Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

BizarroAzrael posted:

It's too bad the Secret Apprentice is non-canon and Sam Witwer can't play him in live action.
He still could - they were considering turning him into an Inquisitor for Rebels, so the character's been on Filoni's mind at some point recently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kanine
Aug 5, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

alright here's a new blaster mashup. this time i was thinking something a pirate would use

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

nine-gear crow posted:

Same. I remember having to jumpstart a car and my dad saying don't let the wires touch, so of course I immediately turned around and went "What?" and clacked the cable heads together.

Ahaha. Same thing happened to me. I don't know how young I was, but it scared the poo poo out of me so badly I refused to touch jumper cables again until I was fifteen or sixteen.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I love how Baby Yoda is a deeply deeply spiteful creature and when told not to do something will immediately do it, even if it is something harmful to itself.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.
I like that the child is expanding his palette for snacks. Maybe he'll stay away from people's last known eggs now that he can just enjoy a tasty macaron.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Hazo posted:

The only people who complain about them being too kiddie are the same weirdos who don’t actually understand Star Wars and think gore and dismemberment are a central piece.

Troy Denning?

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

Arcsquad12 posted:

Troy Denning?

Please no

Its Coke
Oct 29, 2018

Jerkface posted:

I know this kinda topic has been beaten to death, but I just watched the episode... and this was a fun episode but god drat has Gina Carrano ruined Cara Dune for me. I liked Cara Dune a lot in S1 and was happy Gina got to play a cool character like that in star wars. Bruiser-archetype female commando? Hell yea. Now though... I hope whatever her involvement is in S2 is the end of it. Let the character of Cara Dune have a nice resolution and gently caress off forever.

I'm not seeign what everyone else is seeing. like yeah her acting is a little worse than it was in season 1 but it's not enough to completely ruin the character for me

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

SirSamVimes posted:

I love how Baby Yoda is a deeply deeply spiteful creature and when told not to do something will immediately do it, even if it is something harmful to itself.

So, a toddler?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Re: Gina Carano, not everyone in the entertainment we watch has to see the world the same way we do. You can enjoy the character without endorsing the actor as a human being.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

Its Coke posted:

I'm not seeign what everyone else is seeing. like yeah her acting is a little worse than it was in season 1 but it's not enough to completely ruin the character for me

It's her behavior outside the show. Especially being so cavalier about covid and being disrespectful to trans folk.

As I've gotten older my ability to just ignore that stuff has decreased. Annoys me greatly if any sports team I cheer for signs dickheads.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Imagine Troy Denning, Michael Stackpole, and everyone’s favorite literary fascist, Karen “Forced Breeding Camps” Traviss writing the proposed Cara Dune spin-off lmao.

Also I just thought about how seething mad the Mando culture stuff on this show must make Traviss and now I’m having a hearty :laffo:.

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

not sure if disney-era lucasfilm would think that crew member being in the shot was funny and will just leave it, or if they'll silently edit it out

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

If they have any guts at all, Jeans Guy will reappear in a later episode and have dialogue and end up with his own wookiepedia article.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
Jeans Guy was trying to protect his ice cream maker.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

exmarx posted:

these human beings keep dying after i inject them with goblin blood? instead of getting magical powers???

You'd think after thousands and thousands of years of Jedi running around someone would have already figured out once and for all if you can inject goblin blood to gain magic powers, but, apparently, no.

What, no one had the idea before?

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

General Dog posted:

If they have any guts at all, Jeans Guy will reappear in a later episode and have dialogue and end up with his own wookiepedia article.

Ringo Star Get posted:

Jeans Guy was trying to protect his ice cream maker.

Phylodox posted:

You mean De’nym Xemit?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

He’s one of the failed Palpatine clones

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Also I just thought about how seething mad the Mando culture stuff on this show must make Traviss and now I’m having a hearty :laffo:.

I mean, I don't know about that. I think she was more huffy about the Clone Wars TV show stuff. Mando has been pulling a lot of stuff from her writing, most notably Beskar itself. She was definitely one of the more aggressively assholish authors but the fact that she still brings up such vitriol a decade later is impressive.

Fun episode. First episode was KOTOR and this one was straight up Dark Forces. I also really liked the use of the Resistance Theme when Mr. Kim was trying to recruit Cara back into the New Republic. It's pretty understandable how little support the Resistance got from locals given that the New Republic has all but abandoned the Outer Rim and the Empire is still active. It's not like the First Order sprang up out of nothing.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Nov 21, 2020

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Watching the Mando and Baby Yoda share a meal together, and the Mando lifting his helmet to drink ... do they not have straws in the Star Wars universe?

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
I was almost expecting the two X wing guys to swoop in and save the day.

That canyon chase was really fun. And fishboy came back, I was scared he was gonna get murked halfway through.

The scientist mentioned M something or other and I'm assuming 'Midiclorians'? Buuuuuut don't those critters live in most organisms not just force sensitive ones?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

He said something to the effect that they were unlikely to find a donor with a higher M-count (than Baby Yoda)

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Railing is expensive and troopers are cheap

"Fear will keep them in line" is the Empire's OSHA policy.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Excellent to see the light cruiser, and a gunship version of the troop carrier (it had sponsoned guns on the side instead of the troop pulpits--which they didn't use)

I couldn't help but notice some voice clips directly lifted from the movies for the trooper chatter. ("all right, men, load your weapons" and some others)

I can't tell if they're implying the midichlorian transfusion process was intended for Gideon, or for the super(Dark)trooper project.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Its Rinaldo posted:

Served during Alderaan is the phrase he used

“Yes I’m a Yavin IV era veteran. “

Big McHuge
Feb 5, 2014

You wait for the war to happen like vultures.
If you want to help, prevent the war.
Don't save the remnants.

Save them all.
I laughed extremely hard at the targeting computer showing the trooper holding a grenade, one of the better visual gags in the series.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Davros1 posted:

Watching the Mando and Baby Yoda share a meal together, and the Mando lifting his helmet to drink ... do they not have straws in the Star Wars universe?

Seems implied that it's more soup/chowder that isn't going to go well through a straw.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Moose King posted:

I got a huge kick out of the big bad scary moff operating his big bad scary (possibly beskar? they were really shiny) Dark Trooper project out of a loving Arquitens :lmao:

Based on the scale of the show so far, I don't know if they'll ever do it, but if an actual Star Destroyer ever shows up it's going to be an incredible Oh poo poo moment

I hope we get that one Star Destroyer from the EU that's painted red.

Thing is about the Imperial remnants is that you can't operate something like a full sized Star Destroyer without the backing of a military-industrial complex, and it's made clear that a lot of remnants have lost their discipline and organisation, unless you have a lunatic like Gideon in charge anyway enforcing it. Has been made clear meanwhile that the New Republic does have enough organisation to bring a squadron of X-Wings down on your rear end at short notice.

radlum
May 13, 2013

Madurai posted:

Excellent to see the light cruiser, and a gunship version of the troop carrier (it had sponsoned guns on the side instead of the troop pulpits--which they didn't use)

I couldn't help but notice some voice clips directly lifted from the movies for the trooper chatter. ("all right, men, load your weapons" and some others)

I can't tell if they're implying the midichlorian transfusion process was intended for Gideon, or for the super(Dark)trooper project.

I can see Gideon trying to make himself a Force user via Baby Yoda blood; he already has the Darksaber and a very Darth Vader-like version of an Imperial officer outfit, seems like a dude with a very high concept of himself.

Maybe the Dark Troopers are his side project, a killer droid army, to do his bidding since actual Stormtroopers are in low availability.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

Madurai posted:

Based on the guys in the tanks, it's probably either for Dark Troopers or Sheev/Snoke.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Moose King posted:

I got a huge kick out of the big bad scary moff operating his big bad scary (possibly beskar? they were really shiny) Dark Trooper project out of a loving Arquitens :lmao:

Based on the scale of the show so far, I don't know if they'll ever do it, but if an actual Star Destroyer ever shows up it's going to be an incredible Oh poo poo moment

Honestly, I really like that everything's scaled down out here in the rear end end of the Outer Rim. If all they've got is a speeder, some hand weapons, and a crappy Republic era gunship, then you don't need a fleet of Sith Star Destroyers with Death Star cannons for the Empire to be scary. You just need a handful of TIEs and an Arquitens. Moff Gideon doesn't need to threaten the whole galaxy to be dangerous, he just needs to threaten the Mando and the Child.

Sometimes less IS more.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

thrawn527 posted:

With no guard rails, even!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bSZXucTH4A

jng2058 posted:

Honestly, I really like that everything's scaled down out here in the rear end end of the Outer Rim. If all they've got is a speeder, some hand weapons, and a crappy Republic era gunship, then you don't need a fleet of Sith Star Destroyers with Death Star cannons for the Empire to be scary. You just need a handful of TIEs and an Arquitens. Moff Gideon doesn't need to threaten the whole galaxy to be dangerous, he just needs to threaten the Mando and the Child.

Sometimes less IS more.

I love it. I love how they did the Star Destroyer shot for a light cruiser. I love how the final boss of last season was a Tie Fighter. This show really gets scale.

MJeff fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Nov 21, 2020

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Frankenstyle posted:

Oh sorry, I guess I kind of missed the point I was trying to make. I was just saying that following the watch list that cuts out some of the weaker bits and makes the story more linear, the show is good fun and my fist impression of it was unfair. I meant to backtrack on how dismissive I've been of TCW in the past. I didn't intend to sound like I was still bitching.

Don't worry!! I probably missed the point too. And yeah, tbh the first episodes it was kinda cringy but I had to remind myself that it was a children's cartoon and to just enjoy it.

I haven't watched Clone Wars, but after seeing little clips about Darth Maul I'm hella interested.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Clone Wars starts rough and the movie is horrible, but it becomes genuinely great and the last few seasons are some of the best Star Wars media around.

Except for The Bad Batch, those guys are loving lame and I can’t believe they’re getting their own show.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

Davros1 posted:

Is symbolism. Is showing character growth. Is dropping armor both literally and figuratively.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Sash! posted:

You'd think after thousands and thousands of years of Jedi running around someone would have already figured out once and for all if you can inject goblin blood to gain magic powers, but, apparently, no.

What, no one had the idea before?

They have, but the last idiots that tried it ended up as cubed meat in one of Master Yoda's stews.

Everyone fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Nov 21, 2020

Kanine
Aug 5, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

This episode reminded me a ton of this work in progress fan project from an artist in the games industry to recreate the first level of Dark Forces in UE4.
https://www.artstation.com/artwork/o52lB

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

GigaPeon posted:

Is symbolism. Is showing character growth. Is dropping armor both literally and figuratively.

:3: I hope he finally decides to go "gently caress this is the way" and reveal his face before Baby Yoda.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Astoundingly Ugly Baby posted:

The one thing that bothered me about Rebels was how they didn't really kill any Stormtroopers. Like, the show always made sure to show the troopers still breathing after they'd been downed.

I think there might have been a few instances where they were unambiguously dead, though.

The A-Team did the same thing so I can overlook it for a Disney childrens show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erev
Jun 9, 2013
I'm actually more excited about the Dark Troopers than Ahsoka (I loving hate grey jedi and most other force spinoffs - though Ahsoka had her occasional decent moment).

That said, I think most people in this thread are misreading the point of the 'cloning vats'. Those aren't for a new Snoke or Palpatine or whatever - they are for the next Dark Trooper wave. Think of it as a mash up between the ones in Dark Forces and the later legends comics - Phase 1 is probably droid in armor. Phase 2 is probably enhanced (clone?) soldiers in armor. Phase 3 is probably Phase 2 but on Jedi Super Soldier Serum - enhanced reflexes and endurance and possibly some minor to moderate force tricks. Remember, they blew up a lab, not a production facility. Gideon's probably hidden that away at his main base on some other planet.

That said, clones will take too long to mature (even using a 1 year Spaarta chamber) so they might not even be cloning chambers exactly but science/metamorphasis pods. And I agree with an earlier post that Gideon most certainly will take the Jedi Super Soldier Serum himself before whatever final battle he has in the next couple seasons.