Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Maybe it can be pushed around on that floor? I wouldn't think so, but they don't look grooved to cradle the tires so it's all I've got.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Number_6 posted:

What's the benefit of parking on wood planks instead of the concrete?

So they don't gently caress up their lovely garage floor coating anymore

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Coating is a generous word for cheap paint

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

slidebite posted:

Coating is a generous word for cheap paint
Yep. They've used Thread-Plex instead of epoxy. Saved a whopping $200. It was never designed for heavy traffic or garages, but people do it anyway.

i own every Bionicle
Oct 23, 2005

cstm ttle? kthxbye

Nebakenezzer posted:

Post the most overpriced Monte Carlo "collector editions" U got

I’d love to see one of those on BaT to see what they actually go for...I’m sure somebody wants one, but I can’t imagine who or how much they’d pay. I mean there has probably never been a more legendary driver and race car based on a more unlegendary production car.

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

i own every Bionicle posted:

I’d love to see one of those on BaT to see what they actually go for...I’m sure somebody wants one, but I can’t imagine who or how much they’d pay. I mean there has probably never been a more legendary driver and race car based on a more unlegendary production car.

Me too. I feel like the people who think they have a collector's item are 100% people who already own "special edition" Monte Carlos

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
A friend of mine in HS got one of those from his parents (both of them worked at GM) for his 16th birthday, the yellow looks better than the black IMO. Fun car but it's still a early 00s GM product so the interior is just complete garbage

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Nebakenezzer posted:

Post the most overpriced Monte Carlo "collector editions" U got

My uncle has or had one of those. He won it in a radio contest, along with a suite for a race at the Texas Motorplex, and a helicopter ride to and from the race. I'm not sure he still has it, but he was taking care of it. I preferred the tubbed '68 Road Runner drag car he had back in the day. Wish he'd kept it. I imagine he does, too...

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
those monte carlos were fwd too right? lmao just trash

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

BraveUlysses posted:

those monte carlos were fwd too right? lmao just trash

Yeah, the torque steer off the line when you floored it was awful

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I kinda wanna experience what 323 lb-ft of torque steer feels like, it must be a thing. The last year of that style ss had 303 of fwd hp.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
Did the V8 version come out after this one? Seems kind of dumb if you have "the INTIMIDATOR" and it doesn't even have the biggest motor.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
My mom had an '03 Bonneville with the supercharged 3800 and the torque steer was hilarious.

I don't think the LS4 made it in to any of the Special Edition Montes - Dale, Tony Stewart, or otherwise.

i own every Bionicle
Oct 23, 2005

cstm ttle? kthxbye

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

My mom had an '03 Bonneville with the supercharged 3800 and the torque steer was hilarious.

I don't think the LS4 made it in to any of the Special Edition Montes - Dale, Tony Stewart, or otherwise.

A friend in high school also had one (well, his mom did) and we managed to toggle the steering knuckle and get it stuck doing reverse donuts

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Right Hand Drive 1997 Honda crv
$10,000.00

Description

Right hand drive crv. Great shape used for delivering mail. Retired so no longer need it. Well maintained 2nd parts one available also. Asking 10400 obo for both

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Nebakenezzer posted:

$10,000.00

Description

Right hand drive crv. Great shape used for delivering mail. Retired so no longer need it. Well maintained 2nd parts one available also. Asking 10400 obo for both

Dang give me 10 grand and I can get you a fantastic RHD CR-V with less miles and in perfect shape

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Nebakenezzer posted:

$10,000.00

Description

Crack Pipe right there

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
My postal carrier also drives a CR-V; he sits in the RH seat and reaches across to the wheel and pedals on the left :shrug:

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Dagen H posted:

My postal carrier also drives a CR-V; he sits in the RH seat and reaches across to the wheel and pedals on the left :shrug:

Mine used to just drive the wrong way down the highway. Not sure which is worse.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Driving the wrong way is illegal, so definitely that one.

That's actually a big pet peeve of mine, as I live in the country on a winding 55mph rural road and it's very common for people to check their mail by pulling the wrong way up to their mailbox. Very nice to come around a blind corner and find you're facing a car halfway in your lane with traffic also oncoming.

Pull into your driveway, get your fat rear end out and walk to the mailbox.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Nebakenezzer posted:

$10,000.00

Description

Yeah, if there are easy miles for a vehicle it is one that delivers mail.

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

If I'm posting too many ads just let me know; right now I've been surfing car ads and the people in my RL space are not into cars.

Opinions, gentlemen: is this thing a latter-day geo metro? The curb weight might match it, reportedly 948 kg

quote:

2004 Toyota Echo
$4,000.00

[

2004 Toyota Echo 2dr hatchback standard transmission. 160,xxx kms. New exhaust from manifold to back. New clutch. New l/r wheel cylinder bearing and sensor. Rockers done last year. Brakes and rotors good. Good winter tires on her. Comes with 2 New wheel bearings. Car is in excellent condition for the year. Great on gas. Must see to appreciate!

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
I'm gonna defend the Monte Carlo (not that price of course) because I had a 2001 with the 3400 for ten and a half years and loved it. Sure it wasn't super fast, but it was a huge barge that fit so much work gear that it prevented me from having to own an SUV and the beltline back then was low enough you could actually hang your arm out the window and cruise. I mean, I wouldn't want it back NOW but at the time and for a decade it suited my needs pretty well. Although I did have a used Corvette for actual fun driving.

Also the idiots who renovated this house did that same lovely paint on concrete in the garage so my garage floor looks way worse than that dude's.

Edit: also also I learned to drive on my dad's '88 Mustang LX 5.0 convertible so I love that.

davebo fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Nov 8, 2020

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Nebakenezzer posted:

If I'm posting too many ads just let me know; right now I've been surfing car ads and the people in my RL space are not into cars.

Opinions, gentlemen: is this thing a latter-day geo metro? The curb weight might match it, reportedly 948 kg
Yeah probably, the echo/Yaris is a pretty good little shitbox, but 4 grand is insane even for a good condition one.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/455334661982617/

More images: https://imgur.com/a/m1xGsEG

:stare:

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Always a fiero.

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

Is that structural diamond plate?

Dear god.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Krakkles posted:

Is that structural diamond plate?

Dear god.

"decorative" is the word you're looking for

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Hot take: the worst part is the wheels

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Dang. Looks like someone beat me to a Fiero-kart.

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

Imperador do Brasil posted:

Hot take: the worst part is the wheels

I'd say tires.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
pretty sure the worst part is if you don't die from the roll cage being glued in place you and the seat will just go flying through the air.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Elephanthead posted:

pretty sure the worst part is if you don't die from the roll cage being glued in place you and the seat will just go flying through the air.
I always enjoy seeing ads where a car is advertised with a full roll cage and upon closer inspection it’s just PVC pipe.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Mr. Apollo posted:

I always enjoy seeing ads where a car is advertised with a full roll cage and upon closer inspection it’s just PVC pipe.

Thats so that the pipe will break upon impact with your head, rather than your skull!

Safety first.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

wesleywillis posted:

Safety first third.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

2010 Cayman for $36k not a bad price

Hmm, scrolling through pics and HOLD UP

Is that a loving sequential gearbox???

It's listed as a manual so maybe?

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Unlikely sequential, just an aftermarket similar to CAE and others for a race style shifter.
http://www.hardmotorsport.com/cae-ultra-shifter-porsche-996-997-cayman-and-boxsters/

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Why would you not put the stock shifter back in it before listing it for sale? You're scaring away more people than you would possibly attract.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

NitroSpazzz posted:

Unlikely sequential, just an aftermarket similar to CAE and others for a race style shifter.
http://www.hardmotorsport.com/cae-ultra-shifter-porsche-996-997-cayman-and-boxsters/

That Cayman has probably head a hard life then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

slidebite posted:

Why would you not put the stock shifter back in it before listing it for sale? You're scaring away more people than you would possibly attract.
The person who thought that shifter was a good idea in the first place doesn't understand that.