weighted blanket they're comfy af.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Suxpool posted:

wet wipes ya goof

once or two rounds with regular tp for triage, then a wet wipe for the more delicate operation

Wet wipes are terrible for municipal sewage systems though, do not flush. Even the ones that say “flushable!”, it’s all lies!

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

priznat posted:

Wet wipes are terrible for municipal sewage systems though, do not flush. Even the ones that say “flushable!”, it’s all lies!

Americans have this weird aversion to wiping with anything and not throwing it into the toilet. I said use paper towels if you use 1/2 a roll per bathroom trip only because anyone suffering from moderate IBS regular toilet paper is not going to cut it; the most likely outcome is needing to both aggressively wipe and then take a shower afterwards to fully clean off.

Or, you know, just get a bidet.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
I think not wiping is a fash thing now?

Like, touching your rear end makes you gay or something?

:shrug:

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

pentyne posted:

Americans have this weird aversion to wiping with anything and not throwing it into the toilet. I said use paper towels if you use 1/2 a roll per bathroom trip only because anyone suffering from moderate IBS regular toilet paper is not going to cut it; the most likely outcome is needing to both aggressively wipe and then take a shower afterwards to fully clean off.

Or, you know, just get a bidet.

If anyone has issues with their butthole, holy poo poo you needed a bidet yesterday. It's life-changing, don't wait.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

You don't have to get a $200 bidet either . There are like $30 or $50 ones on Amazon that just connect to your toilets water supply. No power needed.

I have an issue with hemorrhoids and since getting my bidet about a year and a half ago I've not had any problems whatsoever. It has been quite literally life-changing.

Without a powered bidet that can dry your butt you may need like a square of toilet paper to dry yourself off, but you'll cut your toilet paper uses down by like 95%.

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

I'd love a bidet but I rent and have no idea if messing with the toilet is okay with the landlord.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
Where there’s a will, there’s bidet.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Lord Zedd-Repulsa posted:

I'd love a bidet but I rent and have no idea if messing with the toilet is okay with the landlord.

gently caress em

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

Aren't landlords required to give notice before entry? Just unscrew it and put it on top of the toilet before they come in if you are that worried. If they ask tell em its a bong and ask if they want a fat rip

number 1 snake fan
Jul 16, 2018

Y'all just throw the dang wet wipes in the trash, it's as easy as that

BasicLich
Oct 22, 2020

A very smart little mouse!
at my work we have some special receptacles for tampons and pads I don't see why you can't just use that for your goonwipes

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

do it. they just sit on or replace your toilet seat. you aren't actually permanently modifying anything. they're easy to take on/off. plus you can take it with you when you move.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

number 1 snake fan posted:

Y'all just throw the dang wet wipes in the trash, it's as easy as that

Gross

BasicLich
Oct 22, 2020

A very smart little mouse!

Xaris posted:

do it. they just sit on or replace your toilet seat. you aren't actually permanently modifying anything. they're easy to take on/off. plus you can take it with you when you move.

whats stage 2 there, though? do you air-dry the undercarriage?

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Picked up the $10 Costco jacket. Gonna be looking like a boss though in head to toe Costco.

I'm ashamed of it but it's exactly the kind of jacket I want. It might be my first Kirkland Signature outerwear.

And it's ten dollars Michael. A whole jacket for the cost of a banana.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Got a new pullover hoodie from Costco recently. Only a bit under $20 and Mom Approved! :D

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

After my whinging about costco being too busy I drove past after work and there were lots of places in the parking lot, and no line up so I went and it was great!

Spent almost $500 on just food/snacks and stuff like laundry soap, jaysus. How?!?

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

BasicLich posted:

You do the final dry with toilet paper

Why are bidets such arcane arts to so many people

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

BasicLich posted:

Most of them go under your toilet seats. You poop, it sprays your butt, there’s no more poop on your butt. You can sit there like a zen monk/psychopath to air dry for 30 minutes, or if it’s powered it can blow air on your butt to dry, or you use 1-2 squares to pat dry if it’s unpowered. If there’s any poop at all on the TP you didn’t bidet enough/properly.

For a treat, if your skills are powerful, you can get the bidet to spray up your butt and give yourself a light enema which is fantasstic.

Bidets are truly the simplest thing, and using TP alone is barbaric.

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

Pennywise the Frown posted:

This is exactly what I did. No panic buying for me. Any idiot could see what was going to happen if they just paid attention to the numbers for the past few months. I went last week because it was my regular time to restock paper products after 8 months or so. I hadn't been to Costco in maybe 2 months before then. My cupboards are completely full with pasta, rice, beans, soup, canned vegetables, fruit, ramen, etc etc etc.
Same. Only got caught on napkins, but that just meant getting slightly more expensive ones. But we're set for everything else.

Woodland Hills, CA's church is already out of the usual suspects, and as I shopped there myself for milk and eggs, I could hear people panicking as they spoke to each other or on their phones. And stop going in groups to the store, idiots! At least they all had masks on.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Doodles posted:

Same. Only got caught on napkins, but that just meant getting slightly more expensive ones. But we're set for everything else.

Woodland Hills, CA's church is already out of the usual suspects, and as I shopped there myself for milk and eggs, I could hear people panicking as they spoke to each other or on their phones. And stop going in groups to the store, idiots! At least they all had masks on.

That has been driving me nuts all year. Two parents and three kids all at the store. Some of you stay at home! Quit sending such a big net to catch Corona at the store.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Doodles posted:

I'm a millennial so I helped to destroy the napkin industry by just using paper towels and folding them.

number 1 snake fan
Jul 16, 2018

?????? A trash can with a lid will keep poop and tampon stank inside, sorry i don't contribute to fatbergs i guess lol

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Sounds like a use for a diaper genie! (ugh I hate that fuckin thing but..)

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

number 1 snake fan posted:

?????? A trash can with a lid will keep poop and tampon stank inside, sorry i don't contribute to fatbergs i guess lol

Hecka gross! I dont use wet wipes anyway

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
I decided to give it a shot and arrived a few minutes before opening this morning to find people already leaving with toilet paper. Got in line, grabbed a cart, and found the back wall floor-to-ceiling with toilet paper and paper towels. It was a good trip.

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255
For the first time ever my church had Bitchin Sauce. I bought a jar, I hope it lives up to the hype in this thread.
No TP to be found.

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
I want something good to die for...to make it beautiful to live

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Hecka gross! I dont use wet wipes anyway

why not ya goof

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Need a quick yes or no. Good or garbage.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

I was really impressed with the Dyson stick vacuum my buddy had and my wife was looking to replace our extremely tired Shark upright, so we went a-shoppin' last weekend. Turns out, the LG CordZero stick vacuum was on sale for $130 off, and its performance compares favorably with the Dyson so we went with that one.

Man, this thing fucks. Two batteries, one can remain in the charger on standby, it's light, powerful, attachments are a breeze to connect and disconnect...I can't believe I've been lugging around a heavy, corded vacuum like a caveman my entire life. Highly recommended.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Cartoon Man posted:

I don't know if those are more similar to the ones sold at aldi or trader joes. The aldi ones suck, the TJ's ones are good. The white chocolate ones don't look good, but the rest look good.

Mine GO BOOM
Apr 18, 2002
If it isn't broken, fix it till it is.

The Midniter posted:

Man, this thing fucks. Two batteries, one can remain in the charger on standby, it's light, powerful, attachments are a breeze to connect and disconnect...I can't believe I've been lugging around a heavy, corded vacuum like a caveman my entire life. Highly recommended.

We too got the LG one with two batteries. The first time we used it, we were emptying the bin every few minutes as it dredged up stuff our previous vacuum ignored. And the two batteries when running in normal mode can vacuum the whole place without a problem once we got over the first few days of dust/fur deep in carpets. I'd highly recommend it to anyone using a vacuum more than 10 years old.

Bonus: It is light enough (and the stick attachment adjustable enough) that our young kids can use it, and are excited about being allowed to use it.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Cartoon Man posted:

Went ahead and got these, will post a trip report next week when I open them on thanksgiving.

Also secured my Kirkland toilet paper they had half a pallet left!
:supaburn:

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I want a vacuum that has a roller brush that won’t get clogged with pet hair, does such a thing exist? I have an older dyson stick vacuum and I do a once over to try to get the fur first with just the nozzle but then the brush head still finds more fur and gets jammed up.

We have 2 dogs and a cat. It’s what has kept me from getting a robo vac because the fur will kill one of those in 5 minutes I bet.

Also I want those coated cookies so bad.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

priznat posted:

I want a vacuum that has a roller brush that won’t get clogged with pet hair, does such a thing exist? I have an older dyson stick vacuum and I do a once over to try to get the fur first with just the nozzle but then the brush head still finds more fur and gets jammed up.

We have 2 dogs and a cat. It’s what has kept me from getting a robo vac because the fur will kill one of those in 5 minutes I bet.

Also I want those coated cookies so bad.

I like my Shark.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

If you are serious about vacuuming, just spend a ton of money on a Miele canister bagged vac. It's seriously one of the best products I own. The powerbrush models are a lot more expensive but other vacuums just feel like lovely dustbusters to me now, the difference in suction and pickup is crazy.

Also, I finally witnessed the jamon yesterday. I thought my store didn't have any and then I turned around and saw a massive stack of them on a pallet. All I could think about was pulling off the world's greatest Jamon Jeist.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Suxpool posted:

why not ya goof

I can't flush em! ANd I don't like keeping poop paper in a bin next to me! You see the pickle I am in now. Thus the bidet idea.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

The Midniter posted:

I was really impressed with the Dyson stick vacuum my buddy had and my wife was looking to replace our extremely tired Shark upright, so we went a-shoppin' last weekend. Turns out, the LG CordZero stick vacuum was on sale for $130 off, and its performance compares favorably with the Dyson so we went with that one.

Thanks for mentioning this, I might get this for my mom. She still had an old canister vac, and I want to get her something thats weighs a lot less since there 2 stories and stairs in the house. No pets, so it doesn't need to be the most powerful vac really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Last chance for a thread hero to rise up and snag this bad boy on sale.

https://www.costco.com/.product.100311435.html?&EMID=B2C_2020_1119_HolidaySavingsEnds