Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

EDIT: she's trying to post through it

https://twitter.com/ZenMeoww/status/1329753422975946752

gradenko_2000 has issued a correction as of 16:43 on Nov 20, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

these woke sociopaths are far worse and more harmful than your garden variety chud

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

I hate this kind of disability rent seeking.

"What do you mean there's autistic people in the movie? I'm not in it!"

And in the last reply here, she's so close to getting it, but then woosh!

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

seems like the natural endpoint of that line of reasoning is that it’s wrong for actors to play anyone marginally different from themselves

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

seems like the natural endpoint of that line of reasoning is that it’s wrong for actors to play anyone marginally different from themselves

Yeah. It seems sometimes like some folks legitimately don't understand what acting is, and need it explained in terms of, like, Sir Ian McKellen from Extras

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyoWmkhRyp8

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 18 days!)

idk who that is but i assume she's rich and my default is "rich people are trash"

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

the only thing i remember about zia is that she was the musical guest when trump did snl

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
https://twitter.com/TaylorLorenz/status/1329908240222625792

This poo poo is so weird

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

On one hand, entertainment studios should do their best at researching things like autism much like anything else to avoid giving negative misconceptions of it.

On the other hand, there were strange internet people such as the ones who wanted real cancer patients for actors in the movie adaption of The Fault In Our Stars

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

the vine mansions came and went already

we’re old now

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

The future

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

its very much a heart in the right place kind of situation that completely misses the fact that hollywood isnt actually a meritocracy and probably the whole reason it got funded was because maddie ziegler was in it

even if they succeeded autistic actors cast for wokeness arent breaking any barriers except for the top fraction of a percent that score corporate sponsorship

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

hows that animaniacs reboot

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

Bootleg Trunks posted:

hows that animaniacs reboot

I’m only one episode in but so far it’s good.

it’s Animaniacs.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

DesertIslandHermit posted:

On one hand, entertainment studios should do their best at researching things like autism much like anything else to avoid giving negative misconceptions of it.

On the other hand, there were strange internet people such as the ones who wanted real cancer patients for actors in the movie adaption of The Fault In Our Stars

Also lol at the idea of adapting to someone's needs when the needs are related to sensory sensitivity and it involves a loving movie set. I get it's not an issue for some people (like Dan Ackroyd or Anthony Hopkins) but if that's the issue, there's no making a movie set work. I'm super high functioning and there's no way I could handle that much activity for that many hours per day.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

All the President's Men is a great movie. Almost wished it was an hour longer covering until Nixon resignation.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/IGN/status/1329920130130776064

i caught a bit of black panther on cable the other day and was surprised at how black it was i mean literally i couldnt tell what the gently caress was going on in half the fight scenes because black guys in black suits were fighting each other in black backgrounds of pitch blackness

my point being it no longer surprises me to learn that boseman was dying of cancer while making that movie because i honestly doubt he even needed to be around that much at all and im not sure whether the director was actively trying to hide bosemans lack of availability or if the cg people at disney have gone so mad with power that nobody even noticed their lead actor was literally dying

so their trying to somehow develop a sequel around his death is very funny because i have no doubt theyre technically capable of doing so the question is whether theyre going to realize its gonna be really bad for pr if they make it too obvious just how much of a sham these event releases really are

Aglet56
Sep 1, 2011
I'm rewatching the animatrix on hbo max and holy moly it's good. I haven't watched it since the mid 2000s and the different animation styles just hold up so well, even the terrible 2000s cgi. detective story in particular is great. the writing is dumb but of course that's just the matrix for you

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Aglet56 posted:

I'm rewatching the animatrix on hbo max and holy moly it's good. I haven't watched it since the mid 2000s and the different animation styles just hold up so well, even the terrible 2000s cgi. detective story in particular is great. the writing is dumb but of course that's just the matrix for you

The Second Renaissance was far more disturbing and doomery than what I remembered when I did a rewatch in July

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Aglet56 posted:

It's kinda nuts that the Matrix hype was so big that Warner Bros could release a behind the scene dvd on it's own and people still bought it.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Alhazred posted:

It's kinda nuts that the Matrix hype was so big that Warner Bros could release a behind the scene dvd on it's own and people still bought it.

They are called the Warner Sisters now, btw

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

bedpan posted:

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

bedpan posted:

it’s time for Animatrixacs

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Kids Next Door had an entire episode devoted to a riff on The Second Renaissance.

Yall should watch that show because it was goddamn wild, I'm not sure how C-SPAMy

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Kids Next Door had an entire episode devoted to a riff on The Second Renaissance.

Yall should watch that show because it was goddamn wild, I'm not sure how C-SPAMy

A lot of cartoon network shows have a ton of weird obscure animation references in them

teen titans go did at least ten episodes that were just a kids-friendly version of heavy metal

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

I’m going to sidestep all the other discourse here and just laugh my rear end off at “maybe you’re just a bad actor”

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Ghost Leviathan posted:

KND had some pretty brilliantly directed episodes iirc, like the one that was basically just a GWAR music video.

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

watching TNG and this made me chuckle

https://i.imgur.com/UL2tLJL.mp4

data you rascally sociopath!

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
I hated the Second Renaissance because it was peak 00s worldbuilding. It was the first time teen me responded very poorly towards WE ARE NOT JUST A MOVIE; WE ARE A FULLY REALIZED INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY WITH A COMPLEX TIMELINE AND LORE THAT WE ARE NOT JUST MAKING UP.

It was a far leap from the first Matrix movie, which was "What if the world wasn't real? Also, Kung fu."

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzLuS-OOrO0

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Some Guy TT posted:

https://twitter.com/IGN/status/1329920130130776064

i caught a bit of black panther on cable the other day and was surprised at how black it was i mean literally i couldnt tell what the gently caress was going on in half the fight scenes because black guys in black suits were fighting each other in black backgrounds of pitch blackness

my point being it no longer surprises me to learn that boseman was dying of cancer while making that movie because i honestly doubt he even needed to be around that much at all and im not sure whether the director was actively trying to hide bosemans lack of availability or if the cg people at disney have gone so mad with power that nobody even noticed their lead actor was literally dying

so their trying to somehow develop a sequel around his death is very funny because i have no doubt theyre technically capable of doing so the question is whether theyre going to realize its gonna be really bad for pr if they make it too obvious just how much of a sham these event releases really are

From my memory of watching the entire film of black panther, the actor who plays the black panther is fairly prominent in it

Syncopation
Feb 21, 2020

Aglet56 posted:

takeshi koike's short for it loving rocks. also shinichiro watanabe's, for that matter

animist
Aug 28, 2018
Watching ghost rider rn and man this is a *deeply* astonishing movie

Just dumb congealed american masculinity

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

I read Octavia Butler's short story Bloodchild earlier and it's, uh, I don't want to say it got under my skin

nonathlon
Jul 9, 2004
And yet, somehow, now it's my fault ...

animist posted:

Watching ghost rider rn and man this is a *deeply* astonishing movie

Just dumb congealed american masculinity

It's a terrible film. The only argument: is it entertainingly terrible? I'm on the fence about it - while the filmmakers seemed to realise they had a ridiculous property and concept, and leant into it, it doesn't disguise that the whole thing is really dumb.

Bonus points for how the Ghostrider's teenage crush goes away Caucasian and comes back as a Latina.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

nonathlon posted:

It's a terrible film. The only argument: is it entertainingly terrible? I'm on the fence about it - while the filmmakers seemed to realise they had a ridiculous property and concept, and leant into it, it doesn't disguise that the whole thing is really dumb.

Bonus points for how the Ghostrider's teenage crush goes away Caucasian and comes back as a Latina.

The main thing I remember about the movie is that it also had one of the first scenes I remember recognizing as a "this only exists so the shot can be used in trailers/promo material," where Sam Elliot transforms into the predecessor Ghost Rider entirely to ride down an empty highway with Nic Cage then bail once they get to where Cage is going.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

StashAugustine posted:

I read Octavia Butler's short story Bloodchild earlier and it's, uh, I don't want to say it got under my skin

Check out "Speech Sounds"

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Ghost Rider is really fun and sucks

Love it

The sequel, ghost rider vengeance I think is the title

Also sucks and is good

Among the best marval films

Serf
May 5, 2011

i recently rewatched dawn of the dead (1978) and its hilarious now how that movie opens with a tv station manager refusing to take down a list of overrun rescue centers because ratings will go down

also romero is a loving oracle, because the arc of roger is basically that of america throughout my lifetime. acts like a demented cowboy, hooting and hollering and poo poo until he gets bitten twice, then spends the rest of his time slowly deteriorating while amusing himself with relics of the dead empire before he reanimates as a mindless ghoul. i know that the original ending saw peter shooting himself and fran sticking her head up between the helicopter blades and the theatrical ending with peter fighting his way out to the chopper and them escaping was something that the studio demanded, but its really obvious how much romero hates it. the music that plays while peter makes his escape is borderline satirical

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
excellent film scoring by Dario Argento and Goblin!

for the time Roger's alive he and Peter make for a very Dudes Rock movie

love that the biker gang were portrayed as insane freaks for wanting to kill zombies for the sake of killing zombies, and in gorier ways than had been done in zombie films up to that point, and now that's just the entirety of the genre