Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

He still owes blondie "one in the dome" (as the kids say these days).

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Schadenboner posted:

He still owes blondie "one in the dome" (as the kids say these days).

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

the kids do not say that, and have never said that

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

:peanut:

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

i though everyone making supernatural got tired of it or tried to leave several seasons ago so this sounds about what id expect from a shambling corpse of a show

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Agile Vector posted:

i though everyone making supernatural got tired of it or tried to leave several seasons ago so this sounds about what id expect from a shambling corpse of a show

i just tried imagining a simpsons finale lol

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

I used to watch supernatural a while ago, but I got tired of it around season 5 and thought it only had 1 or 2 more seasons of life left in it at the time.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

are walking dead and uh fear of same still going? i dropped them a couple years ago

i was also gonna drop out of game of thrones after s7 cause it felt increasingly haphazard and wheel-spinning, but then they said s8 was the last one so i stuck it out for closure
:negative:

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
game of thrones is the worst series to rewatch because you already know a bunch of horrible stuff is gonna happen and everyone you like will die

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

tbh i have never considered rewatching got

im p sure i havent even drunkenly looked up scenes on youtube like i might with other series

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
supernatural needed to end like nine years ago. I’m a masochist so I watched this season. the cowards went and literally made the angel gay for dean in the final episodes to force some kind of awkward emotional moment. I found it pretty distasteful to be honest, like how terf Rowling ex post facto’d gay dumbledore

I stopped watching twd after it became argument farm

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

NoneMoreNegative posted:

I only every watched S01E01 but apparently Supernatural has finally come to a close after fifteen seasons :prepop:

There's a few fandom blogs a couple reblogs distant from my usual follows and it seems the hardcore fans are not best pleased with how things have been tied up :o:

the only episode i ever watched was the finale last night. my partner had watched every one of them from the beginning and she cried at the ending.

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

Carthag Tuek posted:

i just tried imagining a simpsons finale lol

“they’ll never stop the simpsons” becomes more of a threat every year

to the point that Hertzfeldt’s couch gag is over half a decade old lol

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

PCjr sidecar posted:

“they’ll never stop the simpsons” becomes more of a threat every year

to the point that Hertzfeldt’s couch gag is over half a decade old lol

haha wow, i hadnt seen that

tbh i dont think ive seen any from post-2000 simpsons except for cameo couch-gags that someone tells me about

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Just watched Rejected again and remembered David Oreilly's "The External World" which has the same things are falling apart / becoming incoherent / intermingling scenes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxPyN6IK1tM

e: I guess you have to click through and watch it on youtube

e2: theres a ton of edge in it, so tw for literally everything

Carthag Tuek fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Nov 20, 2020

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

I clung on to watching The Simpsons' treehouse of horror episodes for a few years until I realized that I could get my sci-fi Simpsons fix from Futurama.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Silver Alicorn posted:

game of thrones is the worst series to rewatch because you already know a bunch of horrible stuff is gonna happen and everyone you like will die

and the end sucks and the acting seems to get progressively worse

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

i can't believe the cops didn't reopen the kurt cobain case after this evidence came to light

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

is that gif from the Tom cruise Jayme fox movie?

I remember enjoying that

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

I was a huge fan of the got books in 2000-ish

I stopped reading at dance with dragons, didn’t even finish it

couldn’t get through the first season of the show

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

The Fool posted:

is that gif from the Tom cruise Jayme fox movie?

I remember enjoying that

Yeah Collateral it was a good movie, Cruise doesn't often play a bad guy but he was on point here.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

I clung on to watching The Simpsons' treehouse of horror episodes for a few years until I realized that I could get my sci-fi Simpsons fix from Futurama.
I hadn't watched new Simpsons for a few years and tuned in to see this year's TOH. man they all just sound tired

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Chris Knight posted:

I hadn't watched new Simpsons for a few years and tuned in to see this year's TOH. man they all just sound tired

I always watch toh because I can’t not at this point but it’s true that most modern simpsons eps fail to get a laugh out of me.

I watched family guy for the first time in a while the other week and it was just a half hour of jokes about what losing a child does to your relationship and I honestly don’t get finding any of it funny

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

somehow against all reason american dad is as good as it’s ever been

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

yeah, american dad oddly works quite well and is the best of mcfarlane's oeuvre.

season 1 is pretty rough with the heavy-handed bush era stuff but it quickly found its own thing.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

i always felt it was because they didnt lean on 'remember that [thing] when [nostalgia]' jokes. with less of those the characters have to interact more and the scenes are smoother

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

qirex posted:

somehow against all reason american dad is as good as it’s ever been

so mediocre at best?

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Sagebrush posted:

yeah, american dad oddly works quite well and is the best of mcfarlane's oeuvre.

season 1 is pretty rough with the heavy-handed bush era stuff but it quickly found its own thing.
iirc it’s because they handed off the showrunning from mcfarlane to some other guys after the first couple seasons and just had him do the voice

it’s became a pretty good little show for what it was/is

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
American Dad is worse than Friends

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

indigi posted:

American Dad is worse than Friends

friends has a laugh track and so is worse than literally every show without one.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Sagebrush posted:

friends has a laugh track and so is worse than literally every show without one.

what about that honey boo boo show. that seems pretty bad

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Sagebrush posted:

the Fintstones was good :colbert:

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Sagebrush posted:

i was rewatching frasier and it's weird but you can get used to it again and tune it out

also goddamn do they slutshame roz like crazy

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Sagebrush posted:

the season of red dwarf without a laugh track turns the show from slapstick to sad. its kinda impressive how much it changes the tone

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Trabisnikof posted:

the season of red dwarf without a laugh track turns the show from slapstick to sad. its kinda impressive how much it changes the tone

The first few no-crowd episodes of shows like Last Week Tonight were jarring since the hosts still had that unconscious pause for laughter moment in their monologues.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
i keep forgetting that they're still currently producing more red dwarf and didn't stop after series x in 2012

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

i keep forgetting that they're still currently producing more red dwarf and didn't stop after series x in 2012

they are?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

fart simpson posted:

what about that honey boo boo show. that seems pretty bad

part of the tlc pantheon of reality shows with sex offender issues so yeah