Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Bifauxnen posted:

Yeah no. The claim adds up.

Since I can corroborate your role claim (I got 1 shot tracking) I'm willing to lay off Yami if you think it's right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

So who's the goofball that killed chaos and why are they Freya?

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

CapitalistPig posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bwqVJYSHgM

Referee - Dr. Tot - Town aligned Rolecop was killed on night 2!

You are Doctor Tot

https://finalfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Doctor_Tot

You are town aligned and win when you eliminate all threats to town.

You are a Rolecop and may target a person at night to learn their role.

Interesting that we have a flipped town rolecop in addition to a Blue Mage, who is a pseudo role-cop.
Now that I think about it, Sal's use of the power yesterday, offensively, to try and throw shade seems like a scummy use as well.
And a reason why Bif was not killed yesterday is because scum wanted to steal her power first and did the maths and Bif wasn't suspicious of any of them, so they let her survive another night.

##vote Sal

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Also cool, I got copped :)

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Yami Fenrir posted:

Have you ever considered that maybe you were just roleblocked?

I had considered that, it would surprise me that out of 23 people alive, that I, low content, low involvement poster, notoriously bad at this game, would be the one picked to be role blocked.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

SalTheBard posted:

I had considered that, it would surprise me that out of 23 people alive, that I, low content, low involvement poster, notoriously bad at this game, would be the one picked to be role blocked.

Yeah but you claimed a power role right?

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

CCKeane posted:

Yeah but you claimed a power role right?

He claimed it d2 after he theoretically got stopped from doing his bizness N1. Right?

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven
Sal and yami targeted bif and she isnt dead so that's good enough for me for now.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
Do we think there are 2 scum teams or 1 sizable team and 3ps

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

CCKeane posted:

So who's the goofball that killed chaos and why are they Freya?

Uh, is this some kind of claim about something you know? I think you better come out with it instead of just doing infuriating hint-hints.

##vote Keane

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Idle Amalgam posted:

Do we think there are 2 scum teams or 1 sizable team and 3ps

No fire kill last night, no drain kill last night. I wonder if each scum killer has a different flavor, or if flavor is unrelated.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Bifauxnen posted:

That makes it worse!!

##vote Ceyton

IP and Keane and Sal need to get some heat tomorrow (yeah yeah I see you voted now but you should'nt have to be prodded this close, unless Ceyton flips scum now I do not like it)

Also Squiggly and Steak but to a lesser extent since they aren't visibly recently around (or was Squiggly around recently, no time to check)

Oh hey I'm looking back at this and maybe I was being rough on IP, since even if he was annoyingly not revoting till really last minute, he was at least showing himself as around to be held accountable for that.

But I'm still feeling real suspicious like maybe there was a scum somewhere in our selection of lurkers yesterday, (Taste or Gumball or DGK or Jammiez) and some of these non-voting folks (Keane, Sal, Squiggly, Steak) were lying low so we'd just stick with the Ceyton push out of inertia, and they wouldn't appear to be trying to actually influence anything either way.

Squiggly sure didn't impress me with his only showing up at the literal last minute to hammer, not dropping any more opinions of his own during many of the final hours. But that would draw a bit more attention his way... and Sal might be ok with his blue magic thing, and Steak is gonna have to get dragged back to the game kicking and screaming apparently so for now it's time to grill Keane first.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Bifauxnen posted:

Uh, is this some kind of claim about something you know? I think you better come out with it instead of just doing infuriating hint-hints.

##vote Keane

Who else would have a spear, jeez ya big goofball.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

CCKeane posted:

Who else would have a spear, jeez ya big goofball.

Ah. That is a decent flavor guess actually, and I can't think of a decent alternative, no. Seems real odd to think that a town vig would pick chaoslord though.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Bifauxnen posted:

Ah. That is a decent flavor guess actually, and I can't think of a decent alternative, no. Seems real odd to think that a town vig would pick chaoslord though.

It does, doesn't it?

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Bifauxnen posted:

If it's Freya, bet they had to pick the target N1 and the kill only went off on N2. Dragoons get some serious air time.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

apostateCourier posted:

If it's Freya, bet they had to pick the target N1 and the kill only went off on N2. Dragoons get some serious air time.

lmao that is some brilliant setup spec if it's not just you

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Steak didn’t post at all d2 yeah?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Bifauxnen posted:

Did chaos lord end up claiming doctor and I missed it?

He definitely had momentum as a scum pick for a bit yesterday but I would think a town vig would have shot taste after the end of the day so yeah

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

apostateCourier posted:

Oh lol that would be great

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

apostateCourier posted:

Do you think this is a useful thing to say? I don't think giving somebody a ready made excuse for why they picked chaos (day one finished very different than day two wrt chaos) is wise.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I'm still trying to figure out if Sal's up to something fishy though too... This was D2...

SalTheBard posted:

Hey Yami did anything happen to you last night?

SalTheBard posted:

I'm a Blue Mage so I can copy abilities and use the following night. I figured if I could copy Yami's ability it might be a form of "soft copping" but instead I got a message saying my action failed. I'm trying to figure out if Yami got jailed or something or if they just don't have a night action I can copy.

Yami's claiming a successful N1 action: handing out the cop thingo AC claims she got. So Yami and AC wouldn't have been jailed. Sal could've been. Or he could've just been roleblocked.

SalTheBard posted:

I copied your ability. I'm more interested in how Yami visited you when I wasn't able to copy their ability N1 but I got yours just fine.

It feels kinda dodgy to me how Sal's pushing "I wasn't able to copy their ability" like that's something suspicious, when there were so many possibilities. Sal had mentioned oneshots earlier on D2, before anyone claimed one...

SalTheBard posted:

I guess I hadn't thought about it from that perspective. I would find a vanilla character very unusual unless they have some sort of 1 shot ability that I couldn't copy.

Is that something spelled out in your role as you not being able to copy those, Sal?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Bifauxnen posted:

I'm still trying to figure out if Sal's up to something fishy though too... This was D2...

Yami's claiming a successful N1 action: handing out the cop thingo AC claims she got. So Yami and AC wouldn't have been jailed. Sal could've been. Or he could've just been roleblocked.

It feels kinda dodgy to me how Sal's pushing "I wasn't able to copy their ability" like that's something suspicious, when there were so many possibilities. Sal had mentioned oneshots earlier on D2, before anyone claimed one...

Is that something spelled out in your role as you not being able to copy those, Sal?

Hmmm yeah I kind of agree, Sal not considering how his power would work on vanillas and rushing into “can’t copy Yami” over other obvious reasons doesn’t ring true, especially as it doesn’t seem very complex. Also agree with the point that a flipped rolecop makes role copier a bit less likely as a town role

Sals posting overall also isn’t particularly compelling

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

CCKeane posted:

Do you think this is a useful thing to say? I don't think giving somebody a ready made excuse for why they picked chaos (day one finished very different than day two wrt chaos) is wise.

Not necessarily useful but I main dragoon in ffxiv and freya is my favorite from ff9 so ima have dragoon thoughts

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

tbh I am 99% sure about the town vig being freya at least for not entirely rational reasons, mostly because while I think it makes total sense I cannot read cpig's mind.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Under that assumption that the spear kill was a vig, following this logic the killer would be town and it matters not at all that I'm speculating.

if I'm wrong and the kill flavor means nothing, whoops but idk I don't think they'll speak up anyway if they can do it again

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Hmm. Asking me if I think it's useful rather than calling me scum makes me think that Keane thinks I'm town. It also makes me wonder why they would ask then. Hm.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Hey keane did that hot and cold stuff mean anything or was it bullshit

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

kinda getting a bad feeling from Bif, but this could just be because multiple people self-voted yesterday due to me having the audacity to ask people to play the game

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

##vote taste

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Stay hatin bitch!!!

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

t a s t e posted:

Stay hatin bitch!!!

lmao

So seeing as you were a candidate yesterday and you voted for yourself, do you have any opinions or anything?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

If it’s me or hal it’s Hal

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

t a s t e posted:

Stay hatin bitch!!!

Hal does this qualify as "showing up when pressured"?

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

So, Just to clarify, between sal, Yami andbif one of them is lying, correct? Otherwise the trio of actions wouldn’t make sense, and IP was too specific to be lying.

In that case, based on their testimonies Yami is the least scummy, I think bif is town bif, so process of elimination

##vote Sal

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Pressure implies that you’re more Popeye than olive oyl

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

t a s t e posted:

Pressure implies that you’re more Popeye than olive oyl

TIL it's actually spelt Olive Oyl

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010