Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lxmbfvycbv0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

V.rude to doxx my livestream!

:mad:

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Schadenboner posted:

V.rude to doxx my livestream!

:mad:

outlander

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Agile Vector posted:

agreedo. all elder scrolls games are best played by reaching the middle of the story, ignoring it for 80 hours, then batting away the end boss in an instant like the nerevarine you are

um this is the correct way to play every game.

do every side mission and rank everything up to the moon, then walk up to the end boss and use level 10 head exploder

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Weedle posted:

yeah i have one of these and it's very good. basically a snes controller with dualshock sticks, triggers and grips. i use it on switch and pc

why is there no good wireless comptroller for the PS2 and Xboxbx

e: or the nitnedo Gmaeinceube

ee: that doesn't cost 40 000€ NOS

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

3D Megadoodoo posted:

e: or the nitnedo Gmaeinceube

wavebirds were pretty good weren't they

quote:

ee: that doesn't cost 40 000€ NOS

because it's been out of production for more than a decade

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
gamecube controller is the best controller

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

haveblue posted:

wavebirds were pretty good weren't they

because it's been out of production for more than a decade

that doesn't answer the question "why isn't someone making new ones".

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Roosevelt posted:

i always play a meathead fighter in these games, so i used the one that makes you attack faster. the one that forces dragons to land is very good. i don't think it was all that useful, but the one that summons The Lost Vikings to fight for you is pretty fun
i played a sneak archer with smithing, alchemy and enchanting so i bootstrapped myself into being able to paralyze dragons 30% of the time each shot which forces them to land. getting the shout to make then land is a plot point but i absolutely didn’t need it to deal with them lol

i feel like i didn’t really sample most of what the game could offer but i do feel i got some of the best parts

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

SmokaDustbowl posted:

gamecube controller is the best controller

when i went back to gamecube games after idk 5 years i was amaged at how small it was. luckily i have short fingers because i'm a loving monstrous freak

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

3D Megadoodoo posted:

that doesn't answer the question "why isn't someone making new ones".

because nobody gives a poo poo

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Sagebrush posted:

because nobody gives a poo poo

i thought gamecube controllers were really popular for playing smashmouth

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

3D Megadoodoo posted:

when i went back to gamecube games after idk 5 years i was amaged at how small it was. luckily i have short fingers because i'm a loving monstrous freak

it fits my hands perfectly lol

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
there aren't enough gamecube purist smash weirds to cater to, most of them eventually moved to later consoles. even if there were they'd probably insist on wired controllers

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

SmokaDustbowl posted:

it fits my hands perfectly lol

but enough about bongs

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

haveblue posted:

there aren't enough gamecube purist smash weirds to cater to, most of them eventually moved to later consoles. even if there were they'd probably insist on wired controllers
nintendo literally makes a usb adapter to use gamecube controllers on switch and continues to make and sell wired gamecube controllers specifically for these people

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

attempted to purchase a ps5 for someone as a gift online and man that's some wasted effort

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Share Bear posted:

attempted to purchase a ps5 for someone as a gift online and man that's some wasted effort

lol yeah

if it’s a must have, call around to all the b&m stores then mask up or do curbside if you can manage to find one

The Fool fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Nov 19, 2020

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

nvidia said today that they expect the 3000 series stock issues (which they continue to characterize as demand problems, you guys, it's totally normal to only ship like 100 cards a week worldwide) to continue for at least another few months

my 1060 is still doing ok for now but lomarf @ the people who panic-sold their 2080s when nvidia announced the 3080s. gg

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Share Bear posted:

I'm not going to bother trying until after christmas

The Fool posted:

if it’s a must have, call around to all the b&m stores then mask or do curbside if you can manage to find one
in the us they're literally not shipping them to stores, they're just telling people to buy them online

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Endless Mike posted:

nintendo literally makes a usb adapter to use gamecube controllers on switch and continues to make and sell wired gamecube controllers specifically for these people

oh i just realized it's probably some WIRELESS IS LAG bullshit

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
fighting games is almost the lowest latency conscious things that human beings can do

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

iäve never fought a game

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

i happened to be looking at twitter when @wario64 tweeted that amazon had ps5s, so i clicked through and got a ps5 two days later

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

qirex posted:

in the us they're literally not shipping them to stores, they're just telling people to buy them online

didn’t know that, funny

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

i was previously planning on waiting for a bundle or w/e to show up at costco but only recently realized that they probably won’t carry the digital-only ps5

so, yeah, after christmas maybe

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

bob dobbs is dead posted:

fighting games is almost the lowest latency conscious things that human beings can do

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kgDiBL4LLs

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2018...hl-mlb-and-sf5/

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

according to that blurb of an article the fastest reaction speed is hockey goalies, which makes sense :canada:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
the average blink takes just under half a second? where did that number come from

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

What is "reaction time". Some piano pieces require the player to play faster than WAY FAST.

e: Or rather require their hands and fingers to move faster than WAY FAST.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

3D Megadoodoo posted:

What is "reaction time". Some piano pieces require the player to play faster than WAY FAST.

e: Or rather require their hands and fingers to move faster than WAY FAST.
those are all planned movements though

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
*railguns u*

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

jesus WEP posted:

those are all planned movements though

the guy was planning to grab the tennis ball

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

3D Megadoodoo posted:

it's not a memorized sequence, though.

TimWinter
Mar 30, 2015

https://timsthebomb.com

bob dobbs is dead posted:

well, except in the case of nintendo online

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

3D Megadoodoo posted:

NyetscapeNavigator
Sep 22, 2003

reminds me it's been awhile since I jammed to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPxvTd_jCPQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NyetscapeNavigator