Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

t a s t e posted:

for further instance W.A.P. was originally about italians but needed changing

that's wop m8 and also someone ban this sick filth for this Italian racism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

cined mod fuming

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven
Lmao wtf

##vote taste

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Anyway back to the vote mines, time to mine a vote.

##vote: DGK

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

DGK2000 posted:

##vote DGK gently caress it lets do it

I agree with the content of this post, from DGK.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

t a s t e posted:

cined mod fuming

wow this has me fuckin' dying what an obscure reference ahahaha

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Bifauxnen posted:

Is that something spelled out in your role as you not being able to copy those, Sal?

No not at all. I guess it's totally possible I was role blocked, I'm working from the assumption that with 23 people left on N1 that I wasn't a particularly compelling target (as I said earlier). I think based off of what Yami and AC are saying it's totally possible that I was jailed or blocked so I'm not going to put gospel in my N1 results.

My role PM says nothing about 1 shot abilities it just says "you can copy that ability". I was working from assumption that if they had some kind of 1 shot ability that I wouldn't be able to copy those.

In fact I'm wondering if I have the option to use your track or if I can try to copy someone else.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

CCKeane posted:

I learned something today, I came in all set to be very accusatory of Keane's weird vote formatting, only to find out that votefinder accepts it.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Idle Amalgam posted:

Lmao wtf

##vote taste

Hey man why did you say it was me or Hal yesterday

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

CCKeane posted:

hey, hot or cold, was it a thing or was it bullshit

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

apostateCourier posted:

hey, hot or cold, was it a thing or was it bullshit

My heart holds many secrets.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

sandnavyguy posted:

So, Just to clarify, between sal, Yami andbif one of them is lying, correct? Otherwise the trio of actions wouldn’t make sense, and IP was too specific to be lying.

In that case, based on their testimonies Yami is the least scummy, I think bif is town bif, so process of elimination

##vote Sal

Huh what

Sal could still be scum even if he's not lying
Hell even Yami could theoretically be some kinda scumventor who really craves townie cred

I don't like this leap, starting to feel iffy about SNG but maybe I can ignore it cause here comes Sal all:

SalTheBard posted:

No not at all. I guess it's totally possible I was role blocked, I'm working from the assumption that with 23 people left on N1 that I wasn't a particularly compelling target (as I said earlier). I think based off of what Yami and AC are saying it's totally possible that I was jailed or blocked so I'm not going to put gospel in my N1 results.

My role PM says nothing about 1 shot abilities it just says "you can copy that ability". I was working from assumption that if they had some kind of 1 shot ability that I wouldn't be able to copy those.

In fact I'm wondering if I have the option to use your track or if I can try to copy someone else.

Hmm Sal not having the presence if mind to think of roleblocks and jails, but having presence of mind to think of mentioning oneshots as something he maybe couldn't copy, in the context of a vanilla specifically having a oneshot he couldn't copy, which turns out to be a thing that is possible in this game, seems like he might've slipped too much knowledge or at the very least is working some real weird kinda thought process.

##vote Sal

SalTheBard posted:

So there are no conditions or limits mentioned in your power at all, not even something like "if you successfully use this on someone at night, you can copy that ability if it is eligible"? And yet your mind jumped there anyway?

Could anyone else consider speaking up if they got blocked last night? Could help put the block vs jail puzzle together too.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Sandwolf posted:

kinda getting a bad feeling from Bif, but this could just be because multiple people self-voted yesterday due to me having the audacity to ask people to play the game

Oh btw this kinda post makes me feel less of the "Sandwolf is making sense so maybe he's actually scum" paranoia, but I would still enjoy hearing the logical connection explained

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

You were there at EOD making sure a lunch happened, and you seemed slightly more desperate to make it happen.

And I’m pretty much just taking my foot of the gas. I tried to get the lurkers to post, half of them had fits and self-voted. I try to protect the obviously VT newbie, you guys just let the scum push it through anyways.

If the lurkers are townie, then town are asleep at the wheel anyways.

Also where the gently caress is steak

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Ah that'll do

Also yeah

Sandwolf posted:

where the gently caress is steak

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven

t a s t e posted:

Hey man why did you say it was me or Hal yesterday

I didn't though, you gotta go back and re-read.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Sandwolf posted:

You were there at EOD making sure a lunch happened, and you seemed slightly more desperate to make it happen.

And I’m pretty much just taking my foot of the gas. I tried to get the lurkers to post, half of them had fits and self-voted. I try to protect the obviously VT newbie, you guys just let the scum push it through anyways.

If the lurkers are townie, then town are asleep at the wheel anyways.

Also where the gently caress is steak

Only Chaos and DGK had a self vote iirc, and DGK's is pretty fake looking c'mon.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

CCKeane posted:

Only Chaos and DGK had a self vote iirc, and DGK's is pretty fake looking c'mon.

taste

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Idle Amalgam posted:

I will say... Ceyton not getting dunked hard sooner if that's the call of the night does lend itself to scum avoiding dunking him, but again, I don't really get scumfeel from ceyton.

hedging

Idle Amalgam posted:

That's fair. I made a leap in logic.

I still think dgk is a good candidate outside of that.

I think my scum picks are pretty hot actually.

Idle Amalgam posted:

##vote grandi

I probably won't vote cotton or gumball. I think both have ok posts.

##vote IA This "I still think dgk is a good candidate outside of that" with no reasoning given with a next post discussionless switch to grandi? doooooooooon't like it

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

t a s t e posted:

[quote="Bifauxnen" post="510049488"]
Bleh looks like Grandi won't get anywhere but lunching someone more lurky is fine.

##vote Taste
[/quote

This one?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Idle Amalgam posted:

I didn't though, you gotta go back and re-read.

God forbid you take the ten seconds to clarify!

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

CCKeane posted:

This one?

It was a conscious decision, he never moved his vote the rest of the day

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

yeah I’d vote Keane today

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

So my theory, at least with DGK, is that he saw how folks backed off of Chaoslord after his self vote, and tried the same schtick.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

CCKeane posted:

So my theory, at least with DGK, is that he saw how folks backed off of Chaoslord after his self vote, and tried the same schtick.

yeah but now factor in the taste self vote

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Sandwolf posted:

Which is the first, I believe

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Sandwolf posted:

I'd buy it I guess.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

CCKeane posted:

I'd buy it I guess.

what do you mean by you’d buy it

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Sandwolf posted:

what do you mean by you’d buy it

If pressed, I could reluctantly apply my thinking on self votes as fake to taste, but I really don't have as good a feel on that one as I do with DGK.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

okay feel a bit better on Keane when I went back and saw he was mostly making these posts yesterday too.

I’d like to lunch someone who was on the Ceyton lunch yesterday, preferably late. Bif, Squiggly, AC, IP - I’d be happy to do any of these

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Man it's annoying when my pool of people who look sus are all sussing out each other

I agree with Keane that DGK looks sus but also think Keane himself looks sus, and don't like how he ignores Taste, who is also sus. Then Gumball gets into the equation somehow and no one seems to be talking about IA hardly at all, it's just a big ol mess so hope this Sal thing pans out

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Sandwolf posted:

okay feel a bit better on Keane when I went back and saw he was mostly making these posts yesterday too.

I’d like to lunch someone who was on the Ceyton lunch yesterday, preferably late. Bif, Squiggly, AC, IP - I’d be happy to do any of these

But you are not voting for any of these people.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Sandwolf posted:

Wtf dude I was one of the few people actually invested in trying to get something else to happen yesterday, even if it only got us one more "this person got pressured for a while" event to the day before we went back to Ceyton. You share the same frustration at fuckall happening.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

CCKeane posted:

But you are not voting for any of these people.

look at yesterday and you’ll see that means close to nothing. I think taste dodged the noose yesterday. So many people came by to make comments on DGK or chaos or Ceyton but literally no one was commenting on taste.

There was momentum for chaos, momentum for Ceyton, but never any momentum for taste - that’s enough for me right now

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Oh yeah forgot to mention Squiggly in that last post, his only popping up to hammer made me pretty annoyed

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Bifauxnen posted:

Wtf dude I was one of the few people actually invested in trying to get something else to happen yesterday, even if it only got us one more "this person got pressured for a while" event to the day before we went back to Ceyton. You share the same frustration at fuckall happening.

Yeah but you seemed very flippant about going between taste or Ceyton, like I said, to secure a lunch. I honestly think I would have let a NL happen than lunch a newbie for a VT claim. I’m trying to figure this game out still so don’t get angry at me for considering different angles, at least I’m talking.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Bifauxnen posted:

Don't blame me, I was unconscious.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Sandwolf posted:

Yeah but you seemed very flippant about going between taste or Ceyton, like I said, to secure a lunch. I honestly think I would have let a NL happen than lunch a newbie for a VT claim. I’m trying to figure this game out still so don’t get angry at me for considering different angles, at least I’m talking.

Nah not angry just like whaaaaat

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Bifauxnen posted:

Nah not angry just like whaaaaat

It really wouldn’t surprise me if some active posters were scum, I can’t imagine a whole team of scum is actively lurking. I’d proffer that at least one or two of them are posting somewhat frequently, so, I can see you hiding in plain sight and looking townie by sheer function of caring, even though caring isn’t necessarily a townie thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
Rereading stuff rn, I just noticed that Steak has literally not been posting for like... 3 RL days soon?

And still has more posts than some other players.

Can we lunch the mod for not including a lurker rule?